An SRW K Draft.

Wen Yang

Credit for rules go to Sirius

Drafting rules

This a draft for 5 players

You start off with a fresh save file, New game+ is not allowed.

All GBA Slot Extra Items are Banned.

The Banpresto Original units as well as the Daikuu Maryuu and Archangel are free to use the entire game

Every other unit has to be drafted to be used without penalty, though there will be a lot of exceptions to this. The penalty for using an undrafted unit is 4 turns

Undrafted units are allowed to persuade and sit their asses in a battleship. They are also allowed to cast skills like Strike, Alert, Focus, Guard, Accel and Wall if it keeps enemies from attacking them. All other skills are forbidden. They may not be used for support attacks or team attacks. They may also not be used for friendship, love, rivalry or command aura bonuses. You may not upgrade undrafted units. Equipping parts is still fine, however.

There are exceptions to this and this comes into play with forced deployment. You are allowed the use of any and every forced unit who can't retreat into a battleship. This exception only lasts till they can retreat into a battleship.

For information regarding Route Splits/Secrets, check at http://akurasu.net/w...er_Robot_Wars/K

Unit List:

E = Earlygame M = Midgame L = Lategame S= Secret Unit

Dangaioh:

Dangaioh (E-M)

Fafner:

Mark Elf -> Mark Sein (E-M)

Mark Drei (E-M)

Mark Vier (LS)

Mark Funf (LS)

Mark Sechs (LS)

Mark Sieben (E-M)

Mark Acht (E-M)

Megatherion Model -> Mark Eins (LS)

Babylon Model (M)

Gaiking - Legend of Daiku-Maryu:

Gaiking -> Gaiking The Great (E)

Serpent (E)

Stinger -> Superior Stinger (E)

Crab Bunker (E)

Kill Jaguar (M)

Vulking (L)

Raiking (L)

Tenkuu Maryuu (L)

Daiichi Maryuu (L)

Godannar:

Dannar -> Godannar TDM (E)

Neo-Okusaer (Anna)-> Go-Okusaer (E)

Neo-Okusaer (Milla) (M)

G-Gunner -> G-Zero Gunner (E)

Core Gunner (E)

Cosmo Diver -> Celeblader (E-M)

Blade Gainer -> Blade Gainer TDM (LS)

Gun X Sword:

Dann of Thursday (E)

El Dora V -> El Dora Soul (M)

Brownie (M)

Volkein -> Volkein Kai (L)

Sausade of Sunday (LS)

Dahlia of Wednesday (LS)

Gundam SEED Destiny:

Akatsuki (Oowashi/Shiranui) (M)

Force/Blast/Sword Impulse Gundam (M)

Destiny Gundam (M)

Strike Freedom Gundam (M)

Infinite Justice Gundam (M)

Gaia Gundam (M)

Strike Gundam (M)

GOUF Ignite (Heine) (MS)

GOUF Ignite (Yzak) (M)

Dom Trooper (M)

Blaze Zaku Phantom (Dearka) (M)

Murasame (Waltfeld Colors) (M)

Murasame (M)

Legend Gundam (LS)

Eternal (M)

Gundam SEED CE73 Stargazer:

Stargazer (M)

Strike Noir (M)

Kotetsushin Jeeg:

Jeeg (New) (E)

Jeeg (Old) (M)

Big Shooter (New) (E)

Big Shooter (Old) (M)

Build Angel (E)

Mazinger Z:

Mazinger Z (E)

Diana A (E)

Boss Borot (E)

Overman King Gainer:

King Gainer (E)

Gotchko -> Emperanza (E)

Panther (Bello) (E)

Panther (Sara) (E)

Panther (Gauli) (E)

Dobeck (E)

Rushrod (E)

Under Golem (Enge) (M-L)

Under Golem (Javoli) (M-L)

Under Golem (Kejinan) (M-L)

Golem (M-L)

Dominator (M-L)

Virtual-On MARZ:

Temjin 747-J (E-M)

Apharmd the Hatter (E-M)

Fei Yen w/ VH (E-M)

Temjin Type a8 (L)

Zoids Genesis:

Murasame Liger -> Hayate Liger -> Mugen Liger (E)

Lanstag -> Lanstag Break (E)

Sword Wolf -> Sword Wolf Crusher (E)

Rainbow Jerk -> Rainbow Jerk Wind (E)

Deadly Kong (M)

Bamboolian -> Bamboolian Grand (M)

Soul Tiger -> Soul Tiger Boost (M)

Bio Ptera (M-LS)

Bio Volcano (M-L)

Brustle Tiger (M)

Molga Cannonry (M)

Lanstag (Souta) (M-L)

Teams:

1. Kopfjager: Dann of Thursday, Mark Sein, Akatsuki, Destiny Gundam, Mark Sieben, Mark Drei, Mark Acht, Brownie, Babylon Model, Megatherion Model, Mark Funf, Mark Sechs, Dahlia of Wednesday, Sausade of Sunday, Mark Vier, DOM Trooper, Molga Cannonry.

2. Mouse: Mazinger Z, El Dora Soul, Jeeg (old), Emperanza, Impulse Gundam, Gaia Gundam, Apharmd The Hatter, Big Shooter (Old), Volkein, Diana A, Murasame (Waltfeld), Boss Borot, Dobeck, GOUF Ignite (Yzak), Blaze ZAKU Phantom (Dearka), Daiichi Maryuu, Tenkuu Maryuu.

3. FeAnon: Strike Freedom Gundam, Dangaioh, Murasame Liger, Infinite Justice Gundam, Strike Noir, Build Angel, Eternal, Legend Gundam, Lanstag, Stargazer, Soul Tiger, Bio Volcano, Bio Ptera, Brustle Tiger, Gouf Ignite (Heine), Deadly Kong, Lanstag (Souta).

4. Blazing_Soul: Goddannar, Gaiking, Fei Yen w/ VH, Neo-Okusaer (Anna), Stinger, Core Gunner, Cosmo Diver, Kill Jaguar, Rainbow Jerk, Crab Bunker, G-Gunner, Bamboolian, Vulking, Raiking, Blade Gainer, Neo-Okusaer (Milla), Serpent.

5.Daigoji Excellen: King Gainer, Jeeg (New),Sword Wolf, Temjin 747-J, Big Shooter (New), Strike Gundam,Temjin Type a8, Rushrod, Dominator, Panther (Gauli), Murasame, Golem, Panther (Bello), Panther (Sara), Under Golem (Kejinan), Under Golem (Javoli), Under Golem (Enge).

Edited by Kopfjager

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*checks*

You're right, forgot I got that J one to take care of as well. Not sure I still got the save file... but no matter, new file also works, might even shave some turns.

On the flip side, wanna join? Excellen already said that he's joining.

Go back and finish that one so I get some turn counts to look forward to beating.

Don't bother. Doubt anyone else will beat my 400 turns on J. Try to beat that one instead. *shot*

Now of K huh... well, good luck all. Heh, may seem pointless to post here since I'm not participating but... well, it still makes for interesting reading.

I might cut it down to 4 players if I have issues getting drafters, though that will result in everyone having 21 with 1 leftover instead of the neat 17 each if we got 5.

Granted, anyone joining this has to be able to play SRW in Japanese since there's no patch for K AFAIK.

I've only played ~4 maps of this game.

Not sure if signing up will be a good idea but fuck it.

Also can anyone point me to how the squad thing of this games works?

Squads are comprised of a leader unit and a partner unit.

The leader unit functions like a traditional unit in SRW, the partner unit on the other hand can't attack unless it's pilot has access to the Support Attack skill if memory serves me right.

In a squad the rate at a unit gains Morale is reduced.

Also units with the Repair ability let units in the same squad restore 10% of their maximum HP at the start of each turn, the same also applies for units with Resupply but this time EN is restored instead.

Actually, the partner unit CAN attack without needing any skills.

The main drawbacks of pairing up is the inability to offer support attacks/receive support attacks to neighboring units and inability to combo attack.

Also FEAnon, in case we can't get enough people, would you mind to join at least for the drafting? no obligation to go through with it of course.

I would like to join.

Note that I've joined 4 drafts and completed none of them. However, all of them were games I had beaten before. Never played K but beaten a few other SRWs (OG1 + 2, J, W, D) and played about 10 chs of A for GBA and III for SNES. Etc.

Having a reason to beat another might be good.

At worst, I can be a reliable semi-intelligent independent drafter if the 4->5 jump is something you care about, and I might play the game after the drafting finishes.

There are exceptions to this and this comes into play with forced deployment. You are allowed the use of any and every forced unit who can't retreat into a battleship. This exception only lasts till they can retreat into a battleship.

If I'm drafting: does K have (as is usual for these games) branching such that one will want to look at branches in order to be confident one has units besides bships available for the branches they go on?

that's 5 of us, and yes, I'll do L after this one.

Anyway, randomizing order:

That means... Me, Mouse, FeAnon, Blazing_soul, then Excellen, usual 1234554321 snake drafting.

My pick is Dann of Thursday. :3

Mouse: K has branching. The Website I linked in the OP has a flowchart which shows you which series go to which branch during those branches.

Edited by Kopfjager

Really Dann of Thursday......I don't like that.......lol

EDIT: If we pick a unit with the requirement to get them is to use someone we don't have drafted to like shoot down another unit do we get penalized for using the unit to do so?

Edited by Blazing_Soul

Yes. :)

So if you want a secret unit, better get the units needed to get it in the first place :3

In my case, Dann worked wonders for me in my two playthroughs of K. And it comes pretty early... so... why not?

Edited by Kopfjager