Special Heroes: Our Path Ahead

Fire Emblem Fan

6 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

Something amusing I noticed in the intro to the Paralogue is Sanaki getting annoyed at Micaiah constantly going on and on about Sothe. I don't know if this was intentional, but it reminds me of Micaiah herself getting annoyed at Sothe's praising of Ike and the ever-famous line, "leader of the Greil Mercenaries, and father of Sothe's children...". Of course that exact retort wouldn't work so well in Micaiah's case, but it's cute to see Sanaki being possessive over her one surviving family member and Micaiah playing the role of big sister to the hilt.

Sanaki be all: "Right. Rogue Sothe, 'hero' of the Daein Liberation, leader(ish) of the Dawn Brigade, and father of Micaiah's children..."

Then Micaiah goes: "*Gasp,* how did you know? We haven't told anyone yet."

I thought of this cursed interaction and now everyone who reads this post must bear witness to it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, especially after listening to Saizo's character page lines, it's like... An attempt was made...far too late...for the whole "let's teach you guys our culture from someone who is actually from it" thing. It wasn't even the main focus.

Also, I don't remember Heather being as, uh... "forward" in FE10 as she was in that bit in the TT+. She sounded a lot more like Soliel.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Also, I don't remember Heather being as, uh... "forward" in FE10 as she was in that bit in the TT+. She sounded a lot more like Soliel.

To be fair, she got something like twice as many lines in that one monologue as she got in the entirety of Radiant Dawn.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be fair, she got something like twice as many lines in that one monologue as she got in the entirety of Radiant Dawn.

Extremely true.

22 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Also, I don't remember Heather being as, uh... "forward" in FE10

Unaware of the conversation you're making a comparison with, but...

Heather and Nephenee

(If Nephenee talks to Heather)

Nephenee: …Uh, hello?
Heather: Argh, whaaat?! Do you need something?
Nephenee: Hey, y’all best… Er… You should be careful hanging around here like that. I reckon you should clear out of here while you’re still in one piece.
Heather: Aww, that’s so sweet of you! What’s your name?
Nephenee: Nephenee…
Heather: Nephenee… What a cute name. I’m Heather. Pleased to meet you.
Nephenee: Pleasure’s all mine. So it’s Heather, huh? You gonna get outta here, then?
Heather: Well… It looks to me like you have an uphill battle to fight. I bet I can help you out.
Nephenee: But you…
Heather: Don’t worry about it. I’m the type that likes to help nice country girls like you.
Nephenee: Um…like me?
Heather: That’s right. Don’t worry about it. Tee hee… This is turning out to be a great day.
Nephenee: Uhhh… Yeah…

Heather (*)

(Heather is alive)

Heather: Awww… I really wanted to go to the palace. I would’ve been happy with just a tiny little glance at Queen Elincia. She’s… glorious. This is so unfair!
Brom: Yup, it’s the pits. But that queen of ours is a real nice lady. Knowin’ her, she’d prob’ly just let ya talk to ‘er, noble or not.
Heather: The nerve of that Duke Ludveck! He ruined my one chance to meet the queen. I won’t stand for it! He needs a kick in the rear! Or a punch in the mouth! The things I’d do to him…
Nephenee: Uhm… Heather? You sure are a lovely gal and all, but… You sure do say some funny things.
Brom: Can’t argue with that, Nephenee. But that’s just the way folks are. They ain’t always what they appear to be. Ain’t nobody perfect, neither. ‘Less you’re talkin’ ’bout the goddess, that is.
???: Excuse me…
Heather: Hm?
Nephenee: Oh!
Brom: Well! Hi there, Miss Lucia. What can we help ya with?
Lucia: I came to ask for a favor. If it’s not too much to ask, I’d like you both to accompany me to Felirae.
Brom: Hmm. Naw, that won’t be a problem. You goin’ ta catch the duke?
Lucia: Something a little more… preliminary. I guess you could call it espionage.
Brom: Espio-what? Sounds serious! Nephenee, you ever hearda that?
Nephenee: Oh, sure. When I was just a sprout, I caught a real bad case’a that. I got this awful rash all over my back, too!
Lucia: Uh… That’s… a very nice story. Maybe I’d better explain what I mean.
Heather: Don’t you know anything!? Espionage is all about stealing secrets and not getting caught. It’s one of my many strong points!
Lucia: Oh, really? And who might you be?
Heather: My name is Heather! I’m a friend of Nephenee’s. I’d do ANYTHING to help Her Majesty. Seriously, anything!
Lucia: …I see. Maybe you can lend a hand as well.
Heather: Miss Lucia, you’re the greatest! Like, amazingly stupendously great! I’d love to help!

Not exactly subtle.😀 

-Just posting these from elsewhere on SF. As refreshers if you sought one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's also likely localization toned her down. Since, you know, being what it was that long ago.

... long ago... man, the game is over 16 years old, huh.

The two conversations posted above are literally the only conversations Heather has in the game, and they're virtually identical to the original Japanese.

Ah, I see.

Wait, I'm pretty sure she also has a base conversation with Ilyana.

What Goes Around (*)

(Heather and Ilyana are alive)

Heather: So you’re Ilyana? That’s such a cute and delicate name! I’d never have guessed there’d be such a pretty girl around all these laguz! What a lucky day!
Ilyana: Sigh…
Heather: Is something wrong, Ilyana? Are you feeling sick? You look weak.
Ilyana: I’m… so hungry…
Heather: Oh, no! That’s no good. Hold on. I’ll bring some food for you right away.
Ilyana: Really? Oh, that would be wonderful…
Heather: Oh, look at that smile! So, what do you like?
Ilyana: Something delicious. I don’t particularly care what it is. I just want loads of it.
Heather: Um, all right. I guess that means you eat pretty much anything? I’ll go find somoe dupe who thinks I’m cute, and I’ll con him into cooking something! You stay put!
Ilyana: How interesting… Heather… Her name is Heather. I’ll have to remember her name. She likes to feed me.
Ike: You still eating everything in sight?
Ilyana: Ah… Hello, Ike. I haven’t seen you in a long time.
Ike: Glad to see you remember me.
Ilyana: Of course. I remember all of the mercenaries. Well, most of you, anyway. Oscar prepares such delicious meals. I remember that well enough. Oh, I can’t wait to eat his food again.
Ike: Well, I can see you haven’t changed a bit.

Yeah, this one.

Yeah, these (FE10 quotes) felt more like comments in passing to me rather than her salivating over every girl in the area from a distance. The part that stuck with me the most was that she focused her efforts on using herself as bait in order to rob/trick men. (I also have a theory that she's the one who tricked Gatrie into giving her his entire savings in his FE9 support chain with Shinon.)

46 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, these (FE10 quotes) felt more like comments in passing to me rather than her salivating over every girl in the area from a distance. The part that stuck with me the most was that she focused her efforts on using herself as bait in order to rob/trick men. (I also have a theory that she's the one who tricked Gatrie into giving her his entire savings in his FE9 support chain with Shinon.)

Her name crops up in the internal data of Path of Radiance, so it's not at all impossible they had the character conceived during Path of Radiance. Though Path of Radiance internal data Heather is a cavalier instead when the character screams Thief in concept, so maybe they just liked the name and reused it instead.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's also likely localization toned her down. Since, you know, being what it was that long ago.

... long ago... man, the game is over 16 years old, huh.

While I don't know the quote itself, it's been mentioned in the past and is on the FE wiki that there was a line removed from her dialog in localization with her stating she joined the Crimean army to "meet all the pretty girls."

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, these (FE10 quotes) felt more like comments in passing to me rather than her salivating over every girl in the area from a distance.

I suppose there are a few things that are more ambiguous in the English and a word here and there left out that make it less obvious, but she's simping pretty hard for Elincia in her Chapter 2-2 base conversation.