Batmafia!!! Game Over

Mitsuki

Baldrick I literally said like "this is a town or scum thing however it's scummy because (case)" and I voted you.

That implies you don't actually find it scummy per se, you're just scumreading me because of (case) [do you mean the interaction with tiny?]

It's strange that Tiny didnt defend herself from you. It strikes me as she wasnt able to figure out a good way to defend herself from a buddy. Heck she barely mentioned you.

But why are you concluding Tiny would be reluctant to attack her buddy? That would defeat the purpose of bussing.

I don't know what youd do but I certainly think u are capable of bussing. I dunno how others could handle your theoretical coaching tho...it is a valod point

What reason do you think she could have for rejecting the coaching?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That implies you don't actually find it scummy per se, you're just scumreading me because of (case) [do you mean the interaction with tiny?]

Ok let me try this again

@Baldrick, an ISO shows really short posts that tend to show poking and prodding but not as much effort towards committed reads. Reads as feigning contribution because of the lack of results driven from his efforts; which could easily be viewed as scum or town so it's tough to analyze.

This part is my case of "Baldrick asked her many generalized questions that did not lead to conclusive and logical reads".

It's not necessarily scummy or townie because either you were town and pushing for reactions and just never got them, or you were scum and just trying to look town by keeping your eyes placed around the game. Tough to analyze and frustratingly, not very indicative of alignment. It's worth noting, in case someone else maybe spots something within your play that I misinterpreted/whatever, but from what I can gather, nothing here is really hinting at your alignment.

The driving factor here is that Tiny just ignored him so much, yet Baldrick kept poking her, a lot. It stands out because by association, if Tiny responded to Baldrick more then there would be more of a read to develop between the two.

This part is my case of "TG never really replied to Baldrick, which seems weird given the amount of simple questions she should have been able to answer without making either you nor her look bad."

I cannot think of a townie reason for her to continue posting, but to not include responses to your pokes and prods. I can think of reasons for her!scum to not want to respond to you!scum in this situation; she may not be sure of how to respond without making either herself look bad or you look bad. In this situation, she just opts to limit her sparse posts to ones that don't include anything regarding you. It keeps her from saying anything bad about scum!you and at the same time doesn't present any obvious connection between scum!you and her.

But why are you concluding Tiny would be reluctant to attack her buddy? That would defeat the purpose of bussing.

I don't think Tiny is confident in her abilities as a player to bus, given her efforts through the game thus far. It screams newbscum, which is something I and many others have been victim of.

What reason do you think she could have for rejecting the coaching?

Any combination of [No Skype + Forgetting to check scumchat + Being given vague suggestions/tips that she can't comfortably interpret + Just being overwhelmed by paranoia and unsure of her abilities as a player + Asking for help but not getting an answer and/or not getting an answer in a timely manner + People responded to her questions in private and because she was given an answer(s), was unsure of how to forge reactions to them in public aka the thread + Cracking under pressure + Her buddies said they would bus her and she should strategically take one for the team for theoretical towncred ?since I'm assuming her jack role was mostly used up by the time we lynched her?]

I can think of reasons for her!scum to not want to respond to you!scum in this situation; she may not be sure of how to respond without making either herself look bad or you look bad. In this situation, she just opts to limit her sparse posts to ones that don't include anything regarding you. It keeps her from saying anything bad about scum!you and at the same time doesn't present any obvious connection between scum!you and her.

1) A lack of reaction can be just as telling as any other reaction. It is not natural; it can give the impression you're not bothered about being scumread and don't care if you're lynched.

2) A similar reasoning can be used to justify scum!tiny and town!me. Scum don't want to avoid associations that can incriminate buddies; they also want to avoid associations that can clear town players.

The exception to this rule is bussing; scum are trying to create "false positives" for town to pick up on, so stronger reactions and longer interactions will draw the attention of town and give them more to work with.

I don't think Tiny is confident in her abilities as a player to bus, given her efforts through the game thus far.

Do you think that I would lack the confidence to tell her to bus, and what to say if she really couldn't come up with anything?

Do you think that she would be confident enough in her abilities to not do as I say?

Stopping here and taking a break.

Baldrick, what's your role? If you don't want to claim (or think massclaiming itself is stupid), then at least mention why because I have no idea what's going through your head ATM. I should probably read through this thread and I'll do so after other people actually start posting.

Nice Mafia Goon claim.

Could you send messages to the ITP as well? Asking because in Epic Mafia, agents could do just that.

This part is my case of "TG never really replied to Baldrick, which seems weird given the amount of simple questions she should have been able to answer without making either you nor her look bad."

OK, I still don't get your case. She responded to my queries here and here. She did not answer my follow-up query asking her to elaborate on her Sniper read. Those questions had nothing to do with her read on me, so what is your logic in saying her neglecting to answers those questions makes her "noobscum being really cautious about giving their buddies a bad rap in thread." ?

------

As for Elie's reasons why Tiny might reject coaching:

+No Skype

+Forgetting to check scumchat

I don't believe she wouldn't remain in contact. Her posts don't suggest she's that careless.

+ Being given vague suggestions/tips that she can't comfortably interpret

+ Asking for help but not getting an answer and/or not getting an answer in a timely manner

+ People responded to her questions in private and because she was given an answer(s), was unsure of how to forge reactions to them in public aka the thread

If I may stroke my ego, these reasons strongly point to me NOT being on the scumteam. I'm nothing if not timely, and I always sweat the little details. I would never leave a buddy struggling, lest they pull me down with them.

+Just being overwhelmed by paranoia and unsure of her abilities as a player

+Cracking under pressure

Again, her posts don't support those ideas. She is calm, if somewhat timid in her defence, almost to the point of apathy. If she was being overwhelmed but had the motivation to hide it, I don't see why she wouldn't be listening to her buddies

+Her buddies said they would bus her and she should strategically take one for the team for theoretical towncred ?since I'm assuming her jack role was mostly used up by the time we lynched her?

If that was the case, the fact that she redirected Sniper suggests she was going along with it.

##vote: Elieson

I haven't forgotten about Shin, but he's probably still asleep. But the next 8 hours are British suntime (or at least, it would be if it ever stopped pouring with rain there during winter), so I expect him to Do Something soon.

In fact, hearing from people other than Refa and Elieson would also be neat.

##vote: Elieson

I haven't forgotten about Shin, but he's probably still asleep. But the next 8 hours are British suntime (or at least, it would be if it ever stopped pouring with rain there during winter), so I expect him to Do Something soon.

In fact, hearing from people other than Refa and Elieson would also be neat.

Nah, I'm just ILL.

Baldrick, your claim doesn't really do much for me. I mean, it sounds silly enough to be in a game like this, but there's no real way you'd ever be able to prove it. Nearly as bad as the cultproof miller role I got one game!

I've said a little about Eli, but most of the game that isn't you/Refa is really quiet. I keep forgetting Dreamer/JB/Sniper exist.

sorry im really not paying much attention + i'm getting subbed out fairly soon (i'm assuming i don't have internet for the next 3 days)

BUT if mits can tolerate me being potentially gone for 3 days then i can continue until 15th.

---

this sounds like the game of almost useless town roles lmao. also neigbour. cool. which means... we probably have like 1-2 more?

---

WRT baldrick bussing tiny...

-baldrick votes TG at the end of D2 after Clarinets claims. claims at some point on d3/d4 (can't be arsed to go back and look but it's there) that TG was his greatest scumread at this point in time.

-spends the first ~80-90% of D3 going after Tiny, keeps his vote on Tiny after all her posts and stuff. only swaps to mancer because people began to prefer a mancer lynch.

-votes tiny d4 after she says she decoy'd sniper (lol)

i could imagine scum!baldrick playing with the idea that tiny was going to be lynched d3, given how tiny became a potential lynch target near the end of d2 iirc? and so bussing the everloving shit out of her before mancer got lynched as a happy little accident. it's... not the worst idea in the world. especially when you consider baldrick's response of "yeah her responses were ok but she's still my biggest scumread so im still voting for her". like... who can argue with that logic?

also what the fuck is an agent that sounds absolutely useless

---

still feel like ##Vote: Elie is the best choice. really not feeling the mancer hammer especially since as mayor you literally could have waited until like 1 min before deadline to hammer it on your own?

...so am i the only who wants to still lynch dreamer?

refa/shin/sniper are off the table for me leaving jb/elie/dreamer/baldrick. i tend to lean towards jb being innocent so im guessing dreamer + 1 of eli/baldrick. more confident in dreamer flipping scum

##vote dreamer

@Yolo are your reasons for voting dreamer still based on your D2 contentpost (waffling on Diego)? Also here you said you wanted Dreamer dead if TG flipped town, but TG flipped scum, so...

@Refa are you still on board with a fullclaim from everybody?

@Sniper exist pls

Dreamer has been prodded

Sniper Knight has been prodded

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa [Votals 5.1]

Elieson (4): Shin, Refa, Baldrick, JBCWK (L-1!)

Baldrick (1): Elieson

Dreamer (1): Yolowsag

Shin (1): Elieson

Not voting: Dreamer, Sniper Knight

47 hours until the Batrewedding and Batredivorce! Life goes by so fast! It takes 5 votes to lynch someone.

Looking for someone who wants to hydra with JBCWK since he'll be inactive for a while (hope you're ok with this). Contact me if you want the spot!

Woah, hammer too close, bro. Batman will have to wait until he can get divorced again.

##Unvote

I'd like to hear a little more from people, especially those who haven't posted this phase, although the fact nobody's appeared to hammer Eli is somewhat reassuring. Plus, I want to see Baldrick post for my own amusement.

I'd like to hear a little more from people, especially those who haven't posted this phase, although the fact nobody's appeared to hammer Eli is somewhat reassuring.

Actually, I went on for the express purpose of hammering Elie before realizing that I had already voted him. Dammit, past me.

(real talk, I'm working on a post now)

Woah I didn't even realize that I was at L-1!

I'm surprised JB put me at L-1 though.

Mitsuki loves the Agent role, I'd believe that it exists if I were rolling Host meta but it's seriously a really bad and unprovable role, frustratingly, unless someone wants to quote Baldrick PM'ing them all sorts of shenanigans

Baldrick why are you voting for me? You're asking me a shit ton of questions which I understand the point of I think, but I cna't tell if you think I'm scummy or trying to apply pressure or something

Ahh I'm sorry I'm alive also I was roleblocked

I'm still thinking Dreamer since a lot of her actions and Tiny's actions would make more sense if they were working together, but for the sake of a lynch,

##Vote: Elieson

(what's L-1 I can't find it on the FAQ)

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, December 11, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, December 11, 2015 - No reason given

Dead

##Vote: Elieson

(what's L-1 I can't find it on the FAQ)

I'm sorry, I just needed to comment on how hilarious I find this. I don't mean to bother you guys in here but come on. That is funny stuff. Writing the second half of this post I had a hard time stopping laughing. I mean, this is just such an ironic and entertaining situation.

Oh and Sniper Knight, L-1 means that the person is one vote away from being lynched. So you just lynched Elieson.

Like seriously, this is so entertaining to me that I'm considering putting it in my signature. So, can I Sniper Knight?

Dead

Still Dead

EDIT: Dang it, Shin, why'd you ruin it without me noticing? Ignore this post, everyone.

Still Dead

Edited by ClarinetsandOboes

Dead

I'm sorry, I just needed to comment on how hilarious I find this. I don't mean to bother you guys in here but come on. That is funny stuff. Writing the second half of this post I had a hard time stopping laughing. I mean, this is just such an ironic and entertaining situation.

Oh and Sniper Knight, L-1 means that the person is one vote away from being lynched. So you just lynched Elieson.

Like seriously, this is so entertaining to me that I'm considering putting it in my signature. So, can I Sniper Knight?

Dead

Still Dead

EDIT: Dang it, Shin, why'd you ruin it without me noticing? Ignore this post, everyone.

Still Dead

Enough from the Peanut Gallery

@Sniper GEEEEEEEEEEEZ that would've been a fast lynch. :(

Who hasn't claimed at this point j/c? Shin/Omega/JB? Are we still doing a massclaim?

IIRC Dreamer claimed hooked on N3. Nobody else did, and it's consistent with N2's claimed hooks on obviSniper

Omega et al, do ya'll think that Dreamer's Firefighter claim could be scum/fake given the ITP arsonist flip? I don't think it's really been proven, frustratingly.

And/Or

Do you think scum is faking this hook claim and they risked throwing out a hook elsewhere?

I'm also not feeling Baldrick's self-defense.

Why is the whole idea of Coached!TG such a critical point to you that you feel the need to defend every single aspect of it so righteously?

##Unvote

yeah ok after that let's keep it at L-2

---

sniper do you have any other reasons for voting elie aside from the fact that he's really close to a lynch

yolo do u have anything to say

i have an idea about dreamer's role but i'm going to hold it back until she makes at least another post (anyway if i get a hydra they can find it in the role pm)