Haar

Knife

Pegasi are pretty weak in FE10. The only one I actually use is Marcia cause she's faster and you have a little time to train her. Tanith and Sigrun can't double anything when you get them and by that time, most of your team should be able to kill the enemies in one-round. Kieran and Geoffrey are better than Marcia in those few chapters and Titania and Oscar can be promoted/close to promotion before the CRK join the GMs. Paladins have some terrain issues but they usually do more damage than pegasi do.

Pegasi are inferior to wyverns in almost every way. They're weaker, have less defense, less skill, and less HP. They're a little faster and might be doubling more but they have trouble one-rounding anything that doesn't have low defense cause they're strength sucks.

And axes > lances.

So I'd say wyverns > horses > pegasi

Edited by KSFF2150

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In FE10, Pegasi are pretty terrible compared to Wyverns and Horses. Titania, Oscar, Kieran, and Geoffry all say Hi.

Not at all. Horse units got a lot of restrictions, such as being completely unable to go over swamps and mountains and bad caps if your name isn't Mist, Astrid, or Fiona. Sigrun is pretty terrible, but Tanith and Marcia are both pretty good, and the class as a whole is a better choice for endgame. Then there's Elincia, a flying healer.

Still, wyverns > Peggies > horses

Not at all. Horse units got a lot of restrictions, such as being completely unable to go over swamps and mountains and bad caps if your name isn't Mist, Astrid, or Fiona. Sigrun is pretty terrible, but Tanith and Marcia are both pretty good, and the class as a whole is a better choice for endgame. Then there's Elincia, a flying healer.

I feel that the pegasi in this game are all somewhat okay to substandard fare. What happened to Tanith's awesomeness in the last game? :(

But yeah, Haar is very cool, if only because he's on a dragon, he hits for a lot of damage, and he's good at kicking ass considering he's an insomniac.

Swamps are pretty rare. The only one I can think of that affects Part 3 would be DB vs. GM. I can't think of the chapter.

Pegasi are weak to Bows AND Wind Magic, the former being rather common. Horses are weak to... horseslayers. Yeah, those appear every 10 chapters.

The only cap that's significantly different between Seraph Knights and Axes Knights is Res, where Seraph Knights have the lead.

HOWEVER. Let's compare the characters.

Sigrun sucks. Tanith is very meh. Marcia would be good if not for her terrible avalibility.

Fiona sucks. Oscar is amazingly fast with an Earth affinity. Titania has Axes and she has great strength. Kieran, Makalov, Astrid, and Geoffry suffer the same fate as Marcia.

Paladins win this round.

Swamps are pretty rare. The only one I can think of that affects Part 3 would be DB vs. GM. I can't think of the chapter.

You're thinking of 3-7, where if you're too slow you don't face the DB anyway.

Also, 3-6, even though most of us probably don't use Fiona anyways.

Pegasi are weak to Bows AND Wind Magic, the former being rather common. Horses are weak to... horseslayers. Yeah, those appear every 10 chapters.

The only cap that's significantly different between Seraph Knights and Axes Knights is Res, where Seraph Knights have the lead.

HOWEVER. Let's compare the characters.

Sigrun sucks. Tanith is very meh. Marcia would be good if not for her terrible avalibility.

Fiona sucks. Oscar is amazingly fast with an Earth affinity. Titania has Axes and she has great strength. Kieran, Makalov, Astrid, and Geoffry suffer the same fate as Marcia.

Paladins win this round.

Speed caps anyone? Plus, horses can't jump ledges while Pegasi aren't even affected by it, and this does affect them.

Pegasi have good resistance and avoid, so crossbows are really all that get them very much, and that's mainly only in part two. Besides, how can you mention Oscar's earth affinity without mentioning Tanith's? Combine it with better speed and luck and she has much better avoid.

Don't forget that without Marcia, you're hard pressed to save all the villages in Marauders and get that Spirit Dust. She's also good in her part 2 chapters to fly over things the horses can't so easily cross.

Then the bridge chapter, the first chapter Marcia returns for and Tanith's first chapter. Fliers are invaluable here for plugging up holes, and Haar is only one unit.

Then there's the desert chapter in part 2, which is where Tanith and likely where Marcia is. No movement hindrance at all. Horses move, like, one space. And 4-5 sees some more swamp action, further restricting horses, while 4-4 has lots of ledges, forcing horses to go around as well as them having 2 less movement already.

Then there's Elincia, who is the best unit in part 2 and still great in part 4.

Pegasi win this round.

Titania and Oscar are good, Kieran and Geoffrey are decent. Sigrun sucks, but Marcia, Elincia and Tanith are good...

You're not bringing Pallies to Micaiah's route anyway unless you're mentally unstable.

Edited by Nathan Graves

Titania and Oscar are good, Kieran and Geoffrey are decent. Sigrun sucks, but Marcia, Elincia and Tanith are good...

You're not bringing Pallies to Micaiah's route anyway unless you're mentally unstable.

The 3 you mentioned can't anyway. This was before you mentioned Kieran. Wait, is Oscar locked to Ike's group? I think he is. Either way, Ike has Oliver's mansion and Geoffrey will have the swamp to deal with.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

The 3 you mentioned can't anyway. This was before you mentioned Kieran. Wait, is Oscar locked to Ike's group? I think he is. Either way, Ike has Oliver's mansion and Geoffrey will have the swamp to deal with.

He's not locked, but IMO, Pegasi are better for the utility. I would say that in battle, Paladins and Pegasi are pretty tied. Also, the best chapters for the horses are Tibarn's chapters (the swamp doesn't them down too much) but the Pegasi serve a great role in Micaiah's chapter, once you factor out the Wyverns. Ike's chapters are more for ranged weapon users.

Edited by Knife

Haar is amazing, you can do almost every Ike chapter by just rescuing Ike then using Haar to win it. He seems overrated though, Jill is an excellent character too.

That's actually what I do whenever I'm not using anyone on the GM. Especially helpful for the Dawn Brigade playthrough. The only chapter that's a problem is the one where you burn supplies. Why do you need to rescue Ike though?

Personally, I think paladins are the worst class in the game.

And of the three pegasai, the only one in RD I really like is Tanith. Elincia I count as a flying Valkyrie. And she's a goddess of battle and healing.

But anyway, all in all, I agree with Fox. Even though the debate was already over as soon as Fox worked her magic.

That's actually what I do whenever I'm not using anyone on the GM. Especially helpful for the Dawn Brigade playthrough. The only chapter that's a problem is the one where you burn supplies. Why do you need to rescue Ike though?

I like doing speed runs, you don't have too. The only problem Haar faces is magic, and most end game enemies are magic users doesn't help either. Especially when your on hard mode. :(

And of the three pegasai, the only one in RD I really like is Tanith. Elincia I count as a flying Valkyrie. And she's a goddess of battle and healing.

But anyway, all in all, I agree with Fox. Even though the debate was already over as soon as Fox worked her magic.

You're kidding, right?

Dude, that is so wrong. I can think of a few classes that are easily worse than paladins.

Cats have transformation problems so they won't be killing anything. Every 3 or 4 battles they need to fill up on olivi grass. The rest of the team can clear the enemies while they're filling up their gauge. Not cool.

Ravens are good at dodging and they're very fast but they can't kill anything. Their gauge goes down almost as fast as the cats' gauge. Plus, the only ravens in the game have horrible availability (Naesala doesn't count).

Whispers have horrible strength cap and use the worst weapon type in the game. Completely inferior to trueblades and Volke. They're only good for stealing and have trouble killing things. Plus bane sucks cause it never works the way its supposed to.

Saints have a low speed cap and are frail as hell. They're good for healing but not as attackers. I've got no problem defending them and they're good at what they do.

Paladins have canto and pretty balanced stats except defense and speed are a bit low. Yeah, they get slowed down by terrain but that's only on a handful of maps. They're good on all the other ones.

Haar can easily get the job done for the majority of his time he's around. One of the best units in the game without a doubt. In my first playthrough he was the first person to reach tier 3. Magic is Haar only real concern.. his speed isn't amazing but gets the job done and only starts to show its weakness when he caps out with his low speed cap of 32...which means he isn't doubling a few enemies in the end of the game but he's still hitting strong enough to be helpful.

He's also is pretty awesome in regard to his personality, that experienced laid back guy that you can count on in a pinch.

I like doing speed runs, you don't have too. The only problem Haar faces is magic, and most end game enemies are magic users doesn't help either. Especially when your on hard mode. :(

That's why that I don't use him in Part 4's endgame chapters. He is only useful for battling up to the point that your other characters matches his prowless (Mainly Jill). She is the only flyer that you should bring to the endgame chapters.

Haar can easily get the job done for the majority of his time he's around. One of the best units in the game without a doubt. In my first playthrough he was the first person to reach tier 3. Magic is Haar only real concern.. his speed isn't amazing but gets the job done and only starts to show its weakness when he caps out with his low speed cap of 32...which means he isn't doubling a few enemies in the end of the game but he's still hitting strong enough to be helpful.

He's also is pretty awesome in regard to his personality, that experienced laid back guy that you can count on in a pinch.

Well, in FE9 he is truely laidback. Because in that game...he is downright terrible.

Edited by Lenneth

That's why that I don't use him in Part 4's endgame chapters. He is only useful for battling up to the point that your other characters matches his prowless (Mainly Jill). She is the only flyer that you should bring to the endgame chapters.

Well, in FE9 he is truely laidback. Because in that game...he is downright terrible.

I didn't think he was that bad in PoR. Maybe compared to Jill, he looked like shit but he's pretty good with brave weapons. He wins the award for "Most Improved Character".

I keep hearing Haar is overrated...how do you overrate the best unit in the game again? I'd say the only ones who ever match his utility are Ike and the herons.

Also, Shinon is a good match for Haar for most improved.

I keep hearing Haar is overrated...how do you overrate the best unit in the game again? I'd say the only ones who ever match his utility are Ike and the herons.

Also, Shinon is a good match for Haar for most improved.

Don't you mean the best beorc unit in the game? Because the Laguz royals and Reyson are easily better than Haar.

Don't you mean the best beorc unit in the game? Because the Laguz royals and Reyson are easily better than Haar.

I imagine he meant Beorc, since it's obvious that folks like Nailah and Tibarn outclass any beorc.

Still, Haar is an amazing, who cares about that speed? He can easily solo part 2 in the chapters he appears!

Haar is one of the best, but not the best. It could be argued that Ike is better, and Reyson is likely better. Haar easily makes the top 5. He's overrated because people tend to think he is the best unit in the game.