How old do you think Marth is in this game?

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the masked man?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I obviously wasn't being serious there. >_> Besides, people can be redesigned. Marth didn't have pants originally, remember?

I know. But some people would have believed it anyway and I wanted to avoid useless theories and speculations.

I'll just call him Charth for now.

Or perhaps he's just Krom's alter-ego. Those who played Persona 3 FES might get this. Hopefully.

Or maybe both. There's nothing keeping Krom from being an alternate reality Marth, is there? He even has a Cleric sister.

Edited by TheEnd

I'll just call him Charth for now.

Or perhaps he's just Krom's alter-ego. Those who played Persona 3 FES might get this. Hopefully.

Or maybe both. There's nothing keeping Krom from being an alternate reality Marth, is there? He even has a Cleric sister.

Lol I had the same thought in mind.....but why not suggest that this Marth is a girl for having a really weak physique and long thigh and stuff like that.....

Lol I had the same thought in mind.....but why not suggest that this Marth is a girl for having a really weak physique and long thigh and stuff like that.....

Hey, you might be onto something here.

Hey, you might be onto something here.

Yeah, I agree, I've been wondering this. It would also fit in in how there're twelve characters on the boxart, with five visibly male and five visibly female- leaving an archer and 'Marth'.

The archer appears in the video and seems visibly a guy (though not so much on the cover), whereas we're left with 'Marth' who seems very ambiguous in both.

And yes, having equal numbers of each gender on the boxart isn't something we should base anything on, but methinks it's quite likely IS would do that...

EDIT: Scratch that. Another gander tells me the armour-person whose face is obscured by Krom may be Sumia, which would mean both of the ones I think are ambiguous are men, if my argument is valid. Hm.

Edited by lancerusso

EDIT: Scratch that. Another gander tells me the armour-person whose face is obscured by Krom may be Sumia, which would mean both of the ones I think are ambiguous are men, if my argument is valid. Hm.

Isn't Sumia the spear-wielding girl (the one next to the black-haired female mage)?

Isn't Sumia the spear-wielding girl (the one next to the black-haired female mage)?

Oh, so she is... I got the impression she wears more armour than that. Ah well. And it isn't Frederick since he's on the top right of the boxart... Probably a cavalier. Callum I think it was?

you know if this series does bring back previous lords, I would kill for a seen like the Char Archetype scene in 'Gundam: A Summary'

"Hey wait a second your just copying me"

"No you're copying me"

"No both of you are copying me"

"No ALL of you are copying me"

Vincent stated in another thread that Krom is a descendant of Marth. So it is pretty obvious this game takes place in the future.

Now that's out the way, who is this masked mystery?

Is it Marth? I don't think it is the real Marth. It might be some sort of spirit Marth, coming back to help fight some sort of evil that has appeared (or reappeared?) throughout the land. The real Marth everyone knows might be already dead, if it's very far in the future. Krom being a "descendant" of Marth gives me this impression.

Edited by Raven

Yeah, I was just speculating. Krom is stated to be the descendant of the "Hero King", which to me has strong allusions to Marth, seeing as Marth was also known as the "Hero King". However, it's just as possible this "Hero King" is a brand new character.

Yeah, I was just speculating. Krom is stated to be the descendant of the "Hero King", which to me has strong allusions to Marth, seeing as Marth was also known as the "Hero King". However, it's just as possible this "Hero King" is a brand new character.

I thought Marth was known as the King of Kings(also translated as Emperor of Emperors)?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I thought Marth was known as the King of Kings(also translated as Emperor of Emperors)?

No, it's 勇者の王子 or something like that which could be "Hero King" or "King of Heroes" (most likely the former).

Edit: oops, fucking ninjas.

Edit 2: and I was completely wrong.

Edited by Agromono