Coolest BK kill ever!

Just beat the game yesterday for the fourth time. My Ike had everything maxed except for luck, res, and mag. Here's how that fight went:

1st turn: Ike attacks BK for 9 damage, BK counters for 19 damage. BK heals himself a bit then attacks for 19 damage, Ike counters for 9 damage.

2nd turn: Ike uses an elixir. BK heals himself a bit then attacks for 19 damage, Ike counters for 9.

This is the cool part!

3rd turn: Ike Aether's the BK, the BK counters with a Luna! :blink: BK heals himself a bit then attacks for 10 damage, yay Miracle! Ike counters for 9 damage.

4th turn: Ike kills the BK.

Just beat the game yesterday for the fourth time. My Ike had everything maxed except for luck, res, and mag. Here's how that fight went:

1st turn: Ike attacks BK for 9 damage, BK counters for 19 damage. BK heals himself a bit then attacks for 19 damage, Ike counters for 9 damage.

2nd turn: Ike uses an elixir. BK heals himself a bit then attacks for 19 damage, Ike counters for 9.

This is the cool part!

3rd turn: Ike Aether's the BK, the BK counters with a Luna! :blink: BK heals himself a bit then attacks for 10 damage, yay Miracle! Ike counters for 9 damage.

Wow, that was almost identical to my last PT except there are a few differences.

1st turn: Same except Mist healed Ike after he attacked BK.

2nd turn: I risked Ike attacking BK without healing him and he activated Aether, thankfully BK didn't activate Luna. Mist healed after.

3rd turn: Ike attacked, BK activated Luna

4th turn: Ike kills BK (finally)

This happened on my fifth playthrough and its the only time where my Ike was lucky enough to kill BK.

Does anyone know how much damage BK usually does with Luna? I keep thinking my Ike is getting saved by Miracle when he activates Luna but maybe he'd still be alive anyways without Miracle.

Edited by KSFF2150

Assuming that Ike has capped Defense, it looks as though Luna would do 31 damage to him. (30 Str + 18 Mt - 24 Def *.5 - 5 Def = 31 damage) (This is also under the assumption that the Black Knight's Luna is the same as all of the others, which I think it is.)

(Replacing your actual Def in the equation will give results for that value if it isn't capped.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

The damage Luna does depends on your Ike. To find out just add half of Ike's defence to the amount of damage the black knight normally does.

Thanks Lance. So my Ike had maxed defense so Luna would do about 30 something damage. So BK has never activated Luna when my Ike was low enough that Miracle would have to activate. If the defense is an odd number, is the damage rounded up or down? Ike's max defense with Ragnell is 29.

Edited by KSFF2150

If the defense is an odd number, is the damage rounded up or down? Ike's max defense with Ragnell is 29.

Seeing as my formula was wrong, I can answer that effectively now. Damage is rounded down for an odd-valued Def stat.

The real equation should be the following: BK's Str(30) + Alondite's Mt(18) - (Ike's Def(24 at cap) + Ragnell's Def(5)) which yields the correct number, 34, assuming that the Def is rounded down. (After watching a video to find out what it actually was...)

So, Luna rounds damage down (Aether does as well, then) and I was wrong in tacking Ragnell's Def bonus on after the calculation for Luna.

Seeing as my formula was wrong, I can answer that effectively now. Damage is rounded down for an odd-valued Def stat.

The real equation should be the following: BK's Str(30) + Alondite's Mt(18) - (Ike's Def(24 at cap) + Ragnell's Def(5)) which yields the correct number, 34, assuming that the Def is rounded down. (After watching a video to find out what it actually was...)

So, Luna rounds damage down (Aether does as well, then) and I was wrong in tacking Ragnell's Def bonus on after the calculation for Luna.

Thanks for the calculation.

yeah, my ike was at full hp and hit me with luna so i noticed that it did 34 damage. seeing as he was normally dealing 17 damage to me, I thought that Luna was just double damage.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the cool part!

lol amazingly, thats EXACTLY how my battle with BK went yesterday. Only I used Mist to heal me and not a elixir. And my Ike only had HP, Str, Def, Skill, and Res capped...

I hate this battle so much. I finished my last playthrough about 2 weeks ago and Ike didn't activate Aether once in this battle. Maybe I should give him wrath and adept or something next playthrough cause I've only beaten BK once out of 6 playthroughs. I'm sick of Ike being unable to defeat the BK when he's supposed to in the story (maybe not PoR's story but RD's mentions him defeating the BK).

How do you give Ike resolve when you get it in this chapter? Is there another one hidden somewhere?

• 4 weeks later...

One of most recent PT I have my Ike attacking from afar whenever its my turn to avoid luna, although it never activated on his neither did my aether. Well the 5th turn came around and the Black knight was still there so I attack up close and still no aethers or lunas. His turn comes and I'm hoping for a miracle, he hits with luna (thank you mist) and then Ike counters with aether for the kill. So I end up with Nasir. (yay)

How do you give Ike resolve when you get it in this chapter? Is there another one hidden somewhere?

Not that I know of, althought, I've seen a youtube video where Ike uses Wrath and Resolve to take down BK in two hits. I think it maybe action replay that caused it though...

Not that I know of, althought, I've seen a youtube video where Ike uses Wrath and Resolve to take down BK in two hits. I think it maybe action replay that caused it though...

It most definitely was via AR or a similar cheating device.

(You can do it by hacking as well, but perfect emulation is still a long way away.)

One of most recent PT I have my Ike attacking from afar whenever its my turn to avoid luna, although it never activated on his neither did my aether. Well the 5th turn came around and the Black knight was still there so I attack up close and still no aethers or lunas. His turn comes and I'm hoping for a miracle, he hits with luna (thank you mist) and then Ike counters with aether for the kill. So I end up with Nasir. (yay)

Luna and Aether can't activate from a range of 2. They can only activate from close range to begin with. So, it's still a (fairly) effective tactic for making sure you don't get pounded by Luna (though it prevents you from doing anything but normal physical damage (or possibly crit'ing if you picked Wrath in favor of Aether) yourself...).