The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

*stuff*

So, Sarka was actually our target ALL ALONG! Also, it's a pity about the map edits... I mean, some of them were still functioning, and I wasn't paying THAT much attention so stuff was probably going on where I wasn't looking, but still. If you ever finish it, I might do another LP!

So, today we are starting a new LP: TACTHACK! It's made by MaskedRaider, who apparently hasn't been online since September, so I don't think there's any point in PMing him for growths. I'll do it anyway, though. Now, Tacthack isn't PARTICULARLY amazing, or good, or special(though the commentary possibilities shall be endless...), so the main reason I put it up there at the start was because it doesn't get NEARLY enough attention for what it is. It's a 10 chapter hack, and the original thread has as many posts(no really, look here for the hack)! Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more views! It's kind of a diamond-in-the-rough thing...

Now, there is ONE thing special about it, and that is what is going to make this LP amazing. It has an FE13-style tactician, in a preset class, which means I will be able to interfere with the course of battles MORE DIRECTLY THAN EVER BEFORE! All out-of-character text will be in [brackets]. So, let's begin!

Tacthack: Episode 1: Prologue: Sailing on the open seeeaaaaaa

OCAKFSW.png

[No custom title screen. You should be getting used to this by now.]

TuhlIQV.pnglhpCpJp.png

2YCfHSD.png

And thus, A HERO IS BORN!

QdhF2bG.png

cfviYJQ.png

Here I am, doing one of my favorite activities, writing in my journal! Let's see what my thoughts are!

Journal: a simple title, taking after the name of their island home. Shortly after my employment, I find myself here, on a boat to the mainland of Fadrel. Heading for the kingdom of Bervinnia on the eastern coast, the Captain of my new company hopes to make his fortune.

IKtlffA.png

I am a mercenary, who will soon overthrow my captain with tactics, but there's only three people in our "company". I don't see us getting hired like that!

J: However as the newly appointed tactician, I am prepared to test my abilities in the pursuit of that goal. I-

Oops, I scratched my pen at the end there, and it conveniently created a historically-accurate interruption dash! Today must be my lucky day!

5KRtL1h.png

Who interrupts my IMPORTANT WRITING?

ctFKuw8.pngZCN9O5K.png

A register-person! I've always been a stickler for proper registration.

xh82KrF.pngEDxUkKs.png

What, you don't accept me just telling you? What if its a dude with long hair?

*sigh* fine.

JDUWSx5.pngtO5CLZ4.png

And there he goes. I will now forget to put my hood back up for all eternity.

DNLHw7J.pngyLA0Ot0.png

And the "captain" arrives. He wants me to think he's checking up on me, but I know why he's really here. He wants to stare at my awesome blue-green hair.

I don't know what's up with the other guy. Is he secretly half-wolf?

Moniker: Simply taking notes, Captain.

Algimas: Just call me Algimas.

F7mV28T.pngpLzKjN6.png

"Follow sayings in quotes, because they will always save your life somehow later."

Moniker: An old maxim by my father.

Algimas: Hey c’mon, we’re mercenaries! You sure your father was thinking of us when he said that?

Moniker: As sure as I have and always will be, Captain.

Algimas: …

Beardo: Hahaha! Algimas, I don’t think this one’s gonna budge.

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THAT WAY TO YOUR UNOFFICIAL CAPTAIN.

Algimas: Well, if it’s important to you- Oh, wow! Come look over here.

pvrMyh2.png

Algimas: The land of our fortune to come. Just think; in a couple of years, everyone on that scrap of land will know our name.

Moniker: Ah. I can’t say the coastline looks different from home, but-

THGnJ4b.png

SSHHH! I'm noticing something important!

o9V3A5C.png

See? SEE? LOOK!

sDZ4aBM.pngtS8Y3Dr.pngp1s4JZn.png

It looks like we have a fight on our hands!

s52Sm23.png

They murdered the soldiers! It takes an effort not to choke at all the clearly visible blood. I guess I'll get used to it.

JH3D9b0.png

And the civilians fleed, instead of trying to help! Cowards!

Blue bandit: Kill the captain, throw all the passengers in the brig and loot ‘em.

["loot 'em"?]

MaYjYqy.png

Algimas: Well that isn’t good. For them. Heh heh heh.

Moniker: Captain?

Algimas: Well, it looks like this is our lucky break, Moniker.

5BSJid9.pngbVT0KqX.png

There's no one left BUT mutineers, but considering at last count we had 0 gold of funds, we kind of need to.

Moniker: I’m not sure about that… But the alternative doesn’t seem nice.

Oh, don't be a pussy, me!

zESDAbp.pnggHOD4pV.png

There's only one choice left, MURDER!

rpKirR4.png

Yes, that's what I JUST SAID. Get some new material!

ej4P7T2.png

Algimas: if you don’t mind.

Ernst: It’s like you read my mind.

KFBS3dE.png

The merc tries to cut him off, but he just walks past. Hmm, maybe the guy's tougher than he looks...

8jCKkwK.pngIi7ithI.png

Algimas: Moniker, here’s your chance to show me why I hired you.

Wait, I thought I hired you? No, that's definitely what happened! GET OUT THERE, SERVANT!

[END DIALOGUE]

GDdTz4F.png

YbdiO99.png

Us, against all these guys! But, I'm sure we can with my genius on our side!

g84fJh2.pngirCc3ye.pngbH7v3yD.png

This is our main assistant for the battle! His official title is LEAD MANSERVANT! He seems to be a very well-balanced fighter, and he has plenty of healing items. I'm sure he'll survive whatever situation I toss him at.

uXEFOKX.pngk7HvQjs.png0gvXKBF.png

But forget that loser, THIS is who is most important! It's me! I can walk around, hitting a stat most enemies don't have! My stats are amazing, and will never let me down under any circumstances!

haSWtGO.pngOmFTYJr.png

The enemies are lame compared to me, and their nametags are messed up! Yeah, we can take them easy.

5cONawt.pnga8kjQ0R.png

Using my DARK MAGIC, I can detect the names, items, and prowess of far-away enemies! And that is all the specifics anyone will get. This guy should be extra-easy to beat!

ZBY7EpB.png

Get started, lead manservant!

u0jiRpk.png

I'm right behind you! You take the pain, I'll take the XP!

xGvqw83.pngeWgBwMu.png

And again! We should keep this up, so I can keep working on my stats!

KxZ7DjX.png

Okay, the first two are gone, and I think I can take this one!

3aGpxPC.png

Ahh! AXE IN MY FACE! GET IT OUT GET IT OUT GET IT OUT

MNxT2sL.png

Blue bandit: Guess it’s up ta me.

MY BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE

09jmDoJ.pngDfhYrdL.pngkLjmkAw.png

NO, LEAD MANSERVANT, TEND TO ME, I SEE YOU ARE MISSING AN ARM BUT I AM MISSING A FACE

z0lH3Tp.png

*gasp* It's... getting dark... hard to concentrate... I hit anyway because I'm amazing...

ZeH3WoI.png

Lead manservant... kill... stealer...

5XfNhtN.pnglnuNVHq.png

Did I see only one muscle grow slightly bigger... lead manservant... you have to do better...

77al6qw.png

Face... missing... help...

*one long medical session later*

5ibtsTl.png

Phew... better. Get to me sooner next time, servant!

Moniker: It was more… chaotic than I thought it would be. Even at such a small scale.

But, I'll keep things better ordered next time!

Algimas: *text skip* Looks like I made the right choice in hiring you.

Hey servant, care to repeat that? You said it really fast...

aWVAnFy.pngnKrRUSv.png

Good, we're not the only ones left alive! I'd hate to have to sail this thing, since I took Sailors Ed 101 but never the advanced course...

hpshwXx.png

Ernst: There was nothing triumphant about taking care of three or four runts who couldn’t tell their left from right.

Algimas: How unfortunate. Hmm? Who’s the kid?

Ernst: Don’t know, he just helped me out below.

X8Fovi8.png

Oh! Did you pick up a new servant? We can ALWAYS use more of them!

Kurtis: When I saw Sir Ernst fighting below, I had to help!

ePLkAZQ.png

He's respectful! GET ON THIS TEAM!

Ernst: I think I like you already.

Algimas: Well, Kurtis, how do you feel about making a name for yourself alongside ‘sir’ Ernst?

Kurtis: I-I’d love to! I mean it would be an honor!

Algimas: Then welcome aboard, Kurtis.

GHpZDtk.png

Because I'm curious, what plans did you have before we offered you the position?

None? Okay then, moving on...

Moniker: I believe it would be prudent to release the ship’s Captain and the remaining crew promptly. That is, if we want this boat to sail anywhere.

Sailing 101 never covered "everyone on the ship is dead, balance for the sin of the angle(squared) their weight adds". Mind, I could probably do those calculations on my own, but...

Algimas: Oh, right. Ernst, you come help me with that.

CPmgfVW.png

Ah yes, relaxation time! Bring me a smoothie, would you?

Moniker: Yes, Captain.

85Vc4j7.pngkLnjuJO.png

And so my amazing life enters its next [literal] chapter...

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would be cool? If you could choose your class like in FE12. Or if you could use a "second seal." although I'm pretty sure the latter an only be done in FE8.

Edited by momogeek2141

I like how people are coming out to show support for the hack the creator probably thought was under-appreciated! Anyways...

Showing today, starring Moniker...

Tacthack: Episode 2: Chapter 1: Carry Van Troubles

q1ZOMq3.png

lpI1f0f.png

Journal: Upon reaching port five days ago, the Captain set out to find employment. He had found a job as a relief guard for a small caravan coming into town from the south. The job itself is simple as is its pay. In fact, it is barely enough to cover the costs of lodging, a point the Captain readily brings up ad nauseam. A favorite phrase from my father springs to mind, “Diligence during even the smallest of assignments will garner trust in your abilities.”

Well, looks like we're doing a bad job for loser employers. Surely, nothing could go wrong.

fWXXPfF.png

Algimas: job that was available I wouldn’t have taken it! The guild is full of the most miserly shills alive! Thinking they can get away with 750 gold because “It’s only halfway!”

You know, captainservant, we didn't exactly see you trying to haggle.

Myrm guy: Well we should just move on to the next town after this, hopefully it will be the last we see of them.

Moniker: I would have to agree. In addition to the meager pay, they have not even arrived at the designated time.

Algimas: Tch, now they’re just wasting our time… Though, we might be able to squeeze some gold out of them for this.

1H0xxBX.png

Yes?

Algimas: Hmm? What is it Kurtis?

fI71KI8.pngrzw77vd.png

Quick everyone! It could be ANYTHING! Bandits, the evil sorcerer villain, soldiers from some really evil nation...

AHdSGdV.png

Oh. Oh no. It's just a cute girl.

O2O2rto.png

Moniker: Are you from the caravan? Has something happened?

l9Ltm4C.png

Moniker: !?!

To be honest, this wasn't unexpected.

o6lktte.png

Haylyn: O-one of them let me go. Please… we need to get those supplies into port.

One of them let you go?

Moniker: Can you lead the way?

Haylyn: Yes!

aeR9gCD.pngQiJ1EWT.png

What? My motto is "It's never too late for murder"! We find the bandits and kill them!

RcZAjMf.pngawkA1GS.png

sP1abbr.png

Oh, good. I don't like to waste energy walking too much before the destruction.

TUIv5Hh.png

Evil bandit: Thank your friend for spilling the news on the other guards. We’ll take your lives and your things now. No hard feelings.

lWvJ3td.png

They all stepped out of the forests. They must have been hiding...

1pQd9bO.png

X144xNy.png

YES.

95JDrm6.png

And earlygame brigands, at that!

FwES93x.png

[END DIALOGUE]

tQ6LHzr.png

She pointed out one of the brigands. I think this is worth investigating...

Y5JszLa.png0cwCYMF.png

2jHbRKg.png

As you can see, we're surrounded by quite a few enemies. But, with the new servants combined with my genius tactical prowess, this really just shouldn't be that big of a deal.

[in the old map, you started up top and then had to protect some allied merchant units. Not here, I guess. Maybe it was too difficult.]

Before we do anything, I must analyze my new pawns:

ZETPirH.pngRjDSt6s.pngftXYSvJ.png

This guy's official title is lanceservant, and he seems to be very similar to our captainservant. Let's hope he proves himself useful in his own way.

vIEvYMy.pngHaGLL4p.pngkXo7KpI.png

I never got a chance to study him earlier, so I'll do it now. I dub him crutchservant, because I don't think we'll be needing him forever. For now, he can help damage enemies.

bUZzLK0.pngqjDsmEU.pngdhbD94u.png

Her name is healservant, and she will be providing an extremely important function for our army. Let's hope she stays once we're done here.

CHAlUT1.png

This is the enemy healservant pointed out...

CwZZUaJ.pngaYSrpfA.png

He looks capable! If we get him on the team (more than likely), he will be called axeservant.

[i... may have misplaced a screenshot...]

3nymF4i.pngqgCp7bv.png

Lanceservant leads the charge, politely leaving a way for me to get a kill.

kLmIgww.png

Speed and power are important.

ATd7P5r.png

Excellent! ...But why is his skin glowing orange? Let's hope he rectifies that before getting on my team...

d30TlL4.png

Let's not waste time, healservant!

lAGrQzF.png

Martell: You… What are you doing here? I told you to run.

Haylyn: Why did you let me escape?

Martell: You are a priestess, if I am not mistaken. I could not bring myself to kill a servant of the gods.

Haylyn: If you could not stand such a sin, then why do you consort with bandits?

Martell: This is all I’ve known for my whole life. Surely a lowly soul as I am beyond redemption.

Haylyn: But the fact that you believe so proves you wrong.

Martell: Wha-

6545Y2K.png

Haylyn: The supplies you took are vital to people’s survival. Will you help us in recovering them?

PThtX2c.pngHYYCDPz.png

v89KVjy.png

Excellent job, healservant! Now, GET BACK TO WORK!

GGpk8RL.png

He changed pants! How did I not notice that?

H9qICzd.png

Is he... winding up to throw something?

Hs9rBRK.png

Well, I can't complain with results.

JhJfTf3.png

Perhaps I underestimated you, lanceservant!

AMsExUs.png

What!? Nobody left for me to kill? Dangit, lanceservant!

Mw8ljWb.png

Oh no! It went... straight through my back... somebody... please... I think it's in my lungs...

vo2Liid.png

Much better. Healservant, you have this down!

S4iURjX.png

Another magic user! STAY BACK, I'LL HANDLE THIS.

DIfJc5V.png

Excellent start, lanceservant! Keep getting levels like that, and you'll do well.

rdUhRd3.png

A pathetic practitioner. He just couldn't handle me.

QglBkTw.png

Axeservant, this isn't a good way to start your first day!

xFT6BPR.png

See, look at lanceservant. He knows what he's doing already!

EJ8tXxq.png

Do you have any proof to the contrary?

tCpxugw.pngg83yd0H.png

I don't think sOW, QUICK, GET HEALSERVANT OVER HERE

a3afYeY.png

NO, HOW COULD YOU ATTACK SOMEONE RUNNING AROUND SPRAYING BLOOD EVERYWHERE

QtnbD9F.png

KIaSsQ6.png

No, healservant! Please, get over here... I CAN'T TAKE THIS MUCH LONGER!

8PCAe6Y.pngKlqQeg6.png

*gurk* perform... better...

uItHRx5.png

No Ernst, you can't have it!

7rRHCnY.png

Fine! If nobody's gonna heal me, I'll heal myself!

68HaEP6.pngVJI2Z4z.png

Good, everyone, good!

Swa659K.png

vDMsJQj.png

And now, to get MY REVENGE! GO, TENTACLE ATTACK!

12Ayoiq.pngF1VHZjk.png

That's what happens when you mess with Moniker.

sk19g1Y.png

Now, this might LOOK like a bad level, but sometimes it's worth it to build up your secondary stats. You never know when an extra point of skill could somehow change everything.

qQugdFi.png

And we get this, too, though there's only one person who can use it. Really, the team needs more sword-users.

9xeqsMf.png

It takes a while to kill the last guy (no thanks to captainservant)...

8jV1vHT.png

But eventually it is done!

bHX8lT8.png

Fh07xQo.png

Ernst: I’m surprised you took all that with out saying anything.

?

Algimas: What else could I do? They brought guards with them and I would have been locked up for what I was gonna do to them.

Moniker: In any case, though they did

clqVmEQ.png

750 GOLD

NOT TO MENTION WE SAVED THEIR LIVES

AND THEY DEFAULTED

SCREW OUR EMPLOYERS

Algimas: That we did.

Good information as reward? That's like interns getting "paid in experience"...

LOirl1j.png9nFe27q.png

!!! I changed my mind! It's time to do what mercenaries do best! Prolong wars, fight for both sides, kill things, and generally make everything worse!

mWuAPlq.pngbDSeQzX.png

We have FEET! Come on, everyone!

Moniker: Let’s continue on to the next town, we are bound to find a job on the way.

Algimas: You’re right…

As always.

2Jy17Pi.png

Hows about you demand your payment up front?

jRo07gX.png

Algimas: Hmmm?

oFS2tfS.png

Halylyn: Well, if it isn’t too much trouble, I would like to accompany you.

Sure! Come along!

Algimas: Oh? Why is that?

Halylyn: I am a cleric of the Church of the Twelve.

9qAV922.png

So... the Church sends out little girls on their own to "assist" organizations, and apparently, any old mercenary group or merchant fits the definition for "organization".

The Church of Twelve isn't that smart, is it?

Halylyn: the caravan was my charge but…

Moniker: Her skills would be useful captain. I would accept.

Algimas: Of course, I won’t turn down someone as helpful as a cleric! Welcome aboard, Haylyn.

Haylyn: Thank you all. I hope to be of use.

cPWNaA6.png

[NEXT TIME: What, already?]

gotta say I like the pacing and the chapter designs of this. I wonder what happened exactly during this months for it to fade

To be honest, later on, it starts being a bit less amazing... But I haven't finished yet, it's just that there are a few not-good chapters.

The CHAPTER 2 PRELUDE!

X4dwuyL.png

M5MHpV1.png

Journal: After we began our journey to the border, we ran out of supplies and found ourselves having to forage for food. On a particularly bad night 4 days ago, a hunter confronted us. A rather large man, he introduced himself as Boleslav and then asked about us. When we informed him we were mercenaries he quickly offered to join our company. The Captain then asked why we should let him, resulting to the man promptly leaving and returning 30 minutes later with a deer and two game fowl. After that he was quickly accepted into our ranks.

R0hkLdS.pngM34r1T4.png

Journal: An easy mission and, though I remain wary, I believe that our luck is beginning to pick up…

So, we have a job that hopefully actually gives money this time, and a new servant!

lPzoqRT.png

B0Xms8J.png

Boleslav: They even let us ride in their carriages! I’ve heard some bad rumors ‘bout that Lord Richard fella, but if this is how he treats his men I don’t believe ‘em.

B2Jzbwf.pngaBUYuc6.png

Yeah, crutchservant! Rumors!? We have to investigate! I don't want a repeat of the Belinda incident...

kVvugX0.png

Of course, that was another one of the times I got stiffed. If these guys pay us enough...

NIMEhxG.pngUBTnDA8.png

Hey, I didn't say anything!

AJnNOz4.png

Aceline: Thank you, you may leave now.

Dude who’s really too old to be a servant: As you wish.

92FfuTc.png2g3hNm5.png

Uh huh... What's our job, again? Is she our employer?

Aceline: What is it that Lord Richard wants?

Fargo: Well then my Lady, Lord Richard

OKIogt9.png

Oh, I get what this is! Ask for some political marriage, while having a group of armed people to your back!

Fargo: It would be a wonderful choice that would benefit both of your houses in a most-

Aceline: Enough, my answer has not changed. It would be a stain on my family’s name to tie it to one such as his.

h2iHrjm.png6h2qE1O.pngrw412UT.png

Hold on, Aceline! Are you not noticing the big, burly group of people behind that guy?

y109Qot.pngNbYZfsS.png

They just killed the old guy! In an unnecessarily slow and drawn-out way!

Aceline: What?

KcrbDG0.png

Captainservant, this isn't good! The situation is turning ugly, AGAIN, and we're going to have to kill more people!

...Actually, on second thought...

Algimas: Tch!

Hq9ABKB.pnguhOeysB.png

Blocked in? I don't see any blocks. Just loser enemies.

qg819D7.png

Aceline: You and your lord are trash unfit of your position!

Fargo: And you are nothing but an annoying little flea with nothing but this run down manor.

qJhDQRs.png

TALK ABOUT a sudden personality shift!

ucDbDT3.png

Oh, good! Who got him? WAS IT ME?

ALjZFOj.pngzU99fmy.png

Oh. Good job, captainservant!

Algimas: Hey, you in the armor!

Aceline: Wha… who are you?

Algimas: Is there a way to get out of here?

Aceline: There… there is a secret passage. We can use it to escape into the forest to the north.

CEViI4V.pngBFbTFf1.png

Especially since it doesn't appear you can hang out in this mansion any more.

Aceline: …I shall. If they are so desperate in their plot to actually slay me, there is little *text skip* what that foul Lord Richard would do next.

MgvnPBQ.pngTSvauYP.png

Aceline: escape the encirclement. I am yours to command.

So, that house is our objective! Let's go!

[instead of using an actual escape tile, we have to visit that house to trigger the event instead.]

DwGqhBX.pngLCCz6fi.png

?

JcwIPMe.pngYP5VfZj.png

Checking a dead body? That's... that's... GENIUS! Captainservant, I'd promote you, if you weren't already only one rung below me!

O0QKq3q.png

I'm stunned into silence! We MUST do this more often!

Y2Z17aO.png

And now, the next time we find a shop, we can get things!

[END DIALOGUE]

QMfH63H.pngmAFOTit.png?1qvrMubi.png

GZWvP7Q.pngfCdeyKi.png?1

[Everybody cheer, I have learned the WONDERS OF IMAGE CROPPING! Expect much more legible maps in the future, though I haven't had much practice yet so they won't be perfect for a while yet. And honestly, this map seems to have a lot of unused space... And no, that door and building aren't used for anything.]

So, we're in Aceline's mansion, there are enemies approaching from every side, and we have to split up and make it out of here. And the mansion really is falling apart, one of the walls can be destroyed with ordinary weapons, and she doesn't even have any chests! Still, I think we can make this...

But first, let's look at our new servants!

Ns8WFAw.pngT2ssoZf.pngxjRz1CO.png

Her official title is armorservant, and, as a fighter, she seems very underspecialized. Not-that-great weapon selection, pathetic build for her armor, and not that much defense... but she does have more speed and resistance than you'd expect... Still, she seems more like a soldier than an armor knight!

[she has 5 Mov, though!]

I'll make use of her anyway, in hopes that she'll turn out well.

8jtJzyQ.pngmslySZE.pnghAjnjH7.png

This guy shall be called bowservant, and he is overspecialized, but in a stat that doesn't matter that much. he has shockingly low speed, in spite of having some power. He also lacks an iron weapon, as do quite a lot of my other units... still, our team needs someone competent to use bows, and it's not like I have anyone better.

zn39yKR.pngbt3eDt5.png

You know, when you think about it, why did this "Lord Richard" guy send soldiers AND mercenaries to do a job? If you had one, why not just use the one instead of both? Especially when your only opponents were one badly-equipped knight and some old dude? Well, his bad planning is certainly going to backfire on him now, as he's going to lose both things!

ygCA52C.png

I guess this would, technically, give Aceline a balanced inventory, but maybe somebody else would be better off carrying it.

5UfMIGD.pngejpUVks.png

Also, the enemies can't seem to decide whether they're bandits or Bervinnians!

[Really, this hack doesn't do so well on enemy classification. It gets very engagement-breaking at points.]

EUseXRJ.pnggM8AgEs.png

Our boss is some dude with a nice 'stache who is way tougher than armorservant. Still, we'll be destroying him regardless!

[NEXT TIME: The great escape!]

We're going to start returning to my prelude-gameplay-conclusion format for this one, now that the chapters are getting longer.

Tacthack: Episode 3: Chapter 2: The Great Escape

ScuHVH3.pngiLsoxY7.png

I start by having axeservant kill a nearby enemy, showing off his okay growths in the process!

OPBVGl4.png

I was kind of expecting her to be a bit slower with all that armor...

[Honestly, this kind of destroys a critical part of armors, even if it does make them more useful.]

nt1GPVE.pngnouVXTC.png

Axeservant tanks out the initial wave, and does a good job of it!

0rbjLo0.png

Uh huh... we have a bit of a power problem.

Fovni7v.png

She NEEDS the Heavy Spear to do things. It isn't good. Especially since it tanks her speed to nothing.

kJxswPn.png

Bowservant looks kind of odd while fighting. I'm not sure that build makes him the best choice for an archer...

jfVSE10.png

Now, I WOULD have killed this guy, but in my everlasting mercy towards my enemies I decided to let him live at the last minute.

ttsmEhe.png

But then, the bandit miserably squanders his chance for life by continuing to attack! No mercy, lancerservant!

mh0YbNh.png

Excellent, excellent!

Hz4jpyt.png

Axeservant, I know you might have sympathies to your former comrades, but you must put them behind you!

Qtd0bx1.png

Healservant, no! Getting lucky is important, but you need magic!

eWN0u3t.png

You guys can go do the left path without my help, I'll handle the right one BY MY SELF!

nQpztax.png

Bowservant might just be better than I initially took him for...

S3F0nZS.png

Oh, what? This guy can double me! THE PAIN! HE CHOPPED MY ROBES INTO ITTY BITS!

hhsGWvg.png

Clearly, I must not have enough non-essential stats! I must improve!

YOWtDdI.png

Maybe healservant should accompany me... no, I don't help! After she gives my robe a sew job, I'll be off, and I'll do it right this time!

X2Jykck.png

You're fine healservant, it's just a bit of brutal flames! I've always been immune to them...

qhELtGU.png

?

Cw30lmv.pngoCzTXhH.png

Oh no! They've brought in reinforcements! I'm tough, but... not that tough!

[sword and lance cavaliers are a distinction here. Is it really necessary?]

C386tmC.png

Luckily, we've got a big door in between them and us! I just... hope they don't bring any thieves in... or anyone with one of the seemingly universal master door keys...

EukkT58.png

Okay everyone, keep moving! We might be on a time limit here, so best to go fast, just in case!

mPwm2KF.png

Why attack crutchservant, guy? He's not THAT vulnerable...

3KEQEdX.png

I will use the power of this pillar to kill everyone!

vz8htWF.png

What? The short bow can attack at one range? I'll have to keep that in mind...

[stereotypical. This hack makes a lot of changes that feel rather pointless...]

pNnAJtr.png

Excellent, bowservant! Maybe we can make you useful after all...

n1U7GPQ.png

Armorservant picks up a piece of armor from the knight she just killed and attaches it to herself. I'm okay with it.

l8SGs3x.png

Ah hah... There's a lot of enemies coming at me on this pillar! It's... a really good thing I dodged...

qBH7NCU.png

More?

nuIL071.png

And silver weapons, too! Why can't MY armorservants be like this?

s3lw0cP.png

Too many ENEMIES!

vuQzA4P.png

Maybe... maybe I'll move back a little.

PhJL3UA.png

That's better! More power must be the solution!

6AwUgJp.png

With my new power, a shadow entraps my soul, creating a glow which lends my face a beautiful yet eerie aura... the myrmidon is so entranced, he does not see his death come...

qDjtkZj.png

Oh, great! I'm missing a leg, and I'm out of vulneraries! I'll just have to wait until my servants come around... this is all because of bad luck, of course. My tactics were never wrong.

eyu8YMi.png'

Excellent, healservant! Hopefully, that point of speed will let you *ahem* GET OVER HERE FASTER...

GaNA3en.pngixhspG0.png

Oh, the boss can WALK in that armor?

dB8yjvU.png

Armorservant is ANGRY at the thought of her mansion being burned! Yes... USE the anger! Use it to get over here and reattach my leg!

qgeqXVr.png

Well, there aren't many enemies left... Wait a minute!

P3kC76F.pngHAiLIt4.pngiTS4EzA.png

They've brought out the promoted entourage! They're SERIOUS about this!

4TVALbO.pngD0Shpp2.png

Come on, guys! Get that knight down, QUICKLY!

u6QJkdU.png

Well axeservant, I guess it's good that you're keeping your priorities straight...

bGeYOR4.png

I offer armorservant a chance for revenge. She doesn't take it, and get doubled for her lack of effort.

idh5j02.png

Of course, in my mercy, I elect to heal her. But doing that puts healservant in the boss's line of fire, and she won't survive...

qJ1Xt4a.png

So, rescue her!

Even while lying in a pool of my own blood, my tactics will never falter!

wxBbzLl.png

Oh, what? No! Don't do that!

08LfdCy.pngpAS8q03.pngZWX8YeY.png

And now the lead general or whoever this is has arrived. We'd better leave very, VERY soon.

3bSDLHD.png

Good, lanceservant. Keep focusing on the main three stats and you'll go far.

IptTQJ9.png

At some point, captainservant cleared the enemies in the way, but... I think I'm running out of blood... I've kept my cool, but... someone please heal me...

TgOly6y.pngN12q0IM.png

I give... armorservant... second chance... takes it...

LBXE1CZ.png

She takes... armor piece...

sIEAUNg.png

It's all going... dark... blackness... nothing...

*some time later*

fnBb6NI.png

GASP!

Phew, I think healservant patched me up, while the other secured the area, and now it's time to leave!

OEu3oVw.pngHbWLxiM.png

And at that exact moment, whether through coincidence or something else, they got the door open! LET'S GO!

VIGFbC8.png

Goodbye, losers!

EtVnadJ.pngjj32cRc.png

Captainservant... maybe be a bit more articulate?

1d8HDJz.png

Moniker: We should head to the border as quickly as possible…

Ernst: Smoke…

Moniker: Well it seems they want to get rid of any evidence of their failure. Let us hurry and add some credit to their stories.

Later, I rethink what I said. Whose stories, and why would we want to add credit to them?

JJuk2Co.png

Come on, armorservant! We gotta LEAVE!

pYjoUKz.png

[NEXT TIME: This army does not know how to use mercenaries.]

Well, this hack looks like you must be fast... very VERY FAST!

Kinda painful that Aceline's con is so low. Can she even use an iron lance without AS penalty? They normally weigh 8...

She really looks represents more the soldier than the armor class.

At least Boleslav has manly stats for an archer (love his name).

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Kinda painful that Aceline's con is so low. Can she even use an iron lance without AS penalty? They normally weigh 8...

i remember back when this was out a dude was like "why is my archer so slow?" and the general response was "does he look fit and fast to you?"

atleast there's a reason for why the dude's slow, meanwhile some other archers have no excuse

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Yeah, honestly, Aceline doesn't look like an amazing unit, but I'm using her, so we'll see how she turns out!

i remember back when this was out a dude was like "why is my archer so slow?" and the general response was "does he look fit and fast to you?"

atleast there's a reason for why the dude's slow, meanwhile some other archers have no excuse

Indeed, and I guess he has the short bow buff, but really, I think he won't be that great.

The CHAPTER 3 PRELUDE!

JiOh0M9.png

k3yONBo.png

Journal: After the incident at the manor we fled north. Much to our luck, our former employer was either misinformed of our demise or simply did not care. Regardless, we kept a low profile until reaching the border regions. Upon entering the town of Volstrok, we quickly found all manners of men recruiting for the supposed battle that was about to take place. Asking around we found out that these skirmishes occur quite frequently and that most mercenaries are quite welcome. The captain soon returned with news that we had been hired and posted at the rear guard, away from the battle to come. There were some complaints, especially from the vice captain, but based on the pay I still expect to see some action…

Wait, what? They decided to put mercenaries at the rear guard? As tactician, it's not like I'm ungrateful, but wouldn't we be the FIRST to fight the enemy?

jEdf9x7.png

Ernst: Why did you take this job again, Algimas?

Because it pays?

Algimas: We didn’t have much of a choice in the matter. Besides, we are getting paid to lounge about, so I’m not too unhappy.

9RrGLfg.pngeZpkNZt.png

I find it INCREDIBLY odd we haven't seen any yet! I mean, they're throwing the loyal soldiers at the enemy, and letting the mercenaries who they're paying more just do nothing!

Ernst: Tch, I’d rather it happen now.

5KIhGYw.png

Crutchservant, please, don't tempt fate!

Algimas: Ah, don’t worry. He’s always mopey on guard duty if you haven’t noticed.

Moniker: I’d imagine, it’s a wonder you two started taking jobs at all before we met.

Algimas: Well, Ernst wasn’t with me during the birth of the company. It was just a couple of friends from my village and yours truly.

NB72HLH.png

I AM AN OPTIMIST

0stC4Vs.png

...Did they take the graveyard shift?

hah.

mPRHrTA.pngefQ5cfq.png

And we won't be receiving a history lesson today! Off I go! You guys can tag along... I guess.

ny2IB4i.pngXFz9HlH.pngH5tiS1a.png

And you waited until NOW to send us out?

Bludier: It’s time to earn your keep!

Algimas: Tch, there goes that easy pay.

Moniker: At least Ernst looks happy…

SpD4zv4.pngRsXV3RU.png

Now for my most brilliant strategy yet...

PakJ95y.png

PREP SCREEN!

[END DIALOGUE]

G128Hu0.png

Everyone shall come!

WGr29hL.png

Indeed, guy, indeed!

qTUyn3t.png

Beautiful formation!

dDZrEUZ.png

As you can see, we have this giant 4-deep wall of enemies to get through, and some others scattered about, but I'm sure we'll be fine!

[Looking back, I didn't take the pictures to make the good map because I thought it didn't line up well enough. Wrong decision. Don't worry, I'll get the next one right for sure!]

xE8hPOn.png6tdTTKH.png

Allies! Also, that guy has really weird-looking armor... and face...

Black armor guy: Tch!

WG6YZgj.png

And more enemies come.

3NLDJYD.png

Algimas: Well, then, let’s help them! I might be able to get them to fight with us.

EkkHiZw.pngpnz0w2H.png

Enemy wyverns! They have axes!

[No really, wyverns get axes. I'll show it in more detail later.]

VlYJpwy.pngZxNrdZv.pngCZO9ipp.png

Her official title is horseservant, and she will be a very valuable asset to the team, since she's our first available non-crutch sword user! Finally, a better counter for axes! And she has MOV too, and a nice gift! Now, if she could just get some stats other than speed...

JvDta05.png9mzXtVo.png80VWyNj.png

His title shall be benchservant, because even if he might have better stats than horseservant, he is ugly and I don't want him.

bKf0Gkz.pngSI9wLiE.png

Our boss another gift for us(me, specifically), and while he has a gate tile, he shouldn't be hard to beat!

[NEXT TIME: The largest scale of any battle yet!]

Alright everyone, I've had to put recording on hold, but the backlog should hopefully cover things until I can get that new version.

Tacthack: Episode 4: Chapter 3: Part 1: Cavaliers and wyverns and fighters, oh my

qDth7cG.png

I charge forward. Everyone else can catch up, I'll handle these guys!

lkzciwY.png

Time to get some important info!

rvFbhbX.pngXRvNgsV.pngEwEmNx6.png

Interesting... You never know when such knowledge can save your life in combat...

Agv2QiW.png

Yes, captainservant! Speed and power! Set a good example for the men!

lWcejGP.png

Axeservant! Since you don't seem to be good for anything else, get supplies!

Z9px7Rp.png

Just iron stuff? Whatever, take one of each anyway!

L7mBCiX.png

Crutchservant, it's not like I can use you for combat, so...

hhOUxnV.png

WHAT

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE

kauc1XY.pngeR6Qhr9.png

That's... that's all the explanation we get?

...What?

UwfPURO.png

Moving on, this is why axeservant should stick to either soldierbashing or shopping!

QyCMw64.pngmjK4C5O.png

Horseservant could have died, but luckily, she isn't THAT incompetent!

[Really, she could have died, but it would require some crazy bad luck.]

QJohjYh.pngKM92xAv.pngsSqAvNy.png

I am nothing but perfection.

1Rnmqav.png

Hey, no! Benchservant! Don't take kills!

d1pe2wd.png

Push through, captainservant!

EcDlUZn.png

Okay, they're pretty much safe, and horseservant has gone straight into our arms! Now, we just need to keep her safe...

vZPdDrA.png

Now, I think I'll handle the difficult task of shopping myself...

YgAtgce.png

They had flux, heal, and vulneraries. I obviously needed more firepower, so...

HzqaskY.png

No, crutchservant! How many TIMES do I need to tell you! JUST! CHIPPING!

S9EZ3X2.png

Perfect level, healservant.

Z5M40fg.png

Captainservant! Recruit benchservant!

...No? Fine, but you'd better do horseservant next turn!

P22NRg7.pngeWDl0Dz.png

Everyone is doing good today... I have to be careful that they don't overshadow me...

AbPKHL0.png

Make it quick, we have a battle to fight!

rfSTgvy.png

Algimas: Woah there, I’m here to help.

Hey, our uniforms are clearly purple, as compared to their orange! Don't mess it up!

Negu: Wha- who are you?

Algimas: Algimas, Captain of the Wodran Mercenaries. We’re the rear guard here to assist you.

Negu: Thank the gods, the force we were with was wiped out almost to the last man.

Algimas: Can you still fight? We need some help driving these guys off.

Negu: Yeah, I still need to pay them back for the humiliation we suffered earlier. Look forward to working with you, boss!

Wait, you're just going to abandon your army to join us?

J5jwYrX.png

Well, it's fine with me! Your first task; RECRUIT BENCHSERVANT!

WhB7N02.png

Gerwulf: Excellent. Professional troops?

Negu: No, just some mercenaries.

Gerwulf: Hmm, more swords are better than none I suppose. Did they look capable?

Negu: I only met the captain, but he seems reliable enough.

Gerwulf: … Then we shall join with them for now. Perhaps longer if they are truly strong.

Lq7K3dy.png

He'd better believe we're "truly strong"! Anyways, benchservant: GUESS WHERE YOU'LL BE STAYING?

Uom1UVs.png

While all that was happening, the rest of us moved up! All troops! Commence bridge-crossing!

kDaOD1U.png

This is why I keep you around, axeservant. Occasionally, you don't fail.

ECMrDHl.png

Oh, great! Our plans are delayed! Three cavaliers!

fvREeTV.pngxNSA7Sb.png

I, meanwhile, am working my way upwards. The rabble can handle the main troops, while I go for the rewards!

PfoDRrU.png

Bowservant, I'd prefer you play to your strengths rather than work on weak areas.

yQoShzA.pngka4kQH4.png

See crutchservant, this is what happens when you're a lame crutch just going into houses. You can't do it like I can.

Ex30ilK.pngGPe5sje.png

Axeservant.

Axeservant.

I can't decide whether you're good or bad.

iqnplqj.png

STOP MAKING MY CHOICE HARDER!

mu9P3FI.png

AH WYVERN OUT OF NOWHERE

bRhLVJL.png

HE HAS AN AXE

AND NOW MY NECK SEEMS TO BE MISSING

zrNMyfe.png

Despite all the heat axeservant has taken, this is the first time he's leveled, and it isn't bad

*gasp* I think my vocal cords were damaged in that hit...

NffFBNw.png

So many enemies... and yet I wish I had stayed with them all the same... BECAUSE HEALSERVANT IS THERE...

GtkG09i.pngaYVNdzy.png

Captainservant... why does your javelin turn huge after you throw it...

Oh... you can't hear me... I'll ask again later...

ZGK74N3.png

Talking hurts...

KFi2skE.png

The pain...

f3NzeoI.png

Please, Haylyn... come here...

xBF0OeY.pngZBXT8Zr.png

228rXFF.png

Maybe the villagers can save me...

[NEXT TIME: Will Moniker survive?]

GROWTHS, all at once since I don't want to edit them in to previous updates!

ME/MONIKER/TACTICIAN:

HP: 70%

Magic: 60%

Speed: 35%

Skill: 60%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 50%

Luck: 45%

Total: 345%

They are perfect, anyone who says otherwise is just wrong.

CAPTAINSERVANT:

HP: 85%

Strength: 60%

Speed: 65%

Skill: 45%

Defense: 40%

Resistance: 15%

Luck: 40%

Total: 350%

He seems to specialize mostly in strength and speed, with low defenses. He'll probably turn out fine, in the long run.

LANCESERVANT:

HP: 90%

Strength: 50%

Speed: 50%

Skill: 40%

Defense: 40%

Resistance: 20%

Luck: 35%

Total: 325%

Maybe I oversell him. He has good speed and all around growths, but if he gets unlucky he won't last long.

CRUTCHSERVANT:

HP: 85%

Strength: 40%

Speed: 45%

Skill: 45%

Defense: 30%

Luck: 45%

Total: 310%

For a crutch, they aren't bad growths, but his refusal to really excel at anything ultimately makes him useless.

HEALSERVANT:

HP: 50%

Magic: 40%

Speed: 60%

Skill: 30%

Defense: 15%

Resistance: 55%

Luck: 70%

Total: 320%

She seems like a very stereotypical early healer, and while she has great speed and luck, I might need someone else, long-term...

BOWSERVANT:

HP: 80%

Strength: 55%

Speed: 40%

Resistance: 15%

Luck: 40%

He seems like a standard useless archer. I like archers so I'm using him anyway, but if he gets terribly unlucky on his speed and defense, there will be problems.

ARMORSERVANT:

Speed: 50%

Defense: 50%

Resistance: 25%

Luck: 30%

Total: 325%

Once again, I'm almost entirely certain someone swapped our armor knight for a soldier.

HORSESERVANT:

HP: 75%

Speed: 60%

Skill: 50%

Luck: 35%

She has better strength than expected, and of course good speed and skill, but those defenses might make her hard to use in the long run...

BENCHSERVANT:

HP: 90%

Speed: 35%

Defense: 60%

Resistance: 25%

Luck: 20%

He might be better at defense than our armor knight, but I benched him for a reason, and that is, uh... the speed. Yes, definitely the speed. It's a dealbreaker.

Tacthack: Episode 4: Chapter 3: Part 2: Moniker survives

Remember, last time, my vocal cords had been sliced to bits, and I could barely talk, and was in grievous pain, so hopefully whoever is in the village I visited will help me!

8dDeosF.pngemk28rg.pngbqhmRHb.png

EfJyVS4.png

Wait no, I need a medic!

0Pe3jkI.png

What, am I supposed to commit seppuku with this or something?

7ARU7JJ.png

I don't need this. I can probably just throw it away.

e1RZB7H.pngFIbhfHR.pngSe2ZuGA.png7ZPvUIU.png

My brilliant tactics continue to make things happen, with axeservant doing well for himself.

yqqqiuE.pngtwOyLHw.pngjc3q7tC.png

Really, everyone is doing just fine! Except horseservant.

LXqRikU.png

I mean. Look at her engagement with the enemy cavalier. I find it interesting.

708Zm7h.png

Healservant FINALLY healed me! Could have been a bit quicker, but at least now I can help my troops with the cavaliers.

gL0sKbl.png

Because it seems to me like we need it!

fPCbV3r.png

Back in action!

Cc5pFMA.png

Keep going with that magic, or you'll be fired very quickly! ...Once I actually have someone to replace you...

UDlRcGA.png

I have worked SO HARD, I deserve a break!

dN4cd13.pngrzYgbFB.png8B2iKil.pngPk7zD13.png

I'm sure this will be important at some obligatory time in the future, but right now I really don't care!

J5BzZie.pngdnlGV5F.png

He is ALL THAT IS LEFT!

OuttdcZ.pngkJpVQBX.pngMWLa26V.png9jKuZCq.png

I am entirely certain this is true. It's not like leaders have ever lied about this sort of thing in the past before.

EbcicRS.png

Well, I guess we can just give up on training horseservant!

2uMKrY5.png

I know, right? We really should have been put at the front!

cQUVdwH.pngfsaEQM0.pngN0Ug4vC.png

I don't know about "crush". More like, "mildly annoy".

00kwQ3g.png

And even then, NOT FOR LONG!

wynioK0.png

IT WAS BECAUSE YOU SUCKED.

kVz89DN.png

I, on the other hand...

1wWAl4X.png

Guess who's getting this?

WkRS1AG.png

This house was in the boss's range for some reason, let's hit it before we go.

L2u1zhl.png

Dude: our lands. I don’t want to become like Ostriech.

Hey! What's so special about Ostriech!

...No explanation? Okay then.

BEmGoLa.png

No, healservant! You're missing the important stat!

NIsM1cw.png

Benchservant, I know you want to make yourself useful, but you're a bit late.

T2ljbWo.png

Hey!

hIbUWu0.png

What? But... I was the official leader just last battle! How is that possible?

V5mx9gS.png

Whatever, he can have the glory JUST THIS ONCE.

MJLtOqR.png

Moniker: It seems we have driven them off.

Algimas: Excellent! Now we just need to wait for our pay. Think we’ll get a bonus for this?

Moniker: Most likely not… And asking might get us less.

Yeah, while they might be stupid enough to put their most disposable troops at the rear and not the front, they won't actually give us respect.

3XfboM3.png

Hey, address me properly! This better be something REALLY IMPORTANT!

PRBwoMZ.pngdTAxAa6.png

You know captainservant, we could just go over there and see.

AXczRHn.png

Quick, get the "interrogation room" ready!

Bluedier(?): Are you the leader?

Oh, wait. He's on our side. Never mind.

Eadj8PB.pngrd69BKl.png

First off, YOU ASKED, soldier! Second off, NEVER take credit from me again, captainservant!

Bluedier(?): My forces were ambushed after following the force that broke through. We need help immediately!

Algimas: Wait, how can you be certain they’re still alive? Wouldn’t it be better to just hold this castle?

rgPdhNM.pngLwuoVPF.png

We don't care about YOU! You're GENERIC!

Algimas: Wait, Lord…(was a text skip)

J5ox91w.pngzLyg8pO.pngXYQ4DEJ.png

Captainservant, no! When you make promises like that, I have to follow up on them!

Algimas: Moniker, this is a golden opportunity! You may be skeptical about this, but heroically saving the day, not once, but twice? That will certainly earn us something spectacular!

DXpH7Zg.png

Listen. I don't think you understand how being a mercenary works. We lose healthcare, dental, paid overtime, free food and board, and respect.

In exchange, though, we actually get paid, instead of given army vouchers or something like the normal soldiers get.

cJ2SrXY.png6cMa23p.png

Yeah, whatever, let's just go.

Moniker: Soldier, where are the reinforcements needed?

Bluedier: S-south, in the forest about half an hour’s march.

Algimas: Then we shall make it in half that time! Move out!

[unfortunately, I lost the screenshot showing the save screen, but that was the end!]

NEXT TIME: Sudden awesomeness drop!

Tacthack: Episode 5: Chapter 4: Foggy Flailing

kA57Eq9.png

Ya4bkBd.pngacIQ8M1.png

[And so, we're thrown into this chapter, no journal for obvious reasons. This guy's name is... luck? I wonder if it's ironic?]

Luck: Excellent. Have the men approach them slowly. This fog shall hide our advance.

KbwJ9de.pngxVfNoOD.png

[He looks kind of weird...]

gzBGudg.pngVmnX3Lw.png

[!!!]

Criminal: Tch!

zaocvhv.png

[Well, we'll see how this plays out!]

QH60oho.pngnSSnC7m.png

[scroll over to us, please.]

884p6Hh.png

*This big text-skip-filled scene later*

98sjskV.png

So, a soldier appeared, and noticed captainservant because he wasn't being careful, and it all happened really fast!

Algimas: No matter, we have a lord to save! To arms!

[END DIALOGUE]

2D1efne.png

Alright, time for more usage of this amazing screen of usefulness!

GIMqhZ9.png

We can once again take everyone, so we do!

bao1YHB.png

Would you expect anything less?

9lNlN3h.png

Not wyvern, captainservant. DRAKE.

tCo67H6.png

I was about to command you, but okay! Go ahead!

TheSXys.png

Vojc6b8.png?1

This map is... surprisingly tiny, after the last one! Despite all the forests surrounding us, we don't have any freedom to go any way other than the clearly marked path... And the fog is masking the enemies. Who KNOWS how many we're fighting?

QtC2Efd.pngFOw13FC.png28TevxY.png

This guy is the new drake rider, and I'll call him wingservant for short. Of course, I get this weird feeling like we should be worrying that he'll bring some baggage from the past with him... But I mean, if he was an important figure, he'd be more competent, right?

2wZniui.png

Whatever, let's not waste time..

4MYnXml.png

Sven: No, I’m not with Zentirim, though. From the look of it, you’re mercenaries… Take me with you.

Algimas: Wait… what?

Sven: Help me escape from here and I will reinforce your numbers… Deal?

Algimas: Well I can’t refuse if you’re offering. Deal!

Sven: I’m Sven. Now, let’s get this over with quickly.

CPcEf5L.png

Alright, we've got him recruited, let's see what we're fighting!

eJnJSqV.png

Hmm, yep. Definitely seems to be a lot of enemies. And can you blame them? They don't have much space to spread out, here!

mKdS2go.png

Well, armorservant, you definitely need luck and strength, but please try to get defense as is appropriate for your class!

pni3sc3.png

Wingservant gets right to it! With time, he might become great!

geMorll.png

Honestly, pounding soldiers is easy! Apparently, axeservant thinks so too!

i1txXov.png

Yeah... pounding soldiers... really easy...

dtmw6DN.png

Bowservant, you've gotten more speed than I expected! Keep it up!

IMhLiPJ.png

Okay, the area immediately around us is almost clear! We're gonna move into the lower portion of the forest...

PejO6Mi.png

Horseservant, I get that you're trying to prioritize, but please don't sacrifice too much!

Z39PRcp.png

Nobody is better suited to destroying these suited freaks than I am!

bKFgYlI.png

Captainservant and wingservant rush forth, but they run into more difficulties than anticipated! But not to worry, my genius tactics can save them, certainly!

XiGVKo5.png

HEALSERVANT!!! NOT-MAGIC LEVEL!

And then, the great battle ensues on enemy phase! Right when it looks like wingservant and captainservant are going to be okay...

b7dwo0C.png

WHAT NO, SUDDEN DRAKE OUT OF NOWHERE

K2AJdgg.pngTvoxqjM.png

No! Captainservant! Get back up! My tactics aren't allowed to fail!

aE7EKzt.png

No! How could this happen! I CAN'T GO ON!

*kneels over and dies*

[Great. I'd best use my...]

REWIND TIME POWER!

PuKo1Mr.png

It's a good thing I decided to put my durable unit at the front! I am prepared for everything, as always!

j88C8vP.png

Wingservant, though... I'm not sure HE'S prepared for the rigors of being one of my servants...

JnrZ8Ud.png

You TOO, axeservant?

kxUuBTe.png

FINE! I'll use my skills to make up for ALL of you!

ffJYjVS.png

BOWSERVANT. You are specifically specced NOT to do this!

Tx9nmqK.png

Gah, why did everybody start FAILING? Of course, it's not like I could expect more from crutchservant...

ZO3SjKi.png

Okay bowservant, forgiven.

z1kBlXQ.png

Hey, you weren't there before! Where did you come from?

pQwH1ZI.png

Not here, apparently. Why can't I see the boss yet?

0PtXcGJ.png

Lanceservant, I would say you're slowly becoming a small step above the enemy soldiers...

9LcWYqQ.pngNv8xiYS.png

Of course, nobody's going to surpass ME!

KuLPK4G.png

No, captainservant. Not even you! I appreciate the effort, though.

gLOFuMu.pngZKj3XBG.png

Whoa, what? You just came out of the fog!

TCFJCXn.png8uEta0P.png

His name is indeed ironic! Not because of his stats, but because he has to fight ME! He shouldn't be hard to beat at all!

6MyQZSR.pngugct67f.pngUWmPGna.png

EVERYONE MURDER

kQCdWez.png

Heal...

kC7FPkI.png

MURDER!

l0RWu61.pngi0i3oB5.png

Man, everyone got such terrible levels towards the end! Armorservant might be out of a job at this rate... Especially since she's wasting my bosskills!

SFFu2VE.png

And of course, there's a few left hiding out, in the worst spots possible.

2svBjBG.png

Handle it, wingservant!

O9RkDUB.png

He's the last one... hmm, who to give the kill to?

Qbx9tNC.png

Excellent, horserservant! Defense and speed! Now, just keep working on that strength!

[NEXT TIME: Lots of story!]

WINGSERVANT'S GROWTHS:

Speed: 45%

Luck: 20%

Defense: 45%

For a "drake rider", he seems rather balanced! In fact, almost everyone in this hack seems really well-balanced. That's not bad, but I don't think we have enough specialists!

The CHAPTER 4 CONCLUSION!

mFmzxNq.png

And it's all thanks to ME!

35F3xcj.png

Moniker: How do you figure?

Algimas: I can see his armor shining through the fog with all the gold it’s got on it.

Hah, hah. Hold on, I have to go for a minute. Whatever you do, don't do ANYTHING without me!

9QDxaYu.pngV6LSOmc.pngHzELxTx.png

Algimas: We simply rushed as soon as we heard the need for reinforcements.

Lord guy: Haha! That attitude will get you far! Now, take me to your leader.

Mk98dSW.pnguii5Ctn.png2x62Js2.png

Vbqx2Pm.png

Lord guy: ……

JUneMrT.pngNxGT7W6.pngBieavyG.png

jqT0Ifp.pngrHn5tGj.png4ZeRs2t.png

C5rNZk7.pngxumfkLX.png

Algimas: What fo-

Lord guy: Now!

Algimas: Okay, okay.

Lord guy: Your name?

Algimas: Algimas, your lordship!

Okay, I'm back! Hey crutchservant, what are those two doing? Wait... Tell me that captainservant isn't getting tons of rewards and recognition because he didn't defer to me as was proper... that's not what's happening... right?

hVTncTv.pngMgAVtAV.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ye2fGd7.png

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Lord guy: You shall receive land benefit for your station and a small stipend to maintain your holdings. Now rise and be recognized.

ZPGC7D0.pngwJtDh17.pnggSIh9gb.png

They had extra strength from ME, in spirit! Dangit, I should have had that knightship!

YmRi8Dd.png

GGwzC00.png

Lord guy: Sir Algimas rode to our aid, delaying the enemy long enough for us to best them. For his bravery, he was made a knight!

DnbaA0c.png

IT WAS ME, SAY SOMETHING CAPTAINSERVANT!

BRu2ofU.pngXIgsegn.png3hx06Ns.png

Actually, maybe I shouldn't be so spiteful. Congratulations on your new position!

Lord guy: Good… Now I must return to arrange your holdings. Good Luck, “Sir” Algimas.

However, if you think you're getting called "Sir captainservant"...

sbRpqTC.png7lKaVda.png

Ah hah, hah, hah.

Algimas: I’m not even sure what to think at the moment.

Moniker: I for one never heard of something like this happening. Is that even within his power?

vWRMg9T.pngdty2MQI.png

e.g.; political butt-covering. THE JOYS OF FEUDALISM!

MsF9ICS.pngKD7Rjvn.png

oLTssaE.pngOkzRoGr.png

I think Lord Guy might be a bit angry...

Algimas: Ugh. Getting my face beat is a small price, I suppose.

Ernst: Well it doesn’t matter what happened, Moniker. Algimas finally got some land of his own!

Algimas: You’re right…

6ou5c6p.png

*sigh*...

L7a9c6u.png

Moniker: I’m sure we should learn as much as possible about your new station.

wdKDAY5.pngqK1bmlc.png

I'm being sarcastic. Definitely.

wqj1UW9.pngu5Vpw33.png

[NEXT TIME: Now for some COMPLETELY DIFFERENT people, in a chapter even more lame and easy than this one was!]

Glad to see you're all enjoying the LP!

Showing today, not including Moniker this time...

Tacthack: Episode 6: Chapter 4x: Are they even trying?

rDt5lCG.png

DESTINYYYYYYY!

This whole chapter will be in ordinary OOC commentary, unfortunately...

r2tE9XP.png

...Because, we're joined by THESE GUYS! Out of them all, one is an obvious splice, two look kind of odd, and one actually looks really good. Guess who is who.

qQS0Dau.pngceQKDOU.png

Are you SURE?

Splice guy: Most suspicious. It is most definitely a trap.

Please, please don't be FE protagonists and charge right in...

Yellow girl: Hmmph. It’s about time that they caught on… But how should we go about this now?

Splice guy: Well, we still need to burn those supplies.

LTpmaKj.png

Uh, hey? Good-portrait guy? Where did you go?

Blue girl: Oh dear…

Splice guy: Hmmm? What is it, Lady Elaine?

zxvswDI.png

Oh. He must be the leader here, then.

P3iZVqw.png

Yup, definitely the leader.

Splice guy: Haha! He is a spirited lad is all. Once the job is on it’s straight ahead for him. Now, let us assist our compatriot.

gV4NJi1.png

Is... is that a chest? Just... sitting there? While being bigger than an entire house? I know it's a supply camp, but...

a6JzMaF.pngcZylXFu.png

You've created an excuse for the chapter battle to start!

tcKj3hl.png

I don't like it, but it was a job SOMEONE had to do.

Wayland: The supplies are empty.

XulmEDM.png9yjTcvy.png

RQTxg4Q.png

And out they come! Except... there aren't that many of them?

ySi4exJ.pngThnkrYU.png

Unenthused enthused bandit: It’s a shame really, but I’m far too clever to be caught off guard by the likes of you. This whole trap was my plan, die knowing that!

This guy's portrait really doesn't fit his personality.

cRLmOWQ.png

Splice guy: Can we, Wayland?

Wayland: No, sir. He’s too clever for his own good.

Splice guy: Hmhm, then we shall give them a sound trashing everyone.

END DIALOGUE

RQTxg4Q.png?1

r4uKBBj.png

So, we have only 4 units, but this is a small map, and there seem to be pretty much no enemies around. This... doesn't even look moderately challenging.

Well, let's take a closer look:

TYckP7W.png

So, for once I didn't have the "cursor goes off the screen bug" like I normally do when the lord isn't there. But there barely seem to be any enemies around, at all.

g9SkNEL.pngAEgkT03.pngMxCg4MD.png

Despite this hack allegedly being about a mercenary company, this is the first blue mercenary we've actually seen, and he isn't even with the main group! Not only that, but his stats are AMAZING, better than Ernst's/crutchservant's ever were!

WnCO2xr.pngoJo9u8m.png624XDtC.png

Meila has pathetic strength, and is worse than Vlad in pretty much every way, but it's expected because she's 5 levels lower and a thief. I hope she joins the main team soon, we've gone too long without a proper fort level!

lO4LYEk.pngSFBP5v1.png15lKiOJ.png

This lady MIGHT be more worth using than Haylyn/healservant, but I can't tell for sure until I see growths. For now, she'll patch up wounds, but probably won't be needed.

rPvSMNj.png5tK3IHP.png47wSGRR.png

Wayland's stats are... actually kind of bad. Hopefully, his growths will make up for it... Also, apparently Hector lords use blades now.

3TuvNE4.pngMacgIa7.png

The enemies are Black Fang for some weird reason, which makes this kind of senseless in-story, but look at their stats. Then, go back up and look at Vlad's stats.

This isn't going to be difficult. In fact, I wonder if it's all a ruse; Is something super-horrible going to happen soon?

tcP2THf.pngaRbDxJH.png

Boss-guy isn't exactly better.

4NTNCyd.png

Well, let's get to curb-stomping!

h35J4tV.pngIZAhqkS.png

I decide to let Wayland kill the enemy instead. His sword animation is kind of weird, and I wonder if his axe animation has been changed for consistency, because if not, then his armor will be totally different going from animation to animation.

HLtHhbo.pngRdBa3y4.pngUEQD7A9.png

PROGRESS IS REALLY HAPPENING

UdifVts.png

The objective technically includes survival, but pursuing that objective is utterly pointless. I don't know if anything actually happens, even.

s9MlUSQ.png

This doesn't even matter, it's not like the soldier can take advantage of the situation.

jKRUEPt.png

Seriously, Elaine and her blue palette isn't even needed.

bI0gsrI.png

This is a good level, but Wayland's bases suck so much in comparison to the others...

B40fdZz.png

We open the chest and get a relatively useful item that probably won't see use, unless it sticks to when they join up with the main team, if they join up with the main team. I don't actually know if they will yet.

1ANMx31.png

Wow, they stayed in formation! Not that it matters.

e0qCQeS.pngtl6SJ2E.png

This is pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of a level I'd expect from a thief!

pcxn8Ff.pngBgWi8zl.png

Why do they even try?

DK5PxaU.pngoqyWhXe.png

Annnnd he's dead.

c2ia4n2.png

"Blaaaahhh"? You sound like... you sound like... I don't know, I just know that if I die in battle, this won't be my death rattle.

lKZhJRA.png

Wayland, please.

8FOTrkH.png

General? That was NOT a general.

Vlad: He doesn’t believe that the crown has discovered our true intentions. We are relocating though since it’s too early for everything to start just yet.

Wayland: How much longer?

Vlad: Soon, Wayland. In the meantime, we shall refine our swordsmanship to a higher level. Now, let us be off.

So, they have some MASTER PLAN going on! If the enemies are always this easy for them, they shouldn't have any trouble pulling it off...

6rUCe7r.png

Wayland: The enemies… They were mercenaries.

Meila: Like your brother, right?

Wait...

Wayland: Yeah.

Meila: It’s not like you to worry about things like that. I’m certain everything will be well.

Wayland: Yeah, you’re probably right.

"Like your brother"... hmmm...

2m3WLa6.png

Oh, I guess that's the end! Well, things will hopefully go back to normal next time!

This whole chapter took only 59 images, and almost all of them were dialogue and unit-showing. This has to be one of the shortest chapters I've ever played.

The CHAPTER 5 PRELUDE!

ciKTZ6y.png

ZC8KQtP.pngRFVHTxr.png

Well, this is certainly a big timeskip!

J: The land he received was a small estate of about 30 acres. Although quite small for his position, he was overjoyed nonetheless. After the first week spent renovating the estate, we realized that we had not been sent summons to court or other such duties. In response to this “treatment”, the captain decided to resume mercenary

kQK61L4.png

Look at that, I'm still the official leader! Didn't you read it? "Under the moniker of the Knights of Wodran"!

He forgot to capitalize my name, though... Eh, probably doesn't matter.

J: He claimed to be from the kingdom of Ostreich and requested our presence there. They said the details would be disclosed in Ostreich, but the pay was lucrative so the Captain quickly accepted. Arriving in the city of Mockern today, we will finally meet our employer…

Hmm... We better not accidentally end up working for evil people again.

aVzxBzs.png

That's kind of odd wording there, buddy.

Algimas: Thank you, Coster. You may rejoin the rest of the men.

Coster: Yes, my lord.

Algimas: *text skip* Still, he is quite the hard worker.

So, he must have joined us himself those three months! I wonder if he can fight...

Moniker: He is indeed, but to be invited to the grand hall. We must have caught the eye of quite the royal.

Algimas: Invited into the castle first thing. Are we really that famous to get hired all this way inland?

Moniker: Though I’m certain it is not entirely unheard of, a mercenary company led by a knight brings quite the attention.

Algimas: That it does! Ah, that must be our employer.

LaOH3wB.png

Hey there, guy... you're really... bald...

Nu1wHtR.pngTxe5aSL.png

Also the SUPREME captain!

Leyut: Well met, I am Leyut, lord of this city. Come, I shall take you to your future benefactor.

Algimas: Wait, you’re not the one that hired us?

QBoseVn.pngs5zfKur.png

What? Captainservant, uh... you stole Leyut's lines! He's probably all creeped out now!

lACTH2w.pngw0vixlS.png

Oh, hello there! You look okay.

c0vPOW9.png

(And also the leader!)

Algimas: Might I ask the name of our employer?

Clara: My name is Clara,

bnhwt0J.png

Well, looks like I was right, as always! We HAVE caught the eye of a royal!

eXRcZ5E.png

I'd like to make sure, but of course she cuts me off!

Clara: Allow me to cut to the chase. My uncle, Cortez sits on Ostreich’s throne due to an accident years ago that killed my father the king. However, as the surviving heir to the throne, I seek to return my monarchy to its rightful line.

2vDmVuD.png

Yeah! I mean, you apparently have a castle, it's not like they're treating you badly! I hope you've planned this out better than "hire mercenary company, murder enemies, ?????, profit!"

MBXdhb6.pngKAI2M08.png

If she's not gonna provide any better explanations to her plan...

Clara: My uncle would keep Ostreich subservient to Zentirim and lead it to ruin. I wish for its independence.

Y8fjbSi.png

Yeah captainservant, could you please actually take a minute to THINK this time?

dXoXumG.pngssYKBZC.png

Oh, OF COURSE.

7nkcSSV.png

Well, at least we can agree on one thing!

ilWq6Rg.png

Great. There's lots of them.

WC72FUO.pngufKe5Sf.png1oDAeCp.png

To be honest, aren't WE the ones with impeccable timing? They show up to murder everyone right as their opponents are hiring a highly competent mercenary company!

nsbEW8v.png

Yes, good. Let him do it. We can take some time to think this whole thing over.

xvOSb0a.pngwEhWxwn.png

AND NOW WE'RE COMMITTED. THANKS, CAPTAINSERVANT. Sometimes, you should really just let the TACTICIAN... do... tactics!

Clara: Ohhhh?

Algimas: It is fine, Moniker. This fight is a token of goodwill for our employer. I’m certain you also wish to know exactly what you’ve hired, Your Highness?

Clara: Very well. I expect results that uphold your reputation.

Algimas: And you’ll get them. Now, shall we, Moniker?

stL4yMv.png

And thus I am once again dragged unwillingly into the next literal chapter of my life. I really need to exert better control over my minions.

[END DIALOGUE]

SaFQqfO.png

Hey! This isn't chapter 6! Still, it's time to DO BATTLE!

YaKvQtc.png

Naturally, we've only been given 8 slots, which is just enough for us to take everyone... but Sven. Maybe next time, buddy.

JmtmB46.png

WHAT

2-STAR SURVIVAL RATING

WE APPEAR TO HAVE AN ACCOUNTING ERROR

CopDgW9.png

Our position. I'll look more carefully at the map in a moment.

yBUGxX4.png

Oh, hello!

Algimas: Certainly, and you would be?

vJY4a7j.png

Beatrice: I have been sent by her Highness to assist you.

Algimas: Fair enough.

Well, at least our employer is TRYING to help! She seems to be a mage, which we need, so I'll take her!

Q69jE4C.pngVLDppgd.png?1

SirHdnd.pngWcaqphP.png?1

[Almost perfect! I'm getting better!]

So, this map SEEMS huge, but look closer; it would be easy for us to just rush downward and kill our soldier boss guy! Of course, I know my troops need training and we ARE trying to be "impressive", so I'm not going to do that, and instead opt to kill everything and get all the rewards!

[i have no idea why there's an escape point in the upper-left corner, and no idea what's behind those conspicuously locked doors. We still have no door-opening tools, at least, not with our main party...]

meYABLq.pngT1J3oiD.pngYOAgvdk.png

So, mageservant is AWESOME. Amazing bases, and lots of growing room! She seems to have high speed and magic, and since the enemies we're fighting still don't have much RES, she'll pretty much be nuking everything for the next several chapters. The only problem is... she might surpass me... No, that won't happen! I just realized her weakness; Constitution!

And, she's apparently someone's wife? I guess that'll be important later... Unless Salamanca and Foskey aren't the same person, in which case...

DgU2rk9.pnggffgsfT.png

DECIDE WHO YOU ARE, ENEMIES!

zUnhEyK.png

A third alliance?

JvKa1PK.pngs0GvQnk.pngNNm2gZO.png

No wait, that's a person! Since we can recruit all people onto our side, I'll assume it'll be the same with her! When we do, she will be idleservant! The reason being, I simply don't have room for her on the roster! She'd probably do better than horseservant, and be our first real, honest-to-goodness swordservant, but... I'm going to hold out and see if we get a myrm who isn't crutchservant.

On the other hand, I do definitely want that dragonshield!

[Note that the status screen sprite does not match the map sprite. This is not the last time we will see this dissonance.]

yg9JxBF.pngZQKCUd5.png

The boss is Miguel, and he's no better than any of the other bosses have been. Sure, he has high HP, but that doesn't mean he'll be actually difficult to beat.

[NEXT TIME: We murder everyone, including people we really don't want to murder!]