Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cheeky little punk :P:

If you're gonna disqualify the vote tell me now so I can vote for someone else before the poll closes.

:^)

If you're gonna disqualify the vote tell me now so I can vote for someone else before the poll closes.

:^)

I already stated when I revived this that Cloud votes will not count until we have him in our consoles lol.

So yes, please vote for another character.

Donkey Kong

[11/18/15, 9:03:42 PM] Euklyd: jedi you fool

[11/18/15, 9:03:47 PM] Euklyd: you need to reserve your votes

[11/18/15, 9:03:48 PM] Euklyd: to break ties

[11/18/15, 9:04:17 PM] anakin irl: Its been awhile I felt there weren't gonna be ties

smh

That should do it, I don't see more votes coming in.

The Leader of the Bunch, you know him well.

iS9E4Qn.jpg

V6H0OgU.png "BANANAAAAAAAA SLAMMAAAAAAAAAA"

Origin: Donkey Kong In the Arcade

Year: 1981

Developer: Nintendo

Framedata

RSATD: Donkey Kongs crowd chant references the DK 64 DK Rap. "DK! Donkey Kong!"

So here we have Donkey Kong, one of the original 12 fighters of 64, ready to kick some tail. He is deceptively fast for his weight class and he has some very strong combos, his dtilt can poke and combo into itself. His Cargo Hold, throw can lead into various combos and even kill remarkably early off the top.

Although he still suffers from being a big target, his recovery is also fairly decent for his weight. Which can be used on stage for some super armor punches.

I don't have all that much experience with DK, but he's a fun character to mess around with, and as I fight more of them on FG I realize just how much he's been buffed in this game to be a viable threat.

Edited by Jedi

DK has at least 4 ways to dunk people, which proves that he is the Smash Bros version of LeBron James, and therefor worthy of top tier.

Oh yes, his 4 meteor smashes, which can be used to great effect on the edge, I even did it in a recorded video. Lemme grab it real fast. Down B too strong.

https://youtu.be/V0j6uqRAhBo?t=37s

Clearly more OP than needles.

I wish I had more to say, but I only use Donkey Kong for fun, so I'm not well versed in his competitive nuances. I voted for him since he seems quite a bit more viable in comparison to other heavyweight characters. (As much as I love 'Dorf, he has a lot of issues.)

Edited by Carmine Sword

Funny I don't see the word, needles :P:

You wanna add more?

Needles aren't going to kill you at 70%. This isn't Melee.

Not really. I don't play DK, and all I know about the matchup from Link's perspective is "keep him at a distance and don't get grabbed."

Sheik can get more milage from being aggro since she's got better shieldpokes, but even she can die hella early to that stupid grab.

Needles aren't going to kill you at 70%. This isn't Melee.

Not really. I don't play DK, and all I know about the matchup from Link's perspective is "keep him at a distance and don't get grabbed."

Sheik can get more milage from being aggro since she's got better shieldpokes, but even she can die hella early to that stupid grab.

I was playing vs a Pretty solid DK on FG the other day as Pit, and Pit has a very difficult time keeping him away unless I was in the air or could pelt him with some quick arrows.

I was pretty terrified when I was in arms length as Pit's blades aren't the longest of disjointed weapons by any stretch of the imagination.

You also don't main Pit.

The feeling of having to lame out a heavyweight is soul-crushing.

Yeah I don't lol, so probably I wasn't doing the most viable things.

Meanwhile Ike can kinda space DK out somewhat, punishing him is also easier, but he can also do the same if I miss horribly. Dem grabs, and I also need to get into grab range for some of my better combos.