How old do you think Marth is in this game?

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the masked man?

It wouldn't surprise me if this take place after Mystery of the Emblem, but at the same time... Marth looks kinda young. Maybe it takes place before the first game? The trailer looks like Marth fleeing from his castle, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Or maybe this Marth is a cyborg. Yeah, I'll go with cyborg Marth.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't recent Akaneia history. Too much is different already. If there's one thing the character designs demonstrate, it's that society and technology have advanced, putting this game some time after FE1/3. Which means Marth should not be at the age he's displayed in the trailer, so either it isn't Marth or something happened to him - and either one seems necessary to explain why he seems different.

The thing is, if it's too closely dependent on FE1/3's story, there are concerns about how much sense it might make to people outside of Japan who haven't seen an FE3/12 release. Best-case scenario, this brings enough importance to an FE12 localization that it happens, perhaps later as a port. Worst-case scenario, it keeps FE13 from getting out of Japan.

This isn't recent Akaneia history. Too much is different already. If there's one thing the character designs demonstrate, it's that society and technology have advanced, putting this game some time after FE1/3. Which means Marth should not be at the age he's displayed in the trailer, so either it isn't Marth or something happened to him - and either one seems necessary to explain why he seems different.

The trailer shows a gate floating in the sky, which could be the dragon gate that the dragon gods use for traveling from world to world.

It depends on how much Nintendo loves the game and thinks it will push sales. Mario Kart 7 will be released a day after its Japanese release in Europe, for example. Localization doesn't have to wait until a game is released--they can happen while a game is still in development.

Maybe it's Marth's descendant. Or a doppelganger.

Descendant sounds most likely, to me. FE lords aren't known for having overly different-looking offspring.

Maybe is not Marth, but MyUnit? A bit like FE12 MyUnit supposedly looks like Ike if the right combination is chosen.

Edit: I just saw the video again, and yeah now I noticed that they show MyUnit and the masked man at the same time.

Edited by luchinania

on the japanese website my unit only wears that outfit we've seen in any other screen so i think the chances of him being the butterfly mask dude are zero . He does look he's marth's descendant or something, maybe marth from another universe where he couldn't kill medeus and now he's taking over the world!

on the japanese website my unit only wears that outfit we've seen in any other screen so i think the chances of him being the butterfly mask dude are zero . He does look he's marth's descendant or something, maybe marth from another universe where he couldn't kill medeus and now he's taking over the world!

He seems less evil villain and more mysterious-bad-guy-who-joins-you-in-the-end.

Descendant sounds most likely, to me. FE lords aren't known for having overly different-looking offspring.

They look sort of like their parents... Not a complete clone.

Plus, what's the point of making as Marth descendent to look just like Marth, only to hide his face behind a mask?

They look sort of like their parents... Not a complete clone.

Plus, what's the point of making as Marth descendent to look just like Marth, only to hide his face behind a mask?

Roy and Eliwood are pretty much clones in their respective games. At least as much so as Marth and Marth II, from what we can see - bearing in mind that, just as you noted, his face is behind a mask.

You may as well ask what's the point of having "Marth" wear a mask whoever he is. Certainly, I couldn't possibly make so much of a guess at this point, knowing absolutely nothing about the story at this point, so there's no point in asking me such questions.

Just to throw out something new, I sort of got the vibe that it was a ghostly manifestation of Marth, as opposed to it actually being him. As stated, it looks like this game is set fairly far into the future. Maybe he only appears when a certain weapon is used, or when his descendents need to call on his power or something. >o< Is there any evidence to suggest that FE13 happy concurrently to FE1/3?