Holy shit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just that.

The plot makes no sense... and it's already been done before somewhat, by Macbeth, with the whole "OH Wait, the bad guy is really the good guy?"

Dude. That's not the point. Have you seen it?

Not really. Suzaku was just a sort of plot device. Every other character was there since you can't really have a show with three characters, can you?

The plot made no sense either.

CG was intended as a deconstruction of Gundam. Thus why Suzaku is such a wangsty bitch- He's a 0079 Amuro Rei clone.

To continue the comparisons, Ledouche is a CHAR, CC is an immortal version of Lalah Sune, Nunnally is Sayla Mass, and the Avalon is White Base.

CG was intended as a deconstruction of Gundam. Thus why Suzaku is such a wangsty bitch- He's a 0079 Amuro Rei clone.

To continue the comparisons, Ledouche is a CHAR, CC is an immortal version of Lalah Sune, Nunnally is Sayla Mass, and the Avalon is White Base.

No I wasn't! >_<

No I wasn't! >_<

You're not being serious, are you? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

No I wasn't! >_<

You're not being serious, are you? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nah, I knew what he meant, I just couldn't resist! XD

No I wasn't! >_<

Pure Loptousu has been diluted with Baldos blood.

The Lancelot mech in cg is supposed to be a nod to the overpowered gundams of the gundam series. Suzaku is supposed to be the random kid in most of the gundam series that suddenly becomes the best mecha pilot because he is SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME! Ahem... A newtype... coordinator... whatever the hell heero yuy and the others pilots were in gundam wing. Rather than him being a super soldier like they are he is instead a rather gifted individual.

The Lancelot mech in cg is supposed to be a nod to the overpowered gundams of the gundam series. Suzaku is supposed to be the random kid in most of the gundam series that suddenly becomes the best mecha pilot because he is SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME! Ahem... A newtype... coordinator... whatever the hell heero yuy and the others pilots were in gundam wing. Rather than him being a super soldier like they are he is instead a rather gifted individual.

To be fair, Loran, Heero, Garrod, Usso, and Setsuna all had justifications: Both Loran and Heero were trained to pilot MS for years prior, Garrod hijacked mobile suits for a living before hand, Usso's mom designed and built the V and he's been around MS all his life, and Setsuna is a child soldier to begin with. Kira is debatable, because he kinda wrote the operating system but is still wearing meter-thick plot armor, and Shinn had the same deal going as Heero.

Seabook Arno and Cecily Fairchild have no fucking excuse whatsoever, and the two even lampshade it various times throughout F-91...

Amuro's justification is that he actually wasn't that good at first, it was that the Gundam itself was the first MS to utilize beam weapons standardly, and the Gundarium shrugged off most conventional weapons. By the time Zeon's MS began using beam weapons, Amuro was good enough to dodge the beams.

Kamille's situation is different. His piloting ability is explained by him peeking into the Mk. 2's manual, as well as being able to pilot junior MS prior before that. Another thing is that he's teamed up with veteran pilots, not to mention that MS battles are smaller in number, so most of the time it was a matter of fighting one on one or two. Kamille definitely had room to get better.

Seabook Arno and Cecily Fairchild have no fucking excuse whatsoever, and the two even lampshade it various times throughout F-91...
This is the absolute truth. I would be fine with this if the Federation didn't suck so much in comparison, making the contrast in skill level even greater than it should be.
Kira is debatable, because he kinda wrote the operating system but is still wearing meter-thick plot armor,
I always imagined a more reasonable explanation for this would be more like Kamille's in that Kira would have been piloting machines similar to MS prior to the Heliopolis attack, and had already designed the most of the OS before on test machines without realizing they were intended for mobile suits.

But no, Kira wrote the entire thing in just a few seconds.

And I heavily disagree on Kira having meter thick plot armor.

It's three meters wide.

It was a cold, dark 28th of December, in the year 2008. A young lad, leaving his home forum of FEEF for the first time found this haven for internet goers. His name was Erk23, but that was only one of his many aliases. He was also known as Indeed, his favorite catch phrase. Once he even took the name of a banned member, to recognize his legacy. He came back after a long retirement under the name Achilles, now an unknown face. He now begins his journey again...

That took five mins, the longest I have ever spent on a post here.

Edited by Lord Trelem

This is the absolute truth. I would be fine with this if the Federation didn't suck so much in comparison, making the contrast in skill level even greater than it should be.

Birguet was actually a pretty good pilot in F-91. He just got zerg-rushed and didn't have any cover whatsoever.

Everyone else couldn't pilot worth a shit though, so it's a viable argument.

Kira is debatable, because he kinda wrote the operating system but is still wearing meter-thick plot armor,
I always imagined a more reasonable explanation for this would be more like Kamille's in that Kira would have been piloting machines similar to MS prior to the Heliopolis attack, and had already designed the most of the OS before on test machines without realizing they were intended for mobile suits.

But no, Kira wrote the entire thing in just a few seconds.

And I heavily disagree on Kira having meter thick plot armor.

It's three meters wide.

Kira basically said he was using only the most basic OS that would work at the time (Read: MS DOS for MS). It's a little more believable considering how little code is in a basic OS like DOS compared to a modern OS.

That said, Shinn DID kick Kira's ass in Destiny halfway through. The only reason the Strike Freedom was so broken was those goddamn DRAGOONs, which Shinn had absolutely none of. So Kira lost the plot armor and gained so much Autoaim, he didn't even need it anymore.

It's a little more believable considering how little code is in a basic OS like DOS compared to a modern OS.
No it's not. Five seconds is still far too short for even a basic task like that. An operating system has to be written to interface directly with the hardware, and with knowledge of the hardware itself in order to write instructions that can manipulate the joints to do the required tasks.

You're telling me that Kira being able to do all of this in just a few seconds is believable? It's not even believable in anime logic since Kira is defining all Coordinators to be able to do this kind of stuff, but Coordinators not named Kira rarely do anything this extranordinary and ridiculous, no matter what incredible things they do.

That said, Shinn DID kick Kira's ass in Destiny halfway through. The only reason the Strike Freedom was so broken was those goddamn DRAGOONs, which Shinn had absolutely none of. So Kira lost the plot armor and gained so much Autoaim, he didn't even need it anymore.
I'm mostly talking about every time Kira dies, he doesn't. This happens in both SEED and Destiny.

Though this doesn't excuse crappy battles where Kira doesn't even try to be clever when he's fighting the druggies in the first SEED unlike the first half of SEED where he did cool stuff with Strike. Kira must have thought he was piloting a Gundam Wing MS whenever he climbed into Freedom.