Create a Super Mario Bros. Wonder boss

Perkilator

As much as I enjoyed Super Mario Bros. Wonder, the bosses are easily the weakest part of the game purely because of how little effort went into the bosses compared to the rest of the game.

So, let’s get our creative juices flowing and try to come up with more creative boss battles! This is a creation thread where you can make whatever you want and there’s no voting or jobs. The only rules:

• If you use an existing boss, it has to be from either Mario’s platformers or series adjacent to Mario (Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario)
  • You can create an original boss, but it has to be thematically in-line with what the levels of Wonder already gave us

Oh yes the bosses were just terrible. Really strange how they did the most imaginative 2d Mario in years but played it super safe with the bosses.

I think the most suitable idea for Wonder would be a regular enemy getting a wonder fruit. In this case...a goomba. You start the room facing one lone Goomba but before you can stomp him the wonder effect triggers and he turns huge, get wings and becomes capable of shooting lasers. 

On 12/10/2023 at 2:52 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh yes the bosses were just terrible. Really strange how they did the most imaginative 2d Mario in years but played it super safe with the bosses.

I think the most suitable idea for Wonder would be a regular enemy getting a wonder fruit. In this case...a goomba. You start the room facing one lone Goomba but before you can stomp him the wonder effect triggers and he turns huge, get wings and becomes capable of shooting lasers. 

Haven't played Wonder (yet?) but this gave me a silly idea. You know how there's a wonder flower that turns Mario and friends into goombas? How about the inverse - a wonder flower that gives a goomba a humanoid form, and it starts fighting you with a similar moveset to your characters. Kinda like Shadow Link from the second Zelda, just not as annoying if at all possible.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I think the most suitable idea for Wonder would be a regular enemy getting a wonder fruits. 

Following this Idea, I would love a boss who eats a wonder flower and then reverses the role, like Mario becomes a Goomba, and has to avoid getting stomped, perhaps fooling the boss to jump onto spikes to defeat it or something.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haven't played Wonder (yet?) but this gave me a silly idea. You know how there's a wonder flower that turns Mario and friends into goombas? How about the inverse - a wonder flower that gives a goomba a humanoid form, and it starts fighting you with a similar moveset to your characters. Kinda like Shadow Link from the second Zelda, just not as annoying if at all possible.

I swear I did not read this until after I posted, but yes this idea sounds great

Edited by Zanarkin

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 8:52 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Run 3

This is great idea.

Edited by evawillms