Jedi Plays Freedom Planet

Jedi

The story seems kind of hackneyed, like it's trying to conform to the structure of a Sonic plot while also being its own original plot. Maybe it's just because the opening cutscene reminded me of a webcomic with those expressions.

Otherwise, I really like the look of the game from what I've seen. It looks like a Treasure developed Sonic game.

Treasure's Gunstar Heroes was clearly one of the main inspirations for this game. It's Kickstarter page even describes it as a "collision" between Megaman, Sonic and Gunstar Heroes.

As someone who grew up in the 90s, zhe game's aesthetics and it's cheesy plot were quite a treat. That opening cutscene basically sold me instantly. As for the gameplay, definitely my game of the year by far. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

By the way, Jedi. Is this run going to be of the Steam version or the Wii U version?

Edited by BrightBow

Treasure's Gunstar Heroes was clearly one of the main inspirations for this game. It's Kickstarter page even describes it as a "collision" between Megaman, Sonic and Gunstar Heroes.

As someone who grew up in the 90s, zhe game's aesthetics and it's cheesy plot were quite a treat. That opening cutscene basically sold me instantly. As for the gameplay, definitely my game of the year by far. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

By the way, Jedi. Is this run going to be of the Steam version or the Wii U version?

This will be the steam version, I don't have my console recording equipment with me currently.

The story seems kind of hackneyed, like it's trying to conform to the structure of a Sonic plot while also being its own original plot. Maybe it's just because the opening cutscene reminded me of a webcomic with those expressions.

Otherwise, I really like the look of the game from what I've seen. It looks like a Treasure developed Sonic game.

It's much of its own thing by the time it kicks in, also yeah as Brightbow said its basically Treasure inspired, and Saturn platformer inspired.

Edited by Jedi

That opening went a complete 180 from being laughably cheesy to shock at seeing the beheading

Welcome to Freedom Planet :P:.

It's kind of a running thing with it, the tone shifts a bit.

Sorry to say, but I think I'll skip this one for now. The reason being that this game is already quite high on my to-play list, so I'm more or less avoiding spoilers. From what I have seen I can tell this is a pretty great game, so have fun and whatnot.

I don't think I ever actually managed to stay ahead of the boulder like that. I always just end up jumping behind them after running up a slope.

Oh that works too, I forgot you could do that haha!

Is there's an option in the game to turn off the voice acting? If I someday buy this game, I'd probably play it off voice

(if possible).

Anyways, good stuff. Will be watching the future episodes.

[spoiler=also...]Lilac is a Dragon!? I was sure she'd be a Hedgehog :P:.

Is there's an option in the game to turn off the voice acting? If I someday buy this game, I'd probably play it off voice

(if possible).

Anyways, good stuff. Will be watching the future episodes.

[spoiler=also...]Lilac is a Dragon!? I was sure she'd be a Hedgehog :P:.

I don't believe there is a way to turn off the voice acting (although I think the VA's all do a good job personally), but you can do "Classic" Mode which skips all the story if you want.

Yeah, she's a dragon and its actually semi plot important

Edited by Jedi

I don't believe there is a way to turn off the voice acting (although I think the VA's all do a good job personally), but you can do "Classic" Mode which skips all the story if you want.

I see. The voice acting feels a little odd to me, but I guess I can get used to it. I'll watch the story in your LP and if I feel like buying the game sometime, I'll probably do the classic mode.

Not to be a nag, but since my channel is still newish, I'd like as many likes as I can get, so if you like them and have a channel, could I please ask you for a little like click? Thanks

^^

Edited by Jedi

I so love the music in the first part of Relic Maze. Of course, the soundtrack is pretty amazing in general but this one is definitely one of my favorites.

And I never really noticed this before but Relic Maze has quite a lot of mini bosses that can be defeated or skipped in some unconventional manner, which I don't think is really done in any of the other levels. I know you can troll Spade as Lilac by camping on the ledge, but that's about it.

Also, 15 minutes of cutscenes, wow. They didn't feel quite as long when I played Adventure Mode. I actually quite like cutscenes in sprite-based sidescrollers, if characters actually do stuff like he in this game, instead of just standing around while going through dialog boxes as in most games I've seen. But I can most certainly see why they decided to trim them down a little for the Wii U version.

Edited by BrightBow

I so love the music in the first part of Relic Maze. Of course, the soundtrack is pretty amazing in general but this one is definitely one of my favorites.

And I never really noticed this before but Relic Maze has quite a lot of mini bosses that can be defeated or skipped in some unconventional manner, which I don't think is really done in any of the other levels. I know you can troll Spade as Lilac by camping on the ledge, but that's about it.

Also, 15 minutes of cutscenes, wow. They didn't feel quite as long when I played Adventure Mode. I actually quite like cutscenes in sprite-based sidescrollers, if characters actually do stuff like he in this game, instead of just standing around while going through dialog boxes as in most games I've seen. But I can most certainly see why they decided to trim them down a little for the Wii U version.

Yeah Relic Maze has tons of minibosses, I don't think even the combat heavy Battle Glacier comes close to it.

I didn't realize how long this particular series of cutscenes were either until I did this recording tbh.