Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

from what I know, perfect shielding Tink's projectiles is probably the way to go, although you can eat 'rangs and arrows with nair iirc

I'm assuming this is like the Link matchup but with a more slippery target with worse disjoint and not the throw combos that Ike is at the perfect weight for

Ike isn't a fan of projectiles in general

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike has received steady buffs with these last few patches, but his gimpable recovery isn't letting him go too high. (At least Diddy Kong has a Wall Cling/Jump) He has no trouble killing whatsoever, and he can spice things up a bit: Up-Tilt, Back-Air, a charged Eruption, Counter, Smash Attacks, (Maybe even Down-Smash, I believe) Forward Air, Up Air- the list goes on. (Maybe even Back Throw? Ana, Ragnell, help me out here?)

Ike can typically kill with ftilt, uptilt, fair, bair, upair, all 3 smash attacks (though dsmash is basically just a worse upsmash), Eruption, and Counter. Charged Quick Draw kills at reasonable percents, but like I mentioned before, pros rarely use QD offensively. Nair and Dtilt also kill at high percents, depending on the stage/character, but that's not something you should go for until like >150% for nair and >200% for dtilt (at which point, Ike breathing on you basically kills). I think Ike's earliest-killing throw is dthrow, but it only starts killing Mario around 200% on FD. Fthrow and bthrow don't kill at any reasonable percent, except maybe on stages with crazy close blast zones like Duck Hunt.

I like his hanging fair, also sorry for not managing this thread for awhile I was busy moving into my college dorms and such, do people want more time to discuss Ike? Or are we good.

Also his recovery why being predicable, he at least has two of them. Not every character can say that.

even little mac has two recoveries :V

luigi has 3 recoveries and is still considered easy to edgeguard

also given the fact that the thread has been completely dead during your absence, I'd say we're good to move on?

might want to wait so that we can be on the right schedule I guess

[b][Color=Red] Add Your Text Here Silver [/color][/b]

Hey Silver ^

Just replace "Add your text here Silver" with "PC1 & PC2" (where PC = name of unit obviously) and you're a-ok

Edited by Elieson

3 Votes

Ganondorf

Samus

2 Votes

DK

Peach

Palutena

Mii Swordfighter

1 Vote

Captain Falcon

Little Mac