Mystery Mafia 2 - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised that Cop/IC/Masons seems like a lot of info power??? Want thoughts on this.

I'd be inclined to vote one of the masons outright were it not for the way they played the claim, they would've had to have committed to the claim very early on based on how they were crumbing and how Refa crumbed it 3 hours into the game. Scum commiting to the mason claim early on seems really dumb unless they think their partner can solo the game if they go down (which isn't unlikely depending on how many info roles the town has).

Basically, mafia sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbVlq0Fgvk

All it took was one misplaced view. Travis showed up again to kill this one, but then four people held him down when he wasn't expecting it and plunged his own dagger into him. Maybe now this society could be free from his tyranny.

Dear Sara,

If there's one thing I believe in... it's Them.

You are Flo, the Devout.

Reserved and gentle, you go about your daily tasks with a great reverence for a higher being. You have no idea exactly their disposition nor ideals, but you feel as if they are watching over you all the time. You don't go about advertising this fact, either.

After learning that you were called to discussions for Travis, you figure this was destined by the powers that be and that this was your calling. You believe that They wanted you to fight for this city as is, and this is your way of doing it.

You have no abilities beside your word and your vote.

You are aligned with The Society. You win when all threats are eliminated.

Prims, Blackhawk Stinger, Blitz, and RD have all been endgamed.

Dear Prims,

I understand. I may not necessarily agree, but I understand completely.

You are Brea, the Accepting.

You've never really liked conflict. You try and accept everyone's point of view, even if you don't agree with them. You tend to be a bit outspoken when it comes to opinions and how people should use them.

Your acceptance all of points of view is probably what landed you a place in the discussions. Maybe as like a more neutral arbiter, but more likely because you could sympathize with the wrongdoers. Steeling yourself for the inevitable conflict of opinions that will occur, you go in with an open mind.

Dear RD,

Yeah I just like... exist. It's okay enough.

You are Liam, the Floater.

You have always existed in the shadow of your older sister, and get a distinct lack of attention. You feel no motivation to try and make yourself more noticed than your sister, and just float around day by day.

You were called to the discussions by Travis, and you merely sighed and resigned yourself to your fate. You don't have anything to hide, nor any particular opinions, really. You just want things to go on as normal around here.

Dear Blackhawk Stinger,

I'll be over here... just letting everything wash over me. It's calming, you know?

You are Bison, the Observer.

You are a laid back kind of guy. You just sit back and observe all the things happen around you. You like it this way, and it makes for an easy way through life. You're still not even sure why you decided that sitting back and watching things happen was a wise idea, especially in this city, but barely ever question it. You also get easily distracted by events and people.

You're not even too sure how you got caught up in this mess. Maybe because you're always loitering too much? Who knows. In any case, you're here now, and hopefully your observational skills can help find the wrongdoers among you. Sometimes you wonder though, would this place be better under their rule than Travis'?

Each night, but only thrice during the game, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Observe USER. You will observe USER throughout the night, slowly gathering information about them. From this, you will be able to deduce whether USER is aligned with The Society or not. However, you are very prone to becoming distracted. If any player visits you during the night, you will distract yourself from your duties by conversing with them and as such will not perform your action, which still will count as an action use.

Dear Blitz,

Well, that's interesting... I wonder what it does?

You are Clyde, the Curious.

You've always been curious about things since you were young. Your curiosity has led you into the back alleys many a time, but no one ever confronted you, for whatever reason. You take a very passive approach to most things in your life, and find very little hassle for it.

Until now, that is. Travis had called you to the discussions, with the reasoning that no one really interacts with you. Understandable, you figured. You decided to contribute to the discussion whenever you felt best to interject. Quality over quantity, you always say.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X Curiously check around USER's location. You will inspect around USER's usual nightly position out of curiosity, and see who visits them that night, but only if they have not taken an action, and as such, left their usual position. Such a result will be given as No one visited USER last night., indistinguishable from no one visiting a player that did not act.

Leaving the mafia, SB, Weapons, Shin, and Bluedoom with a flawless victory.

Dear SB,

What, you thought you could get rid of me? How quaint.

You are Laura, the Returned.

Youve always had a likeable personality since youve been young. Youve also almost always been in the spotlight for various reasons. Not any more though. Having been dead for a while definitely takes you out of the spotlight. Now you're just quite bitter about what happened in the aftermath of the Runic War. You have always been a good schemer, considering you almost managed to control the remnants of Celestia past.

As it turns out, this isn't the first time you've dealt with Travis before. That snake stabbed you in the back, and quite literally he did, just before you could execute your coup de grace to take control of the remains of Celestia. Now you want revenge, and to take what was rightfully yours. You were revived by a group that tired of Travis's dictatorship, and you agreed to help them get what they wanted. No one really remembers you at all, which makes it all the easier for you to hide among the clueless drones that Travis basically engineered.

During the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X Disguising USER. You will use what skills you still retained from your idol days to make USER look like a member of The Society to any scans that relate to alignment. Clothes are important, you know.

It is not safe to claim your character. A fake Role PM is provided below:

Dear SB,

Always in the wrong place at the wrong time... gah.

You are Clare, the Meddler.

Mild mannered and always able to talk yourself out of a bad situation. You've been doing it all your life, considering the number of times that you've been seen in the back alleys standing over people that have been assassinated or similar. It's fair to say that you have not had the best luck in life. You have vowed to try and avoid such situations, but to no avail as of yet.

You have your suspicions why you were called here, with your bad luck and all. It's entirely possible that Travis actually believes that you could be a threat from all those times seen in the back alleys. You're not going to give up hope though.

You always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. As such, you will scan as mafia to any alignment scans during the game, due to people misinterpreting your actions.

You may talk to your teammates here.

You are aligned with The Usurpers. You win when your faction achieves parity of players.

Dear Bluedoom,

...What do you want? I don't want anything to do with you! Go away!

You are Gregory, the Cowardly.

You loathe people and everything they stand for. You've always been weak and quick to escape any situation, but even moreso since an incident in the back alleys which deprived you of sight in your left eye. You can't really go out into the main streets, so regardless of the danger of the back alleys, you stay among the shadows as much as possible.

You're not exactly sure why you agreed to help revive Laura, or how these people even managed to keep a conversation with you without you bolting, but here we are anyway. This group claims to be able to snuff out Travis and destroy this civilization, which you figure has to be better than dealing with all the other awful people in this place.

Much to your dismay though, Travis summoned you to the discussions. Cursing under your breath due to having to deal with all the clueless people, you begrudgingly take part in the discussions. You wonder when the best time to hide away is...

Passively, you will ##Hide behind every player that you target with any action. This prevents all actions that would target you directly, however you are targeted by all actions that your target is targeted by. This includes kills.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X Find USER's powers. While hiding behind USER, you will determine exactly what they are capable of using your only eye, giving you their role, but not their alignment.

You are aligned with The Usurpers. You win when your faction achieves parity of players.

Dear WeaponsOfMassConstruction,

Well you see, it was really quite easy to track you down. I'm pretty good at that.

You are Viola, the Hunter.

Very outspoken about your views since a young age, and unafraid to follow through on them, you settled quite easily into the Hunter's Guild of Celestia when you arrived here some 10 years ago. You spend most of your time going out of the city and attempting to hunt for food sources for the city. You still remain unimpressed at all the back alley deals that go on, a view not shared by your lover in the slightest.

Regardless of how much you loathe the back alley deals, Renard managed to convince you that if you could change this society, then maybe the back alley deals could stop. This required using the back alleys in the first place, since a direct approach would not work. Renard was one of the few who remembers the Runic War and the events that transpired because of it.

The only reason you are here in the discussions is very likely due to your ties with your lover, Renard, who knows about the Runic War. In any case, you want to contribute as much as you can to the discussions.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X Track USER's movements. You will follow USER throughout the night and determine exactly who they visited, but not why.

You are lovers with Renard, who is <USER>. If one of you dies for any reason, the other will follow immediately after out of grief.

Dear Shin,

I still can't believe what has happened here... why?

You are Renard, the Lovebird.

You are usually fairly submissive toward most people, most of all your lover, Viola. This is mostly due to events of the past, namely the Runic War. Being one of the few survivors, you feel despondent about what happened to Celestia because of the war.

You figure that the main problem in Celestia is Travis' rule. Unbefitting of yourself, you told Viola your plan to revive Laura using a necromancer in the back alleys. Normally you'd be shot down immediately, but you resolved to keep pushing for it. Viola relented on this and here you are now. You just need to finish the job.

Knowing about he Runic War, you believe that you have been called to these discussions since you could be a threat to Travis. That's mostly it, since you aren't anything special otherwise...

You are lovers with Viola, who is <USER>. If one of you dies for any reason, the other will follow immediately after out of grief. You have no other role abilities.

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/uh4gd5Gj5wqDy(mostly skype chat)

Night actions/actual formatting can wait. Go nuts.

a few notes:

that modkill actually shifted the numbers in a very not favorable way so i didn't really want to do it

scum got the best outcome for their night actions

numbers were bad in hindsight but previous point was also a thing so.

masons/innocent child should not coexist in a 14p setup, since they are functionally equivalent once a mason dies (mason is arguably stronger in some ways)

scum stop fakeclaiming masons it's actually really bad, and particularly in this setup (yet somehow no one clued on)

there is a reason for everything in my setups. sure, i will try and discourage rolespec but even then you still tried to modmeta me (and failed spectacularly)

i don't do red herrings unless it will make a low impact on the game, not something like "miller claim without a cop". i already did that anyway.

Edited by Curly Brace

that does not change my point at all.

another thing: nothing was rng'ed this game. i handpicked every single thing. i was particularly careful around my wording in the OP because of that.

[spoiler=Night Actions]N1:

Cop Elieson: Failed

Watch SB: No visit

Doc: lolded

Track BBM: No visit

Rolecop Poly: Cop

Lawyer: Weapons

Kill Paperblade

N2:

Cop Idled: No action submitted

Watch Shin: No visit

Track RD: No visit

Rolecop Blitz: Watcher

Lawyer: Poly

Kill BBM

i dont think the mason claim was a mistake based on what we knew since the lovers were well... lovers and this kept them alive. BBM probably should've loudclaimed rather than just going MAN TOWN SEEMS STRONG but I guess #manixgame meant rolespec was a bad idea

Also I know I probs shouldn't have pushed Prims anyway but I was itching to get him lynched just because it felt more... challenging? Idk it was dumb seeing everyone default to FFM/Randa/Eli honestly Ended up getting paranoid I'd get lynched today although for ONCE I was happy I had something decent to claim(Hider).

you had a lawyer and a role cop and 3.5 players

Like, in a game where the role power is really low scum randomly having an extra player for no reason fucks over the town

Edited by Paperblade

but lovers

and my role was such that if I had ever taken the nightkill I'd die that night without killing a townie(aka suicide)

So the scumteam would be fucked if you lynched lovers and SB

I guess the scumteam in general was swingy as fuck -.-

my role was hilarious because despite being a lawyer it was the only role that could get away with bussing my entire team

but yeah methodical is an awful modifier on anything but a cop imo

things that were in the setup at one point but got cut:

- 0/1 shot activist cop

- town 1-shot bp/bleeder replacing a vanilla

- town watcher/scum tracker/scum vanilla lovers

- compulsive visitor innocent child (to stop watcher from being able to watch them)

Them being lovers doesn't matter because if they don't get lynched town is working under the assumption the game situation is way different than it actually is because they think there is +1 town and -1 mafia than there actually is which causes them to play like they have an extra day, like they were itg

The *ylo announcement doesn't mean much because it's easy for mafia to trick town on that

The lovers should've been lynched though that was some BS

Edited by Paperblade