Make up your own class! (Woo!)

CT075

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there already is another topic like that on the FE General board...

There is, but it's been dead for quite a while now. Just use this one.

Speaking of which, I think that this would be better off in the General Fire Emblem board. Off we go!

I've always liked the idea of a mage that can use magic and swords (Battle Sage?). However, they screwed up the knife-sage in PoR. I'm steadily moving away from the idea.

A pegasus mage would be awesome! Or perhaps a flying archer? A purely healer-oriented peasus (read: Not Elincia) would be useful too.

An unpromoted, horseback mage? I'd use that.

I've always liked the idea of a mage that can use magic and swords (Battle Sage?).

Mage Fighters in Genealogy can use magic and swords. Mage Knights too. Neither are very good at using non-magic swords, though (low strength cap and low sword level).

^ Samurai :D

He uses katanas

Also, Dragoons would be cool. A lot of games take a different perspective on dragoons but my ideal dragoon would use heavy swords. Like twice as big as a mercenary sword. XD

Epic Hero

A promoted hero that uses axes, bows, and swords

Skills: Controlled Shot- Allows Epic Hero to defend against directly adjacent units with a bow, but only using half strength for damage calculations. This skill isn't affected by enemy skills.

Edited by SunMoonSky

I can't think of a very good name besides Hunter for my made up class. It would be a myrmidon-like unit who uses swords and bows. They would have low HP and Def but high Skl, Sp, and Str.

And a Pegasus Mage would be cool too. A pegasus archer would be neat as well because you could have it chase after other flying units and be able to own them in one shot.

I can't think of a name, but how about an armoured class that wields bows, axes, swords and lances. Maybe Champion.

Generals could do that in Genealogy and Thracia. ^_^

The Juggernaut:

HP cap: 60

Str cap: 30

Mag cap: 20

Skill Cap: 28

Speed cap: 20

Luck cap: 30

Defense cap: 50

Resistance cap: 40

Master Skill: Big Shield(when activated: 50% Can cancel an enemy attack. 50% half enemy attack)

Note: the activation rate for Big Shield is Res%, and it only activates just before an enemy attack/counter-attack.

The reason some of the stat caps are so high is because it's a 'third tier' class, like in RD.

Notice the high resistance cap, that's why some stats, like speed, are lower than they should be, the purpose of this class is to have a Marshal with more defense, which can be very usefull in a building, more specifically in a confined area or hallway were enemies would have to get through said Juggernaut, even magic users can be ineffective, if you have high enough Resistance.

Mage Fighters in Genealogy can use magic and swords. Mage Knights too. Neither are very good at using non-magic swords, though (low strength cap and low sword level).

And as far as I could tell, according to the site: Master Knights (I never played FE4, or FE5, so I wouldn't know for sure.)

Class Name: Crusader

Weapon Experience: Sword, Lance, Axe. (Weapon Triangle Control FTW!)

Caps:

Str: 29

Mag: 15

Skill: 30

Spd: 24

Luck: 25

Def: 30

Res: 25

Con: 14/20

Move: 8

Type: Mounted Horsemen

Skills: Negate enemies skills during a battle when confronting a Crusader.

I'll just copy and paste from my archives in regards to FE8x.

Adventurer

Adventurers are those that pilfer things from random people as they travel. This may sound bad, unless you consider that these seemingly immoral humans are hired specifically by their country to do that. Adventurers are almost always hired for their pilfering skills, allowing the government they work for to give no taxes to the people.

Adventurers wield Knives, and face a difficult decision when they promote. Do they continue on with their work for the government, becoming a Spy, or do they become attracted to riches and become a real Thief?

High Priest:

High Priests are religious figure-heads tasked with the difficult role of interceding for people and their misdoings. They are the ones that cry out to save their fellow-man from any "sins" any of them may have committed. They are best known for being kind and not judgmental, despite their role.

High Priests wield Light Magic and Staves and can only be Male. When they promote, they have finally heard enough problems to understand the true weight of the people; enough to become a Judge.

Class Name: Crusader

Weapon Experience: Sword, Lance, Axe. (Weapon Triangle Control FTW!)

Caps:

Str: 29

Mag: 15

Skill: 30

Spd: 24

Luck: 25

Def: 30

Res: 25

Con: 14/20

Move: 8

Type: Mounted Horsemen

Skills: Negate enemies skills during a battle when confronting a Crusader.

That seems a lot like a Paladin (FE7) with slightly altered stat caps and, frankly, a really powerful skill (assuming that enemy skills aren't like a needle in a haystack).

--------

As for a class... I have so many to choose from. >_> Looking at them, quite a few of them need updated concepts, since they're all primarily older ideas.

However, two of the better ones on my old list are the Oracle and the Avenger.

The Oracle is (in the list that I'm drawing it from) a third tier unit that is a special promotion from the base Mage class. Select Mages (based on character bios and personalities) would first promote into Battlemages, units that retain their base specialization of Anima, gain the ability to use Maces, a subcategory of the Axe discipline, and Staves. From Battlemages, these units would become Oracles, gaining higher caps and a skill, Balance. Due to the Oracle's calming inner nature, Balance reduces adverse effects, such as WTD and effective bonus damage, to the unit done by enemies.

The Avenger is (again) a third tier (you can tell that this was done forever ago, since I'm not fond of third tier units now with the advent of FE10) that is the promotion from the base Drake Rider class (an alternative to Wyverns and Pegasi). Drake Riders use Lances and Avengers add Bows, a specialization of Anima, and a skill (Flamberge) to its arsenal. Flamberge is the attractive portion to the class, as everything else has been suggested before. Flamberge automatically targets the foe's weaker defensive stat (though, it isn't always automatic, as a foe can cancel it based on their Luck as a percent), regardless of whether the Avenger is using Lances, Bows, or Anima magic. In effect, it makes stronger weapons more useful, yes, but WTA/WTD and such still come into play.

Edited by Lord Glenn

I'd really dig on a playable Magic Seal who can heal, for those of you who haven't beaten FE7 it's this one enemy who can't attack, but about 15 spaces all around him are redder than normal. In those red spaces, no one can use magic or heal, and the Magic Seal can move to change which spaces are red. It's pretty tough to explain, so if you don't get me just watch this: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=v7RZ3J58sK0 but keep in mind that this guy really hacked that copy of the game. Anyway, notice that the mages avoid attacking inside that red area, this is because they can't when they stand there. The Magic Seal also has four fantastic body guards surrounding him, has maxed luck, uber defense and uber resistance.

I'd love to play as one.

I've improved on my Villager class! :)

NOTE: In order for this unit to actually work, something similar to the growth rates of FE11 would have to be applied. You know, in which class growths and character growths are different numbers, and are added together to get the final unit growth.

Villager: A bit like the Villager class in FE2 and the Trainee classes in FE8. Villager class is kinda like the "wild card" of Fire Emblem. Uses swords as a default. Growth rates are all at 30% for this class. Base stats are all equal to 5. Promotion is dependent on the maximum stats of the unit. Promotion takes place on level 5, unlike regular promotions.

Promotion:

Mercenary < Equal max stats are 2 or more in: Strength, Defense, Skill, and/or Speed

Shaman < Equal max stats in: (Strength, Defense, Skill and/or Speed), and (Magic, and/or Resistance)

Myrmidon < Speed

Fighter < Strength

Archer < Skill

Knight < Defense

Mage < Magic or Equal max stats in: Magic, Resistance

Priest < Resistance

Dancer/Bard < Luck

Troubadour < Female only; (Magic and/or Resistance), and Luck + extra movement (Boots)

Nomad (or equivalent) < Skill + extra movement (boots)

Mage Knight (or equivalent) < Magic and/or Resistance + extra movement (Boots)

Wyvern Knight < Strength and/or Defense + extra movement (boots)

Pegasus Knight < Speed, and/or Luck + extra movement (boots)

Cavalier < Equal max stats are 2 or more (Strength, Defense, Skill, Speed, Magic, Resistance) not covered with above promotions + extra movement (Boots)

Once unit is promoted, it takes class growths that are typical of the class it promoted to.

NOTE: Luck is not taken into consideration in promotion except for the Dancer, Troubadour, and Pegasus Knight Class. If luck is highest stat, the next highest stat is taken into consideration.

I tried to cover as much loopholes as I possibly could, but I'm not sure if I covered them all! If you spot one, please tell me!

<3