Amiibo Support CONFIRMED!

Anacybele

FE: If Amiibo Support Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of Amiibo support below would you like best for the game?

• Codename Steam Method
    • Hyrule Warriors Method
    • Mario Kart 8 Method
    • Other
    • All of them sound great!

YES. :D

I just learned about this a little while ago!

I had made a thread on the idea soon after the game was first announced back in January, but it's kinda dead now, so here's a new one! Now that Amiibo support has been confirmed, what do you guys hope your Amiibos will be able to do for the game?

I have several possibilities in mind that could definitely happen. I'll list the named ideas first:

Codename Steam Support Method: The Amiibos would do exactly what they do in Codename Steam. That is to say, only the FE ones, Ike, Marth, Robin, and Lucina, will be compatible and scanning them will add them to your team in the game.

Hyrule Warriors Support Method: The Amiibos would function like they do in Hyrule Warriors and ANY Amiibo released right now would do something if scanned. Ike, Marth, Robin, and Lucina would unlock weapons/items related to them, like Ragnell/Urvan/Ettard for Ike, Falchion/Rapier for Marth and Lucina, and Levin Sword or some such for Robin. Other Amiibos would award you various amounts of gold or other more minor goodies, like how non-Zelda Amiibos give you rupees in Hyrule Warriors.

Mario Kart 8 Support Method: Use Amiibos to dress your Avatar up like Ike, Marth, Robin, Lucina, or maybe even non-FE characters like the MIi suits in MK8 do for your MIis! This would be fun. XD

Other ideas for Amiibos that I'm thinking of are:

- Unlock trial/DLC maps based on the Tellius or Archanea games (including Awakening for Robin and Lucina). You would only need to scan the Amiibo once for this so you can borrow a friend's Amiibo if you'd like!

- Unlock a special event/scene in the game that you can't see any other way, sort of like how Pokemon games have certain content that is event-only. This could result in you getting a special item/weapon too, to make it worthwhile. Again, you'd only need to scan an Amiibo once for this, so borrowing a friend's figure works here too!

- And of course, there could be a line of FE Amiibos released that could do any of these things or something else I'm not thinking of!

So many possibilities, and I'd be happy with any of them (especially adding Ike to my team! <3). ^^

Vote in the poll for which idea you like best too! Multiple choice is available as well.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Codename Steam method doesn't quite work for this game, as Einherjar/Spotpass characters will likely be returning. Hyrule Warriors is the most likely DLC method, but there are some issues with this concept. One issue would be with both Marth/Lucina's Falchion (too many Falchions, breaks the lore), and Robin's weapons being too generic. If I had to guess, I'd say that the FE Amiibo will unlock skills related to the character, such as Ike's Aether, and Robin's Ignis. No idea what Marth/Lucina would unlock though.

Not too psyched about the inclusion of amiibos, if we're being honest. But since they ARE including them, I want it to be minimal. Something like the Hyrule Warriors method would be best, in my opinion. I don't intend to use the amiibos (because I don't have an N3DS), so I don't want it to be an Insta-Win by any means--I'd prefer it not allow you to access units others can't use without amiibos, either, because I'm OCD, and I know I'd throw out a ton of cash for amiibos just to do that. *sighs*

The Codename Steam method doesn't quite work for this game, as Einherjar/Spotpass characters will likely be returning.

Where is this stated at? I never saw it anywhere...

Besides, Einherjar and Spotpass didn't get unique models or anything. Amiibos have more potential to give us those.

Not too psyched about the inclusion of amiibos, if we're being honest. But since they ARE including them, I want it to be minimal. Something like the Hyrule Warriors method would be best, in my opinion. I don't intend to use the amiibos (because I don't have an N3DS), so I don't want it to be an Insta-Win by any means--I'd prefer it not allow you to access units others can't use without amiibos, either, because I'm OCD, and I know I'd throw out a ton of cash for amiibos just to do that. *sighs*

The regular 3DS will eventually be able to read Amiibos too though, using an adapter.

I'm trying to picture Kamui dressed as Samus

It's a pretty funny thought.

That said I only own 2 amiibo (Link and Toon Link, hopefully Marth at some point and Roy whenever he exists /fangirlism intensifies) so it doesn't affect me a whole lot.

The Codename Steam method doesn't quite work for this game, as Einherjar/Spotpass characters will likely be returning. Hyrule Warriors is the most likely DLC method, but there are some issues with this concept. One issue would be with both Marth/Lucina's Falchion (too many Falchions, breaks the lore), and Robin's weapons being too generic. If I had to guess, I'd say that the FE Amiibo will unlock skills related to the character, such as Ike's Aether, and Robin's Ignis. No idea what Marth/Lucina would unlock though.

I don't see how Fire Emblem If will have any more Falchions than in Awakening. Also, the lore of If does not interfere with the lore of Archanea.

Just why do you want these games to not be timeless and lock content behind a wall of what's basicly on-disc DLC.. I will never understand.

Oh well, it's happening now and all I can hope for is that these figures will unlock one random item at a time, like they do in Hyrule Warriors.

I don't see how Fire Emblem If will have any more Falchions than in Awakening. Also, the lore of If does not interfere with the lore of Archanea.

Not to mention that more than one Falchion actually exists anyway. Isn't Alm's Falchion a completely different weapon from Marth's?

Just why do you want these games to not be timeless and lock content behind a wall of what's basicly on-disc DLC.. I will never understand.

Oh well, it's happening now and all I can hope for is that these figures will unlock one random item at a time, like they do in Hyrule Warriors.

Nobody said this was on-disc DLC or anything stupid like that. It's little stuff to add to your game, not complete it, like Sakurai describes.

Handling the amiibo like Codename Steam did would be really cool!

I can't really think of any other use for them though. The Einherjar wouldn't make sense with amiibo, only with Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina. That could be a thing... but I'm hoping for more amiibo compatibility.

Edited by Carter

Perhaps it could be a combination of the Codename Steam and Hyrule Warriors methods. The FE amiibo would unlock the character with special artwork, similar to the Awakening DLC, and give you a special item, while scanning any amiibo would just give a random item.

^That's a cool idea too! I just hope that if the artwork is a thing, Ike gets a better artist than the one that did his Awakening art... Seriously. At least give the guy his muscles this time!

I'm kind of torn between not caring and hoping the amiibo-related DLC won't be super major or anything too important. I am getting so tired of amiibo.

I'm not psyched for what's basically on-cart DLC, as minor as it may be. Hopefully it's just something small, like Hyrule Warriors.

Once again, why does it have to be on-cart DLC? I seriously don't understand why people are assuming this.

Although, I also don't want the content that the Amiibos unlocked to be too big, due to how much of a shortage there is of the figures right now. It just wouldn't be right for there to be big stuff that few people can access just because they can't get their hands on the figures.

Besides, I have thirteen different Amiibos, so I'd be getting a bunch of stuff no matter how you look at it if more than just the FE squad is compatible.

Edited by Anacybele

Although, I also don't want the content that the Amiibos unlocked to be too big, due to how much of a shortage there is of the figures right now. It just wouldn't be right for there to be big stuff that few people can access just because they can't get their hands on the figures.

Forget the amiibo shortage and remember that not everyone cares about amiibo or are sick and tired of all the drama surrounding them (much like myself). Whatever DLC the amiibo provides, it had better be SMALL because it's going to be completely uncool if we have to go out of our way to get amiibos (that we may not even want) to unlock something significant in the game.

EDIT:

I'm hoping it's just a random item or something and that's it not limited to just FE amiibos.. I'd really like to see an FE line of amiibos, though.

Oh great, more things to get scalped and people to whine about :P:

Edited by Sunwoo

Forget the amiibo shortage and remember that not everyone cares about amiibo or are sick and tired of all the drama surrounding them (much like myself). Whatever DLC the amiibo provides, it had better be SMALL because it's going to be completely uncool if we have to go out of our way to get amiibos (that we may not even want) to unlock something significant in the game.

The majority loves the figures though, otherwise they wouldn't be selling the way they do. So I'm sorry that Nintendo can't please every single fan on the planet.

The majority loves the figures though, otherwise they wouldn't be selling the way they do. So I'm sorry that Nintendo can't please every single fan on the planet.

Don't get snarky with me, you who complains about Nintendo not doing things you want them to do. There is nothing in your OP about people not being allowed to say if they're not happy about amiibo support being confirmed, I am well within my rights to express my displeasure without being toxic.

Don't get snarky with me, you who complains about Nintendo not doing things you want them to do. There is nothing in your OP about people not being allowed to say if they're not happy about amiibo support being confirmed, I am well within my rights to express my displeasure without being toxic.

Firstly, what are you talking about? I may get disappointed if Nintendo does something I don't like and say something about it once or twice, but I then accept it and move on.

Second, this thread isn't about whether or not you're happy about the Amiibo support, this thread is about what you want Amiibos to do in the game. So yeah, this thread is not the place to complain about it.

Edited by Anacybele