Is this game JP only or will it come to the west?

I mean its arleady out in Japan and have been wonder if it will come to the states anytime soon. So far it looks like a great game but I don't want to import the game(Don't know japanese).

Edited by Defender of the light

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to Nintendo almost having a heart attack like a fat kid who eats nothing but McDonald's for every meal over their first loss of profit last quarter, they will probably be saving titles like this one to announce at E3 this year in order to create more awareness of the product and increase their overall revenue on the games that potentially have great outlooks on profit. I really don't like that Nintendo is acting this way just because it lost money but from a business standpoint I can see why they would market this game in such a way. It is a great game that players who have never played FE games before will love and it will definitely be a big game for the 3DS in America so of course Nintendo will try to build up hype over this game in order to milk all the profit they can from it.

Though, I will be very disappointed if it isn't announced at E3. Because the 3DS is region locked for 3DS games, I would have to buy a Japanese or European model of the 3DS in order to play the game. I will buy a foreign model 3DS just to play the game if I have to, I've been waiting feverishly since I played through FE10 for a new addition to the series (I don't count the 2 remakes released on the DS as new additions).

Due to Nintendo almost having a heart attack like a fat kid who eats nothing but McDonald's for every meal over their first loss of profit last quarter,

Yes, that was exactly the kind of heart attack that Nintendo had. I remember seeing it on the news and I thought it was exactly like a fat kid who eats nothing but McDonald's for every meal. Initially, it seemed more like a 35 year old workaholic man who ate nothing but takeaways and chainsmoked, but on closer analysis I judged the fat kid metaphor to be more suitable.

I really don't like that this guy over there is bleeding to death this way just because he did something life-threatening but from a healthcare standpoint I can see why he would call for help in such a way.

Does anyone have a link to this news report?

Back on topic. I really hope this comes to NA. I do not own a 3DS but I am willing to get one for this game. I believe there are also other people just like me. From their standpoint, there's no reason not to release this game in NA.

Does anyone have a link to this news report?

Back on topic. I really hope this comes to NA. I do not own a 3DS but I am willing to get one for this game. I believe there are also other people just like me. From their standpoint, there's no reason not to release this game in NA.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/27/editorial-nintendos-creeping-doom-how-the-company-came-to-m/

Scrooge McDuck refferences are FTW. Take note about how Nintendo usually ends a fiscal year on a positive note and also take into account that since this is the first time in a long time that they have lost money overall, projecting to have a quarter billion dollar loss is quite huge.

[spoiler=Nintendo is DOOMED]Nintendo-is-Doomed.jpg

Haha, that's what I've been saying ever since the Wii and DS came out. I'll still play the Nintendo consoles though, just for the good games only.

But my biggest problem was when Nintendo started catering to the grandma's and soccer mom's for sure. After that, gamers got the short end of the stick.

um that new is n 2011 o.o

Yes it is from 2011 but the fiscal year ended in losses for Nintendo last March. The article talked about their losses at the half fiscal year and used the data to project the losses at the end of the fiscal period. This was just the best article that I could find in 5 minutes that could explain why Nintendo would be freaking out over their losses.

Edited by 上昇Taiyou

http://www.joystiq.c...pany-came-to-m/

Scrooge McDuck refferences are FTW. Take note about how Nintendo usually ends a fiscal year on a positive note and also take into account that since this is the first time in a long time that they have lost money overall, projecting to have a quarter billion dollar loss is quite huge.

Well, it's not really our fault that the games are region-locked. I undestand that they want to increase sales but if they are not going to bring over fan favorites, it will only hurt them in the end. Like the author of the article mentioned, it's the games. The 3DS, along with the Wii/Gamecube, does not have a lot of good games. Gamers buy the game because they want to play the games, not the consoles. IMO, the consoles are just there to display the graphics.

To top it all off, the 3DS is expensive and I've yet to hear any massive changes aside from the 3D bar thingy. But then again, I don't keep up with these things so whatev.

In the end, they tried fixing that was okay and ended up being short changed.

Edited by UberLughFTW

The 3DS has a lot more power. I'm not sure how much of FE13 could even be set up to run on a regular DS, even with cuts to the graphics and music.

Haha, that's what I've been saying ever since the Wii and DS came out. I'll still play the Nintendo consoles though, just for the good games only.

But my biggest problem was when Nintendo started catering to the grandma's and soccer mom's for sure. After that, gamers got the short end of the stick.

Actually, this wasn't suppose to show that Ninendo is doomed, but to show that gamers always overreact when it comes to Nintendolaugh.gif

Anyway, it feels like some facts are being twisted here, so let me tell you what's really happening...

Nintendo did a bunch of mistakes with the 3DS' launch, mainly having no games and costing too much (250US$ at launch,) so the 3DS' sales weren't great.

In order to help the 3DS, Nintendo did a massive price from 250$ to 170$, and with the month of December where Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 launched, the 3DS saw great sales and continued selling great since then.

If you want a more appropriate version of Taiyou's article, read this:

http://www.vgchartz....cember-10-2011/

The 3DS sold faster than the PS3, PS2, Xbox 360, DS and PSP.

But cutting the price of your device by 30% is obviously going to cut your revenue, especially in the first months, which is the reason why Nintendo recorded a loss. Unlike what Taiyou is imagining, Nintendo wasn't surprised by this, they actually loss less than what they predicted during their investors' meetings.

To this day, the 3DS is still selling well, despite Resident Evil: Revelaitons and Kid Icarus: Uprising being the only good games released this year.

The 3DS has a lot more power. I'm not sure how much of FE13 could even be set up to run on a regular DS, even with cuts to the graphics and music.

Considering they got ASH running on the DS, and a couple other huge-size games, I don't see it as much of a problem. The graphics would be the biggest hit--I wonder what style a 2D FE13 would have taken?

EDIT: Oh yeah! DQIX, that huge mother. In terms of content in all regards, it probably beats FE13. Also, ASH's translation was apparently leaked--awesome.

Edited by Celice

Considering they got ASH running on the DS, and a couple other huge-size games, I don't see it as much of a problem. The graphics would be the biggest hit--I wonder what style a 2D FE13 would have taken?

EDIT: Oh yeah! DQIX, that huge mother. In terms of content in all regards, it probably beats FE13. Also, ASH's translation was apparently leaked--awesome.

DGIX certainly came to mind. I guess Pokemon to a lesser extent, but meh.

I really, really hope this comes stateside, my guess is they are wanting to get the most out of a series really born from SSBM in the U.S, and they don't have that for now. They are holding for E3 to get hype. Either way, I WANT IT.. 0__o

well they said we will have not planned on a overseas release "we hope to further increase its sales"

well fire emblem is really doing well in japan so is the 3ds xD

Hardware

1. 3DS: 45,752 (Last week: 46,425)

2. PlayStation 3: 12,026 (12,996)

3. PSP: 10,652 (12,247)

4. Vita: 6347 (6340)

5. Wii: 5956 (6073)

6. PlayStation 2: 1166 (1212)

7. Xbox 360: 825 (1023)

8. DSi XL: 683 (819)

9. DSi: 425 (387)

Software

1. My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute Portable Can't Possibly Continue (Namco Bandai, PSP): 53,175 - NEW

2. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo, Wii): 25,123 (Life to date: 359,943)

3. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Atlus, PSP): 24,547 - NEW

4. Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo, 3DS): 14,913 (376,703)

5. Brothers Conflict Passion Pink (Idea Factory, PSP): 10,911 - NEW

6. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS): 10,450 (1,585,238)

7. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS): 8569 (1,712,918)

8. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS): 8334 (1,450,809)

9. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, PS3): 6625 (326,130)

10. Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo, 3DS): 6232 (275,752)

11. Pachipara 3D (Irem, 3DS): 6144 - NEW

12. Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics (Nintendo, 3DS): 5041 (167,311)

13. Starhawk (Sony, PS3): 4522 (17,395)

14. Wii Sports Resort Wiimote Plus Pack (Nintendo, Wii): 4416 (944,388)

15. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 3309 (2,352,193)

16. Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 (Konami, PSP): 3266 (135,716)

17. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best (Capcom, PSP): 2807 (255,572)

18. Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin (MAQL, 3DS): 2718 (184,906)

19. Bunmei Kaika Aoiza Ibunroku Saien (Furyu, PSP): 2694 - NEW

20. Pokémon Black/White (The Pokémon Company, DS): 2551 (5,471,875)

Edited by Cammy white

well they said we will have not planned on a overseas release "we hope to further increase its sales"

That quote is really open to interpretations. All we can really take away from it is that they're not yet confirming anything as finalized.

At least, the first part. I don't think there's any dispute over the "we hope to further increase its sales" part.

well i'm REALLY happy to see the 3ds sales. AND vita is doing .... bad

they should really put that psp games to the vita. cause majority games for vita are ps3 exclusives before.

if i'm in japan i could really get a massive of street pass tags xD

Edited by Candehmuncher