Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Florete, September 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 3, 2015 - No reason given

Lucina doesn't have the benefit of the tipper. Yes, you can play Marth aggressively, but that's wasting his potential. With Marth, you want to space his HITBOXES. With Lucina, you don't need to worry about that.

And yes, that all does indeed apply to Lucina. I apologize, as I main Marth, and therefor anything I cover NOT involving Marth's tipper-effect also applies to Lucina.

Now, I didn't get to cover everything yet, and I haven't even STARTED covering matchups with my mains. But I suppose I will discuss Counter: Counter can be used as a threshold of things, such as edgeguarding, punishing, reads, and more. But Counter should be a card that is rarely played, because doing Counter in situations, such as offstage or returning to the ground, can lead to a hard punish, so my advice is to use Counter sparingly: you want your foe to forget you even have it.

I'd like to mention that Marth has a killthrow, and in a game where shields are so powerful, a killthrow is a godsend straight from Naga. Up Throw can kill at around a 150% range, give-or-take rage. Speaking of throws, Forward Throw and Back Throw aren't anything to write home to Caeda about, but the real deal here is Down Throw, which can combo into a Back-Air, and at low enough per cents/Non-tippered Back-Airs can lead to a couple Forward Airs.

Speaking of that "Kill Throw" It's quite lame and doesn't KO till the upper 150's.

It was much better when it led into utilts and uairs and such.

what's lame is D3's throws and Mac's throws and those don't kill ever, After a while, you're hard-pressed to even combo off of them

what's lame is D3's throws and Mac's throws and those don't kill ever, After a while, you're hard-pressed to even combo off of them

Well in one case, you're expecting a Boxer to grab someone with PUNCHING GLOVES. :P:

Horizontal knock back knocks Luma off way easier. This is partly why Nairo switches between both Pits, their knock back differences make them better in certain matchups.

Oh, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Be sure to bring it up on their days!

Because super armor every smash attack clearly isn't drastic enough.

Also this discussion is now about Little Mac apparently. The Two Falchions have been dissected pretty thoroughly. (One of my favorite things is when I don't even need to argue my own points.) I will say about their Forward Smashes, though: never discount the reverse tipper hitbox at the startup of Marth's.

Basically

Marth's better for better players

Lunchcina speaks english though, so she earns points with me. That and I like her Shield Breaker charge animation.

Looking back at what I said, I hope I did the Hero King and the Time Traveling Princess a justice.

There's also the whole, "Lucina is slightly shorter than Marth," thing, but... I really don't believe its a big enough difference to even pay attention to.

Looking back at what I said, I hope I did the Hero King and the Time Traveling Princess a justice.

There's also the whole, "Lucina is slightly shorter than Marth," thing, but... I really don't believe its a big enough difference to even pay attention to.

Science comes to save the day - http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55251&p=3914124

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Lucina

lol, Lucina's style is "Forward Smash". That sounds like fun.

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Marth

Here's Marth's frame data as well, so you can compare them side by side.

these are pretty useless for straight up stats about how well things kill, since you're mixing BKB changes with damage changes, and things don't scale linearly anyways

like if you're used to the numbers and formulas then maybe, but....

these are pretty useless for straight up stats about how well things kill, since you're mixing BKB changes with damage changes, and things don't scale linearly anyways

like if you're used to the numbers and formulas then maybe, but....

Marths fsmash tippered ko's around 70% while Lucinas is reliable about 110% iirc.

Of course thats without Rage.

Edited by Jedi

On Mario, at center of FD / starting point in training, respectively:

Marth tipper fsmash: 77 / 56
Lucina fsmash: 113 / 88

note that this is without rage or freshness bonus, obviously