Fire Emblem: Sun God's challenge

Blademaster!

THIS IS AN FE8 (Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones) Hack/Mod/"insert word of your preference here"

Newest Demo found here: (removed per TC's request)

Old Demos:

Demo can be found here: (removed per TC's request)

Old Background info:

Yeah, so I'm currently working on a Three part story Fire Emblem hack. The first two parts were completed in Fire Emblem Corrupt Theocracy, which was a combination of a Blender and Chocolate hack by Markyjoe1990's definitions (I'm not 100% sure which it falls under, as the hack contains elements of both categories). For those interested in this hack, see the Serenes Forest topic here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24634&st=0 . In the mean time, here is the download link for the patch anyway, but I suggest you read the Serenes Forest topic anyway: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0jn9hj .

Well, parts one and two of the trilogy are finished. All that leaves is part three. Unlike parts one and two, Part Three will be a Vanilla hack by Markyjoe1990's definition. Although it is my intention to make this hack be a Vanilla hack, there will be 3 (possible 4 maps if I can learn how to import tile sets/maps from other FE's) reused maps from old FE's, 1 1/2 maps used from CT(since these maps take place in the same area Geographically), and some reused mugs (mostly civilian/generic mugs) to keep in continuity for certain characters from Corrupt Theocracy, as these specific characters age very slowly. I will still try and perform edits too these mugs (not civilians though), but they will have the same faces for the most part (Think Rebecca's mug in Arch's Elibie Knights hack). Unlike my previous hack, I will work to the best of my ability to ensure part 3 is at least a decent hack that provides a new experience for the player.

So, this hack is called Fire Emblem: The Sun God's Challenge. It is an FE8 hack that is looking to be about 32 chapters long, including the intro and conclusion, along with 5 gaiden chapters.

The Story:

Fire Emblem: The Sun God's Challenge is obviously the sequel to CT (Corrupt Theocracy). It takes place 30 years later, and follows an entirely new cast of characters, though characters from the previous game play minor roles in this hack. Obviously the descendants of characters from the previous story appear here as well. And the enemy this time around? A mix of old allies and new enemies.

The overall story is as follows, but it has been spoiled because it contains spoilers from CT:

That day thirty years ago ended in celebration, as a new era of peace was thought to be on the horizon. That was, until the plague appeared. The plague was deadly, and affected all species of animals, Humans and Nomadic Horses in particular. The elderly were especially effected, and anyone who caught the disease while over the age of about 40 was guaranteed to die. Many wondered what caused this disease to appear, and why no one, not even the people of Dragon, were immune to it. 20 Years after that day though, the people of the land finally learned what had happened. After a mysterious Island collided into the continent, the spreader of the disease had finally made his appearance known to the land: King Zypher, King of Reuss, and leader of the Earth Clan. Zypher used the immense power at his disposal to create the disease in an attempt to wipe out inferior life on earth. After 20 years, Zypher believed that only those who would be worthy enough to potentially hold the title of "Strong" were left, and to prove that he was in control of such strong warriors, he declared war on the rest of the known world in an attempt to spread his ideals. Zypher quickly took over most of the known world, and formed the Holy Republic (land made up of all of Reuss and Holy). He also took over vast majorities of Cyra, Ryu, and Merv. But Zypher's quest for power did not stop there. Somehow obtaining access to lost technology of old, Zypher began to create robotic skeletons that were capable of exerting greater physical capabilities than humans, but lacked in intelligence. Along with these robots, he also started to domesticate the odd creatures that lived in the new Island that crashed into the land. He also created a game to find warriors he deemed powerful: The Dance of Death, where 50 combatants of all types enter, fight against each other, the machines, and the creatures, only to have one come out alive...

And how is the remainder of the known world dealing with this turmoil? In Cyra, only the main temple remained in control of Cyra's government (due to a constant barrage of deadly sandstorms making passage impossible). In Ryu, only the village of Dologany remained under the control of the country, with the best soldiers constantly on guard. Sadly, Dologany will still fall soon it seems. In Merv though, most of the land still belongs to the people thanks to a hidden ruling faction in Merv known as "Propater." This group had been the secret protectors of Merv since it's founding, and is the only reason Merv has yet to fall to the Holy Republic. Along with the last of the nomad clans (Which have all pooled together to form the group Nomad), these two groups battle against the Holy Republic in a seemingly futile war...

Screen shots (Note: No text has been done yet besides descriptions and names. That's why there are no text screen shots and why chapter goals haven't been changed much)

29999487.png10723236.png95046589.png

42662272.png65282849.png89073141.png

26199876.png86026493.png14763722.png

"New" classes

newclasses.png

Fencer: The Class used by the main Lord Astrea. Promotes into a Female Trueblade class.

Master Knight(S): A mounted promoted class that uses swords. Naturally has a Move again and Crit+20

Lancer: A promoted class that uses Lances and Bows.

Master Knight(L): A mounted promoted class that uses Lances. Naturally has Move again and Crit+20

MK-I: An enemy only class that uses Lances.

MK-II: An enemy only class that uses lances, axes, and swords. Naturally has Pavise.

Phobos: An enemy only class that uses lances, axes, and Swords. naturally has move again, pavise, and Crit+20

Alchemist: A class that can use all forms of magic.

God: A class that varies depending on the character.

Chief Bandit: The promoted version of a bandit. Can walk over mountain Tiles. Naturally has Crit+20.

Gladiator: A promoted Ravager. Can use Axes and Swords.

Ravager: Can use axes.

Spell Fencer: Can use swords.

Spell Blade: Can use swords and bows. Promoted Spell Fencer.

True Blade(M): Similar to a swordmaster.

Vanguard: Lord class of the other Lord in the Hack Daedalus.

Relationship Charts:

propater.png

List of skills:

skillsah.png

Skill descriptions are enclosed in the following spoiler:

All skills work exactly like they did in FE8 except Vantage, Adept, and Astra which did not exist.

Steal: Allows unit to steal items.

Thief Key: Allows use of lockpicks.

Crit+20: Grants a critical bonus of +20

Lethality: Deal OHKO's occasionally.

Summoning: Allows a unit to summon a phantom soldier.

Astra: Attack 5 times in a row. Activation rate: Astra=Skl/2+ASpd/2

Vantage: Cancel out an enemy's first attack. Activation rate: Skill/2+Avoid-(Enemy Skill+Avoid)

Adept: Attack 2 times in a row. Activation rate: Skill/2+Avoid-(Enemy Skill+Avoid)

Pick: Open Doors and Chests without an Item

Paragon: Gain more EXP. in battle.

Unlock Emblem: This character can use Emblem weapons.

Move Again: Allows the character to move again after performing certain actions.

Unlock Rapier/Solar Edge: Allows this character to use the Rapier and Solar Edge

Unlock Wo Dao: This unit can use the Wo Dao weapon

Unstoppable: All terrain cost is 1.

Luna: Pierce opponent defenses.

Pavise: Take no damage.

SureShot: Always hit the opponent (NOTE: I have yet to test if this works with weapons other than bows)

Slayer: Weapons become effective against monster enemies.

Nullify: Remove weapon effectiveness.

FAQ:

Q1. Do I need to have played your CT hack to play this one?

A: Not for the main story, but yes for any easter eggs. For Example, the Yang in the above screen shot is the same Yang from CT.

Q2. Since this is an FE8 hack, will the world map be used?

A: Yes and no. The world map is need at this moment in time for some events to work. I am planning for it to only exist for chapters 2-4 and 6-9. Afterwords, if everything goes as planned, there will be no more world map.

Q3. Does that mean there won't be a creature campaign?

A: I am not sure yet, but the likely answer is it will still exist in the game after you beat it, but I don't plan on doing anything with it and if it glitches up or whatever, I won't care.

Q4: You can't get a units Crit bonus to be 20 and those skills don't exist!

A: I am only mentioning this because someone brought it up. The answer is yes you can, and I have done so using my own creative thinking and Xelds/Hextator/Obviam's patch.

Credits:

Hextator and all those involved with the creation of FEditor Adv.

Hextator for his Skill patch and the FE8 Eirika beta animation

Zahlman for his Song Editor and his tracking down audio tutorial

Nintenlord for his event assembler, Move Again Patch, and No Easy Mode patch

Arch for his tutorial on Event hacking and Map sprite importing

Blazer for his Ulitimate Tutorial

FlyingAce24 for his weapon Icon insertion tutorial

FurryYunSeong for his Data Array expansion and relocation tutorial.

Nayr for his mug sheet collections

Serenes Forest for the icons seen in the skill image and character sheets

shadowofchaos (fixes), Intelligent Systems, bonestorm (fixes), Lawliet (fixes) for the King animation

Sploder for his Female Pirate animation

All those involved with Nightmare, Sappy, and TileLayerPro

Team for SGC

Story

-Blademaster

Mugs

-Blademaster

-Dr. Sholes

-Nayr

-Blackavar (Nayr said that he/she worked on one of the mugs he lent me and asked that I credit him/her too, which is completely fair)

-Strawman the DucksawDucky (serenes forest nickname)

Events

-Blademaster

Maps

-Blademaster

-AuraWolf(Shrine of seals nickname)

-Anouleth(Serenes Forest nickname)

Play Testers

-Blademaster

-Xiltas(Serenes Forest nickname)

-Hithere1

Currently Recruiting the following (All of this is optional but helps):

High priority:

Graphic Editors:

-FE8 uses graphics to store Chapter names, and as you will see, my chapter names are very ugly. If someone who has more experience using GBAGE can help me with make better looking chapter names, that would help.

Medium Priority:

Grammar checkers-

Requirements: You must know grammar. That's it.

Low Priority:

Mug makers (All mugs for the first patch and maybe the second are done)-

Requirements: Just be able to make mugs around as good as mine. Like with maps, I won't be very picky, just make sure your mugs look around as good as mine.

So yeah. This hack is still in it's early stages, and only has the overall story planned out. But overtime, it will hopefully grow into something more interesting. Thanks for reading!

Edited by eclipse
Link removal

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't listed balance.

Willing to try it for balance.

I did list balance. It's part of what being a play tester is. Can you read Nintenlord's event assembler code?

I could make maps... but probably not in the coming weeks due to exams.

I am in no rush to get maps since I have all the ones needed for the first patch done. If you would like to help make maps though, I would like to see an example or two of what you have done in the past.

I did list balance. It's part of what being a play tester is. Can you read Nintenlord's event assembler code?

Give me a quick lesson or something to read about how to read it and I'll be good. I'm a quick learner.

I am in no rush to get maps since I have all the ones needed for the first patch done. If you would like to help make maps though, I would like to see an example or two of what you have done in the past.

tower2scrn.png

villagescrn-1.png

volcanoscrn.png

SE2scrn-2.png

There is one thing I don't understand quite yet. On SoS, you said that characters would be able to get skills even if they didn't start with it. I might have read it wrong, but if this is true then how will this be done?

I don't think I said anything like that really, assuming you are referring to something like a skill scroll system.

The closest thing I can do to something like that though is make it so that when a character promotes, they gain a new skill like how Myrmidon's get a crit bonus when becoming a swordmaster.

I don't think I said anything like that really, assuming you are referring to something like a skill scroll system.

The closest thing I can do to something like that though is make it so that when a character promotes, they gain a new skill like how Myrmidon's get a crit bonus when becoming a swordmaster.

Oh ok, then I must of read it wrong. Thanks for the clear up.

40143936.pngscene3k.pngscene2.png

scene1e.pngmapscene.pngchapterchoice.png

battlescene3.pngbattlescene2.pngbattlescene1.png

Yeah... A patch will be out soon. For now, here are some screen shots general game play changes:

1. Although no promotions take place during the DEMO, all promotions are now made using one item that has unlimited uses. Essentially, promotions are kind of like how they were in FE4.

2. Weapon effectiveness has been fairly altered. Fire magic is good against armored units. Thunder and Ice magic is good against dragons. Poison weapons (except the poison bow) are good against mages. There are some other effectiveness changes as well, but no other major ones.

3. Weapons are more similar to their FE10 counterparts.

4. A skill system has been added in obviously.

5. Certain characters do not have supports. To make up for this though, these characters have slightly better stats.

6. The world map only exists for a couple of chapters. Don't get used to having it.

7. I don't know how skirmishes will work yet, but I don't think they are going to. They will only exist for as long as the world map exists (I think. Haven't tested it yet.)

8. All "world map events" don't have any real text, so you can skip them. The same goes for the general introduction that occurs when you start a game.

9. Easy mode DOES NOT WORK! Don't play it!

10. Arena's do not exist in this hack.

The First DEMO Patch has now been released! Please report all glitches you find besides the ones listed in the README!

That said, please read the README! If you have a problem with something found in it, I will laugh at you!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ivgcow

Also, I have updated the list of things I am currently recruiting help for!

Enjoy! The DEMO is only the prologue to chapter 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished all the mugs I need for the next patch, so I've started working on events (I still have to make 2 maps I think). So here are some small screens since I haven't started the text yet...

19413367.png

A gathering of villains! That isn't a dragon btw...

41191835.png

And of course when so many villains gather together, they don't get along very well...

40460384.png29473564.png

Ah decisions, decisions...

On chapter 6, you have to choose between picking either the mercenary or fighter in the pictures above. You have two turns to recruit one of them since once the 2nd turn starts they will likely die. The twist this time around though is that I added moral dilemma to the decision.

The mercenary is a seven year old child soldier. Between the two, he is probably the better unit, but he only has an Iron Sword and vulnerary.

The Fighter is a 45 year old drunk. He is probably the weaker unit, but has a silver axe, tomahawk, brave axe, and elixir.

The mercenary is a seven year old child soldier. Between the two, he is probably the better unit, but he only has an Iron Sword and vulnerary.

The Fighter is a 45 year old drunk. He is probably the weaker unit, but has a silver axe, tomahawk, brave axe, and elixir.

*sighs*

SEVEN YEAR OLDS CANNOT BE EXPECTED TO FIGHT. IF THE PLAYER IS FORCING, AND IT WOULD BE FORCING THEM INTO BATTLE, THEY WOULD NO LONGER BE SYMPATHETIC AS THEY WOULD BE COMPLETE GODDAMN MONSTERS. THEY CANNOT FIGHT BETTER THAN EXPERIENCED SOLDIERS. WHY IS THE FIGHTER SO GODDAMN RICH.