take this radiant dawn test... if you dare

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the answer to question 5 is really "no one," it is total bullshit.

I posit that the question is BS regardless of what the "answer" is, merely because it's ambiguous/opinionated just like most of the others.

But that is niether here nor there. Has anyone else noticed that there are a sufficient number of 5.0-and-under answers with different responses that one can figure out what smash is actually looking for on a few questions?

Here are my answers:

QUESTION 1: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the two best beorcs in the game?

According to the kills screen at the end of my 2 previous runs: Haar and Nephanee

QUESTION 2: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit that joins in part 1?

Nolan

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any order)?

Meg, Fiona, Tanith, Sigrun, Illyana, Lethe, Lyre, Kysha, Tormod, Muarim.

QUESTION 4: What is the hardest Part 4 chapter and why (take 4-E as five separate chapter)?

4 Endgame 5, because it is the only one that I have major trouble with.

QUESTION 5: Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why? (Note: this is a trick question)

Nolan in 3-6 and Edward in 3-13

QUESTION 6: Considering performance in part 2 ONLY, and excluding Astrid, who is the worst unit in part 2?

Makalov

QUESTION 7: Considering performance over the entire game, and excluding Zihark and Mia, who is the best swordmaster?

Edward

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game? (Tome user is one who joins able to wield tomes immediately. So someone like Laura is not included).

Soren

QUESTION 9: Considering performance over the entire game, rank the royal laguz from best to worst. (The royals considered are Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, and Kurthnaga).

Caineghis, Tibarn, Nailah, Naesala, Giffca, Kurthnaga

QUESTION 10: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit in the CRKs? (The CRKs are the units who are available in 3-9)

Kieran

BONUS QUESTION: Is Danved really Devdan?

The PoR transfer bonuses say so, so yes he is.

*bets he gets less than 4/10*

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1. Ike and Rolf - I've never played a game where Rolf isn't one of my best units, his stats are insane and his extra range plus Double Bow is just hax. AND Triangle Attack.

2. Rafiel

3. Meg, Fiona, Lyre, Lethe, Vika, Oliver, Micaiah (slow as ass, worthless 4-E stats, only good for staves and weakening armors), Tormod, Makalov, Renning

4. 4E-3 - dragons are rough and Dheginsea is a badass

5. Aran - the extra power will make up for his crappy speed and his high DEF will allow him to take several hits.

6. Calill

7. Edward - I guess, though Zihark and Mia are both better.

8. Soren

9. Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, Naesala, Nailah, Kurth

10. Geoffrey

11. He says he is not so no since there is no legitimate proof otherwise.

Though I fail to see how this can be objectively graded, I figure I'd give it a shot anyway.

Edited by Arteris

Hexmaster44

confidential

Wisper

confidential

*bets he gets less than 4/10*

1/10

Arteris

1/10

I should've just automatically failed you for listing Rolf as one of the two best units in the game, but I'll just grade each question evenly.

I figure now would be a good time to reveal the answers. I'll also post all the confidential scores (later), as well as all the questions with partial credit.

For the answers. Replace "Oliver" with "Pelleas" for question number 3 (I think people forgot Pelleas even existed). Then you can just look at Stephen_Glass's post.

Well actually he got the bonus question wrong (Danved is most certainly not Devdan), but I wasn't grading that question anyway.

For the answers. Replace "Oliver" with "Pelleas" for question number 3 (I think people forgot Pelleas even existed). Then you can just look at Stephen_Glass's post.

Actually I'd say Pelleas is more useful than Oliver since one can slap a seal on Pelleas and get auto-Physic early on.

Actually I'd say Pelleas is more useful than Oliver since one can slap a seal on Pelleas and get auto-Physic early on.

Except Oliver doesn't need a seal, and he requires less staff uses before he can fortify (he has A staves, while Pelleas has B.)

Edited by smash fanatic

Does anyone mind if I make one that are undebateable facts?

Why do you care if someone minds? If you want to make one, do it. Nobody will stop you. I'd be interested to see if it's actually less opinionated than this one.

Except Oliver doesn't need a seal, and he requires less staff uses before he can fortify (he has A staves, while Pelleas has B.)

Pelleas also arrives and helps out for two chapters, then Endgame he's probably brushed off.

At least if you slap a seal on him he can do something. Oh, and he could do some major damage to Dragons in 4-E-3 due to access of Thunder tomes. Also, no fighting for Balberith since he's the only Dark user (okay, there's Lehran but he isn't forced anyway).

I suppose now would be a good time to explain the answers (as well as repost them for convenience).

QUESTION 1: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the two best beorcs in the game?

Answer: Haar, Ike.

Reason: I don't need to waste my time on this.

QUESTION 2: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit that joins in part 1?

Answer: Volug

Reason: He's ridiculously good in part 1, and is your best unit in part 3. Even in part 4 he remains decent, since he doubles everything and has decent durability.

Some common answers were Nolan and Sothe. They are wrong. Nolan has 1-1 to 1-4, but then gets lolraped for the rest of the game all the way until he promotes into third tier (if you don't believe me, look at their stats). Sothe is in a similar situation; he has 1-2 to 1-4, remains even with Volug for the rest of part 1, but starts getting raped beyond that.

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any order)?

Answer (in no order).

Fiona.

Astrid.

Lyre.

Meg.

Sanaki

Pelleas

Lethe

Kyza

Renning

Sigrun

Some common answers were Vika, Tormod, Muarim, Oliver, Gareth. They are wrong. Vika/Tormod/Muarim are actually useful for a couple of chapters, which is better than what the real 10 worst can claim (they are terrible the entire game). Oliver joins with staves, and being able to heal, even if you're one of the worst choices, is still better than being one of the worst choices for fighters (technically Pelleas can heal, but this requires a seal, which is in high demand). Gareth gives +5 str/skl in two chapters, so he can actually be slightly helpful, which is again more than what the real 10 worst can say.

However, since there are a lot of units in the game, and it's understandable that you may have forgotten a few units existed, the following units gave you partial credit. Mentioning 1 of them would give you a -0.1

Edward

Leo

Lucia

Kurth

Calill

Danved

Makalov

Gareth

Mentioning one of these units would give you a -0.2.

Rolf

Tanith

Ilyana

Oliver

Bastian

Ena

If you mentioned a unit not listed here (for example Vika/Tormod/Muarim), or you accumulated -0.5 or more, you just got the problem wrong.

QUESTION 4: What is the hardest Part 4 chapter and why (take 4-E as five separate chapter)?

Answer: 4-4.

Reason: Prog basically nailed it in the head, but I'll repeat it anyway. It has a huge enemy:PC ratio. They are also at a very high level relative to your levels (for example, 4-4 enemies range from level 10-15, while 4-E-2 enemies range from level 13-15). There's also a sleep staff that will hit you at a critical chokepoint (going up the stairs with two generals blocking the way). There are sleep staves in other chapters, but they can hit you from anywhere, so you can simply have some cannon fodder take the hit. You can't do that in 4-4. The terrain also works against you since you have to climb stairs, and this also makes horses nearly useless.

Some common answers were 4-3 and 4-E-3. They are close, but still wrong anyway. 4-3 is easy if you send fliers/laguz since the enemies are wimpy (they are level 8-12, compared to the level 10-15 you see in 4-4). 4-4 is not easy even if you stack your team with the best units you have, and it makes your other teams a lot worse anyway. 4-E-3 gives you lots of def/res/avoid tiles to work with, there's a lot less enemies to deal with, and it's not a rout chapter, plus you have all of your h4x units rather than just ~6 for 4-4, as well as just higher levels/better weapons/dragonfoe/etc.

QUESTION 5: Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why? (Note: this is a trick question)

Answer: No one in particular. You failed the question if you mentioned a specific unit.

Reason: Basically, every fighter worth using will be OHKOing or one rounding with beastfoe. There's nothing special if X unit can OHKO.

QUESTION 6: Considering performance in part 2 ONLY, and excluding Astrid, who is the worst unit in part 2?

Answer: Nephenee.

Reason: She has the worst durability of any fighter in part 2 (well, Marcia ties, but Marcia has flying), and doesn't double unless she uses a ridiculously weak weapon (in which case her damage is still terrible anyway). So she's pretty much the bottom of the barrel in both defense and offense. Heather is worse at defense (she takes 1 less hit to kill. Note that her offense is still roughly the same since she can double easily and Neph can't), but she has thief utility.

Lethe was 0.5 partial credit, since Lethe is pretty awful herself (better than Neph, but you could actually put up a decent argument saying Lethe is worse). Her stats are okay, but she has the whole lolcat issues, plus because olivi grasses are in short supply, she's stealing them from Nealuchi/Mordy, who are significantly better than her.

QUESTION 7: Considering performance over the entire game, and excluding Zihark and Mia, who is the best swordmaster?

Answer: Stefan

Reason: Edward is pretty much awful the entire game, and even if you do train him he's hardly any better than Stefan, if at all. Lucia has one short chapter in part 2 and then reppears in part 4 as one of the worst units on the team. Stefan joins immediately usable. He's not as good as the royals in 4-E, but he's fairly comparable to the rest of the team, which means he's not a bad choice. Plus you can ferry Micaiah to Stefan's spot and let Stefan start raping enemies in 4-3 earlier (the enemies only have 2 move, so it's easy to get Micaiah over).

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game? (Tome user is one who joins able to wield tomes immediately. So someone like Laura is not included).

Answer: Micaiah

Reason: She's useful in part 1 for thanibombing armors, or just having good offense in general (relative to the rest of the team), and then plays healbot after promotion. All other tome users are average or worse for the entire game, other than Tormod who has 3 chapters of being good (and then becomes lolcrap), while Micaiah has significantly more.

QUESTION 9: Considering performance over the entire game, rank the royal laguz from best to worst. (The royals considered are Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, and Kurthnaga).

Answer: Nailah > Tibarn > Naesala >= Cain > Giffca > Kurth

The >= means that you could have Cain in front of Naesala and still get full credit.

Reason: Nailah has the most availability outside of 4-E, and is also present for the most difficult chapters any royal is in (1-E and 4-4). She's not a particularly good choice for 4-E as a royal, but she's still ridiculous, and existing in harder chapters is better than existing in easier ones anyway.

Tibarn is next because he ties for second best availability, and he's better than Naesala because of winning basically every stat by large amounts.

Naesala and Cain are tied for third. Naesala also ties for second best availability, but he's arguably the worst royal in 4-E (well, kurth, but kurth was just a joke). Cain has better stats overall and is the best boss killer (he makes Degh a lot easier).

Giffca is next, since he's basically cain but without formshift.

Kurth is obviously last. I should have automatically given a 0/10 to anyone who didn't have Kurth at the last spot.

QUESTION 10: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit in the CRKs? (The CRKs are the units who are available in 3-9)

Answer: Kieran or Geoffrey

Reason: All the CRKs are pretty awful beyond the CRK chapters, but Kieran/Geoffrey are the best in CRK chapters, making them the most useful.

Marcia was a common answer. This is wrong. She loses stats to Kieran/Geoffrey, and she doesn't have many places where she can clearly abuse her flying. She may be better beyond CRK chapters, but she's still one of the worst units to bring along, so that hardly matters.

Pelleas also arrives and helps out for two chapters, then Endgame he's probably brushed off.

At least if you slap a seal on him he can do something.

Unfortunately seals are in high demand.

Oh, and he could do some major damage to Dragons in 4-E-3 due to access of Thunder tomes.

And get lolraped in return. Not to mention we have like 15 other fighters in that chapter. Staff users should just stand back and heal, or use a long-range tome if no one needs healing (which btw doesn't help Pelleas, since you don't actually get any boltings unless you purposely make 3-2 harder so you can steal one).

Also, no fighting for Balberith since he's the only Dark user (okay, there's Lehran but he isn't forced anyway).

He sucks at fighting either way. Are you seriously ever going to have Pelleas attack something?

Anyway, reposting scores for everyone.

COLONEL M

3.8/10

bananas

2/10

Knife

3/10

cynthia

5/10

Pride

3.5/10

Aioria

4/10

charmander6000

5.5/10

dondon151

5/10

Rolanmen1

3.5/10

Red Fox of Fire

5/10

Blacknight9

2/10

CGV

3/10

Aozaki Touko

4/10

Joshybear25

5.5/10

Mekkah

8/10

kirsche

6/10

Ether

5.5/10

nflchamp

6.2/10

Luster Warrior

7/10

interceptor

9.1/10

DragonBladeSniper

5/10

Vykan12

6.6/10

Florina Belmont

3/10

Stephen_Glass

9.8/10

Zath of the Sword

3.8/10

Hexmaster44

6/10

Wisper

7/10

NinjaMonkey

1/10

Arteris

1/10

Edited by smash fanatic

Tch, I miscalculated. I figured that smash would give Nephenee the nod for existing in 2-1 and making the chapter eaiser, and then ferry Marcia's Steel Lance to her for 2-2 so that she could double with higher mt. I forgot that he hates her for some unfathomable reason. Definitely should have gone with my gut, like Mekkah did.

Oliver joins with staves, and being able to heal, even if you're one of the worst choices, is still better than being one of the worst choices for fighters (technically Pelleas can heal, but this requires a seal, which is in high demand).

Pelleas can at least take a hit. Oliver gets doubled by Generals. I don't see how Oliver > Sigrun or even Kyza. Sigrun has utility for longer than Oliver, utility I don't have to waste a unit slot on a terrible character for.

Answer: No one in particular. You failed the question if you mentioned a specific unit.

Reason: Basically, every fighter worth using will be OHKOing or one rounding with beastfoe. There's nothing special if X unit can OHKO.

A case could easily be made for Nolan, Leonardo, and Volug, and against people like Zihark, Sothe, and Edward.

Answer: Nephenee.

Reason: She has the worst durability of any fighter in part 2 (well, Marcia ties, but Marcia has flying), and doesn't double unless she uses a ridiculously weak weapon (in which case her damage is still terrible anyway). So she's pretty much the bottom of the barrel in both defense and offense. Heather is worse at defense (she takes 1 less hit to kill. Note that her offense is still roughly the same since she can double easily and Neph can't), but she has thief utility.

Wtf is this? I can at least make use of Nephenee for three full chapters. What can I do with characters like Danved and Makalov, who have one chapter to do a bit if we don't care about BEXP and show up too late to do anything later. Calling Nephenee the second worst character in all of part 2 is ludicrous.

Reason: All the CRKs are pretty awful beyond the CRK chapters, but Kieran/Geoffrey are the best in CRK chapters, making them the most useful.

Marcia was a common answer. This is wrong. She loses stats to Kieran/Geoffrey, and she doesn't have many places where she can clearly abuse her flying. She may be better beyond CRK chapters, but she's still one of the worst units to bring along, so that hardly matters.

Ironic, eh? That's laughable. If she's better beyond CRK chapters, that's what really matters according to you. It means that if you compare her to any given unit from 3-11 on, she's going to be winning. A minor lead in 2 previous chapters means others are better than her? And yes, it is minor. She's not much worse than Kieran and Geoffrey in 2-3 and 3-9, possibly better in 3-9. Then you have to consider she's available for 2-P and all of 2-E where she's helping more than them, she flies, etc.

Next time, make a test with answers that aren't debatable or are very difficult to debate.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Fiona.

Astrid.

Lyre.

Meg.

Sanaki

Pelleas

Lethe

Kyza

Renning

Sigrun

I don’t agree with Renning there. Hammer + wyrmslayer access and a short outgoing earth support make him at least somewhat useful, and people underestimate his stats. For instance, 56 hp/ 27 def (30 with VK) allows him to take up a lot of hits, so he can actually make use of his offence, unlike say, Bastian.

You should check out the Reikken vs Mekkah debate (Kieran vs Danved). Danved is clearly better in part 4, you can’t just ignore a huge chunk of the game because both units do poorly there.

She loses stats to Kieran/Geoffrey, and she doesn't have many places where she can clearly abuse her flying.

What about having more playtime in 2-P and 2-E, being able to save villages in 3-9, flying utility in 3-11 and the desert, etc? I don’t think Kieran/Geoffrey winning stats in 2-3 and 3-9 mean much. I mean half the enemies in 2-3 can be ORKOed by steel blade Makalov.

Unfortunately seals are in high demand.

Who, exactly, is going to fight for a seal anyway? Most of your units should be Tier 3 anyway, with small exceptions such as the DB (who are likely hitting Tier 3 by the middle or end of 4-5). Pelleas at least comes pretty good, and another healer is nice to have (only Elincia in 4-2 and 4-5 you get Bastian).

And get lolraped in return. Not to mention we have like 15 other fighters in that chapter. Staff users should just stand back and heal, or use a long-range tome if no one needs healing (which btw doesn't help Pelleas, since you don't actually get any boltings unless you purposely make 3-2 harder so you can steal one).

He comes with two free Fenrir tomes. Don't see Oliver coming with any Purges.

Also, you're taking this a bit out of proportion. You're right that Pelleas isn't doing so hot against these things (with some 4-5 help) he's probably 2RKOed. He's got decent durability (+4 Def upon promotion) and his HP isn't exactly the worst of stats (over 40s at least). You'd almost have to have something like 60-something Atk in order to ORKO him.

He sucks at fighting either way. Are you seriously ever going to have Pelleas attack something?

You're kidding right? At least Pelleas has the better chip damage than lolOliver. He's also got Micaiah, a forced unit, fighting for RexAura in the first place.

Pelleas can at least take a hit. Oliver gets doubled by Generals. I don't see how Oliver > Sigrun or even Kyza. Sigrun has utility for longer than Oliver, utility I don't have to waste a unit slot on a terrible character for.

if they're both spamming physic, what is going to attack them?

Wtf is this? I can at least make use of Nephenee for three full chapters. What can I do with characters like Danved and Makalov, who have one chapter to do a bit if we don't care about BEXP and show up too late to do anything later. Calling Nephenee the second worst character in all of part 2 is ludicrous.

See, the problem with you is that you think availability = unit is better.

Availability doesn't mean shit unless you are actually good in the chapter.

Neph is so bad, she can't even visit houses in 2-1 without worrying about dying. She's 3-4HKO'd by everything (other than joke myrms), so if she spends even one turn not spamming her vulnerary she risks dying.

Also, Mak/Danved can do something in 2-3. They can block a chokepoint and unequip their weapon, since Kieran/Geof are busy charging the boss and using the NPCs as decoys, and Marcia has to watch out for bows. This is literally more useful than anything Neph can do in part 2.

Ironic, eh? That's laughable. If she's better beyond CRK chapters, that's what really matters according to you. It means that if you compare her to any given unit from 3-11 on, she's going to be winning. A minor lead in 2 previous chapters means others are better than her? And yes, it is minor. She's not much worse than Kieran and Geoffrey in 2-3 and 3-9, possibly better in 3-9.

12 Kieran, silver axe, C Geoffrey

36.6 att, 20.3 AS, 132.1 hit, 10.2 crit - - 59.9 avo, 41.75 HP, 18.6 def, 11.25 res, 16.3 critavo

8 Marcia, silver lance (I'd like to know who Marcia could possibly support)

29.9 att, 21.95 AS, 129.9 hit, 9.1 crit - - 57.4 avo, 36.1 HP, 17.05 def, 16.05 res, 13.5 critavo

1x Warrior lvl 9 (Steel Poleax)

HP 41, Atk 37, AS 20, Hit 114, Avo 54, DEF 16, RES 9, Crit 10, Ddg 14

1x Warrior lvl 8 (Steel Axe, *Hand Axe)

HP 40, Atk 33, AS 20, Hit 127, Avo 54, DEF 15, RES 9, Crit 9, Ddg 14

Kieran very likely 2HKOs both of them. The steel poleaxe warrior 3HKOs back, the steel axe one 3HKOs (if it uses a hand axe it's 4HKO).

Marcia 3HKOs both of them. The steel poleaxe 2HKOs, the steel axe 3HKOs, the hand axe 3HKOs.

4x Halberdier lvl 7 (Steel Lance, north one has *Speedwing)

HP 36, Atk 29, AS 19, Hit 130, Avo 50, DEF 18, RES 13, Crit 14, Ddg 12

1x Halberdier lvl 8 (Steel Greatlance)

HP 36, Atk 33, AS 20, Hit 123, Avo 53, DEF 18, RES 13, Crit 15, Ddg 13

1x Halberdier lvl 8 (Javelin)

HP 36, Atk 26, AS 20, Hit 118, Avo 53, DEF 18, RES 13, Crit 15, Ddg 13

1x Halberdier lvl 9 (Short spear, *Steel Lance)

HP 36, Atk 29, AS 20, Hit 108, Avo 53, DEF 19, RES 13, Crit 15, Ddg 13

Kieran 2HKOs them, slightly shy of the level 9 halb. The steel lance/short spear ones 4HKO back. The steel greatlance one 3HKOs. The javelin 6HKOs.

Marcia 3HKOs, slightly shy of the level 9 halb. The steel lance/short spear ones likely 3HKO. The steel greatlance one 3HKOs. The javlein 4HKOs..

1x Swordmaster lvl 7 (Steel Blade)

HP 33, Atk 30, AS 22, Hit 123, Avo 58, DEF 15, RES 10, Crit 21, Ddg 14

1x Swordmaster lvl 7 (Steel Sword)

HP 33, Atk 25, AS 22, Hit 142, Avo 57, DEF 15, RES 10, Crit 21, Ddg 13

1x Swordmaster lvl 8 (Steel Sword)

HP 33, Atk 26, AS 23, Hit 143, Avo 60, DEF 15, RES 11, Crit 21, Ddg 14

1x Swordmaster lvl 7 (Wind Edge)

HP 32, Atk 23, AS 23, Hit 118, Avo 60, DEF 15, RES 11, Crit 21, Ddg 14

Kieran 2HKOs (note that he can potentially 2HKO with a *hand axe*). 30 att 4HKOs, 26 att 6HKOs, 25 att 7HKOs, 23 att 10HKOs.

Marcia 2HKOs. 30 att 3HKOs, 26 att 4HKOs, 25 att 5HKOs, 23 att 7HKOs.

1x Axe General lvl 9 (Steel Axe)

HP 39, Atk 32, AS 17, Hit 130, Avo 49, DEF 24, RES 14, Crit 10, Ddg 15

1x Sword General lvl 8 (Steel Sword)

HP 39, Atk 28, AS 18, Hit 136, Avo 51, DEF 23, RES 13, Crit 9, Ddg 15

Kieran 3-4HKOs. The steel axe one 4HKOs (though after 3 hits he has 1 HP left). The steel sword one 5HKOs.

Marcia 6-7HKOs and doubles. The steel axe 3HKOs and the steel sword 4HKOs.

2x Sniper lvl 7 (Steel Bow)

HP 36, Atk 30, AS 19, Hit 135, Avo 51, DEF 16, RES 11, Crit 20, Ddg 13

Kieran 2HKOs. He gets 4HKO'd back.

Marcia 3HKOs. Without nullify they do 33 damage to her 36 HP. With nullify they 3HKO.

1x Roark lvl 12 (Halberdier boss, Spear, Concoction)

HP 42, Atk 35, AS 23, Hit 116, Avo 54, DEF 22, RES 15, Crit 22, Ddg 8

Kieran 3HKOs and gets 3HKO'd back.

Marcia 6HKOs and gets 2HKO'd back.

I fail to see how Kieran isn't better at fighting. He generally requires 1 less hit to kill and can take an extra hit back.

Plus, because of the way the chapter is built, Marcia can't even leverage her flying without nullify, because there's a sniper at the top ledge waiting for her. And with skills involved, I could, say, give Kieran the adept or one of the two paragons.

And I could do 2-3 as well, if you really want me to, but it seems you're not that knowledgeable about the whole issue in the first place, so I'll only continue if you want to push it.

Then you have to consider she's available for 2-P and all of 2-E where she's helping more than them, she flies, etc.

2-P is a joke chapter, because no matter what you do the chapter is 8 turns long, and if you want the short axe you HAVE to use Haar. And if you wait for Haar you may as well let him solo the map. 2-P only gives her exp, not any sort of usefulness in beating the game.

2-E, she's still retarded. Yes, Marcia can hit once for shitty damage because she can't double and her str is lolcrap, and then lose a third of her HP. So she attacks twice every three turns (she has to use a vulnerary) 3 or 4 rounding enemies or something retardedly useless, or Elincia wastes her turn healing her. So immensely useful, huh? At least when Kieran appears he can kinda help finish the push towards Ludveck, since his damage isn't laughably bad.

I don’t agree with Renning there. Hammer + wyrmslayer access and a short outgoing earth support make him at least somewhat useful, and people underestimate his stats. For instance, 56 hp/ 27 def (30 with VK) allows him to take up a lot of hits, so he can actually make use of his offence, unlike say, Bastian.

Bastian can use staves, which is more useful than Renning being a lame fighter in 4-E.

Hammer doesn't matter, because every axe user wants hammer. Wyrmslayer is a bit better, but remember that I can simply bless a siege tome for Bastian and have him fire away, and even while he would do less damage, he's not taking any in return.

You should check out the Reikken vs Mekkah debate (Kieran vs Danved). Danved is clearly better in part 4, you can’t just ignore a huge chunk of the game because both units do poorly there.

It seems to me that they were debating NM. There's no way Danved can leverage his only real lead on Kieran (AS) because he still can't double. At no point should Danved be faster than Oscar (other than after Oscar is sitting at his 32 cap), and we all know Oscar has some issues doubling.

Not to mention he was using seriously inflated levels. Seriously. Only a 22 spd halberdier when Danved is third tier?

This is debating tiers and usefulness of units, so we have to be realistic. It was Mekkah's fault for not pointing out Reikken using inflated levels. It doesn't necessarily make Danved better.

Of course you can just say "but with extra favoritism Danved can double", but really, what's the point? I can have Kieran be useful for the CRK chapters and then drop him for the rest of the game and so he's not hindering me anymore, or I can have Danved suckingmassively all the way until he can actually double at which point he just becomes below average, because even if he manages to double, his str and def are still crappy (his def is like marginally better than Edward, if at all, and his str is like worse than Oscar's), so Danved is still hindering me, just slightly less than if I used Kieran (who I just dropped).

What about having more playtime in 2-P and 2-E, being able to save villages in 3-9, flying utility in 3-11 and the desert, etc? I don’t think Kieran/Geoffrey winning stats in 2-3 and 3-9 mean much. I mean half the enemies in 2-3 can be ORKOed by steel blade Makalov.

2-3 is all about surviving masses of enemies, as well as killing off critical enemies (for example, the crossbow warrior, or the halb with the speedwing). Kieran/Geof's HP/def leads can go a long way when you're facing hoards of joke enemies.

See, the difference between Kieran/Geof and Marcia/Danved/whatever is that I can use either of them for a couple of chapters, milk out all the usefulness they have, and then drop them when the teams merge. To milk Marcia's leads where she's beating them beyond those chapters, I have to use her when I have tons of other units who are clearly better than her.

Think about it this way. We have Aran vs Edward. It's pretty clear that Aran wins part 1 and 3. Now we get to part 4 where Edward most likely wins. Does it matter? Edward is still pretty crummy (he doubles everything, but his att is fairly low and he's like 3-4HKO'd with mediocre avoid). It's clear that Aran's leads in part 1 and 3 matter a lot more than Edward's.

Of course, the gaps between Kieran/Geof and the rest of the CRKs isn't as large as Aran vs Edward, but the point remains the same.

Who, exactly, is going to fight for a seal anyway?

All your GMs, since all of the seals the GMs get are around by 3-11, and this could make them promote earlier. (There's a seal in 4-P as hidden treasure, but I don't ever remember being able to pick it up. It may be like the seal in 3-5, japanese version only, plus Pelleas won't be able to use it until they put it in the convo anyway).

And of course as you said the DB really want seals, especially Jill who wants one so she can start doubling (25 spd cap kills her otherwise).

He comes with two free Fenrir tomes. Don't see Oliver coming with any Purges.

Oliver can park himself next to Micaiah, and since this is 4-E-3 we're talking about, they can just trade the purges and never have it break on them.

Also, you're taking this a bit out of proportion. You're right that Pelleas isn't doing so hot against these things (with some 4-5 help) he's probably 2RKOed. He's got decent durability (+4 Def upon promotion) and his HP isn't exactly the worst of stats (over 40s at least). You'd almost have to have something like 60-something Atk in order to ORKO him.

Durability doesn't matter because they're in the back spamming physics.

Unless you're stupid and throw Pelleas anywhere near the frontlines for no reason at all just so he can be suckingmassively at fighting when you should be leaving the fighting to people who are better at it than him (i.e. everyone else).

You're kidding right? At least Pelleas has the better chip damage than lolOliver. He's also got Micaiah, a forced unit, fighting for RexAura in the first place.

It doesn't matter. While your Pelleas can do shitty damage and possibly put himself in danger and get in the way, Oliver will just sit back and spam physics and actualyl make himself somewhat useful.

My Pelleas "killed" Sephiran despite only having 60% accuracy, so he can't be all that bad... :rolleyes:

So as far as I'm concerned, he's the second best mage in the game (after Soren).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I thought you were looking for Nephenee for Question 6, but it is not the right answer.

You're underrating Nephenee's 2-1 performance. Since we're forced to low man, Brom is the only other character that we're using(Heather is worse at combat that Nephenee). Brom soloing the chapter is very inefficient. In addtion to taking about twice as long, there's a great chance to Brom soloing the map will lead to losing out on Heather and several items from the houses(since bandits appear). You are rtight that you have to do something with your availability to make use of it, but Nephenee is obviously a useful character on 2-1 because she's essentially half the PC's. She also isn't that horrible in combat, especially since she can reliably double with the Stl Greatlance with transfers, but you fail to realize that transfers exist. She's a positive here because she helps complete the chapter more efficiently. I'm not even going to get into he 2-2 ans 2-E performances, although she could probably outclass Lethe/Danved/Makalov with these alone anyway.

The same idea pretty much applies to the next question, although it's not as stupid. You're failing to give credit for Edward's early Part 1 chapters where you're forced to low man, so he's a positive(he's also one of your more durable units actually), this makes up for Stefan having a mediocre Endgame that a trained Edward does better in anyway. Edward is basically essential in 1-P, very useful in 1-1(it's a time limit and Nolan/Micaiah don't kill fast enough), same story in 1-2 since early on you have to kill all the enemies in Laura's range. Edward's still one of your better units in 1-3 and 1-4(better than Aran in 1-4 lolz).

Edited by -Cynthia-

if they're both spamming physic, what is going to attack them?

Or, you know, Pelleas can be useful in another way and fight something, since I can at least make his offense decent, unlike Oliver.

See, the problem with you is that you think availability = unit is better.

Availability doesn't mean shit unless you are actually good in the chapter.

Neph is so bad, she can't even visit houses in 2-1 without worrying about dying. She's 3-4HKO'd by everything (other than joke myrms), so if she spends even one turn not spamming her vulnerary she risks dying.

Wtf? I have Nephenee visit the southern villages every fucking time I run through this game. If she's 3-4HKOd and there are only about 3 enemies down there, one of whom doesn't move, I don't see the problem. And if joke Myrms are part of the equation, you need to re-check your "this unit is sucking" meter, because it's way off.

And then she can rain Javelins in 2-2 and 2-E or use a Steel Lance, which is worlds better than your joke paragraph about Mak and Danved blocking chokepoints unequipped.

Plus, because of the way the chapter is built, Marcia can't even leverage her flying without nullify, because there's a sniper at the top ledge waiting for her. And with skills involved, I could, say, give Kieran the adept or one of the two paragons.

Wrong. There are like, 2 enemies up there other than the Sniper. I can take them out, have her take the Sniper attack, kill him and heal if she didn't dodge, and she continues.

And I could do 2-3 as well, if you really want me to, but it seems you're not that knowledgeable about the whole issue in the first place, so I'll only continue if you want to push it.

I'm not knowledgeable yet you continue to sandbag Nephenee. I might have been wrong about 3-9 (though the win still isn't huge), but 2-3 is more of a joke chapter, and I have looked into that one to see that Marcia's performance is perfectly fine, though it got lost in the time warp.

2-P is a joke chapter, because no matter what you do the chapter is 8 turns long, and if you want the short axe you HAVE to use Haar. And if you wait for Haar you may as well let him solo the map. 2-P only gives her exp, not any sort of usefulness in beating the game.

Existing there and being good is better than not, no matter how much you downplay it. If anything at all, she can just keep Leanne from getting captured until Haar shows and she's made herself more useful than someone who doesn't exist.

2-E, she's still retarded. Yes, Marcia can hit once for shitty damage because she can't double and her str is lolcrap, and then lose a third of her HP. So she attacks twice every three turns (she has to use a vulnerary) 3 or 4 rounding enemies or something retardedly useless, or Elincia wastes her turn healing her. So immensely useful, huh? At least when Kieran appears he can kinda help finish the push towards Ludveck, since his damage isn't laughably bad.

The Archers down the ledge near Ludveck are perfect for her to pick off. She can drop down and damage them, and either get Leanne's Vigoring or wait for the next turn and kill again, and since she has Canto this is easily possible, and she'll never need a Vulnerary because no one can hit up the ledge. This is more useful than anything Kieran or Geoffrey can do, if we don't just finish the chapter before they even show up.

2-3 is all about surviving masses of enemies, as well as killing off critical enemies (for example, the crossbow warrior, or the halb with the speedwing). Kieran/Geof's HP/def leads can go a long way when you're facing hoards of joke enemies.

And a Horseslayer enemy, and lots of trees and ledges to fly over.

See, the difference between Kieran/Geof and Marcia/Danved/whatever is that I can use either of them for a couple of chapters, milk out all the usefulness they have, and then drop them when the teams merge. To milk Marcia's leads where she's beating them beyond those chapters, I have to use her when I have tons of other units who are clearly better than her.

Your own damn question said "Considering performance over the entire game." Last I checked, 3-11 and on is part of the entire game.

And Marcia's usefulness in 2-P and 2-E combined with Kieran and Geoff barely beating her in 2-3 and 3-9 already makes her better.

Durable > not durable. If I don't need healing on any given turn, I'd rather take the unit that can make him/herself useful in some other way.

All your GMs, since all of the seals the GMs get are around by 3-11, and this could make them promote earlier. (There's a seal in 4-P as hidden treasure, but I don't ever remember being able to pick it up. It may be like the seal in 3-5, japanese version only, plus Pelleas won't be able to use it until they put it in the convo anyway).

Unless it's the Satori sign I'm thinking of, you get a free one in 4-2.

Even so, you shouldn't be using all the GM's. Gatrie, Ike, Titania, Shinon, and Haar would be the only ones I would seriously consider here. Oscar, Mia, Nephenee, etc. could as well, but you shouldn't be spamming a whole lot of these characters anyway. Mist gets her own promotion item so that isn't an issue.

And of course as you said the DB really want seals, especially Jill who wants one so she can start doubling (25 spd cap kills her otherwise).

Actually the DB can simply use the Laguz-rich 4-5. Even Pelleas can do this. His durability isn't great, but he's gaining quite a bit of CEXP anyway.

Oliver can park himself next to Micaiah, and since this is 4-E-3 we're talking about, they can just trade the purges and never have it break on them.

There's a grand total of ONE! Purge, which is given to Micaiah in 3-13. When she's parked above all the fighting. I'm pretty sure she could use a little extra CEXP and chipping isn't out of the question. Unless you're seriously suggesting to bless this stupid thing.

Unless you're stupid and throw Pelleas anywhere near the frontlines for no reason at all just so he can be suckingmassively at fighting when you should be leaving the fighting to people who are better at it than him (i.e. everyone else).

He hits 1-2 range anyhow. Only real time he should face counterattacks are some Generals (which won't ORKO him in the first place) and Dragons (again).

It doesn't matter. While your Pelleas can do shitty damage and possibly put himself in danger and get in the way, Oliver will just sit back and spam physics and actualyl make himself somewhat useful.

Good thing Pelleas can do both then. Unless you're suggesting that Pelleas is dying in one round, which is bullshit.

My Pelleas "killed" Sephiran despite only having 60% accuracy, so he can't be all that bad... rolleyes.gif

So as far as I'm concerned, he's the second best mage in the game (after Soren).

There's no indication that you didn't baby the hell out of him and/or had him RNG blessed, so this doesn't prove anything.

I thought you were looking for Nephenee for Question 6, but it is not the right answer.

You're underrating Nephenee's 2-1 performance. Since we're forced to low man, Brom is the only other character that we're using(Heather is worse at combat that Nephenee). Brom soloing the chapter is very inefficient. In addtion to taking about twice as long, there's a great chance to Brom soloing the map will lead to losing out on Heather and several items from the houses(since bandits appear). You are rtight that you have to do something with your availability to make use of it, but Nephenee is obviously a useful character on 2-1 because she's essentially half the PC's.

Did you just ignore what I said?

I'll repeat myself anyway. Neph has issues even visiting houses. She gets 3-4HKO'd, which means unless she's spamming vulneraries every turn she's likely going to die on you, since there are no chokepoints for Brom to clog up and protect her from enemy attacks.

The problem here is that Neph is automatically forced into the chapter, and she can't even just hide in a corner because right on turn 1 she's going to get attacked (so unlike, say, 1-1 where you could just have X unit hide in a corner and do nothing).

the houses don't have very useful stuff anyway. Maybe the steel axe for Brom so he can use something other than loliron, and some stuff you can sell for gold, but if it's only a few houses, Brom can just visit the house himself.

She also isn't that horrible in combat, especially since she can reliably double with the Stl Greatlance with transfers, but you fail to realize that transfers exist.

I already explained why transfers are retarded in the tier topic, and considering all I got from you was "no ur rong", you're just talking out of your ass.

So, without transfers, she has less att than Brom with the steel axe, and probably even loses hit. Nevermind that her offense isn't the big issue here, but the fact that she can't do much anything without spamming heals.

She's a positive here because she helps complete the chapter more efficiently.

No, it's more like "Neph can't even visit houses without worrying about dying unless you waste several of Brom's turns killing off her attackers".

I'm not even going to get into he 2-2 ans 2-E performances,

Oh please do. I'd like to hear how you can defend "I'm the shittiest fighter on the team in 2-2 AND 2-E" and prove that she's more useful than Mak/Danved sitting at chokepoints in 2-E and stopping Kieran/Geoffrey from getting overwhelmed so we can actually beat the chapter in a timely matter and get BEXP.

The same idea pretty much applies to the next question, although it's not as stupid. You're failing to give credit for his early Part 1 chapters where you're forced to low man, so he's a positive(he's also one of your more durable units actually),
Edward is basically essential in 1-P, very useful in 1-1(it's a time limit and Nolan/Micaiah don't kill fast enough), same story in 1-2 since early on you have to kill all the enemies in Laura's range. Edward's still one of your better units in 1-3 and 1-4(better than Aran in 1-4 lolz).

The problem is 1-P is the only chapter he's actually somewhat useful in. And it's a very short chapter.

1-1 is just one long chokepoint, so Nolan can pretty much do all the tanking you need.

In 1-2 you don't even need to kill all the enemies, since all you need to do is get Laura to the arrive square.

In 1-3 and 1-4 he's pretty much the worst unit on the team (other than lolmeg), since Nolan/Aran aren't getting 2HKO'd by the entire map, Micaiah/Ilyana/Leo can potshot and not take counters, Laura heals, Sothe godmodes.

Yes, so useful, mirite

this makes up for Stefan having a mediocre Endgame that a trained Edward does better in anyway.

20/20/4 Edward

46.55 HP, 27.8 str, 33.95 skl, 33.8 spd, 27 lck, 21.3 def, 13.6 res

20/20/8 Stefan

53 HP, 27 str, 37 skl, 36 spd, 20 lck, 21 def, 16 res

Edward has 7 lck by Stefan has 2 spd/6-7 HP, so durability is roughly tied.

Edward has lol1 str.

The only lead Edward is getting is whatever he gets from supports.

So after I endure Edward's massivesuck in the DB chapters (note that while he's "good" in 1-P, he starts sucking so badly that if you try to bother to use him beyond that his suck easily overrides his early "usefulness"), I get a unit that's only marginally better than Stefan, if at all.

And unfortunately Edward doesn't get much of a stat lead even beyond this. Their str/spd/def growths are roughly similar, and Edward has more HP and lolluck, and Stefan's res actually matters within a few chapters.

Or, you know, Pelleas can be useful in another way and fight something, since I can at least make his offense decent, unlike Oliver.

Because the amount of resources required to actually make Pelleas more useful at fighting than spamming staves is negligible, mirite

oh wait, nvm, because it's fucking retarded to even think that Pelleas would rather attack something and then run the risk of dying rather than just stay in the back and spam physics.

Wtf? I have Nephenee visit the southern villages every fucking time I run through this game. If she's 3-4HKOd and there are only about 3 enemies down there, one of whom doesn't move, I don't see the problem. And if joke Myrms are part of the equation, you need to re-check your "this unit is sucking" meter, because it's way off.

The only reason why she can visit the southern villages is that Heather is around to divert an attack or two, so the two of them can alternate visiting houses. Neph basically can't visit any of the northern houses on her own because of some steel bow archer hanging around with like 30 att or whatever, in addition to the other enemies around.

And then she can rain Javelins in 2-2 and 2-E or use a Steel Lance, which is worlds better than your joke paragraph about Mak and Danved blocking chokepoints unequipped.

In 2-2 Neph is your worst fighter, so if she actually ever tries to attack something she just gets in the way.

And for 2-E, I indirectly explained why raining crap over a ledge doesn't do shit for you, in your ranking topic when I was proving that Calill sucks dick.

You can simply replace "Calill" with "Neph", replace "2HKO'd" to "3HKO'd", and consider that Neph does like half as much damage as Calill is doing, and you'll get Neph's 2-E in a nutshell.

On the other hand, how much exp is Calill getting? She gets 2HKO'd in 2-E so she can't wall, which basically means all she does is park on a ledge and fire from above. However, she doesn't double, and even with the height advantage she has issues 2HKOing halbs. She *can* 2HKO warriors/snipers/swordmasters, but she has to watch out for those with crossbows (or the snipers in general who have lots of hit), because they have like 50 hit on her even WITH the height difference, and crossbows 2HKO her. Even bowguns do 13 damage to her with 50+ hit.

In addition, she's not really helping anyone by firing over the ledge on the west side (there's not a whole lot she can attack anywhere else with ledge advantage). All that's really there is the nullify general, which isn't that hard to get (just throw hand axes above it). To really help out with the chapter, you have to...

1) Help get items (be they hidden, or steal them, or kill the enemy that drops it).

2) Help the push towards Ludveck (where all the generals are) so you can reach ludveck easier, plus get more items.

3) Plug the west stairs.

Calill can't do #3, and if she just stays at the west ledge and fire at the enemies coming up the stairs she's not doing anything to help #1 (she's actually hurting us if she tries to attack the crossbow enemies, since they 2HKO her with 50 hit, meaning she has a chance to die and she's not even helping us beat the chapter in the process). If she does #2, this limits the amount of attacks she can get, since now she can't get height advantage, plus she has issues 2HKOing generals.

Wrong. There are like, 2 enemies up there other than the Sniper. I can take them out, have her take the Sniper attack, kill him and heal if she didn't dodge, and she continues.

Take them out with what? Danved/Calill? That's like half your team accompanying Marcia.

Plus, it's laughable that Marcia can "kill" the sniper in any timely fashion (or anything up there for that matter), since I proved that Marcia is like 3HKOing and not doubling.

Existing there and being good is better than not, no matter how much you downplay it. If anything at all, she can just keep Leanne from getting captured until Haar shows and she's made herself more useful than someone who doesn't exist.

You mean stuff that Elincia and Nealuchi could do on their own? FFS, Nealuchi could fucking rescue Leanne and still be more durable than Marcia.

The Archers down the ledge near Ludveck are perfect for her to pick off. She can drop down and damage them, and either get Leanne's Vigoring or wait for the next turn and kill again, and since she has Canto this is easily possible, and she'll never need a Vulnerary because no one can hit up the ledge. This is more useful than anything Kieran or Geoffrey can do, if we don't just finish the chapter before they even show up.

You mean the guys she needs 3 turns to kill off, so she can kill like two of them before the CRKs come (which are enemies that Elincia can just one round on her own), who can actually help finish the push towards Ludveck (something Marcia is horrible at doing because it's mostly all generals)?

And a Horseslayer enemy, and lots of trees and ledges to fly over.

There's a crossbow enemy, and it's about 500000000000 times more dangerous to Marcia than the horseslayer is to Kieran/Geof, since the horseslayer can't OHKO them, plus they can attack the horseslayer enemy at 2-range.

And I laugh at "trees" and "ledges".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/Vin...FE10/map-15.jpg

This is a map of 2-3 on the site.

What fucking trees or ledges are in the way to the boss? It's a straight path.

Oh wait, there's a fence that sticks out one tile.

CLEARLY MARCIA'S FLYING MAKES HER UBER IN THSI CHAPTER

Come back when you don't have a joke of an argument.

Your own damn question said "Considering performance over the entire game." Last I checked, 3-11 and on is part of the entire game.

Except she's lolcrap anyway. If you use her beyond 3-9, she's actually HURTING the team because of how much she sucks dick.

Oh no 3-11s. Oh wait we can only field 8 more units after Ike/Ranulf/Sigrun/Tanith (note the last two, who can also plug up holes). I have Haar/Titania/Gatrie/Shinon/Oscar/Mia/Ulki/Janaff/Mordy already, and even Soren/Boyd/Neph/Brom are okay. Why would I want to field a THIRD peg just so I can have like a 5th guy to block up holes when I could field a fighter, which is actually important for this chapter because it's pretty big with the highest level enemies the GMs will face in part 3, or even Heather if I want to steal anything?

By trying to use Marcia in 3-11 instead of any other combat unit, I just have an excess of units to block up holes and now I have one less competent fighter.

How the FUCK is this any better than simply not using Kieran, and instead using the open unit slot for pretty much any other fighter I could use?

Durable > not durable. If I don't need healing on any given turn, I'd rather take the unit that can make him/herself useful in some other way.

So Pelleas doing like 15 damage a hit and not doubling and getting 2HKO'd in return with shitty avoid will somehow actually help you when you should be fielding your best fighters at this point who don't need this lol15 damage to kill (or if they do need help this 15 damage isn't going to do shit anyway)?

Healing even a MINOR injury is better than doing lolcrap damage.

Unless it's the Satori sign I'm thinking of, you get a free one in 4-2

Not according to this.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/location.html

Even so, you shouldn't be using all the GM's. Gatrie, Ike, Titania, Shinon, and Haar would be the only ones I would seriously consider here. Oscar, Mia, Nephenee, etc. could as well, but you shouldn't be spamming a whole lot of these characters anyway. Mist gets her own promotion item so that isn't an issue.

There are only 5 crowns total anyway (and maybe one in 4-P that I believe we don't get, since it might be like the 3-5 crown where it's only available in the japanese version, so I'm going to disregard it), from both DB/CRKs/GMs get.

Are you seriously telling me that of the 4 or so DB or whatever we're using, PLUS anyone from the GMs, we will actually have a crown that is completely free and won't hurt anyone on the team if we wait until 4-2 so we can give it to Pelleas?

Actually the DB can simply use the Laguz-rich 4-5. Even Pelleas can do this. His durability isn't great, but he's gaining quite a bit of CEXP anyway.

Or a DB unit could use a crown to promote earlier and not be sucking dick.

There's a grand total of ONE! Purge, which is given to Micaiah in 3-13. When she's parked above all the fighting. I'm pretty sure she could use a little extra CEXP and chipping isn't out of the question. Unless you're seriously suggesting to bless this stupid thing.

Micaiah is definitely going to save a purge use so she can do something in 4-E-3 if she wants to attack something, since you only need 1 use on the weapon to bless it. What's she going to bless besides it?

He hits 1-2 range anyhow. Only real time he should face counterattacks are some Generals (which won't ORKO him in the first place) and Dragons (again).

Except for Pelleas to not die on me if I send him to the frontlines so he can do his shitty 15 damage or whatever terrible number, I have to actually put other units in front of him when at this point in the game they have better things to do than to CONTINUE babying someone when they should just get the fuck out of there and stand in the back and use physics.

Good thing Pelleas can do both then. Unless you're suggesting that Pelleas is dying in one round, which is bullshit.

Good thing Oliver didn't need a crown which would otherwise deprive another team member of free levels.

And he even has a bit more mag, plus higher staff rank.

Edited by smash fanatic