Rate the DLC-Unit 1 (37): Nel

Guidelines:

2.1.) mention the diffculty on which you rate the unit 

2.2.) what classes your unit went through, what skills they had and so on; don´t consider obviously suboptimal builds.

2.3.) no DLC rings, no non-unit DLC bonuses

2.4.) no grinding in skirmishes

2.5.) no rng abuse (no resetting for bond rings)

2.6.) cooking is allowed

2.7.) ratings to be given in the format X/10

2.8.) if it isn´t mentioned above, it´s fair game

2.9.) no "Kagetsu exists and obsoletes Lapis, 0/10", explain your rating

Unit: Nel

Class: Fell Child

Lvl   HP    STR   MAG   DEX   SPD     DEF    RES   LCK   BLD

Bases:          5     35      14      12        17      19       14        15      16      8

Growths:      /      55     30      25       40      45      30        35     30     10

Personal Skill: If foe initiates combat against Rafal, grants Crit+10 to unit for 1 turn.

Innate Proficiency: Lance

SP: 2000

Support Bonuses:

C    Hit+10
B    Hit+10
A    Hit+10
S    Hit+10

Tools and mo stats:

Average Stats - Fire Emblem: Engage (FE17) (triangleattack.com)

Engage Numbers - Google Tabellen

Rating: 

Next unit on Monday

As a slight nitpick, if rating DLC units, I think it's fair to also allow DLC rings (well, bracelets technically), Rule 3 in the guidelines.  If you have access to Nel, you definitely have access to Edelgard / Dimitri / Claude at minimum and for free basically, and possibly more.  (Although the DLC maps generally being harder than the regular game makes it weird, granted, since if you could already beat the DLC Emblem join map, you're clearly capable of taking on the rest of the game...)

Edited by SnowFire

4 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

what do the good people fo the forest, think about rating the DLC boys n girls with the DLC rings and bracelets?

It makes the most sense, but I'd also have to wonder when we can assume that the DLC characters get recruited. They're pretty broken if we play through the Xenologue on Normal just to have them for the main game on Maddening if the rest of the DLC doesn't break the game already.

I'm not technical minded enough to be able to give her a proper rating, but I think Nel's in a weird position. Her class has good stats and obviously the Dragon typing is always a big plus, but her Personal Skill is useless when deployed without Nil and her Class skill is completely useless unless you get her early in a playthrough (and even then Engaged Attacks are only used by a few bosses). If she got blanket protection from all Corrupted units or something instead, then she'd at least have some lasting value.

I wish her version of Fell Child was good for more than just replaying Divine Paralogues/ Fell Xenologues, because not only is the design cool, Nel herself is a really good character too (at least in my opinion). Nil's Fell Child is far better.

P.S. I'd like DLC Emblems to be added to the discussion now that we've started discussing the DLC characters too, please!