Petition for a League of Legends subforum in Other Games.

Raven

Petition:  

34 members have voted

1. 1. The formal petition (there are two choices because a poll must contain at least two choices).

• I support the appeal for a League of Legends subforum to be created within Other Games.
    • I support the appeal for a League of Legends subforum to be created within Other Games.
  2. 2. Pick one!

• I play League (sometimes or often) and post (sometimes or often) in the LoL topic in Other Games.
    • I play League (sometimes or often) but I don't bother posting in the LoL topic in Other Games. (Please give a reason in a reply)
    • I don't play League (at all or much) but I see nothing wrong with having a subforum for this undeniably popular and content-heavy game.
  3. 3. Pick one!

• I play League (rarely to addicted).
    • I have never played League, and don't plan on doing so.
    • I have never played League, but I have been thinking about doing so.
    • I quit League, and don't plan on returning.
    • I quit League, but I have been thinking about returning.

Make it happen based admins.

nerfloverguy/britishasianguy/canadianfruitcake plz

I suppose you want some explanation. Remember when the Super Smash Bros. subforum was made? Brawl was in our midst and the Other Games forum was getting cluttered with SSB-related topics.

Same here with LoL. Our LoL community here has restricted ourselves to this one 2 year-old topic for all of the things we have discussed with each other. My main gripe with this is there is absolutely no structure because when discussion begins on one thing, it may just suddenly stop just because someone changed the subject to something else.

Avid players such as myself COULD go around creating topics to discuss anything from the latest public beta environment (PBE) changes in detail to the latest revealed/released champions, or the latest World Championships results so discussion won't overlap, so we don't lose some good potential discussion as a result of a lack of consistency. While it doesn't sound that bad, it happens quite often, and it kills it. I personally don't start flooding the Other Games forum with such topics out of respect of the non-League players who aren't interested in such things.

I request a subforum for this community's League of Legends players, and who knows, even more of us SFers may be enticed to play as a result. We already have a number of players of various skill levels (as shown by the SF Memberbase Directory topic) who play the game often and are more than willing to help new players get started across several different servers, so yeah. It would be nice for everyone.

Please?

Edited by Raven

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An even 50/50 split between interested and interested. That's a pretty nice distribution.

EDIT: Noooo you terrible 5th voter, ruining the symmetry.

Edited by Euklyd

not bad

i would make a pun about how interest is interested, but that'd be lame

I thought you'd like this btw.

tlClhCo.jpg

People who don't read may think the second option is against the idea of a subforum. That's some ninja support right there. (jk don't use a ninja to support).

I voted option 2 for the luls.

Edited by Interest

Personally I don't think it was ruined. People love Draven, and he's a pretty big icon for LoL. And literally millions of people play this game, so I don't see how he shouldn't win any popularity contest, hosted anywhere.

It's called a "character battle" but it's really, quite literally, a "popularity contest." The results seem legit to me, even though I personally like Link and Solid Snake much more than Draven. What can you do when one of the most popular characters in currently one of the most popular games in the world gets put against age-old gaming icons that have a smaller yet more consistent fanbase? And what do you expect when you allow your polls to be voted in by anyone, and not just registered members of GameFAQs? The LoL community is larger than GameFAQs, and when a popular LoL character is involved in such a coveted contest, what's going to stop their favourite from winning it? If they wanted only people from GameFAQs to vote in it, they should have restricted who could vote. E.g., only people with, say, 100 posts would be able to vote in the contests. But what fun would that be when it's always the same result every year?

Besides, as I've said before elswehere, it's just a shitty popularity contest. It does absolutely nothing to anyone. Nobody loses anything, and nobody makes gains. Although it was pretty funny to read some of the rants people made when Link lost to Draven. People are way too serious. So, thanks for that, QameFAQs.

But that's not really related to what this topic's about. The LoL community within SF has needs, if you don't want to help support us then that's fine. But really this is fftf so you can say whatever you want wherever you want.

So hey ^^

I really like LoL but due to some reasons i can't play properly at the moment, but i have been playing for over a year now.

I voted the second option in the second poll. I didn't bother posting in the LoL thread before, partially because i didn't come around to do so, but also because it is so cluttered and unstrucktured that it kinda scares me off .__.

So yeah ^^

And Go Ionia!

@ Psych: That too could work, although I do see much more LoL activity here in comparison to Dota 2. Such a general subforum would still get cluttered with LoL stuff, and then the Dota 2 crew would probably understandably get pissed.

Regardless of what is done, I think something needs to be introduced to help both the LoL and non-LoL gamers in the Other Games forum.

'Cos soon I'm going to be starting some pretty specific discussions and topics in Other Games regarding League, which in turn would knock other topics off the first page faster than usual. And as we know when people kept making the rate the unit topics in some of the FE boards, Sonic Sez that's no good.

The League of Legends community ruined GameFAQs Character Battle IX, so I'm going to anti-sign this petition.

OH NO

anyway I guess so? There's a lot of interest on this forum in my experience so yeah makes sense to me

yeah why

Even if it's not specifically a League subforum, a subforum for general MOBAs would work wonders since loads of people play them, whether it's StarCraft 2, LoL, SMITE or Dota 2. Tags could be used in topic titles to specify which game a topic will be about.