New forest theme

Masu

Lol. Do you know something called type disadvantage? Fighting-type moves can pwn Tyranitar because Tyranitar is super weak against such moves.

Learn to battle competitively.

Pshaw. This is Tyranitar Cavalry we speak of right now. "Type advantage" might work with undomesticated Tyranitar, but when they are being ridden by FESSRian Commandos with high powered Automatic weapons the story is much different.

Edited by Admrial Daala

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(is excited*

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOISE!

Lol. Do you know something called type disadvantage? Fighting-type moves can pwn Tyranitar because Tyranitar is super weak against such moves.

Learn to battle competitively.

If we're bringing competitive play into this, there are quite a few Psychic and Ghost Pokemon in the OU Tier (inb4tiersareforqueers, Pokemon bases their tiers off a Pokemon's frequency of use, with the exception of Ubers who are usually banned because they alter the metagame), and even more OU Tier pokemon that use Psychic moves in their standard movesets. Fighting Pokemon aren't exactly known for having a high Special Def stat, and most of them are slow as well, so pretty much any Psychic Pokemon becomes a PsuedoSweeper.

Moreover, theres pokemon like Gengar and Dusknoir, who are immune to Fighting and Normal Type attacks, and using Foresight is like giving Gengar or Dusknoir a turn to slam you with a Shadow Ball or try their hand at Hypnosis.

Lastly, there's the issue of Pokemon like Ninjask, Skarmory, Yanmega, and Gliscor, who can cause heavy damage with Flying Type moves and take half-damage from Fighting-type attacks.

Ever wonder why all the OU Fighting-types (with the exception of Machamp, because he's so fucking strong) are multi-type? Fighting type just isn't that great.

TL;DR: Don't defend fighting types and bring up competitive Pokemon in the same thread, it makes you look ridiculous.

I've seen Dunsparce give troubles with Thunder Wave and Headbutt, just because of flinch hax.

Togekiss does it a lot better. Togekiss gets a STAB Air Slash, and Nasty Plot to buff it up and Roost to keep its HP full.

I just like Dunsparce because he flops around and doesn't afraid of anything.

If we're bringing competitive play into this, there are quite a few Psychic and Ghost Pokemon in the OU Tier (inb4tiersareforqueers, Pokemon bases their tiers off a Pokemon's frequency of use, with the exception of Ubers who are usually banned because they alter the metagame), and even more OU Tier pokemon that use Psychic moves in their standard movesets. Fighting Pokemon aren't exactly known for having a high Special Def stat, and most of them are slow as well, so pretty much any Psychic Pokemon becomes a PsuedoSweeper.

Moreover, theres pokemon like Gengar and Dusknoir, who are immune to Fighting and Normal Type attacks, and using Foresight is like giving Gengar or Dusknoir a turn to slam you with a Shadow Ball or try their hand at Hypnosis.

Lastly, there's the issue of Pokemon like Ninjask, Skarmory, Yanmega, and Gliscor, who can cause heavy damage with Flying Type moves and take half-damage from Fighting-type attacks.

Ever wonder why all the OU Fighting-types (with the exception of Machamp, because he's so fucking strong) are multi-type? Fighting type just isn't that great.

TL;DR: Don't defend fighting types and bring up competitive Pokemon in the same thread, it makes you look ridiculous.

Togekiss does it a lot better. Togekiss gets a STAB Air Slash, and Nasty Plot to buff it up and Roost to keep its HP full.

I just like Dunsparce because he flops around and doesn't afraid of anything.

Beat me to the punch there. :D Tyranitar really doesn't have to be too scared of Fighting types. Scared a little, yeah, but Fighting Pokemon aren't exactly popular. It's not an amazing type, what with the amount of incredible Psychic Pokemon and Pyschic moves. I'm actually surprised that a Fire/Fighting like Infernape manages to maintain his place, although I guess it's a testament to the amazing Sweeper stats and moveset he's got going...

Beat me to the punch there. :D Tyranitar really doesn't have to be too scared of Fighting types. Scared a little, yeah, but Fighting Pokemon aren't exactly popular. It's not an amazing type, what with the amount of incredible Psychic Pokemon and Pyschic moves. I'm actually surprised that a Fire/Fighting like Infernape manages to maintain his place, although I guess it's a testament to the amazing Sweeper stats and moveset he's got going...

Infernape is still hardly even maintaining his OU placement, too, since his resistances are easily avoided and his weaknesses are easily punished. :P

Wow, I didn't even know they had Tyranitars in the new gen games. I used to have a beastly one in Silver version. If I say so myself, it was was the meanest Pokemon on this side of the Mississippi. There wasn't a kid in town who could hold a candle to it. But then my cartridge battery died...

Ah, those where the days.

Edited by Admrial Daala

Wow, I didn't even know they had Tyranitars in the new gen games.

You can get a Larvitar from FireRed or LeafGreen, then migrate it to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Or look for one at Route 207 in Diamond using the PokeRadar.

Edited by Lightsworn Angel

It's possible to get all of the 386 Pokemon of that time using Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed, XD, and Colloseum. Which means it's possible to get them all in D/P/P since you can just transfer them.

You can get a Larvitar from FireRed or LeafGreen, then migrate it to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Or look for one at Route 207 in Diamond using the PokeRadar.

That sounds like such a pain. I didn't even beat my Diamond version--I don't think I could ever work up the interest to do that. If there's one place I'm OK being a Reactionary Conservative, its with the Pokemans.

Edited by Admrial Daala

why did everyone take all the pokemon i actually like!!!!!!!

seriously how could someone take pichu!

then someone got t-tar. then scizor.

oh yeah nobody took charizrd! Now I am uber h4x!