Fox
Sheik

[8/31/15, 11:42:26 PM] Dark Jedi: Euk
[8/31/15, 11:42:35 PM] Dark Jedi: plz vote for a second person too

FINE, BE THAT WAY: Isaac

w9lYIc5.gif

Am I doing it right.

ILUjedi

who the fuck is "little samus"? mii gunner?

Little Mac and Samus...
Edited by Elieson

We have a bit of a tie... Need a tiebreaker.

3 Votes

Palutena

Charizard

Peach

Marth/Lucina

2 Votes

Roy

Ike

Luigi

Mario/Doc

1 Vote

Ganondorf

DK

Megaman

Little Mac

Samus

Captain Falcon

Pac-Man

Lucario

Lucas

Fox

Sheik

Pits

Isaac....?????

Edited by Jedi

We have a bit of a tie... Need a tiebreaker.

3 Votes

Palutena

Charizard

Peach

Marth/Lucina

2 Votes

Roy

Ike

Luigi

Mario/Doc

1 Vote

Ganondorf

DK

Megaman

Little Mac

Samus

Captain Falcon

Pac-Man

Lucario

Lucas

Fox
Sheik
Pits
Isaac....?????

Can I vote again? That'll help.

Finally the tie is broken. Marth and Lucina are now the subject of discussion.

FLUTAWi.jpg

0e01GM3.png“I am a prince before I am a son or brother.”

Origin: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light

Year: 1990

Developer: Intelligent Systems

VA: Hikaru Midorikawa

Frame Data

RSATD: Marth's basic moveset derives not only from his NES/SNES apperences, but also that of FE4 and FE5 swordmasters such as the Dolphin Slash being a critical from the class, as well as his side b possibly referring to the skill Astra, his moves are usually fast and deadly as well. Just in general, Marth owes a-lot to the Swordmaster class.

S19Snvp.jpg

zQTYx5D.png"I challenge my fate!"

Origin: Fire Emblem Awakening

Year: 2012

Developer: Intelligent Systems

English VA: Laura Bailey

Japanese VA: Yu Kobayashi

As redundant as it seems Frame Data

RSATD: Lucina's animation for shield breaker differs from Marths and can be seen as a reference to one of her animations from Awakening where she'd dash straight at a foe with a lunging stab.

Overall I quite like how Marth plays, always have in Smash since Melee, however despite recent buffs, he still lacks the age old flow which made him feel like Marth, but slowly he's regaining some old tools and maybe he'll reclaim his spot among the top threats once more with his deadly tippers still being devastating and able to get quick KOs.

Lucina is basically Marth-lite and I feel she works better in matchups where tippers would be much harder to land (I.E Captain Falcon), but she lacks a huge amount of punch, and she basically seems like Marth but without the tipper and a somewhat better all-around blade, which still doesn't quite do as well as Marth. Almost all of their frames are identical, like heck even ROY back in his pure clone days had different frames and attacks worked quite differently.

But hey, it is what it is. Have fun with discussion and I'll be able to share insight since I play Marth fairly often.

Edited by Jedi

s1SsONY.jpg

I kinda like playing as Lucina more than Marth, mainly because I'm not the best at the finer bits of spacing to maximize tipper capitalization. I find her to be a good NESS counter, but otherwise just a well rounded Close-Up PC. That being said, Well-Rounded gets you thrown to the bottom of a tier list, since you lack notable combos that outright destroy as say, Sheik/Pikachu/Ike even.

Those amiibos look like shit.

Marth is pretty fun to play as but not really as fun to play as he was in Melee or even Brawl, where he had a certain flow and a lot of tools at his disposal. Here, he just has some not spectacular strings (especially since customs have become uncool, so Grab Release -> Crescent Slash isn't as much of a thing anymore), decent frame data (beating a lot of the worse characters but losing quite handily to say, Captain Falcon), a sword (that isn't quite as long as it used to be, omedeto Marthipan), and tippers. His aerials in particular have way too much lag, and a lag reduction in general would make him a lot funner to play. Of course, he'd need to be able to combo to truly be good...and I selfishly want his sword to be as long as it was in Melee.

Edited by Refa

Marth has seen better days. They lack any solid throw combos and their aerials don't string together like Melee and Brawl. There's some nice frame data they have, but the falchion duo still feel clunky with their peck and run playstyle. Lucina's allowed to be a bit more aggressive because she doesn't need to worry about spacing as much, but she sacrifices kill power which Marth wasn't exactly overflowing with anyway. Also their Dair spike hitbox is legitimately saddening.