Lost in Thoughts All Alone (Amalee Version)

*Haku

I'm sure some of you may have seen this already:

I was taken by surprise when she didn't use the same lyrics as the original, but afterwards I was moved by her rendition of the lyrics.

Do you guys think this could've also been the lyrics for Hitori Omou? Or the lyrics are far too different.

Nonetheless she did a flawless job :D You guys should listen to this if you haven't yet already

i really love it

i feel like the lyrics flow a lot better than the ones in the game, even if they don't carry the same meaning

like, there's a lot less awkward stretching of syllables and weird stressing of certain syllables (compare "may the tide ever change) to (yet the waters ever change")

the singing and the instrumental are both really beautiful

i like it a lot

as much as I love the one in the game, I think i honestly prefer this one

i really love it

i feel like the lyrics flow a lot better than the ones in the game, even if they don't carry the same meaning

like, there's a lot less awkward stretching of syllables and weird stressing of certain syllables (compare "may the tide ever change) to (yet the waters ever change")

the singing and the instrumental are both really beautiful

i like it a lot

as much as I love the one in the game, I think i honestly prefer this one

yeah i agree. it flows much better. I like both but this is 51% original is 49 X

While I love the original and I did think Rena did an amazing job, I also love this one. Amalee always does an amazing job when she covers songs.

The singer here has a good voice, but she had no business making new lyrics, imo. The official lyrics are just fine to me and Rena Strober did an AMAZING job.

The comment from the uploader

Gonna answer this question first: WHY DID YOU NOT USE THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH LYRICS? -- WELL, I actually started writing this song before the game came out -- so I had no idea what the official English dub lyrics would be (especially for the Nohr path), but I really wanted to give this song my own twist, so I decided to make my own English lyrics based off of the translation (also the official dub didn't dub the entire song, so I was going to have to fill in some blanks anyway!) There are some lines I decided to use from the official dub though, since I thought they fit quite nicely~ I hope no one is too terribly upset by this decision, but I hope you can enjoy this version none the less! :)

The singer here has a good voice, but she had no business making new lyrics, imo. The official lyrics are just fine to me and Rena Strober did an AMAZING job.

Well, the lyrics here were written before the game's release, so there were no official lyrics yet. I'm assuming she didn't want to completely rewrite her song after the game's release, but she did tweak it a little to add some lines from or inspired by the English lyrics from the game.

Wow, another amazing piece ! I kind of slightly prefer these lyrics overall especially when "thou" replaces "you". But I, for one, didn't mind the "Yet the waters ever change". "Yet may the tide ever change" doesn't feel the same. Yet, for the same reason "an ocean of waves" sounds better than "the ocean gray wave"

And my most favourite lyrics : "Even the thorn in your heart can become a rose' didn't make it....

Rena Strober's version sounds more poetic to me and this one is more... serious ?

The singer has such a nice voice and the instruments fit each theme so much. And the art is beautiful.

A mix of these two versions' lyrics would be almost perfect, yet Idon't know if it would work well...

I don't get the complaints at all.

Songs are interpretation and flow.

The official English lyrics have been changed from the original Japanese to have the meaning feeling of the song flow nicely and speak to the human emotions.

People are too nitpicky. And this is coming from the guy who enjoys Renka's version of the song the most. It doesn't change Rena Strober's performance or her's.

It's a beautiful song and her personal interpretation and performance is beautiful as well.

The official English lyrics have been changed from the original Japanese to have the meaning feeling of the song flow nicely and speak to the human emotions.

People are too nitpicky. And this is coming from the guy who enjoys Renka's version of the song the most. It doesn't change Rena Strober's performance or her's.

It's a beautiful song and her personal interpretation and performance is beautiful as well.

Are you talking about the Youtube comments? Because only like 3 people here complained, and all of them did give compliments too.

Fantastic.

I appreciate the different lyrics. It's not so much a cover as a re-interpretation, going a step further than just her singing the English version. I really like the different lyrics, they are well thought out. It's apparant right fromt he start that it will be different, when teh words are "you are an ocean of waves."

The song has a very different feeling to it. I like Rena's voice better but this has a very unique feel to it. I especially like the last (Revelations) part.

Edited by XaosLogos

Fantastic.

I appreciate the different lyrics. It's not so much a cover as a re-interpretation, going a step further than just her singing the English version. I really like the different lyrics, they are well thought out. It's apparant right fromt he start that it will be different, when teh words are "you are an ocean of waves."

The song has a very different feeling to it. I like Rena's voice better but this has a very unique feel to it. I especially like the last (Revelations) part.

Thats because she translated the lyrics before the English was revealed :p

Well, prefering some details over others can be nitpicky sure, but if you can't prefer some details over some others, then the words "prefer" and "argumenting" would be meaningless. I mean : There are two english versions of the sons, so of course people would compare both more scale why they prefer one version over another. And if you can't compare, you can't prefer a version ove another. Being "nitpicky", as long as you stay polite, has never been a problem in my eyes, but forcing your perspective on other people is what I would have blamed people for (if they did) because prefering one version over another is just subjective and personal ( that'sprobably why you didn't get the complaints. Not that I blame you, just guessing here...). As you mentioned : a version won't change another. Well I might have phrased it badly, but I hope it was understandable.

Well, prefering some details over others can be nitpicky sure, but if you can't prefer some details over some others, then the words "prefer" and "argumenting" would be meaningless. I mean : There are two english versions of the sons, so of course people would compare both more scale why they prefer one version over another. And if you can't compare, you can't prefer a version ove another. Being "nitpicky", as long as you stay polite, has never been a problem in my eyes, but forcing your perspective on other people is what I would have blamed people for (if they did) because prefering one version over another is just subjective and personal ( that'sprobably why you didn't get the complaints. Not that I blame you, just guessing here...). As you mentioned : a version won't change another. Well I might have phrased it badly, but I hope it was understandable.

Well, it's not like the internet doesn't stop us from sharing our opinion anyway. Personally, I am with shadow here, I believe that the song was able to add it's own creativity into the original and that it was sung beautifully. However I do understand why people have complaints about it. Most of this came from the symbolism in the original songs and how it's very important to the game's lore.

I think the biggest problem that is being addressed is that people are quick to jump on sides. Going to see the song's youtube page, you can already see one of the top comments being "THIS IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL". That itself is the stem of the problem. One person's detailed opinion can end up changing a perspective. It also not just being nitpicky over a version that you don't like because as you said, that is subjective. People will express what they like or don't like regardless in any matter or form. However, there are limits to that expression. If it's done incorrectly, a lot of people involved will end up getting hurt, especially the creators. (Something that shadowofchaos understands a lot.)

Edited by TanatatKnight

Well, it's not like the internet doesn't stop us from sharing our opinion anyway. Personally, I am with shadow here, I believe that the song was able to add it's own creativity into the original and that it was sung beautifully. However I do understand why people have complaints about it. Most of this came from the symbolism in the original songs and how it's very important to the game's lore.

I think the biggest problem that is being addressed is that people are quick to jump on sides. Going to see the song's youtube page, you can already see one of the top comments being "THIS IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL". That itself is the stem of the problem. One person's detailed opinion that end up changing a perspective, regardless. It also not just being nitpicky over a version that you don't like because as you said, that is subjective. People will express what they like or don't like regardless in any matter or form. However, there are limits to that expression. If it's done incorrectly, a lot of people involved will end up getting hurt, especially the creators. (Something that shadowofchaos understands a lot.)

That clarified a bit, thnks. I sometimes forget Youtube and other social networks exist. Well, I see what you mean. Sorry, I didn't get it from the start.

I'm not sure how a few stretching syllables or a lack of symbolism made the either song terrible. Both were greatly interpreted.overall, and yeah hating a song over a few flaws in the songs and emphasing that hate with caps is indeed being too nitpicky.

Edited by Luxian