The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

LIx0fhr.png

Today, everyone, we're going to be playing a very new hack...

PhMHZJp.png

BLOODLINES!

So, this hack is, essentially, a giant bundle of amazingness. It does some INSANE things that seem to defy what would normally be possible with FE romhacking. The story follows a hero named the Tempest who goes around doing things. It's completed up to about 7 chapters, and each one does a lot of cool stuff.

But really, I could spend some time talking about the cool stuff it does, but it would honestly be better to see it for yourself!

The hack is made by Ghaststation/Uncle Ghatsu, and can be found here.

Time to fail to resist making a joke in...

The PRELUDE OF BLOOD!

CQdlyet.png

Pretty much all the game's graphics have been massively updated. They look great!

TH9EZ82.png

The game does the levels in a sort of "parts" style, with each part having multiple chapters. Just like FE10!

l5qJ2Wf.png

And we start with...

tjAkpvM.png

CUSTOM CGs!

As I said. No efforts have been spared for this hack.

N: Then man arrived, and together,

7jN0Ly3.png

So, we're talking about how snakes used to rule, then dudes came along, and everything was good...

quN5oMl.png

But of course, Man had to go and mess it up! Man, Men sure do suck! They're almost always at fault in these stories!

6ENQZVA.pngre2gwYD.png

These CGs are really cool.

QucPWyP.png

Now THAT is an epic name, to serve as an excellent narrative backdrop to our adventure!

zeNKNDD.png

We win! I mean, we were fighting snakes... how hard can they be to kill?

coEkvGQ.png

N: known as Dujuron, would form kingdoms all over the world.

Human-Animals? That's right, we're going to be having cute, cuddly, talking animals fighting for and against us!

yf5HXwN.png

Wait, what!? I thought we were using an omniscient narrator, not a third-person one!

O6dpY0i.png

Whoa, what? What's going on? Who's talking?

TVO6S5v.pngt0aXAfu.png

After I press A, the new text appears on top of the old stuff... cool, but also weird...

VzdHbC0.png

???: Comrades? …Speak to me…

Who is this guy? WHAT IS HE DOING IN THE WORLD OF ETERNAL BLACKNESS?

hgyQ5kR.pngLVQriOC.png

Suddenly, the dude appears! Who is he? We don't know...

Dude???: That voice… You dare…

e94tsfj.png

Suddenly, we start flashing back and forth between random events!

8HS0cUf.png

RNyaWdT.pngGCDGcjv.png

Lady???: You’ll need to do better than that!

So much randomness! WHAT'S GOING ON?

pkitlXs.png

81TQ0N1.png9mdk5ya.png

Who ARE these people? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Person???: Ignore him, my angel.

cXQe86I.png

The Dragon's gate? With downed soldiers!?

Dude???: Who… who’s there!? Stop tormenting me! Get out of my head!

feqioXK.pngDYWPrdR.png

Is this presence malicious!? Is it ANYTHING?

nbErk6s.pngmB9jhfd.png

I want to know the same thing!

And now we have to play the hack, to find out what happens. Clever, Ghasttation.

6YYnNuP.png

A lot of death sounds play... we walk up to see a sprite that's a snake, and a greenie die! Didn't quite catch it happening, though...

AccogkQ.png

And then the Hero dies!? Or maybe he just ran away...

pM20A01.png

And now, we join our REAL hero, who was just waking up from a dream! His portrait is quite nice.

VqXG9EH.png

He's been having not just dreams, but RECURRING dreams?

This is our protagonist, and he's destined for a long, difficult journey.

Bram: …Hmph.

QbCKKPZ.png

Who's this?

Bram: … That sounds like Jonah, urgh… Wake up now… Come on, pull yourself together, Bram.

DxJdnvp.png8jcEv5q.png8j5OcRs.png

Cool helmet-armed green dude walks around shouting for a little while...

HfOGCVz.png

Ed7EEL9.png

Bram: Jonah. What’s the matter?

Jonah: Huff… Huff…

Bram: Just relax, calm down, breathe…

a1knjbi.png

Uh oh! That sounds like a generic bandit boss name!

Jonah: He said he’s gonna rip apart what’s left of the village if you don’t show up and fight him!

5gvAQdL.pngkCrDJi1.png

Jane!? Who's that? Is it just a generic civilian or a love-interest type?

KFVRf9k.pngvw8swHK.png

Uh... should we REALLY be assigning some random kid to this job?

Jonah: Me!? But-

Bram: It’s a simple job, Jonah. A hero like yourself can do it, no problem.

Jonah: …I can?

Bram: There’s no time to wait; do what I tell you.

Jonah: Okay, boss!

Nice pep talk, Bram. However, I really don't have high hopes for the kid's survival.

Bram: Oh, how many are there?

IJkb3Te.png

He's too young to count! He can't evacuate civilians!

Jonah: three, six…

Bram: Hah, nevermind. Let’s go, kiddo.

Jonah: Okay!

2bAhkB1.png

There's only 5.

Nqud33Z.png

So, thing about this guy. He's ALREADY a semi-well-known hero who does stuff. It's just that now, his adventures are getting even more adventurous!

Bram: Focus.

AAbaCq0.png

Here we are at the town, having taken a generic civilian with us into the warzone!

o7D574u.png

Girl: hurt the Animals!

One-eyed king: Oh shuddup. You think I’m gonna listen to some little girl yap about her little Cats and Dogs? I’ll hurt who I want.

Another thing about this hack, most animal names are capitalized for some reason.

OUmwVUf.png

And apparently these bandits are quite hungry.

Girl: Oh, come quick, Bram…

You're not helping him set up a surprise ambush here, miss... Jane? Yeah, probably Jane.

One-eyed king: What you say? Bram? Yeah. The Tempest best show his face here. If he wants to mess with the Axe Arms, he’s gonna have to mess with me, the One-Eyed King!

Big words for a generic bandit!

YANzRYu.png

One-eyed king: Hmph. One man can’t stop us! Never, hahaha!

8pJvBc3.png

"Go hide"? That's a better command than "evacuate civilians". You go do that, kid!

Jonah: Yes sir! You must save Jane! Beat all these bad men!

9dNT8FD.png

As I said, Bram's already a hero. Who knows where these bandits are coming from, though...

Bram: Loyis… it would only take a handful of knights to stop these thugs.

Loyis? Who's Loyis?

JJ1Q43C.png

When suddenly, in comes this hack's MAIN SELLING POINT!

Seriously, the dog here shocked EVERYONE. Judging by the enormous positive reaction, I foresee a future of "dogs" become the "zombies" to romhacking!

Dog: Yap! Yap! Wuf!

Wf2r2aL.png

Evil fighter: dontcha? Yeah, you do. C’mere, little pup!

Why does everyone want to EAT the animals?

DeIR0pw.png8D02HqV.png

The dog's mad at him! This guy MUST be evil!

rO0a27h.png

The main strikes first, rather than backing away desperately saying "good doggie" like he should be...

ZesbJKh.png

Woah, this dog can fight! He dodges the axe, which makes sense...

zTUh3YC.pngTeLvcao.png

Then he does a flip, and BRUTALLY MURDERS the bandit in ONE HIT! What the heck!? That doesn't make sense! That was HORRIFIC! It was BRUTAL!

This dog isn't cute... he has an APPETITE FOR FLESH!

Kinda reminds me of my neighbors dog...

TBeKJ8U.pngCCKLnqd.png

He can kill a strong human in one bite! What kind of monster is he, indeed?

END DIALOGUE

HtCN3GP.png

Here's our map! We're starting off nice and simple, since it's the prologue and all. Believe me, that'll change later on, very fast. We don't have to worry about that quite yet, of course.

Gon6kig.pngvIB0zSC.pngZsqapuU.png

To begin, our hero! Judging by the class description, he's basically batman. This is reflected in gameplay too.

But wait, what past does he have? Is he a prince or something? WHO IS HE?

Also, note the weapon level screen. With some hacking magic, he made only the weapons that the person can actually use appear. Also, you know how in the original game you could select stuff like "sword level, bow level"... well, not anymore. The game just straight up won't move the pointer to it. Oh well, I think it's cool anyway!

zyuseib.png

The awesome Lord Sword! It seems like a standard rapier, despite the awesome sprite...

a6xTBtF.png

The new vulnerary! It's not buffed though, still only restores 10 HP.

zWxHWoF.pngt7fp06Z.pngVyhjjvy.png

And here is the MURDER DOG. Suitably, he starts out with a bit of XP from his first kill. I've never been particularly fond of dogs but for plot reasons, this guy NEEDS to be on the team. I'm interested in seeing his growths!

MVKZN5K.png

He has what is essentially an FE8 monster weapon. Fine by me.

pJnIRPa.pngpZ6oxkc.pngf8GFt4S.png

The generics are really weak. Also, note that almost all weapon icons have been modified, as another cool thing this hack does. I'll show off as many as I can!

IqRgV4G.png8xMPy1r.png

And here we have Yaulg. Despite a potentially cool "learned to fight without depth perception" backstory, he's really weak! He'll be easy to beat.

NEXT TIME: The MURDER DOG strikes again!

I'll include the growths next update. This one is long as it is!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, Bloodlines.

Enjoyed this hack quite a lot.

Especially the third chapter is much more interesting in the latest version. These NPCs are sort of unique.

Yaulg's portrait reminds me too much on Garath from DoF.

[spoiler=Dewey's output damage leaves to be desired a little bit in early game.]tooth = rapier

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Why does everyone want to EAT the animals?

This dog isn't cute... he has an APPETITE FOR FLESH!

It's a person-eat-dog-eat-person world out there. Honestly, though, the country you start in in BL /is/ probably seedy enough to have a culture of eating domestic animals.

i do wonder what this hack will be about, maybe i can stop calling it "that furry hack" in the back of my mind now

furry hack? oh, you should play FE4 Online

That dog is so cute....yet so murderous.

I love it. What I don't love is the first bow user. Not because of his character or stats, but because I can't really fight other bow users with him. Why? If there's anyone here who doesn't know, you will soon enough.

Oh yeah, Bloodlines.

Enjoyed this hack quite a lot.

Especially the third chapter is much more interesting in the latest version. These NPCs are sort of unique.

Yaulg's portrait reminds me too much on Garath from DoF.

[spoiler=Dewey's output damage leaves to be desired a little bit in early game.]tooth = rapier

I played the third chapter in one of the earlier versions, it was pretty ordinary. But, from what I read on the forums, I can guess what the new thing is...

this hack sucks bro

that dog is absurd

0/10

Ugh, I know! It's TERRIBLE!

That dog is so cute....yet so murderous.

I love it. What I don't love is the first bow user. Not because of his character or stats, but because I can't really fight other bow users with him. Why? If there's anyone here who doesn't know, you will soon enough.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, and I'll talk about him too. I like him because he has other interesting uses...

Time to watch a dog eat dudes in...

Bloodlines: Episode 1: Prologue: Boy Meets Dog

86pfVE6.png

As you can see, Dewey the murderdog can kill a man AND his horse in only 2 bites!

FOvLg3C.png

And getting stabbed with a sword only does minor damage!

(Admittedly, the sword didn't hit him very well...)

gLxMnQT.png

No talk? Okay,

HNuglYm.png

The Tempest himself here uses a custom animation, which looks cool. It's basically him using his 2 swords to double-slash.

TAFtcVJ.png

CHOMP.

How much horse-skin did he BITE? And he bit it so well the human on top died too! WHAT IS THIS DOG?

uhMruJ6.png

Wait is Stop now, btw. I'm having Dewey use cover to his advantage!

hRoOCMu.png

L0oVFyc.pngWlPDpHC.png

Ack! You saw Dewey's brutal murders!? Sorry, but, uh, uh... I can't pay for PTSD therapy!

Shocked guy: Please, stop this madman from taking what little that we have left! I can’t offer much, but here, take this. We are all praying for your success…

8GPrXIp.png

Luckily, small dogs ripping people in half is a common sight here, so we get a vulnerary!

dSynTKQ.png1rjdarV.png

So, a lot of the houses and stuff have different dialogue when Dewey visits them, since he's a dog and all. Of course, some DON'T, and it comes off as kind of weird. This one does.

yVlxnOf.png

PS8qMZA.png

N: and find what you seek.

So, Dewey found a note! This actually is part of an interesting and cool thing the hack does. On most chapters, there will be a hidden item somewhere, with something alluding to where you can go get it. This is the "clue" for this chapter, now we need to find the item!

pBRFZBx.pngcxogDls.png

Well, that was easy. I mean, it was obviously a tree... Yeah, that was the tutorial riddle.

vElween.png

Oh, cool! It's a red gem! Apparently, stamp-collectors will pay a LOT for their favorite stamps... and, every single shop and armory owner is a stamp collector! Must be a popular hobby...

38ktWNd.png

Oh, just noticed this. The stamp isn't the only source of money!

EV6zHcD.png62W5XJS.png

Get ready for a LONG BOSS CONVO!

Yaulg: Huh? Is that all you got to say to me? Come on now! Humor me before I kill you!

Bram: One-Eyed King… King of what?

Yaulg: What you say, scum?!

Bram: King of what? This poor village? Don’t make me laugh.

Yaulg: Say that again!!!

Bram: You didn’t hear me? I guess all that garbage you spew found its way into your ears.

Yaulg: Why you! I rule this town!

nEIC2mk.png

I love how Bram treats this guy as a D-list villain. Because he IS a D-list villain!

Yaulg: Say your prayers, Tempest!

CKtWkxz.png

Oh come on! Generic bandit bosses aren't supposed to be able to BACK UP their talk!

CWvx92X.png

I'm gonna use savestates to see the quote, even though this is blatantly suicidal.

pqljjII.png

Yaulg: What the?

Dewey: Yap yap! Rrrrr….

CuQj4jK.png9mTdMuG.png

You underestimate the MURDER DOG!

H5XViFF.png

Well, Yaulg was the only one to successfully kill him.

2WTDKXQ.png8dG7bt3.png

The game won't let him die, presumably so he can have a plot-related death later. Because the dog ALWAYS dies.

7InzbcC.png

Anyways, Bram finishes him.

FYXOy6V.pngUD98GPD.png

I wonder if we'll see these guys later... no, I honestly don't know!

6cMpeaF.png

Great! We'll see who the better protagonist is, Bram or the MURDER DOG.

You know what, that was really short, let's do the prelude now!

wLVe3LV.pngOca4ZOP.png

Oh, Jonah? He got in before Bram?

Jonah: Did they do anything bad to you?! Look, it’s Bram, and look, it’s Dewey too! Jane!

Jane: Jonah! Yes, I am fine, they didn’t hurt me too bad…

Jonah: Hey! Look! Your arm! Bram!

iQ6L76t.png

"For some reason, my arm had more blood on it after he licked it! And... the dog smells like death..."

Dewey: Yap!

Jane: Ack! Hehe! Dewey! Stop! That tickles!

4U1ukSc.png

Jane: Phew, I’m glad we’re all safe. Phew, am I ever relieved… Thank you, Bram.

Dewey: Woof! Yap!

Bram: Don’t mention it. All in a day’s work. Now, I think I’ll be going. Be careful you two. And the same to you, little guy.

WeMcxYo.png

So noble, not accepting a night's rest at whatever inn they have...

Bram: Yes, I am. Jonah, could you give Jane and I a minute in private?

Jonah: What? Oh, okay. Come on, Dewey! Let’s play outside!

2nfgNrg.png

Aw... so sad... Of course, it's no wonder they want him out of the room when he's trailing the blood of his enemies all over the floor.

WJ6lM6R.png

Bram: for a long time.

And so, the Hero leaves his home town!

Jane: What!? Why!

Bram: I’m going to pay a visit to Mayor Hollis and insist that he provides security for this village. The only way that you can prosper is with adequate military support. I can’t stay here forever, anyway-

bC4Uc5B.png

Services? Is this guy some kind of weird hero-mercenary?

Bram: It’s nothing personal.

Jane: But- but what about until then? What if we get attacked again?

5QWtPX9.png

Bram, you have literally no way of knowing that! The Axe Arms SAID they'd be back! Wait to give these villagers a false sense of security!

Bram: I’ll see you around, Jane. Tell Jonah I’ll be going on a vacation.

Jane: I *pause* worry about one thing.

Bram: What?

4PVfjoC.png

Jane: Did something happen to you recently?

IT'S THE DREAMS

Bram: Haha, what are you talking about? I’ve always been Bram, nothing has ever changed.

zPittBw.png

"He really likes you?" And so, the Dog following us on our journey is confirmed!

Bram: Sure.

Dkai9aY.png

We head outside... was Jonah eavesdropping?

JkNRZrO.pngL8u8sVq.png

Bram says a hasty goodbye to the dog, proving that Bram isn't particularly fond of him. And this, the Dog becoming a big part of the adventure is DOUBLE EXTRA SUPER confirmed!

bFiYMsX.png6cO3CVY.png

Jonah(offscreen): Hey Dewey! Come play!

uS5UYTW.png

And Dewey has a little doggie idea! I think I know what's going through his little doggie mind right now:

MURDER MURDER FOLLOW PROTAGONIST FOR MORE MURDER MURDER

ydjTXgZ.png

NEXT TIME: Guess who follows Bram when he sets out? Also, A FURRY ENTERS

Okay guys, I tried to do growths, but the ROM doesn't use any "ordinary" slots for the characters-I'd have to do digging I have no idea how to do to find them. It would be helpful if I could have a growths chart, but I couldn't find any when I searched the forum topic. We might have to go without growths for this run...

Hmm... The talk conversation should have been there? Its working on my end... try again?

edit: derp. Dewey initiates the talk conversation :P

Edited by Ghastly

Re: growths in Bloodlines, there aren't really any units with downright bad growths in any aspect. Even Dewey, who is considered a speed-oriented character, has something like a 30% defense growth. I'm not sure if there's any recruitable unit in the current patch who has a single growth under 25%. I don't blame Ghast at all because getting RNG screwed sucks, especially when you don't get a large amount of units to fall back on.

That being said: Ghast, hook Monkiker up with the character growths yo

edit: not fixing that typo. Moniker is now The Monk-Kicker.

Edited by Alusq

Hmm... The talk conversation should have been there? Its working on my end... try again?

edit: derp. Dewey initiates the talk conversation :P

Whoops. Dang, didn't notice... I'll try to get literally every single little convo in this chapter to make up for it!

Re: growths in Bloodlines, there aren't really any units with downright bad growths in any aspect. Even Dewey, who is considered a speed-oriented character, has something like a 30% defense growth. I'm not sure if there's any recruitable unit in the current patch who has a single growth under 25%. I don't blame Ghast at all because getting RNG screwed sucks, especially when you don't get a large amount of units to fall back on.

That being said: Ghast, hook Monkiker up with the character growths yo

edit: not fixing that typo. Moniker is now The Monk-Kicker.

Monk Kicker... Hmmm... I like it!

Hello everyone, today we're doing...

The PART 1-1 PRELUDE!

Warning: Surprisingly long update inbound!

bhuoxbv.png

qrh7iQG.png4Yu1j2w.png

And we're plunged into another dream sequence! Come to think of it, that guy looks a lot like Bram...

Bram-like dude: …What?

v4CFhQd.png

Mystery lady: recently.

Bram-like dude: Me? Haha; I’m fine, I’ve always been myself…

???

JRsjj2n.png

Hey! IS he Bram?

zrnveFi.pngUCYNYor.png

Note that Jane moves away from Bram(?) here.

Bram-like dude: I… can’t… Am I sweating?

3CoRkWE.png

eQ1M1O5.png

The illusion evaporates!

9bTLoiE.png

Bram-like dude: this feel so real!?

m54ClGw.png

And it's the voice guy again!

Bram-like dude: The voice… Please, leave me alone…

The Voice: What is your name?

4oqeN8f.png

And he turns back into Normal!Bram... I'm thinking the other guy is Bram! Or his long-lost twin brother... or maybe Bram is the long-lost brother?

5LSK9dr.png

The Voice: question, you will not drown.

PlSEzvd.png

There are several possible interpretations...

The Voice: The young man in front of you. What is his name?

Bram: I’ve forgotten…

The Voice: You’re lying. You shouldn’t lie.

Bram: …I’m not… lying to you…

QoVo49s.png6dpN6Hy.pngDNass7t.png

Someone's rousing him from the dream!

kMDGVIL.png

"Get Arf", the new slogan for this LP!

Bram: I… what?

QKRoDpc.png

It's the murderdog, isn't it? I, personally, would not like to be awakened by that thing...

Bram: Awaaaa!

CrZnWLZ.pngiNgbnlh.png

And we're in the real world! It turns out Dewey did indeed follow Bram!

Bram: What the hell!? Dewey!?

Dewer: …..

Bram: Just… give me… a second… I need to breathe… Damn… so vivid…

HRb8hLU.png

"Why does this drool look reddish?"

Bram: Should I be happy that you woke me up, or angry that you almost- haha- gave me a heart attack…

ypBpjUg.png

Eloquent as always.

Bram: A note? A really… slobbery note…

Let's read what it says:

Note: “Dear Bram, when you left, Dewey started to chase after you. We caught up to him and tried to bring him home, but he kept fighting back! Jonah said Dewey wanted to live with you. I don’t know about that. But you know what? You’ve been in a slump lately so we think you should give the pet a try. At least, that’s what Dewey seems to think! We both miss you! Please visit us! Or else we will come to you!

chRJ1pR.png

Sheesh! This note had quite a lot in it!

Note: Should know about Dewey.

7KPboJm.png

Or is it dirt? I mean, Dewey should have been dragging a "note" that big along the ground! Unless the handwriting is just REALLY tiny...

Bram: Sigh… Well, I guess I’m stuck with you, aren’t I?

Dewey: Yap! Yap yap!

STUCK WITH THE MURDERDOG

8b9UjSb.png

Bram: Dog food, a water bowl, a carpet. Hmmm…

Dewey: Sniff-sniff…

HBEoA9t.png

Bram: Well, I’m going to fetch some firewood. How about you make yourself at home?

dTb6wMs.png

cT4AUlT.png

Bram heads into that little forest patch.

A89aRDl.png

Bram: I wonder what the rest of the note said. Once it dries up, I can read the rest of it.

Bram: Hyah! I feel like those dreams are getting more and more vivid. It feels as if I’ve been having a harder and harder time separating them from reality.

OfKjmez.png

Bram: ….

jQSfyZM.png

Oh! What's gonna happen?

Bram: I know someone is out there. Well… come on out.

ulXHcGQ.png

What? The Voice in the real world?

Bram: Dammit… it’s that voice. What do you want from me?

The Voice: You already know what I’m going to ask you. What is your name?

Bram: Hmph. And you already know what I’m going to say.

The Voice: Well, you seem a lot more confident than you were before, aren’t you?

Bram: This isn’t a dream. You can’t make me see things and force me to account for them.

The Voice: Oh, not a dream you say? Tell me- what makes you so sure that you’re awake right now?

Ending: THE ENTIRE GAME WAS A COMA

PiV5YwP.png

Bram: Who’s Dewey?

The Voice: … …

Bram: What color is my headband?

cuvXTMd.pngyjxRqqg.png

The Voice here turns out to not be omniscient after all! The illusion is shattered. It should have just been content with dreams.

Bram: You’re dream-seeking me. And now you’re really close to me, aren’t you? So close, you don’t need to place images in my head?

The Voice: Clever boy… Clever indeed… Sleep with one eye open, then. I will find you. Your fate depends on-

Bram: !?

Suddenly, an explosion-noise sounds in the background!

i0IsNvz.png

ZmB2lHP.png

No enemies?

fDhw4RW.png8ACQXf9.pngfRgoVoq.png

And apparently, despite his huge dinner of human and horse skin yesterday, Dewey was still hungry!

HIS APPETITE FOR BLOOD CAN NEVER BE SATED. HE SHALL CONSUME HIS ENEMIES.

O62OMoM.png

"I knew it wasn't a good idea to prepare my food rare..."

YGEZiwK.pngRsqvjBQ.png

They chase each other around, Bram not really able to catch him...

REM0mBk.png

Little dogs can actually be quite fast. I've had dogs catch up to me while I was riding a bike... It wasn't pretty...

Bram: Outmaneuvered by a damn puppy. Dewey, get back here! Don’t you start-

Dewey: Mmm, num… mmm nom…

Bram: Bad dog! Bad dog! Ugh, I can’t believe this. This is so frustrating! Dewey!-

47KY4oe.pngBQ9D8p8.png

Whoa, another bandit attack!? On a bigger town, too?

Bram: Ah… shoot, Dewey, I need to go. Be a good boy and stay right here. Got it?

Dewey: Yap!

Bram: Hey! You stay here! This is business, so just stay here and don’t do anything! I mean it, Dewey!

Dewey: Yap? Yap yap! Bark!

He wants to come! He wants to eat more enemies!

lGBaWLt.png

Bram: Now do as I command you! Stay!

Dewey: *Whimper*

hn7Gcb3.png

Dewey is extremely saddened by not being allowed to join the hunt...

cApBms1.pngNSh71mC.pngrn7Bam5.png

And he has another little doggie idea! Probably with the same doggie thought process as last time, too.

CP9si6B.png

Cut to the town! It's not looking good for the defense forces! Three vs like 15 dudes... never good for the green army. They might have a chance, if the other two aren't generics...

7ZoXI0O.png

And here we have him! CRAZY BIRD DUDE! He's a magical Human/Animal hybrid, who is a bird who can fly and also has bows! It's totally cool, and I'll say more in a minute!

Crazy bird dude: Has no one seen the smoke? Victor, how is your leg holding up?

Zbe1Cbt.png

They're not generics! Well, actually, they are, Ghast just REALLY LIKES giving portraits to generic people.

Victor: however I’ve been rendered immobile. The most I can do is protect you here.

Crazy bird dude: Thank you, Victor. Donald, how about you? How are you holding up? Any better?

EZC3Nle.png

I appreciate how this hack isn't content with just a generic green soldier!

RcEuzAD.png

The point these guys are making is, they have "hold position" AI.

Donald: At least until reinforcements arrive!

Crazy bird dude: Thank you both.

ARcf3AA.png

Crazy bird dude: but I don’t have a choice. I gotta rescue Mayor Hollis.) Victor, Donald, I’m going to fly in and-

Victor: You cannot! You’ll be torn apart! We can still wait for someone to arrive!

Crazy bird dude: If we show any weakness… No, we cannot let these people think they have us! We-

UkIFp1r.png

"I was delayed by a murderdog!"

w6F0ILe.png

Crazy bird dude: The Tempest! Just what we need! Alright, the mayor is being held captive in the town hall beyond the bridge. But we’re pinned here… Hell, and we would need to break down the main doors too, we don’t have the manpower to do that though…

uyey6d7.png7eXVmGb.png

Mmm... Bandits with a plan?

FU2BlSN.pngtq63nBa.png

Oh, of course. Time for Dewey to solve another problem!

TufjvcF.png

Bram: Too late for that, though…

And that's the story of how this chapter is unwinnable and the end of the hack.

BKsD5AK.png

No, I'm joking. Dewey swims across the lake, his energy fueled by bloodlust!

uShrOLM.pngg11ofSH.png

He alerts all the enemies to his position! If the enemies come closer to him, he can kill them at his leisure...

zCBzLFO.png

Crazy bird dude: Dewey! I know Dewey! You know Dewey? I see him wandering the city from time to time.

But wait, how did you know his name was Dewey?

Bram: Yeah, he’s here because I told him not to be here. We sure lucked out though. I should have expected him to follow me!

Crazy bird dude: He’s yours? Well, speak of the devil, you know, about the small-

Crazy bird dude is acting kinda weird here.

pxeueCp.png

"He's ripped soldiers to shreds, feasted on their corpses, and once he ate my supper..."

apTrT23.pngm6zF03f.png

Bram: Militia? How are these men fighting off trained soldiers?

Malcolm: We thought these men were bandits… but they are as skilled as we are… We underestimated them…

BmZKvQx.png

An earlygame chapter involving people attacking a town... THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE BANDITS? What?

Bram: Duly noted. Malcolm, tell your men to stand guard and restrict entry from the rest of town. If we can escort Dewey to where we need him, I’m sure we can end this battle somehow. I assume you’re pretty good with that bow?

jNFcRIu.pngAz5i0OQ.png

If he's a pup, I can only imagine what he'll be like when he grows up!

Malcolm: Er- Alright, it was better than my idea!

Bram: Okay, Malcom, let’s go. Oh, and please call me Bram.

Malcolm: Ha! Duly noted!

Fight time!

END DIALOGUE

aClBtrM.png?1RSsrxJl.png?1VGkzvEt.png?1

BGYNMPH.pngZBIWyNZ.png?1Hx4sM8O.png

(All the maps in this hack look really nice. Even if I don't crop them quite right.)

So, as you can see, we're already having major battles! We have 3 units to work with this time, but one is stranded and separated from the rest of the group. Though, I bet that's how the murderdog prefers it!

tC9XsnJ.pngAn6nEAO.pnghiLzKZ7.png

So, as a unit, this guy is really interesting! Some hacks give archers magic, or 1-range, or other things to make them good. This hack gives them wings! (Well, there might be normal archers later, but that's besides the point). In exchange, his crippling weakness is that he can't fight other bow-users. But honestly, my own melee units can handle that! His job, in addition to normal flier duties, is countering other fliers, like pegasus knight! He's a flier who can kill other fliers well, and THAT is why I like him! We most definitely are using this guy!

jca8uO5.pngUmulm39.png

Confusingly, some of these guys are labeled "bandit" and others "zealot".

6Dbhanb.pngJsR1Qyy.pngzmaW3Mo.png

New icons with varying levels of alteration! Many of the tomes have been renamed, too.

D3OC2vs.png3XcnHwx.png

Here's the boss! Void is basically flux, but a magical boss at this point in the game can be very dangerous... We'll have to be careful about how we handle him!

Q8Dk3e5.pngaLGnZrq.png

XPO9LXX.pngrK8Tr90.png

I was entirely serious earlier-these guys are the least generic generics ever! If you don't believe me, look at the stats-they are clearly NOT the stats of recruitable units. Neither of them have much in the way of offense, but both have high defenses. They're not in danger of dying.

Well, that's all there is! Let's get to it!

NEXT TIME: SO MANY TALK CONVERSATIONS

Saleh had to get his ability to use light magic somehow, miright?

NEXT TIME: SO MANY TALK CONVERSATIONS

... Yyyyyeah... If you don't like talk convos and you play Bloodlines, you're gonna have a bad time.

Confusingly, some of these guys are labeled "bandit" and others "zealot".

I think that it's an error in this case, but there actually are bandits in this chapter in addition to zealots, so maybe it's intentional. Who am I kidding; Ghast probably added that cav in the events after all the other guys and forgot to change him to a zealot [shot]

lol,

yeah.

If you actively hunt for all of the talk conversations you'll be in Bloodlines for a while :>

LET'S DO IT ANYWAY!

Time to hunt for talk conversations in...

Bloodlines: Episode 2: Chapter 1-1: Part 1: Words galore!

Kr9O9oU.png

Welp, time to set the theme for this chapter!

lxKIhx0.png

Number 1:

sAJKDkc.png

Malcolm: Bram! Don’t worry about it; these wings can take me anywhere, you know.

Bram: Oh, right. You must be able to cover a lot of ground, huh?

Malcolm: Sure can! I’m lucky to have these wings.

Bram: Lucky? How are you lucky? All Voluprians can fly; It’s not luck. Is it?

BKg1jvl.png

Bram: Really?

v669R8F.png

I thought he was gonna say ostriches!

Bram: Really? Penguin Animals and Penguin Djuron… What’s the difference?

x3vUUqD.png

*Ba-dum TISH*

Bram: Heh, I look forward to more Penguin humor.

PoMJHnt.png

Malcolm's almost cute doing this.

Bram: Ahah, let’s finish this fight.

Malcolm: Right, I’ll fly well!

Wouldn't it be "shoot well"?

Speaking of which, we have to see his animation!

piBhakB.png

(I really wish I had gifs for these...)

Malcolm starts by flying up...

lhbgkx8.png

Pulls back, shoots,

LyHv1xj.png

And then flies to where he was before! Oh, and in his "resetting" animation he nocks another arrow.

osxHBvE.png

Oh wow, Dewey can actually swim in gameplay. Cool.

3JAktkP.png

I know I should be using him to attack, but waiting here is actually Dewey's best tactical decision.

4eACQXy.png

Malcolm: Aren’t you just the cutest little thing!

dt7BWkO.png

He's only cute until you see him attack his enemies!

Malcolm: Ooh, I wish I had a treat for you. Be careful out there, little guy. I’ll protect you!

Dewey: Yap yap!

Ib4rdJ2.pngO2iEnh4.png

Good question, Malcolm. Dewey can kill a horse in one bite and a man in another!

pXdxNFa.pngl9xGfRy.png

These mooks aren't too great.

N84IjhV.png

DEWEY SHALL FEAST ON THEIR SOULS

Z87t3O8.png

Murderdog can handle ALL opponents!

mnkR09b.png

Oh snap! Bram's critical! He starts by slashing the enemy a bunch...

9pnV05H.png9evoyZo.png

Then he pulls back and basically SLICES THEM IN FOUR. Wow.

YeBGUtF.pngZhwjcI6.png

His Ashyx is VERY good at critting, we'll be seeing this happen a lot.

4tkXLiK.png

These guys can't do much at sit there, but they're REALLY GOOD at sitting there.

k5KjuaW.pngdNV4rHo.png

Oh, what? Event!

Mage guy: missing out on this… It seems like being told to hide from these bandits was beneficial after all. But I think this wealth of artifacts has been thoroughly searched… Perhaps I should double-check? Ah, there’s no time for that anymore. I should help the militia as best I can now.

Z8EMBud.png

And he comes out of the ruined house to help us out! I'd best get Bram over there.

dbI0OYf.pngTtMuYnS.pngRiNJMaw.png

He comes equipped with good-but-not-too-special stats, a renamed fire tome, and a D-rank in magic! Great! We're using him.

LoOqVGs.png

Defenses, nice!

LcrGgPc.png

Malcolm's gotta fly over to the top house, I'll explain why in a minute. Don't worry about murderdog, he'll be okay.

EHM2xr7.png

Uhh... what?

So, this is another hidden item thing... there might have been something pointing to it in the chapter, but I didn't find it. I found this thing totally by accident!

HMMM. I WONDER WHAT GIMMICK THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL HAVE.

Sd8Mw9M.png

It's possible for Agalli to lose against this Zealot, particularly if the Zealot crits. You'd have to be pretty unlikely, but it's best to help him anyway.

cvvdLvJ.png

This is why I love Malcolm! He can swoop around and KILL these annoying things! Particularly when they decide to be insane and carry one of the heaviest lances in the game!

AFHcTdq.png

Team! Now!

uNDxVHB.png

Agalli: I did, but I was instructed by the militia to hide in the ruins west of here. Though I figured I could be of some assistance. My name is Agalli. Pleased to meet you.

Bram: I’m Bram- your skill in magic is pretty helpful, and we could use all the help we can get.

Agalli: Indeed you could. Especially if these men are who I think they are…

Bram: What?

IUgbSRC.png

Hmmm... Yeah, these guys definitely aren't normal earlygame bandits.

Hey, at least he's on the team now!

w8nOz8m.png

Clearly, sending a dog to do our shopping couldn't possibly go wrong.

Come to think of it, where does Dewey carry it all? I mean, humans have pockets, but Dewey has pretty much JUST his mouth. How does he carry weapons, healing, and stamps while still being able to bite enemies?

I guess murderdogs find a way...

6xmUITl.png

...So disappointing.

VozlNxl.png

Ah! THIS is why I sent Malcolm over here! This bandit's going to go for that house, and Malcolm is the only one who can stop him.

Fun fact: On my first run, I assumed the house was safe, and Malcolm was on the other end of the map when the bandit showed up. Bye bye house.

nxzJYnl.png

That's right, even the not-generic NPCs have talks!

y98YZr6.png

Victor: I feel like it, too.

Bram: Take it easy, then. You shouldn’t push yourself any further.

Victor: I intend to stay here. I should be able to manage well enough if I stay in position.

Bram: Good.

Victor: You truly think you can take them on your own?

Bram: I hope so.

Victor: If you feel overwhelmed, let us be your fallback.

Bram: Thanks.

GPyYVDT.pngktLfesq.png

THESE FOOLS ARE NOTHING FOR MURDERDOG

(Yeah, the second one is a crit)

zVs0dkp.png

The bandit is quite challenging... Malcolm must prepare!

Mv8J5Gd.png

PmZiFFU.png

Bram: You’re welcome. Your horse looks pretty roughed up. Maybe you should take it easy.

Donald: I’ll be alright as long as I don’t push myself. I’ll leave the roughhousing to you young folks. I’ve got a family to return to!

Bram: They really don’t pay family men enough for this line of work.

And that's some more talks taken care of! No, we are not done.

Hxb11hn.png

Loot time!

VwVG5bi.png

Old lady: Are you aware of the enemy you face? You’d do well to protect yourself against his dark magic. Take this, young one. Also, be wary… If my old eyes don’t deceive me… I saw some ragged-looking thugs a but northwest of here. They seemed bent on finding something… or someone. Watch your step now; I wouldn’t walk these roads by myself.

She must be going senile, giving handout to random dogs.

caKUsIz.pngJopIyDg.png

Anyways, the boss is officially trivialized!

uSLixYe.png

I put this off too long. It's time!

d8MLXjU.png

Not much but it's all we really need. I take one of each.

sNR16Xu.png

Also, Bram's money is only 500 gold. That's only enough for 1 cheap weapon!

ub9Gb7h.png

DIE KNIGHTS DIE

fnNAeMa.png

Malcolm finishes his epic bandit battle!

MtYaTwA.png

Blagh, what a bad start to leveling!

qO6WMqm.png

These two also talk.

1eyqnvH.png

Dewey: …

uyJYYWW.png

Wait, Dewey being ludicrous and disproportionately powerful is actually a plot point?

He really IS a murderdog!

Agalli: (No, not magic. I’m not sensing any mystic force. Perhaps if I were an Animal myself, I would be able to understand you. But for now, I am lost. Studying you will be a journey in and of itself.)

XfZtIgy.png

Dewey sure is quiet around this guy.

1PjQHgR.png

Agalli finishes the armor knight, leaving just the boss's troops. This is all he gets for it.

NEXT TIME: More talking! Dewey events! And we find out what's in the weird island house!

You're sure pursuing all those talk events doggedly, aren't you?

HA. HA. HA.

just be happy you don't need to read them out loud!

Does this statement have anything to do with the youtubers that played this?

Time to play a good hack in...

Bloodlines: Episode 2: Part 1-1: Part 2: The Master Dog Thief

UBrMAca.png

Here's how things look right now. We've got most of the map cleared and now we're wrapping up.

GHkbHyz.png

Let's get our reward for saving this house!

9XcNWia.png

Bowman: them down with this! Aye, I gotta admit… you stopped em good. Listen, youngster, I can’t use this liked I used to… How’s about you take it? Do good with it; this is a rare thing I got here! Good luck!

p3bYqUE.png

Good for Malcolm! I'm glad to have this!

uenuX8D.png

Dewey/Bram? This one feels like it should've been done first, really.

3RXi3H2.pngVhE3jPk.png

RUN BRAM! HE HAS HIS MURDER FACE ON!

Bram: I don’t even know what you’re so salty about. You got to eat. I didn’t get to eat. And that was the first time I slow-cooked. So I’m not going to apologize for getting cross at you.

Dewey: Orf. …

Bram: …

Bram: Hmph. Let’s just get back to the fight.

V2NoGI1.png

Somehow, Bram manages to escape without dying!

VKM348e.png

These guys most definitely can't be lured out. Dewey will have to do this.

4sAabui.png

So, I just have to wait here?

d4S3ufO.pngX5H8beO.png

Dewey: Woof! Woof!

j9SviXn.png

And then nothing? Maybe I just have to wait for a minute.

ndub5GX.png

In the meantime, let's do ANOTHER talk!

VYuE3nd.png

Agalli: you. I am Agalli.

Malcolm: Hi! Sorry you got mixed up in all this… We weren’t supposed to be this overwhelmed… You seem like a smart guy… Would you have prepared differently?

Agalli: What was your counterattack?

dGr628E.png

It's a good thing I'm here with the tactics, otherwise these guys would be dead!

Agalli: Malcolm, do you play chess?

Malcolm: Not really, why?

Agalli: It’s a very strategic and methodical game. The concepts translate well onto the field. We should play; I think you would learn a thing or two. Let’s resolve this issue first.

Malcolm: Umm, if you insist!

I think that's all the talking. Don't worry, there isn't nearly as much next chapter.

iIHHvc6.pngiop9JCf.png

After ending my turn, the cursor tracks Dewey as he travels into the boss's lair!

prfw47J.png

Am I the only one weirded out by the boss's mook looking cooler than the boss?

Boss assistant: They have been able to make strides in piercing our defenses. How should we proceed?

Boss: So the rumors are true then. This man is no mere commoner.

hDSqZcc.png

Boss: We can hold him off until our master brings reinforcements.

We'll see about that!

V4pHMUA.png

YPABxQ3.png

Dewey tramples the poor minions under his paws! Multiple times!

4Lh9k94.png

And then makes his hasty escape.

JnlEI7b.png

Boss: have found his way in here.

Boss assistant: Are you safe sir? Did that animal harm you in any way?

Fy73kav.png49W3bPe.png

"IT'S MY ARM, HE BIT IT OFF"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH"

1CnQcCo.png

And that's the story of how we beat the chapter!

But the events aren't done yet, oh no.

dywgoGm.pngHrPXQBh.png

Generic: if we brought him back! Let’s get him! Ho ho ho…

Generic 2#: Hu hu hu…

Generic axe arm troops show up! Oh well, it's not like they can win on their own.

zteah6P.pngROJgpZT.png

!!!!! Woah!

So... Now we have mermen to add to the animal-people count! And they are most certainly NOT on our team!

zptogMi.png4IMeSaz.png

These guys are just generics despite the crazy portrait. They actually have really wimpy stats despite all the hyping the event gave them.

zktcgLe.png

The generic axe arms are here too, and they're generic.

KuW0eZm.png

Instead of just moving forward, and killing them while they're separate, I retreat because I want to test something. Specifically, I wanted to know if the two groups would fight each other.

qYxVbCk.png

They didn't, and fought me instead.

rpfsDZc.png

Dangit, and I was doing good too! Oh well, definitely a tactical error on my part.

9D4dNG4.png

Yeah, it took me a few tries to get out of this one.

fnp6XHG.pngnQQI2MR.pngXhUj1gZ.png

SPOILER ALERT: MALCOLM HAS STORY IMPORTANCE

mBx0QVy.png

Eventually, we succeed!

VsI8WpN.png

Dangit Malcolm! You're a bow user! BE ACCURATE!

XNuWUvC.png

Dewey gets the kill instead, for a significant profit.

BpVz0vi.png

Oh look, there's one we missed.

WbBjcPk.png

Donald: I’m alright.

Victor: What he said. Though, it is frustrating to be sidelined like this…

Malcolm: You’re are still important to the cause! You two have done enough; we can finally turn up the volume and strike back.

"Turn up the volume?" That analogy didn't exist in medieval times!

Victor: I like the optimism, Sir Malcolm.

Donald: Let’s get busy then!

Well, that should REALLY BE ALL of them!

NCsfJDT.png

We're really clear now, and ready to kill that boss!

fHfFMOo.png

Go team! Let's get in there!

PnarYxg.png

Ow ow ow! I'm lucky the boss doesn't move.

CamZ2mr.png

Ultimately, his 2 mooks drop easy.

ieoZAgN.png

Finish this crazy chapter, Bram!

fdWudLQ.pngYp0a7B1.png

Boss: Do not mock me! Die, in the name of the Red Lustre!

Remember that name! It's probably important!

X5Lf4rc.pngKjU8FKs.png

It takes a bit, but we ultimately win!

Fb9Rtq8.png

Finally, we're finished...

NEXT TIME: An update that's 100% dialogue, instead of a lame 50% dialogue!

nQQI2MR.png

See, Malcolm, this is what happens when you don't put on your murdеrface in the morning.

... On this subject, though, I still think that ch1 could do a better job introducing Malcolm as a main character/lord, although I'm not sure what else it could do differently aside from having Vicks and Don mention that they rallied behind Malcolm as a natural leader and everything will go to crap if he dies. The fact that his portrait is pretty plain (aside from the whole "he's a bird, he's a plane... no; he's a Voluprian!" thing) doesn't do him any favors either.