All of this time and no Pokemon Conquest topic?

Emeraldfox

So yeah, I am very interested in this game, more than Black/White 2(release dates whooo~). Patiently waiting for it's June release, and reading up on it without spoiling myself in the process.

Augh, it only hurts while I wait though, not to mention I know nothing about the human character's histories. But I am interested in a few.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as far as what I know being a stalker on Siliconera.... The game is a crossover between Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition. The game was developed with oversight from Game Freak, but actually by Tecmo Koei. The game will feature 6 vs. 6 tactical battles involving Pokemon moves and every Pokemon (or nearly so) from Generation V. The game takes place in basically the Sengoku era, with the heroes of the real Sengoku era being characters. The player character can form bonds with Pokemon in order to use them in battle. The game involves capturing 17 provinces and their capitals in order to unite Ransei into a grand kingdom. And that's really all I know. Hope I helped.

Oh yes, I'm definitely getting this game. A June release means I can easily get it as a Birthday present in early July, heh.

• 4 weeks later...

http://kotaku.com/58...tatical-success

Just went to this site. Found out a few basics+reviews.

I was hoping for more info, but the strategy looks like it might have a strategy somewhat similar to FE, except no weapons.

There are disappointments too, but I'm still going to get it.

Edited by I don't play for turns

• 2 weeks later...

Go to serebii for any information you might want :P

This game is a crossover of Pokemon and Nobanga's ambition, and it takes place in a world with these "warlords"

Oh, and the island is shaped like an arceus. Really?

• 4 weeks later...

It's more like FFT than FE in gameplay, so far, but with phases. I'm still kind of at the very beginning so I'm still finding out stuff.

Each pokemon has Abilities, that activate upon special conditions. So the Eevee you get right at the beginning gets a second turn if it defeats an enemy. Stuff like that.

You power up by increasing the "Link" between you and your pokemon, and you can only battle once a month with any given warrior. Basically, your turn ends when all your warriors have fought their monthly quota.

It seems fun so far, but I haven't gotten anywhere challenging as yet.

Unfortunately this game never goes into the challenging part. Good use of type advantage against opponents give you easy wins, and once you have some promoted pokes on your warlords even 5 star scenarios become rollovers.

It's got that 'Pokemon' charm though, which always make for nice games.

The Hideyoshi battle was interesting, but only because of the terrain, and the falling boulders that knocked out Oichi's Jigglypuff :|

I still beat the battle with only Eevee, so yeah, it doesn't look like it's a very hard game.

How/when do pokemon evolve, btw?

EDIT: I should clarify that it's still a lot of fun, and looks very colourful and charming. Quite worth the buy.

Edited by Pandorakun

If a Pokemon normally envolves through levelling up they'll probably envolve through link. Usually it's somewhere between 60%-75% for the final evolution. Some envolve based on a particular stat, which is generally reached at around this link.

If they normally envolve using items you can expect to find these items in the game. More info is available on Serebii.

Currently going through Hideyoshi's story, and something I kind of wish is that the AI would be just a little bit more aggressive towards the player. It's nice to see them not actively ganging up on you, but when I have control of half the region, I expect them to do something about it instead of taking on each other.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too used to playing Civ.

How do you beat Nobunaga?! Is there some kind of trick, certain guys you should use, a certain strategy, or am I just under-leveled? Most of his guys don't seem too tough, but his Zekrom seems invincible. Any advice?

Try to get some Ice Pokémon then. And perhaps anything that has a Ground attack for Zekrom.

Edited by Acacia Sgt