Paris Mafia - Game over, Mimes win!

Balcerzak

J don't you think I'm pre' cool ;_;

Gorf's latest post shows some considered analysis, I feel good about him, but organising his thoughts according to players would be fantastic.

nitpicking on posting styles shows the depths to which I've sunk

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@j honestly there's not much to explain when it comes to the town reads. absolutely nothing piqued my curiosity with those two slots aside from sb's interaction with bluedoom early on, but seeing the lack of consistency and pointing out the difference between prims' connection with em and sb's sums up why i don't think he's a mime. you're a town read off of meta + nothing piquing my curiosity. from what i've seen baldrick's been playing a solid game, asking questions, progressing reads, makin plays. if there's anything in particular that somebody thinks is worth mentioning about the slots i'm more than willing to listen but in my head, until rapier kagnue and prims are dead they're of low priority.

J don't you think I'm pre' cool ;_;

Gorf's latest post shows some considered analysis, I feel good about him, but organising his thoughts according to players would be fantastic.

nitpicking on posting styles shows the depths to which I've sunk

fuqq dat jazz i just read as i went and kept the not important stuff to myself, postin chronologically.

@SB #273:

1) I don't actually think you're scum but get the vibe you're detached from the game and it irks me.

2) So your unvote was a kneejerk reaction? Why did you find it necessary?

It's particularly interesting how you don't know where I stand on anything but felt perfectly fine to just vote me instead of asking me questions, like you're doing toward every other player.

uhhh this has nothing to do with my case's legitimacy, was there a point to saying this (am I scum) or are you just needling me for no reason? Day 1 I was not taking the game very seriously and even was entirely gone for the last chunk of it. D2 I'm focusing a lot more on the game. I did not find you scummy until Marf's flip prompted me to go back and take another look at your posts.

You could have just asked me instead of expecting a wall of text of reads from my... second post in the game? ... And then complaining about it.

I don't think my expectations were too high given you spent a lot of time talking to and about people but didn't make it clear what you were thinking. Hell, Marf was a main target but you only "acknowledged" the suspicion on him.

The Gorf vote rings hollow because even though there were people in a similar boat as Gorf, and other people who were targets, all you had was a surface-level case on Gorf which looked like it was there for the sake of being there. Pretty weak for the level of engagement you had in the thread (read: walls of text back-and-forth with J and Baldrick).

Also it's almost absurd how you using Gorf not having a concrete Mancer case as a point against him when your read on Mancer was all over the place in the same post.

About my overjustification on Mancer "in order to avoid fire", why didn't I do the same regarding Marf? As scum I wouldn't know which one would flip mime, so in order to "avoid fire" I'd have to overjustificate both of my votes. In the end it is curious how you say I was intending to lynch Mancer later on, when I actually switched to the Marf wagon when the former's wagon was bigger and more promissing than the latter's. This doesn't make much sense, because as you said I had an overjustification ready to be used as an excuse.

Who the mime was isn't relevant; Marf and Mancer were both town and scum!you doesn't care which one bites it. The overjustification is still scummy, it's like you're unnecessarily self-conscious about how town will take your switch to Mancer when you're really just consolidating.

Furthermore, his Mancer case was indeed meatless because it was, if anything, a push for him to scumhunt more while he was already scumhunting, when Baldrick could have focused on the players who were not scumhunting at all, such as Gorf or Kagume (I don't remember whether Psych falls into this category because he's been pretty much ummemorable this game imo). Makes me feel as if he chose the easiest possible case and went for it.

How is a meatless case that Baldrick will get flak for easier to push than a player who isn't doing anything?

You even mention in your posts that you do no like Baldrick or Gorf but you put stipulations to them. Like you want Gorf shot, not lynched and you want Baldrick lynched not shot. Can you explain your rationale a bit more here?

I felt Gorf was a possible jester after his D1 showing. Baldrick can be lynched or shot, not sure if he fits as Rapier's scumbuddy. The stipulations are mostly rhetoric; the only person I have a strong opinion about dealing with is Kagune, who I think should be vigged (his recent posts look like he is trying to be silly or something).

I'm not responding to the rest of your post because your Rapier defense is literally just "I don't agree with you, also you are posting a lot of words." What has Rapier done that looks "townie" to you? Your defense of him is really artificial.

Gorf's #298 sums up a lot of what I have to say about Rapier but tbh puts it better than I do. RE: not seeing scum!Baldrick though, besides my issue with his Mancer push D1 a part of it for me (apparently for SB too) is literally just meta in that I remember town!Baldrick getting a lot more engrossed in the game. Are you 100% satisfied with his D1 content?

Having thought about it, the other mime is probably Kagune or SB at this point. Vig should definitely be on Kagune. SB I think makes sense as a mime because the Bluedoom push is really the only solid thing he's done.

Don't have much time atm. I'll admit to not being particularly invested in the game, but I'm confused why you need to ask me why I unvoted when there's literally 2 confirmed mimes in a setup?

Prims, why are you asking Gorf to give associative reads on Rapier?

I'm curious what he sees. I'll explain once he answers, this is less me pressing him and more wanting to have a dialogue with him about reads and such.

Well, I fell asleep early last night, so have some bright and early votals in the morning. As always, if I've listed you wrong, give a holla.

[2] Rapier: Prims, Baldrick

[2] Baldrick: Rapier, SB

[1] Prims: LordKagune

Not Voting: #HBC J, #HBC Gorf, Refa

Gorf, how probable do you think it is that I'm mafia?Who makes sense as Rapier's buddy in your mind?

near improbable unless you had the audacity to bus rapier as soon as the Day starts. like, AS SOON as it started. if rapiers town the play still doesnt make sense cuz youre putting too much out there, i dont see it.

atm i dont care who makes sense as rapiers buddy.

I'd just like to throw this out there now before anything. If the person we lynch toDay flips town, vig do not shoot. This is imperative and I'll explain why. If the person we lynch toDay flips town then tomorrow we have this situation occuring.

Right now we have 8. If we ML town toDay then the ratio goes like this:

4v1v2

Then if the vig and mafia shoot town then we are at this:

2v1v2 which makes it *YLO at this point.

If only mafia,

3v1v2 which means we can still win.

Now if we do lynch scum(that isn't mime, cuz lol game over) then we should shoot whoever is our second highest scum-pick that wasn't lynched that day.

Right now since the day is beginning to end soon and there are two wagons at the moment, I am going to even it up because I do not want to see Rapier lynched because I do not think he will flip scum.

##Vote: Baldrick

Responding to other things now!

Sorry about this taking so long, I'll get around to posting soon. Honestly I just have a bunch of townreads (SB, J) and people I feel iffy on (Prims, Gorf, Flaker) and I don't even have a read on the two main wagons. Big mehs all around.

@J your vote is essentially consolidation halfway through the phase. Did you even reread me? Where is the extra evidence you said you were going to find before you voted? What do you find agreeable about Rapier's posts?

So I tried reading up and like... 90% of what happened reads as basically null, or "what the fuck is this".

After trying to get something beyond that out of Kagune's posts I'd put him as scum over mime just on gut, idrk how to explain it. It reads like he's kind of responding to pressure after getting called out rather than anything else? And voting Prims for something that happened ED1 seems more like a really bad scum attempt to bs a case than a mime thing to me for some reason? idk.

I wouldn't lynch Rapier because honestly I haven't read him in detail yet and don't have the energy to atm. Rapier is derpy enough that he makes people think that he scumslipped regardless of alignment which doesn't help matters at all. I'll try and get a read on him when I wake up but it's not happening now. Sorry.

Prims should be vigged at this point considering he keeps borderline trolling the game and I can see myself being wrong about him and him just being groupscum over mime at this point.

I'm reading through Psych's ISO first because the kill on him still baffles me. His reads are a scum read on Prims (which isn't that detailed but was his strongest scum read) and town reads on me and J. Maybe scum thought he was the vigilante/watcher/mime because otherwise I really don't get this kill (I'm pretty sure there were townier people who were pushing Prims if he was scum NKing people who were scumreading him).

Did the same for Mancer since confirmed town and all that. He mainly pushed Baldrick as a mime from what I can tell whilst pushing Gorf/J as scum. I'll pay more attention to Baldrick (who from what I remember hasn't really defended himself to any significant capacity), and from my skimming neither Gorf/J make sense as mimes (pretty sure J is town).

90% sure that Prims isn't Bluedoom's mime buddy. Someone earlier mentioned that the push was really forced, and I agree with them. Bluedoom isn't the kind of player who likes to call attention to his scumbuddies (see: QProgue where he barely mentioned me -his scumfriend- on D1 even though I was at the forefront of the discussion), and this just reads as too obvious to be legit. Only other people he mentioned are J and Rapier, who I think are town anyways so whatever (or at least not mafia scum). It makes sense for Bluedoom to push townreads/his buddy because otherwise he'd risk getting NK'd for being too right.

Fairly certain that LordKagune isn't scum either because in a game with a vigilante, no scumbuddy of his would let him be so blatantly useless. Yeah, it annoyed me too that he's basically a non slot, but I'm not going to advocate a lynch/vig on a nonslot unless I'm townreading every other slot (spoilers: I'm not); that kind of thinking leads to mislynches, not worth it.

Going to read actually alive people who are doing things next.