The 1 thing I hate the most about Brawl

uguu

The fact that sometimes when you press the grab button you shield. All the time I'm in the perfect position to grab an enemy and it WILL kill them, then I press the button and it shields. I lost my perfect chance. Then the enemy kills me. I hate it more than tripping, especially since I lose more because of the stupid grab shield than tripping and the grab shield happens more than tripping. I just hate it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what controller you're using. If you are using the Wii Remote alone, it is a little tricky, but every other controller has a secondary grab button. Just don't hold the grab button, or else it will create a weak shield.

Secondary, there isn't any secondary grab button. You're crazy. But still, that goddamn grab shield... IF I WANTED TO SHIELD I WOULD PRESS R DAMMIT.

Secondary, there isn't any secondary grab button. You're crazy. But still, that goddamn grab shield... IF I WANTED TO SHIELD I WOULD PRESS R DAMMIT.

Can't you change your controls in the options?

Also, one thing I hate about Brawl is edgehogging.

z on the gamecube controller only acts as a grab button, (don't know what happens when you hold it though...)

Depends on what controller you're using. If you are using the Wii Remote alone, it is a little tricky, but every other controller has a secondary grab button. Just don't hold the grab button, or else it will create a weak shield.

There is no weak shield in this game iirc, they got rid of that to balance the controllers out. Otherwise, the gamecube controllers would hold the advantage of implementing both weak and strong shields while the other ones do not

Edgehogging has been in since Smash Bros. 64, and it isn't going anywhere. Also, anything other than the default (minus tap jump, of course) feels weird.

Also, even if I just tap the grab button sometimes it shields instead. It's the stupidest idea put in this game, tripping doesn't even happen very often.

Also, even if I just tap the grab button sometimes it shields instead. It's the stupidest idea put in this game, tripping doesn't even happen very often.

tripping happens to me WAY to often.

makes me laugh though, when they are all dorky on the floor

tripping happens to me WAY to often.

makes me laugh though, when they are all dorky on the floor

Tripping happens more to fast dash attack spammers. Especially fast characters.

Tripping happens more to fast dash attack spammers. Especially fast characters.

muahahaha! that's me lol!

i'm a filthy cheater

...Sitting on the edge of the stage?

L-Canceling, Wave Dashing, all those things aren't my type of thing, I'm glad they are gone.

I don't usually trip.

If you Press Z and hold it, it becomes a Shield, so it's not only a grab, but I've never had a problem with it shielding rather than grabbing.. But I still do miss grabbing, though thats my own timing fault.

There's a mixed blessing in the options for controllers. You get so used to using a certain one that it all goes to crap when you have to use another controll scheme.

I use a classic controller, my brother uses a GC controller. If we're at another person's house and we have to use the wii remote then we're both pretty much screwed.

There's a mixed blessing in the options for controllers. You get so used to using a certain one that it all goes to crap when you have to use another controll scheme.

I use a classic controller, my brother uses a GC controller. If we're at another person's house and we have to use the wii remote then we're both pretty much screwed.

Take your own pads with you. As for me, my Wavebird will be my choice of weapon. I mean pad.

DK's isn't so bad if you're good at timing the button presses actually. Anyways, Arc, I use the Classic Controller when my Wiimote has batteries, and Gamecube controller when my Wiimote is starting to die. I guess that's the problem since I'm using the gamecube controller right now, although it also happens sometimes when I'm using the Classic controller.

Solution: grab with R+A

Problem: What if were not used to it. It's hard to switch from what you're so used to doing

Grabbing's not that difficult ¬¬

Just relax and everything will do great :D

The ONLY thing i hate the most about Brawl is the EPIC MISTAKE ON THE BLACK KNIGHT'S TROPHY DESCRIPTION.

IT'S NOT ETTARD. IT'S ALONDITE!!!!!! DDDDDX

The ONLY thing i hate the most about Brawl is the EPIC MISTAKE ON THE BLACK KNIGHT'S TROPHY DESCRIPTION.

oh dude, seriously.... that was so annoying when i saw it.....

I haven't obtained the Black Knight trophy yet, it is a coin launcher trophy or a specially obtained one?

but that does sound annoying, kinda like that "binding blade" shenanigan they concocted

They based everything on the JAPANESE version of Radiant dawn

In the japanese version, Ike has Alondite and The black knight has Ettard.

Have you noticed how the black knight's theme is called "against the DARK knight"? Thats cuz thats what he is in japanese, the DARK knight.

And the one thing i hate the most about brawl.....uhh.......oh yeah, THEY TOOK ROY OUT BUT KEPT GAY MAN WATCH.