Mighty Cursin' Folgore Rangers Draft Challenge

Sunwoo

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Folgore Rangers be victorious?

• Yes! You guys are the Folgore Rangers, duh!
    • Lolno. Horita will wipe the floor with you.
    • I don't know. Why are you asking me? :/
    • What are the Folgore Rangers, again?
    • Curse you, Horita!
    • None of the above. Camdar will be victorious!

(Forgive me for this, Integrity ...)

It was a normal day in the city of Serenes Forest. All was well; the residents were going about their day. The Mighty Cursin' Folgore Rangers were relaxing at their favorite hangout, the juice bar, enjoying a rare moment of peace -- if one disregarded the ruckus that Crash and Marth who were sitting beside them were making. Shin, Darros, and Boron were sipping glasses of the bar's trademark tangerine juice. Imp and Banzai were engrossed in their readings: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures and the works of Shakespeare. Harpoon was sitting next to Imp, playing his DS and muttering angrily under his breath.

"What a nice day to simply kick back and relax," Darros said. "Moments like these are getting rarer and rarer these days."

"Yeah," Boron agreed. "It's been nothing but battles against Horita and his lackeys nowadays."

"Curse you, Horita!" Doku swore, shaking his fist in the general direction of the moon ... even though it was the middle of the day. "And curse you too, Zeddmare, Camdar, and Sharlow!"

"NOOO!" Harpoon howled just then, dropping to his knees and throwing his head back. "Why?! Why, RNG?!"

"Harpoon, what are you yelling about?" Imp demanded, looking slightly annoyed as she looked up from her manga. It was just getting to the good part!

"Lowen got hit with a 2% displayed hit and died!" Harpoon tossed his arms in the air, disgusted. "AND he missed a 91% displayed right before that! The RNG hates me!"

"You're still playing FE7?" Banzai rolled his eyes. "That game is dumb."

Boron opened her mouth to say something, but then she caught sight of something hurtling down from the sky. "Guys, look!" she shouted.

The other Folgore Rangers glanced up, just in time to see a flaming asteroid heading straight towards them. Doku cursed again. "Everyone! Take cover!" he ordered, activating his Red Folgore Ranger powers. "Now!"

Darros, Harpoon, and Boron did so immediately ... but Imp and Banzai were too slow to react. The meteor crashed into the juice bar, releasing a powerful shock wave. All the people in the vicinity of the area were blasted several feet back, including Banzai and Imp but not the other four Rangers. Much to their surprise, a white powdery substance was also released from the meteor upon its impact, stretching across the entirety of Serenes Forest.

"What is this stuff?!" Darros yelled.

"i don't know, but keep your shield up!" Doku told him.

"Guys! We lost Imp and Banzai!" Boron said.

"Um ... well ..." Harpoon threw glance behind him, attempting to hide a laugh when he saw Marth and Crash being thrown back. "We'll get them later!"

And then, the incident was over. Once the coast seemed to be clear, the four remaining Folgore Rangers lowered their shields. The entire city, as far as they could see, had gone from a lively place to a desolate spot of gray. There were no other people around them, as they had all been thrown back far away from the former location of the juice bar.

"So ... what do we do now?" Boron asked.

"There's only one thing we can do." Doku clenched his hand into a fist. "It's Cursin' Time!"

He, Darros, Boron, and Harpoon immediately got ready to transform.

"RED FOLGORE RANGER -- CORPLE POWER!"

"BLUE FOLGORE RANGER -- BAD DRAFTING IDEAS POWER!"

"GREEN FOLGORE RANGER -- POOR FIRST IMPRESSIONS POWER!"

"YELLOW FOLGORE RANGER -- TRYING TO BE OBJECTIVE POWER!"

The four Rangers immediately went about Serenes Forest, searching for their lost companions and to check on the state of the city. Much to their surprise, when they did finally find other people -- they were all asleep! Everyone was most certainly alive, but they were all ... asleep. And nothing seemed to be able to wake them up.

"This is so bizarre --" Red's wristwatch beeped just then. A second later, the hologram of their assignment-giver, the monocled Eliedon, popped up above the watch. "Eliedon! Perfect timing."

"Eliedon!" Green and Blue pushed their way in front of Red, so they could both get a better view of the hologram. "Something weird just happened ..." Blue started.

"Yes ... I am well aware," Eliedon said gravely. "Rangers, a strange object has struck Serenes Forest --"

"It was a meteor," Green piped in helpfully, only to get whacked over the head by Yellow.

"I see ..." Eliedon nodded. "However, what I am concerned about is this: that meteor contained within it a strange substance that causes all who inhale it to fall into a deep sleep."

"So that's what happened!" Yellow exclaimed.

Red gritted his teeth. "Rangers, do you know what this means, this could only be the work of ... Horita Repulsa!"

"Very good, Folgore Red ..."

As if on cue, the Folgore Rangers' sworn enemy, the terrible Horita Repulsa, materialized into being several feet away from them. He had a smug look on his face, even as Folgore Red gave him a glare that clearly said that the self-proclaimed leader of the Rangers wanted to throw all of his drafting logs at Horita.

"So ... this is your doing," Blue muttered. "I guess I shouldn't be so surprised."

"I thought it was getting a little too quiet around here," Yellow grumbled.

Just then, there was a second crash from not too far away. The Rangers jumped and activated their shields, prepared for another attack, but it was only Horita's incompetent lackey, Camdar. He ran towards Horita, tripping over a crack in the sidewalk ... then getting his wings stuck in a nearby tree as he tried to get up.

"Forgive me master, I didn't mean to accidentally send the meteor crashing onto Serenes Forest!" Camdar blurted out. "I was trying to get the Sety monster!"

"Wait ... you mean ... this wasn't even really planned?" Red burst into laughter. "Unbelievable!"

The other three Folgore Rangers giggled, but Horita's smug grin turned into a grimace. "You fool! Why did you have to go and say that!" he yelled. "Ugh ... never mind! Just ... go!" As Camdar quickly scampered away, Horita took several deep breaths to calm himself down, then he turned to the Rangers and said. "Laugh all you want, but I have finally destroyed your precious Serenes Forest! Look around you. All that was living in this city is now asleep ... and they shall stay that way! You lost, Folgore Rangers."

"Not so fast, Horita Repulsa!" Doku shouted. "You think you've won? I won't let that happen!" He struck a dramatic pose and pointed directly at his archenemy. "I challenge you! We all challenge you ... to a draft!"

"A draft?" Horita laughed in response. "What makes you think that you can defeat me? I am the master of drafting!"

"No, no, no!" Red stomped his feet angrily, like a child throwing a tantrum. "I will not be second to you! Curse you, Horita!"

"So ... this draft thing, is it going to happen?" Blue asked impatiently.

"Of course it will!" Red glared at Horita. "You know the rules of drafting, of course."

"Humph." Horita crossed his arms. "And what game shall we be drafting for this time?"

"Blazing Sword!" Green shouted, interrupting the dramatic moment. "Hector's Normal Mode!"

"I agree," Yellow said. "A five-person draft --"

"Not so fast!"

Everyone turned towards the source of the voice, surprised to find Folgore White and Folgore Purple posing heroically in the distance. They then made their way over to their fellow Rangers.

"You haven't put us to sleep, Horita Repulsa!" White bragged. "We're awake up and perfectly able!"

Purple nodded. "Allow us to help you defeat Horita!" he said to the other four Rangers. "We want to help!"

"Master, allow me to assist you!" Camdar shouted, running back over to Horita and accidentally smacking him in the face. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he yelped.

"Enough!" Horita growled. "Camdar ... can I even trust you to not screw this up for me?"

"We're not doing an eight-person draft!" Green shouted.

"No way," Yellow agreed. "Make that a six-person draft, then. Um ... that means we'll have Hector, Marcus, Eliwood, Lyn, Matthew, Ninian/Nils, and Athos free ..."

"But ban Marcus after chapter 16," Blue added.

"And Geitz and Wallace are drafted as one unit," Green said. "As are Bartre and Karla."

Yellow quickly did the math in her head. "Which means that there will be three undrafted units, and they will be banned ..."

"I propose a rule that all drafted units must be recruited," Doku cut in.

Horita looked rather bored. "And what format will we be drafting in?" he demanded.

"I do like Knight of Titania's new drafting style," Boron said. "So let's go with that!"

"Then it's settled!" Doku glared at Horita with fire in his eyes. "You are going down, Horita Repulsa! Mighty Cursin' Folgore Rangers! Let's go!"

Drafting:

1. This draft is for six people.

2. Each player will have five drafted units.

3. The following characters are free: Hector, Eliwood, Lyn, Marcus, Matthew, Ninian/Nils, and Athos

4. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.

5. Geitz and Wallace are drafted as a pair.

6. Marcus is banned after chapter 16.

7. This game will be played on HNM, skipping Lyn's mode.

Rules

1. Undrafted characters may only be deployed to recruit drafted characters. If deployed, they may only use the "wait" and "talk" command.

2. Undrafted characters may shop and rescue undrafted characters or NPCs if they are forced onto a map.

3. All Gaiden chapters except for 23x, 19xx, and 28x are required to be visited. 23x and 28x may be visited at the players' discretion and do not count for up to 20 turns.

4. Other units may do as they please.

5. Defend chapters count the last Player Phase waited if the timer's waited out.

6. Last three undrafted units are banned.

Penalties

1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn deployment penalty per chapter.

Exceptions

1. Meatshielding is free in chapter 13x.

2. Kent, Sain, and Wil are free for chapter 16.

3. Undrafted units may be deployed to dig up items in the desert. Undrafted fliers may be deployed to rescue undrafted thieves to dig up treasure.

Teams

3. Folgore Green: Sain, Canas, Hawkeye, Bartre+Karla, Vaida

4. Folgore Yellow: Florina, Lucius, Rath, Harken, Louise

6. Camdar: Kent, Serra, Isadora, Guy, Geitz/Wallace

5. Horita: Fiora, Erk, Raven, Oswin, Wil

2. Folgore Blue: Lowen, Pent, Farina, Legault, Dorcas

1. Folgore Red: Heath, Priscilla, Nino, Dart, Rebecca

[spoiler=units remaining]Karel

Jaffar

Renault

Update: 8/19/12

Certain factors made the scoring system employed in this draft a poor choice. I've decided to start this draft over under a new scoring system, because I hate having this thing in my backlog. So here it goes:

This draft will be played out normally, like a standard draft. At the end, you will report two things:

1) Your TC

2) Your total EXP gained

You don't need to keep track of EXP gain for every chapter, like how you did under the previous scoring system. Just report total EXP that your free and drafted characters gained for the entire game. All drafters will have a TC score and an EXP score.

Progress Chart

1. Folgore Green:

2. Folgore Yellow:

3. Camdar:

4. Horita Repulsa:

5. Folgore Blue:

6. Folgore Red:

Edited by Seoyeon

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, exactly. I went and copied the relevant rules, adjusting points so that it is compatible with 6 people instead of 4. Also, I will need to assign someone to count up the points, since I can't do it. Perhaps KoT himself if he's not busy?

I wouldn't mind doing the counting.

Just confirming one thing: If 2 or more people were to tie on turncount (Eg Doku and Horace tie for 10 turns on CoD) then what happens to the points? Same applies for EXP.

I wouldn't mind doing the counting.

Just confirming one thing: If 2 or more people were to tie on turncount (Eg Doku and Horace tie for 10 turns on CoD) then what happens to the points? Same applies for EXP.

Thank you, Aurora! You got the job, and to answer your question ... let's say that for the LTC part of the scoring, this is the final results of all six players.

Horace: 6 turns

Doku: 6 turns

Darros: 8 turns

Creeper: 8 turns

Boron: 8 turns

?:10 turns

In that case, Horace and Doku will both get 100% of the points for tying their turncounts. Darros, Creeper, and I all got an 8 turn clear and we all tied. But because there was a tie for first place, Darros, Creeper, and I all get 4/6 of the points. So we would all get 66.7% of the points, or 4 points each. The last participant came in last, so that person will only get 16.7% of the points, or 1 point. That's how KoT did the scoring.

The real issue here is, how do you play FE7 on the 3DS?

Whoops. :dry: I should change that.

Curses! I'm awful at XP, I can't even get more than two stars normally. Beware, Horita! I am coming for you!

Edited by Parco Folgore

Don't worry, Red, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person participating in the Folgore Rangers Draft Challenge who's even tried this format. And I'm getting my butt kicked in KoT's draft, so I doubt I'd be at any particular advantage. ^_^;

Also! Knight of Titania has volunteered to keep score as well. I think it'll be a better idea to have two people keeping score anyway, since six contestants is quite a bit.

Aurora will keep score for General Horace, Folgore Green, and Jihyun.

Knight of Titania will keep score for Parco Folgore, Folgore Blue, and Camtech.

Please report to the correct scorekeeper, to keep this efficient. Also, participants, please calculate your total EXP before PMing your scores.

Edited by Jihyun

Well, that rule was a partial carryover from KoT's draft. In his draft, he allowed arenas to only be used three times maximum for every chapter it appeared, but I wanted to throw out arenas entirely. Then I realized that without the arena, there's nothing that can be scored for chapter 31x. So I thought that I should put in the arena rule for only 31x.

... Or I could just throw out 31x from the scores altogether and ban arena use, period. What do you think?

31x is stupid to score because it'd be whoever beat the toughest arena opponants with the lowest levelled units or Silencer, so i think it should be thrown out. maybe get opinions from others though

All right. I'm actually leaning towards throwing it out anyway and banning use of the arena, period. But I'll wait until morning to see what the others have to say before I make my decision.

Also, while I don't want you guys to post your progress on this thread yourselves (Aurora and KoT will provide everyone's scores in a timely manner -- and you two, be sure to correspond with each other), you guys are welcome to keep the thread going. Stuff like, "Having a little problem with this chapter," or "I'm on 32x, almost done here!" or even tidbits of story. Basically, I don't want you guys to post strategies, turncounts, or what level your characters are at. Anything else is welcome to be posted, though.

"But ban Marcus after chapter 16," Blue added.

Thanks a lot Darros. If I had a merry pirate crew, you would definetely NOT be first mate.

what thats so ooc for me

Marcus all the way

/puts on an I <3 Jeigans t-shirt

also its not reflected in the ruleset so shhh

EDIT: Why is it it's own rule? Why not just stick it with the free characters rule?

Edited by Folgore Blue