Batmafia!!! Game Over

Mitsuki

In bad news we lynched the cop and the doctor consecutively. In good news, the ITP nobody knew existed died. Working on a post in a different game, but

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

I also think Sniper should explain in more depth about Mancer, because it's really screwing with my read on him.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I wish YOLOSWAG would improve the quality of his Avatar, maybe with something a bit more style, like a Falcon Punch or more backwards caps. His style-o-meter is very low, I don't like it.

I also wish someone could give me a quick rundown on Tiny Goddess's Audino avatar. I don't understand why she has it.

My avatar looks like he didn't read the game that he was in, and I think I'll change it to sciencedog.jpg (the one that says "I have no idea what I'm doing")

So yeah I tried to look through Izuhark's ISO and see what I could gain but he literally didn't have any interactions with anyone other than dead people (Diego), or people already being heavily scrutinized ()Mancer). Most of his other interactions were minor and don't really matter that much. Proto-Blitz (Sounds like a Mega Man Boss!) also has no associatives since maf and town wouldn't act differently casing/buddying them.

Elie post 4 realz

Mits/Vhaltz can we get host ISOs? Makes scanning votals a lot easier.

My posting is as real as your avatar's need to be replaced with something more Gaius'y (you know, since he calls Chrom Blue and all).

Basically, in terms of people who should have their avatars replaced, I'd put the top two contenders between

YOLOSWAG

maybe Dreamer? I can kinda see some weird behaviour coming from her scowling avatar.

and I'm honestly not entirely sure if Tiny Goddess should really replace her avatar with something that's red or something that's blue in theme. Can somebody please give me a rundown as to why she should receive a Red avatar, to match the blood of her impending lynch?

Also, if i'm being honest here, If you want to see Mitsuki's glorious avatar or any of the other hosts' avatars, check these out. Kaoz's avatar is objectively the best, but Mitsuki's is cute, too.

Mitsuki
Vhaltz
Kaoz
Eclipse

There are more investigative roles than just cop; I'm in one of those. I'm not very familiar with this version game, so I assumed that outing myself early would be fine since there are a lot of protecting roles? Apparently not, since I was roleblocked last night, while trying to investigate TinyGoddess. On the first night, I investigated Mancer, who performed no actions, so I'm assuming he's a townie, since the mafia unsuccessfully tried to kill someone on night 1.

So Sniper = Tracker in all likelihood. Makes some sense, I guess. That... doesn't really clear Mancer? Since Announcer could work for both town and scum.

not sure if elie is shitposting or got hit with a posting restriction. assuming that "avatar" = getting lynched or something along those lines.

Would like Tiny to make another post before I do anything, so back to ##Vote: Baldrick in the meantime. Same comment as yesterday, nothing new today aside from a really early consolidation vote.

@JB: Sounds like a Voyeur, if the result was "did nothing" rather than "visited nobody".

Anyway, I have zero motivation to dig through ISO's right now, even if I did activity in general is rather sporadic and there seems to be some consensus as to who to lynch. So I'd rather converse my energy for the back-and-forth.

Isn't voyeur the role that lets you see what actions were performed on the target? Sniper's role feels more like a tracker/follower to me rather than voyeur/watcher.

I'm literally dying in real life right now and haven't been updated with the game for some time so please let me catch up and post when I start to feel better. Running a fever of 39 degrees Celsius isn't comfortable at all...

I investigated Mancer, who performed no actions, so I'm assuming he's a townie, since the mafia unsuccessfully tried to kill someone on night 1.

This does not necessitate that Mancer is town. Mancer could have performed an untrackable action, a concept that we know exists in this game due to Proto/Blitz's flip. I don't know whether or not being blocked usually makes you return a negative tracker scan, but if that is the case, it could also be a viable explanation if scum!Mancer attempted the N1 factional kill.

All that said, the possibility of scum!announcer is fringe enough that I'm not going to push it...

In examining what may have prompted scum to kill Izuhark (assuming Proto/Blitz was not the faction that killed him, and that the kill was deliberate), I can see two reasons:

(1) they killed him for being a JoaT, either due to belief of his D1 softclaim or due to investigation, or

(2) he was pushing cases on scum.

I'm not really sure if (2) warrants a kill since Izuhark's only non-consolidatory vote of D2 was on Mancer, and the case was very brief and never expanded upon or revisited. Furthermore, there were some of us who would probably be larger threats to Mancer that posted about possibly lynching Mancer after Izuhark did, myself included. It's entirely possible that Mancer isn't even scum, and thus Izuhark's reads posed no threat to scum. Thus, I'm inclined to believe that there exists an investigative among the mafia.

There's little to go on, but we can't take this anywhere without votes.

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

"[izuhark's] claim seems to be pretty genuine, however odd and random as it may be. Eh, but that information could be used against him."

See my analysis of Izuhark's death above as to why this D1 quote from TG is indicative of scum.

I also don't like how noncommittal TG's general verbiage is while trying to present scumreads - in the post linked above, she says that she is "most mildly concerned" about Diego. Here, she says that her read on Dreamer is "extremely null." The terms try to impart weight and indifference at the same time, and end up looking contradictory.

It's like TG is afraid of using stronger words to affirm investment for any of her scumreads. Here at the start of D2, she holds her vote because she wishes to wait for others who've not yet posted to give their thoughts first, but doesn't explain why those particular people or their opinions are important to her. It reads like she's waiting to feel out the climate of the everyone's reads and sheep them.

This is a scum post. TG says that she now doesn't feel that Dreamer is scum because of the latter's recent post... why? TG expresses another null read on Sniper, without giving thoughts as to what she thinks of Sniper's claims, only that the claim felt genuine (yet not genuine enough to concretely make Sniper a townread? What else is needed beyond a perceived genuine tracker claim?).

Most telling, that post is concluded with a sheeped case on Clarinets that isn't accompanied by a vote. TG went through the entirety of D2 without voting. If Clarinets is TG's only scumread as of late D2, there's no reason not to vote that I can imagine, short of not wanting to appear on the list of people who were on a town-flipped wagon. Bal talked about looking through the people on Diego's wagon at length yesterday, and I can see scum!Dreamer reading through that, and wanting to support a Clarinets lynch while still avoiding being examined.

Bal talked about looking through the people on Diego's wagon at length yesterday, and I can see scum!Tiny Goddess reading through that, and wanting to support a Clarinets lynch while still avoiding being examined.

ebwop

More inclined to believe that mafia killed Izhuark because he was essentially cleared by Refa's post restrictions, so might as well off a confirmed town to increase the chance of a mislynch. Don't really get how GP jumped to concluding that scum have an investigative role, so...

no change from baldrick vote; same problems as mentioned earlier. again still waiting for a TG post.

@JB could you explain why Izuhark's Post Restrictions cleared him? It could have been a mafia role mainly designed as a fakeclaim, so I don't really think that was it. Wrt JB, his Baldrick read isn't bad, but I usually remember Baldrick (might be wrong here) not saying all that much, and "coasting" as both alignments.

GP's additions to the TG case are good, especially the Izuhark comment.

Sniper should stop being vague because it's outed he's an investigative role and we might as well know the full spiel.

Okay, splitting this up into two posts, one for replies and another for me comparing TG's Mafia Sucks Mafia Game play to this one.
Regarding the nightkills, there's no way that scum didn't kill Proto/Blitz and Proto/Blitz didn't kill Izhuark considering that there are no other killing roles AFAIK. If one of those kills came from a vig, they should...shouldn't claim it because there's a flipped SK but it complicates things.
Ugh, I know I say this every time I analyze Dreamer's read posts, but I'm feeling better about her slot after it. You know what, fuck this noise, I'm just going to go with my gut on this read because a lot of my initial impressions of her posts are "town" until someone says "no, you see that's scummy". I don't see why she'd waffle so much on Green Poet as scum when people have complained to her about it. The rest of the post is null for me (it's...decent; nothing really stands out one way or the other besides her waffle on Clarinets which bother me...but it's not stronger than my town read). Really my only longstanding issue with Dreamer is that I can't see why else Proto/Blitz were killed when the slot was hardcore tunneling into her on the end.
Fair enough regarding your Clarinets vote, GP. Something about this ("Regardless of your alignment, you should be voting Clarinets now.") gives me a bad gut feeling, though. Why did you need to specitfy the "Regardless of your alignment" part? Additionally, I don't get what you're saying WRT scum killing Izhuark because they have an investigative role. Why would scum opt to kill a completely useless role? Anyways, I haven't been opening your links but I'm fine with most of your TG case save for one part. You mention that she hadn't made a vote on D2, but she also...didn't really make any posts for most of the day (and by any posts, I mean like anywhere on the forums; actually, the same holds true today). I don't think a newer player like her would be ballsy enough to fake being inactive, so I'm reading that specifically as null over any indication of her alignment.
Baldrick, I've already made my thoughts on Sniper's clear of Mancer...clear, for lack of a better word. I'm not townreading Sniper (what has this slot even done other than clearing Mancer; the only reason I'm not scumreading him is because I'm not sure if Newb!Scum would jump so easily at the opportunity to clear someone) nor do I trust his ability to clear someone with a role that isn't cop/mason (the former of which got lynched and the latter of which is unlikely to exist considering his words implied an active role).

On the first night, I investigated Mancer, who performed no actions, so I'm assuming he's a townie, since the mafia unsuccessfully tried to kill someone on night 1.

Explain yourself, now. How does Mancer performing no actions correlate to him being town on a night where mafia's kill action was unsuccessful (and what do you think of him now considering that he just mentioned that he was roleblocked)? This has some bearing on a theory of mine regarding Mancer (PEdit Actually GP ruined it, but basically I'm saying that Scum!Mancer could've been on the kill two nights ago), so I'd appreciate it if you answered this ASAP.
Assuming that Elie has a PR (maybe there are multiple PR roles and they BOTH targeted me yesterday). So you're...scumreading YOLO and Dreamer, and don't understand the scumread on Tiny. Can you vote, at least so I can get an idea of where you're coming from?

##Don'tChangeYourLameAvatarUntilPostGame! Elieson

##Don'tChangeYourLameAvatarUntilPostGame! Lord Gaius

##Don'tChangeYourLameAvatarUntilPostGame! Sniper Knight

##Don'tChangeYourLameAvatarUntilPostGame! MancerNecro

##MaybeChangeYourAvatar Green Poet (#360 is an amazing reason to have you change your avatar later, and have Tiny Goddess change her avatar relatively soon)

##MaybeChangeYourAvatar Refa

##MaybeChangeYourAvatar Balcerzak

##MaybeChangeYourAvatar JBCWK (oh happy birthday btw, can I get you a new avatar to celebrate?)

##MaybeChangeYourAvatar King Baldrick

##ChangeAvatarISuppose Dreamer

##ChangeAvatarLaterIGuess? Tiny Goddess (If ya'll will sheep me in suggesting that she change her avatar to this, I'll sheep on the perfectly logical case presented against her by GP which I support like 92.2% btw)

##ChangeAvatarNow! YOLOSWAG

##Vote YOLOSWAG

##Unvote YOLOSWAG

##Vote Tiny Goddess

Fair enough regarding your Clarinets vote, GP. Something about this ("Regardless of your alignment, you should be voting Clarinets now.") gives me a bad gut feeling, though. Why did you need to specitfy the "Regardless of your alignment" part?

At the time, I felt as though I was making no headway in negotiating or agreeing with any of my scumreads (Dreamer, Clarinets, Mancer) on... anything. Knowing that many of the players in this game, like TG, Izuhark, and Dreamer, are relatively/completely new to SF mafia, I felt that it would help get the urgency of my message through if I specified that voting Clarinets was genuinely crucial to keep the game going for everyone, including them, should they be scum.

The wording is weird, I understand, as it involves trying to come to terms with scum on a rhetorical level. But considering that scum!GP would have just posted the message in the scumchat instead, I was confident enough that my motivations would not be misunderstood and that my saying "regardless of your alignment" would not distract from the focus of the situation.

Anyways, I haven't been opening your links but I'm fine with most of your TG case save for one part. You mention that she hadn't made a vote on D2, but she also...didn't really make any posts for most of the day (and by any posts, I mean like anywhere on the forums; actually, the same holds true today). I don't think a newer player like her would be ballsy enough to fake being inactive, so I'm reading that specifically as null over any indication of her alignment.

That's interesting. I actually hadn't gone through TG's overall SF post history, just her game ISO as provided by the hosts. It's something worth considering.

##MaybeChangeYourAvatar Green Poet

Mm, I'll think about it!

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/TinyTiki.gif

So I separated Green Poet's post into several paragraphs, since she sums up what everyone's case is on me.

TG says that she now doesn't feel that Dreamer is scum because of the latter's recent post... why?

Well the only reason I have for the first sentence is really that I might have been a little rash. I guess some words pinged me as weird and I didn't like that...

TG expresses another null read on Sniper, without giving thoughts as to what she thinks of Sniper's claims, only that the claim felt genuine (yet not genuine enough to concretely make Sniper a townread? What else is needed beyond a perceived genuine tracker claim?).

Well, she didn't really claim their results from N1 until like right now, her other posts were just... There. It was just to signify that she was here. There really wasn't much to pick off of it.

Most telling, that post is concluded with a sheeped case on Clarinets that isn't accompanied by a vote. TG went through the entirety of D2 without voting. If Clarinets is TG's only scumread as of late D2, there's no reason not to vote that I can imagine, short of not wanting to appear on the list of people who were on a town-flipped wagon. Bal talked about looking through the people on Diego's wagon at length yesterday, and I can see scum!Tiny Goddess reading through that, and wanting to support a Clarinets lynch while still avoiding being examined.

Alright, I take the blame for that. Usually the times I get to post is before school, which is a pretty hectic time to do it as I have a limited time to do it, and after school, which being stuffed with homework and by the time I get back I'm prodded or w/e. The reason I didn't vote was because I wanted Clarinets to have a time to defend himself before I was sure I had something good on him. Usually by the time votes end I'm not here. So... I apologize.

This is really the only defense I have. So if it isn't to your liking, that's fine...

Still working on that analysis, but while you're still here, who are the top three people you'd want to lynch today and why?

I was busy today so my post is probarly not much:

Super Knight #355: “On the first night I investigated Mancer, who performed no actions”

That is strange, because Mancer stated that his action failed. Not that he didn’t perform one.

( And if i’m just stupid now )

It is very easy to say something like that, because Mancer said it in his morse code a few posts before. Can you give me another reason to believe you’re claim.

And i don’t get it why everyone thinks that Izhuark was the one who was killed by the mafia and not Formina.

Alright, I'm Town Doctor. I protected Formina Sage Night One so he's definitely Town.

We now know that Clarinets was a doctor ( and that Formina had not a bulletproof vest or something ), so the scums would take out the only person they could not day lynch anymore. Formina.

only have time to reply to this i have an exam in 100 minutes rofl

@JB could you explain why Izuhark's Post Restrictions cleared him? It could have been a mafia role mainly designed as a fakeclaim, so I don't really think that was it.

1. Izhuark immediately joke-but-actually-seriously claims his role.

2. He kind of randomly accepts his death like w/e

3. He states he has visitor + PR.

4. Refa gets the most amazing PR and claims to have been visited.

I think his general style of play and the fact that Refa confirmed his role made it fairly obvious (not 100% guaranteed, I grant you that, but a mafia JoAT with visitor would have been... lol).