Rate the Unit, Day 17: Vika

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- PKL withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.341

Leonardo: 2.531

Tormod: 3.28

Ilyana: 3.75

Tauroneo: 4.5

Aran: 4.926

Laura: 5.139

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Zihark: 7.44

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.875

Sothe: 8.938

Nolan: 9.069

I'm Too lazy to do the average of Muarim.. I might do that later. Sorry if there was any permission thing with this ._.

Edited by Melonhead215

Vika, friend of Tormod's and Muarim's. Fights for the freedom of Laguz.

Pros:

Flies.

Dodgy as fuck all.

DEM GROWTHS!

Cute as a button.

Dat res.

Cons:

Disappears with the rest of that lot.

Strength is kinda low. (and caps low)

Low level upon return.

Vika is pretty nice when she shows up. Shes not a powerhouse like Muarim but she can kick a significant amount of ass in the chapters shes got in part 1. She goes "lol" and nearly everything because its so damn hard to hit her. Shes so fast even at base level that she's probably never getting doubled. (except MAYBE in part 4 untransformed.) She has good move as a flier and can canto away from junk if necessary. And her growths are nuts. What is it with the laguz on that team having crazy growths? Holy crap. Sad thing is, Vika vanishes with the rest of her team for like, the whole game. When she comes back, shes really at a disadvantage due to her level. Still, shes fast enough to hit junk (twice) and gains experience like mad. Paragon is pretty good on her if you want to see what she can do at a higher level. Her res is crazy high too and wont take much aggravated damage from wind magic. Whoa. Even when babied in 4-4, her strength is pretty low. So if one is raising her, giving her a satori sign for Tear is a good idea. I think if she was around for most of the game, (or just sooner...) she'd be one of the best non-royal laguz units. She really isnt a bad endgame pick but it takes a bit of love to get her prepared for it in one chapter. :(: But when trained, shes like Naesala Lite. Not bad.

5/10. 6/10 bias (it would be higher but yeah...) because i think shes adorable and pretty cool.

She eats misguided ninjamonkeys for breakfast and loves to hang out with me.

Also. She's the only character I've got 1337 kills on in a single playthrough. (Easy mode ashera abuse ftw!)

2/10. Again, like Tormod, can be used in part 1, but come part 4, she's hopeless (while 30 AS can double a fair bit in 4-4, she still has 25 mt, and that's not doing much, if any, good at that point...)...

crack ho 0/10

2/10. Again, like Tormod, can be used in part 1, but come part 4, she's hopeless (while 30 AS can double a fair bit in 4-4, she still has 25 mt, and that's not doing much, if any, good at that point...)...

But for real, this.

Vika is the worst of the laguz group you get in part 1. She's still pretty good, she's fast, she flies and her damage output isn't bad. The problem is that Tormod is great in his db chapters, Muarim is awesome in his and Vike is just ok.

Her offense is nothing special, she has gauge issues and when she returns in part 4 she's even more hopeless then Tormod.

2.5 + 0.5 bias point for looking good= 3/10

Vika is a not-as-powerful-but-still-great member of Tormod's team in part 1. Of course, that means she vanishes off the face of the earth until part 4. By then, I already have Janaff, Ulki, Tibarn <3, and Naesala <3, and growths be damned, it's just too late to train another unit, since BEXP isn't going to make use of her growths. I can't even really make a pro and con list because her availability is only worse than the units you get inside the tower, and she just comes back too late.

2/10

Vika is a not-as-powerful-but-still-great member of Tormod's team in part 1. Of course, that means she vanishes off the face of the earth until part 4. By then, I already have Janaff, Ulki, Tibarn <3, and Naesala <3, and growths be damned, it's just too late to train another unit, since BEXP isn't going to make use of her growths. I can't even really make a pro and con list because her availability is only worse than the units you get inside the tower, and she just comes back too late.

2/10

Not to mention she's just too weak to do ANYTHING when part 4 comes, and the payoff isn't even worth it.

I'm Too lazy to do the average of Muarim.. I might do that later. Sorry if there was any permission thing with this ._.

Did the math. Counting only Hard Mode ratings, and not counting someone who said that they really didn't think that their vote should be counted, Muarim got a 4.67.

I can't rate Vika because I never felt like using her.

I wonder if we rip Vika too hard for sucking later on.

I mean, she's still a decent unit who can help out in those miserable Dawn Brigand chapters, right? Doesn't she have some uses for low-turns due to the flying trait? We don't say units like FE11 Jagen and FE12 Arran completely suck because their usefulness expires later on. Okay, just to be clear, I not trying to compare her directly to the early Paladins and saying it's an exact double-standard. But still, low scores like 2/10 seems more appropriate for units who require a buttload of effort to get to do anything useful. I dunno.

Even though i rated Vika pretty high, i think the 2s are fine because like, she does take a lot of love and patience to get going when she comes back. Sure its not as hard as say, using Fiona, but like, yeah some guys are just not arsed.

74 Speed and flies in Goldie's Averages Unleashed 10/10

Vika kinda sucks. She doubles but not a lot of power. When she comes back in Part IV she's ridiculous fodder of everything in existence.

1/10

Vika is decent ^^' and I find her more useful than Tormod because of flight. I did a 6 turn clear on 1-E using her as my flying ferry bot so Jill could fight. Although she only has 4 maps of her own I find her worth using for ferrying and shoving, no fighting unless I have to. On other modes she's better because of bexp, in hm she's not putting use to bexp.

4/10

Edited by Queen_Emelina

IMO, best use is in 1-8 to take on the dracos.

And, a decent unit in p1, then is shit in p4.

Tormod has Rexflame and bexp dump, and Muarims attack is insane.

Vika......has.............IDK, good spd/skl/res/magic?

If I wanted a Bird Laguz, ANY other one would be more endgame worthy than Vika.

She has trouble getting to S strike.

3.5/10, has uses, then becomes a crap unit in p4.

However, she does have nice use in p1.

Edited by Folgore Green

Vika is decent ^^' and I find her more useful than Tormod because of flight. I did a 6 turn clear on 1-E using her as my flying ferry bot so Jill could fight. Although she only has 4 maps of her own I find her worth using for ferrying and shoving, no fighting unless I have to. On other modes she's better because of bexp, in hm she's not putting use to bexp.

4/10

Well, as I see it, even on easier modes, her poor availability still cooks her goose, considering the second to last chapter before endgame is way too late for me to be babying someone to get them ready for the tower.

IMO, best use is in 1-8 to take on the dracos.

And, a decent unit in p1, then is shit in p4.

Tormod has Rexflame and bexp dump, and Muarims attack is insane.

Vika......has.............IDK, good spd/skl/res/magic?

If I wanted a Bird Laguz, ANY other one would be more endgame worthy than Vika.

She has trouble getting to S strike.

3.5/10, has uses, then becomes a crap unit in p4.

However, she does have nice use in p1.

...And Tormod can just as easily get rid of them (I'd personally force the one DK in the corner to SD on Tormod).

Yeah, compared to the other LEA members, she's just... lackluster.

Edited by Golden Cucco

420 Isn't Available Erryday

But seriously, she's fine in Part 1 (but not as good as Muarim, though she has a couple decent utility moves over him with flying) and then not really leveled enough to be worthy of serious consideration later unless you get her SS Strike in 1-7 by parking her next to the boss. Which is just silly.

3/10