Amiibo Support CONFIRMED!

Anacybele

FE: If Amiibo Support Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of Amiibo support below would you like best for the game?

• Codename Steam Method
    • Hyrule Warriors Method
    • Mario Kart 8 Method
    • Other
    • All of them sound great!

I don't really care since I don't own any amiibo right now. I highly doubt the locked content would have any negative effect on my experience of the main game though, but if amiibo is the only way to unlock things like DLC-only classes, skills such as Limit Breaker, Paragon etc. then I'll be pissed. I don't care about weapons as long as they're not mandatory to beat any map (both in-game and DLC).

That said, I'm consider buying Ike and Lucina but I need to see what they do first.

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't own any Amiibos, so this doesn't really matter to me. I probably will get a few once this whole supply/demand thing dies down. But anyway, I think a combination of the Hyrule Warriors and MK8 Amiibo compatibility would be nice. My thoughts are: you can scan in amiibo, and if it's compatible, you get a costume for Kamui, that you can turn on and off. I would also like you to be able to share that costume with the other characters, just so I could have an army of Rosalina and Shulk. With Kamui being Little Mac, of course. I think the costumes would be perfect if they could apply certain classes (not new ones, just generic ones with a random ability or something) to let you play as Marx as a mage wearing Rosalina's dress. And one last thing, it would be amazing if, like someone mentioned earlier (If I'm not too lazy, I'll put the quote in later) you could get a monado as a weapon if you scan Shulk.

I think that I wont use them that much if the steam method is used or just a costume change. how about unique classes, original characters or skill scrolls? that would be a real game changer. Might be asking for much but I do have two FE amiibos and a third I could borrow so i want my moneys worth.

I think that I wont use them that much if the steam method is used or just a costume change. how about unique classes, original characters or skill scrolls? that would be a real game changer. Might be asking for much but I do have two FE amiibos and a third I could borrow so i want my moneys worth.

Only if these were also available for purchase for those of us without amiibos. Having to buy an additional piece of (rare and often overpriced) hardware to access such big content isn't something I want.

Only if these were also available for purchase for those of us without amiibos. Having to buy an additional piece of (rare and often overpriced) hardware to access such big content isn't something I want.

True I was just about to restate my post. I must live in the only place where Robin and Lucina seem to be fully stocked and at a fair price.

I'd be fine with the Codename STEAM method (Unlock new characters) if does not feature unique classes or abilities. It's pretty cool in Codename STEAM from a design standpoint, but it's extremely annoying to have completely unique weapons and abilities locked behind Amiibos. "You want a ranged weapon with a curvable arc? You need to play with Lucina. You want a character that can block Overwatch attacks? You need Marth." No, they are not necessary to beat the game (overall the FE chars seems to be on the weak side), but it's a lot of viable strategic options not available to the player that does not have FE Amiibos.

All those uniquely-behaving weapons and character abilities are all locked behind Amiibos. The worst part is that unlike a DLC that add those abilities, you can't even buy the Amiibos due to the supply issues (Which does not seem is going to be fixed anytime soon). So it's content that only a tiny amount of player can possibly experience.

So to resume... Adding new characters with Amiibos: Cool. Having those characters be able to do things that no other characters can do? Not cool.

There's no poll option for none.

Add this to my list of massive negatives about the game.

I guess if I have to choose one then Hyrule Warriors is the least upsetting because it would be most likely to only give things already in the game and thereby not screw fans who don't want to give 50$+ to scalpers because of Nintendo's ineptitude.

Edited by ckc22

I guess if I have to choose one then Hyrule Warriors is the least upsetting because it would be most likely to only give things already in the game and thereby not screw fans who don't want to give 50$+ to scalpers because of Nintendo's ineptitude.

Are you seriously blaming Nintendo for scalpers?

I would like the Codename: S.T.E.A.M. method, as I want to beat up people with Mario, Samus, Yoshi, and Pikachu.

Edited by SamusAran

There's no poll option for none.

Uh, why would there be a poll option for that? It would be pointless to add Amiibo support to the game if the Amiibos don't actually do anything when you scan them. Also, this thread is about what kind of support you want that to be, not if you want support at all. Like the title says, Amiibo support will be in the game, so asking if someone wants it is moot now.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of these complaints. If you hate Amiibos/don't care for them, fine, but don't come to this thread if that's the case.

Are you seriously blaming Nintendo for scalpers?

I would like the Codename: S.T.E.A.M. method, as I want to beat up people with Mario, Samus, Yoshi, and Pikachu.

I blame Nintendo for failing to supply enough to even get through preorders.

I blame scalpers for scalping.

Also Codename: STEAM is the worst possible iteration of what they could do with Amiibo.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of these complaints. If you hate Amiibos/don't care for them, fine, but don't come to this thread if that's the case.

I gave my opinion on what form it should take in the same post. I'd prefer no implementation - if not then something like Hyrule Warriors/Xenoblade - early versions/boosts that are available in game is what I'd prefer. You just chose to ignore it in order to complain about me not liking amiibos or what's been done with them.

And I'll post in whatever threads I want. Go police someone else.

Edited by ckc22

I blame Nintendo for failing to supply enough to even get through preorders.

I blame scalpers for scalping.

Also Codename: STEAM is the worst possible iteration of what they could do with Amiibo.

I gave my opinion on what form it should take in the same post. I'd prefer no implementation - if not then something like Hyrule Warriors/Xenoblade - early versions/boosts that are available in game is what I'd prefer. You just chose to ignore it in order to complain about me not liking amiibos or what's been done with them.

And I'll post in whatever threads I want. Go police someone else.

So you want $13 figures to give you a teeny tiny amount of content? That isn't worth even one cent, let alone $13. Codename Steam used Amiibos amazingly. Gave you complete characters to add to your team and use against the aliens. Totally worth $13. Heck, maybe even a little more. And that's just one game that they can do stuff in. These things give you content across multiple games, meaning you don't have to keep paying for said content. You've already paid for a whole buttload of stuff as soon as you buy the Amiibo, regardless of the price.

Exactly, you said you want no implementation, which is not what this thread is asking. Go complain somewhere else.

^ Wow i know ckc22 can be hard to talk rationally with on certain topics but do you realize you sound like you are insulting everyone who chose the hyrule warriors method, or at least dont want it to be unique content so they dont miss out on stuff in this game as not every one wants to buy amiibos, or can't find amiibos or dont want to have go get a new system or adapter to buy amiibos. i dont think a serious insult is intended but it does seem to be to undermine your argument. also your point on the fact that you can use amiibos on multiple games, just sayng not everyone has one or more of those games so the value of the amiibos depends on the person buying them, so for me an amiibo will cost the figure, plus the adapter or me deciding to get a new 3ds. And the value of it to me is a figure and whatever it unlocks in FEif. So ya forgive me if i use my money on getting the third path for less money,(well unless the adaptor costs less than around i would say 3-7$)

Now since it is happening i would say hyrule warriors and for the FE guys unique weapons would be okay or a awakening DLCesque character maybe, but i would rather it not be a new class, or a new map.

Actually heres a idea maybe a trial map for each amiibo put in (maybe a weapon/character,a bit of ingame resources for the nonfe figs,take you pick as well )but you can also get a trial map dlc, those with a lot of amiibos get something and i and others can still buy it.

Edited by goodperson707

So you want $13 figures to give you a teeny tiny amount of content? That isn't worth even one cent, let alone $13. Codename Steam used Amiibos amazingly. Gave you complete characters to add to your team and use against the aliens. Totally worth $13. Heck, maybe even a little more. And that's just one game that they can do stuff in. These things give you content across multiple games, meaning you don't have to keep paying for said content. You've already paid for a whole buttload of stuff as soon as you buy the Amiibo, regardless of the price.

Exactly, you said you want no implementation, which is not what this thread is asking. Go complain somewhere else.

I answered the question twice now.

You have created a topic in which you have a poll and you only want to hear opinions from people who agree exactly with you. That's not how this works.

Codename steam locks content behind amiibo paywall using characters that have barely been available. Also there's no way one character is worth 13$ in any game. Also at it's current price each is more like 50$.

^ Wow i know ckc22 can be hard to talk rationally with on certain topics but do you realize you sound like you are insulting everyone who chose the hyrule warriors method, or at least dont want it to be unique content so they dont miss out on stuff in this game as not every one wants to buy amiibos, or can't find amiibos or dont want to have go get a new system or adapter to buy amiibos. i dont think a serious insult is intended but it does seem to be to undermine your argument. also your point on the fact that you can use amiibos on multiple games, just sayng not everyone has one or more of those games so the value of the amiibos depends on the person buying them, so for me an amiibo will cost the figure, plus the adapter or me deciding to get a new 3ds. And the value of it to me is a figure and whatever it unlocks in FEif. So ya forgive me if i use my money on getting the third path for less money,(well unless the adaptor costs less than around i would say 3-7$)

Now since it is happening i would say hyrule warriors and for the FE guys unique weapons would be okay or a awakening DLCesque character maybe, but i would rather it not be a new class, or a new map.

Actually heres a idea maybe a trial map for each amiibo put in (maybe a weapon/character,a bit of ingame resources for the nonfe figs,take you pick as well )but you can also get a trial map dlc, those with a lot of amiibos get something and i and others can still buy it.

I'm difficult to talk rationally to because I disagree with you? :rolleyes:

Codename Steam used Amiibos amazingly. Gave you complete characters to add to your team and use against the aliens. Totally worth $13. Heck, maybe even a little more.

Are you serious? $13 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for one character in any game. Not even Smash Bros. charges that much for a single character.

You're being so ridiculously biased I can't even take what you say seriously.

If there isn't going to be a FE line of amiibo, I will only accept the Hyrule Warriors method where the amiibos served only as a means to get new stuff faster and eased the grind. Amiibo are way too difficult to get, notably the FE ones, and I know that if there's exclusive amiibo exclusive content behind them, there will be anger. I'm all for DLC (both on-disc and otherwise), but if I don't get the option to get the DLC that I want to get, then I have a major problem. It's like getting your credit card stolen every time you want to buy the content, only the content is the amiibo.

If we do get a FE line of amiibo, I'd be okay with the Codename STEAM method. I don't think this is a likely option at all unless such an amiibo line would be announced, though it'd be cool. Good luck actually getting them though!

I answered the question twice now.

You have created a topic in which you have a poll and you only want to hear opinions from people who agree exactly with you. That's not how this works.

Codename steam locks content behind amiibo paywall using characters that have barely been available. Also there's no way one character is worth 13$ in any game. Also at it's current price each is more like 50$.

I'm difficult to talk rationally to because I disagree with you? :rolleyes:

no its more the fact that though i do respect your opinions (some more than others i do tend to agree with a good amount of your non cash-grab comments) you do tend to spread the cash-grab one around a bit too much, and tend not to be that receptive to the fact that the game is not out yet, and that it might not be one, and it seems you take every piece of info that has to do with marketing as proof or growing evidence of your suspicions that it is a cash grab. Though if it is one it seems to be a poorly implemented one as the thing you seem to have the biggest problem with, is not marketing it as two Versions, which i would say if the were sure they were going to release it as two (which if it was a cash grab they would know) they woulda of mentioned it. Though frankly im sure we all have topics we feel strongly about and the comment was not totally serious. so agree to disagree?

lets just roll with that we both hate amiibos instead, how about that?

Edited by goodperson707

Codename Steam used Amiibos amazingly. Gave you complete characters to add to your team and use against the aliens. Totally worth $13. Heck, maybe even a little more. And that's just one game that they can do stuff in.

I would like to say that Codename Steam used Amiibos amazingly but that still doesn't count in for the distribution problems. I couldn't use Ike, Robin, or Lucina in Codename Steam even if I wanted to, since Nintendo's distribution sucks. And that's coming from someone who would own those Amiibo if she had them!

What about people who don't want to buy Amiibos or the cards, regardless of distribution problems? Are you saying that they should lose out on the on-cart content locked behind an amiibo paywall? Why can't those people have a way of paying a price for whatever the Amiibo unlock?

This is why I hope they go for a Hyrule Warriors approach to Amiibo content. Give us 1 random Regalia/rare loot per Amiibo per day or something. That way nobody's missing out on whatever the Amiibo unlock. I'd even be ok with specific Einherjar being available since that's not locking away say, an entire map or anything behind what are currently hard-to-obtain figures. If they do end up opting for a map, let those of us who are having difficulties obtaining certain Amiibo pay a smaller price for whatever is hidden behind connecting to those NFC chips.

Heck, we don't even know how much or how readily obtainable the NFC reader for original 3DS systems is going to be. We could end up with another Gamecube Adapter disaster.

I think a Read/Write function for the FE Amiibos is a feasible idea for this game. Your own Marth/Ike/Robin/Lucina that has its levels, items, skills and whatnot written onto the Amiibo and can be brought over to another person's game like in Super Smash Brothers 3DS/WiiU.

Surprised no ones bought up the topic of the card based amiibos. Its very likely that a card will be included in all physical cases to give everyone a little taste of what they could have.

I would love if it added the amiibo character to you game like STEAM did.

I have an undying love for Robin and the tactician class, so having him return in any way, shape, or form would be really awesome.

I may also own a Robin amiibo just in case...

Surprised no ones bought up the topic of the card based amiibos. Its very likely that a card will be included in all physical cases to give everyone a little taste of what they could have.

I mean... I'd love to see cheap amiibo cards for the same functionality without the price for people who are uninterested in figures... but what makes you think they're even close to releasing these - especially outside of Japan? (just curious)

Though frankly im sure we all have topics we feel strongly about and the comment was not totally serious. so agree to disagree?

lets just roll with that we both hate amiibos instead, how about that?

sho' :):

Edited by ckc22

^ Wow i know ckc22 can be hard to talk rationally with on certain topics but do you realize you sound like you are insulting everyone who chose the hyrule warriors method

Ah, yeah... I guess I did. My apologies then. Although Hyrule Warriors gives you anything from a weapon to just one rupee, so it's not always a teeny tiny amount of content. And I kind of more so meant that Amiibos shouldn't only give you a tiny amount of content in any game and that's it. I don't think that's worth $13.

Also at it's current price each is more like 50$.

Nintendo isn't the one charging that money. Blame scumbag scalpers for that. Also, the only Amiibos that are $50 or more are Rosalina, Pit, Little Mac, and Captain Falcon as far as I've seen on Amazon. Otherwise they all go for just $40 or less, including the FE ones. Marth and Ike, that is. I don't know about Robin and Lucina since Amazon US hasn't made them available for preorder yet. Overseas, yes, they probably are $50, but that's because Europe is overall more expensive than the US. And there's shipping costs.

Are you serious? $13 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for one character in any game. Not even Smash Bros. charges that much for a single character.

You're being so ridiculously biased I can't even take what you say seriously.

lolwut? Mewtwo's price is very generous. You do realize that it takes more time and money to make extra content for a game, let alone a full character to play as, don't you? $13 is perfect, imo, for characters as complex to model and animate as the FE ones. If this were a character like, say, Kirby, then it could be cheaper because he's less difficult to program. But depending on who the character is and what they do in the game, $13 is fair to me.

I'm honestly surprised that the Awakening DLC maps were as cheap as they are. They had to have taken even more time and money than individual characters did.

And biased on what, exactly?

Edited by Anacybele

What I don't get is why people want amiibos to unlock playable characters when Awakening already did that but made it available to everyone, charged less for it, and included maps and sometimes items or skills with it.

I feel the same about TCG Marth/Lucina/Minerva tbh, they should be available without the cards.