The official Fire Emblem Heroes Supports Topic

Etrurian emperor

Lets pretend for a moment that Fire Emblem Heroes would get actual support conversations and ignore the fact that this is very unlikely to happen. Which characters would support together and what would they talk about?

I already made this topic of course but we're five books and hundreds of units further so its worth another try. 

Lyn and Claude

They're kinda the same aren't they? Grandchildren of an important foreign noble who's daughter ran away from home. They're both complete outsiders arriving one day and getting to rule their grandfathers lands before eventually returning back home. Lyn can ask Claude for advice since he seems to handle the situation so much better and since Claude's overly cheeky and Lyn's got a short fuse they can quickly start bickering too.

Hector and Lorenz:

Riegan is basically Ostia and Gloucester is Laus. As such the representatives of these are bound to clash. Hector might fail to see past Lorenz facade and deem there to be a lot of Erik in him, and with his less then stellar social grace he'd probably end up offending Lorenz. Later on Hector would see the kindness and duty underneath while Lorenz might deem Hector more clever then he first thought. 

Oliver and Ignatz

Oliver might just be the positive reinforcement Ignatz needs since they're both passionate about art. Oliver might be so gentle, encouraging and sympathetic to Ignatz's plight that it might completely fly over Ignatz's head he's talking to a former monstrous slaver. A more negative interpretation could be Oliver trying to browbeat, cajole or even attempting to kidnap Ignatz into becoming his private painter. 

Oliver and Forrest:

Same thing as with Ignatz. At his best best self Oliver might passionately cheer on and defend Forrest's interests. At his worst Forrest might be deemed part of his ''collection''.

Duma and the Black Knight

The Black Knight is probably everything Duma wants from a mortal. An individual completely devoted to personal strength. It might even be negative reinforcement with Duma insisting that BK murdering a man just to see if he could was a totally reasonable course of action.

Chad/Lugh and Febail/Roshea: They're orphans and those that take care of orphans. In fact the boys already cameo'd in both of their forging bonds. Of the two Chad and Febail have a bit more edge so they'd make a more logical pair alongsides Lugh/Roshea who are more innocent. 

Marcia and Neasalla:

Silly Makalov is in crippling debt to the Kilvas Maffia and with his absence their king just has to come collect from his sister. 

Saizo and Citrinne

Citrinne is implied or fears to be weaker than your average retainer and only getting the job because of her family. Saizo might chew her out for it before begrudgingly offering to toughen her up. Citrinne sticking the training from hell out through to the end might even impress him.

Lapis and Nephenee: The bumpkin bigrade could find good confidants in each other. Alternatively Lapis could find a partner in Kiragi due to their love of hunting. 

Celine and Celica:

Kind of an obvious one since Celica is the Emblem most tied to Celine.

Alm and Alfred

If Celine is so strongly tied to Celica it makes sense to pair Alfred with Alm. Their personalities as cheerful dorks would make them peas in a pod too. 

Corrin and Nils:

They seemed to get on pretty great at Halloween and the idea of female Corrin doting on Nils would be pretty cute. 

Alfred and Dragr/Caspar

They can share their singular brain cell and discuss working out. Either combination of these three would work for that. 

Nott and Alcryst

Nott has a gimmick of easily falling for pretty men, and among those character Alcryst seems the type who'd desperately want to stay away from her. 

Hapi and Boey

They already had a forging bonds together and a support could work off on that. Boey trying to find a fine balance between walking on eggshells and not offending Hapi by treating her like a grenade. Hapi in turn might shamelessly try to inquire about Boey's relation with Mae. 

Erk and L'arachel

Erk meeting L'arachel and all red flags immediately going off with the rest of the supports being him desperately trying to get away from her before she Serra's him. L'arachel in turn would chase her ''new bodyguard'' to the ends of Askr and has grown very skilled at doing so through Renaq. 

Hm. let me see...

Rennac and Serra could work for the same reasons that Erk and L'Arachel would.

Also Nyna and Tatiana, not sure if they talk to each other in one of the forging bonds already, I don't follow the lore of FB too much. It'd be nice to see them talking either way, and there'd probably be a bit of angst but in the end they'd come to terms with their feelings.

Other characters that had a tragic love story such as Igrene and Ishtar, having a support with Nyna would be neat too. Maybe Sigurd and Nyna (or Ishtar) too.

Any combination of Raven/Contance/Leif/Shannam or other people that are surviving members of a fallen house. In Raven's case it'd be even more interesting since all he wants is to kill Hector to get revenge on the name of his family (and if you support him with Lucius, he just lets go of the matter entirely even after Hector offers to rebuild his house for him), as opposed to most of the other ones that actually want to restore their houses too.

Nino with Lugh and Raigh (and other FE6 characters with their kids such as Rebecca and Wolt, Rath and Sue, Canas and Niime, Igrene and Hawkeye, Klein and Clarine with Pent and Louise), again might have happened on FB already and I'm not aware. I'd like to see how the twins would react to seeing Nino, I've even seen a video of an FE7 "mod" where this happens and it was pretty cool, I also wonder if Lugh would actually hold a grudge against her for leaving them or if he'd be his happy and excited normal self (it'd be interesting if he uncharacteristically felt more ressentment towards her than Raigh, just like the rare moment where he shows anger and ressentment in FE6, when he tells Miledy that he hates Bern and everything that came from it on his support with her, that whole "Anger has kept me alive" scene that made Lugh-Miledy one of the best supports on the game), it'd be cool.

Erk with Klein or Clarine would be pretty nice too, since logically he's pratically their brother but gets no interaction with them on FE6 because... Well, he hadn't been invented yet.

The freebies all interacting with one anothers, since they're all theorically among the "main characters" of feh but none of them ever does much after the book they star in, it'd be cool to see extra content with these characters that are "canonically" by your side interacting between themselves..

In fact, I really think that the OCs, specially and at least the freebies (including the Askr trio, of course) could have some sort of support conversations between themselves to flash out their relationships with each others, even if there weren't support convos between all of the combinations possible, it'd still be nice to see how the trio gets along with some the freebies and some of the freebies with the others.

There's more for sure but if I remember it I'll edit the post (or make another one) later.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Nino with Lugh and Raigh (and other FE6 characters with their kids such as Rebecca and Wolt, Rath and Sue, Canas and Niime, Igrene and Hawkeye, Klein and Clarine with Pent and Louise), again might have happened on FB already and I'm not aware. I'd like to see how the twins would react to seeing Nino, I've even seen a video of an FE7 "mod" where this happens and it was pretty cool, I also wonder if Lugh would actually hold a grudge against her for leaving them or if he'd be his happy and excited normal self (it'd be interesting if he uncharacteristically felt more ressentment towards her than Raigh, just like the rare moment where he shows anger and ressentment in FE6, when he tells Miledy that he hates Bern and everything that came from it on his support with her, that whole "Anger has kept me alive" scene that made Lugh-Miledy one of the best supports on the game), it'd be cool.

As far as the twins go I always assumed that Raigh would be rather icy to Nino. Not because he's mad at her per so but because even if he won't say it he's deeply loyal to Lucius and Chad and just has no interest in a long lost family member butting in. 

With Lugh I don't think he'd blame Nino much. He seems to have been pretty content in the orphanage and is far more open than Raigh about Chad and the little ones being his family. And given their similar personalities I'd see them get on very well, and perhaps taking a long time to even notice they're related. 

I want an Anna-bonanza five/six-way-support featuring: Anna, Anna: Wealth-Wisher, Anna: Secret Seller, Anna: Secret Charmer, and Anna: Twice the Anna. Obviously, they are going to talk about business and money and profits. And when the game is dead and they let you play offline, if the entire team is composed of entirely and only of Annas, you get one Orb for every foe you defeat, and you get another Orb for beating the map.

Plumeria having a conversation with Aversa, Camilla, Loki, etc. would be funny.

Edelgard and Líf talking about taking revenge on their respective gods.

Sharena and Robin talking about the power of friendship.

Edelgard-Celica: This would be a interesting support because they would probably not get along. I think Celica is pretty much everything Edelgard does not like.

Titania-Black knight: I believe Titania has quite a few things to see to the Black Knight and none of them good.

Ricken-Constance: Two impoverished nobles, doing wacky experiments and potions together.

Sharena-Raigh/Matthew: They're Sharena's first hero friends, but personality-wise they differ a lot from the ever upbeat princess.

Felix-the eventual Kagetsu: They both like to fight, but Felix might be a bit put off by Kagetsu's...everything else.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:35 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Duma and the Black Knight

The Black Knight is probably everything Duma wants from a mortal. An individual completely devoted to personal strength. It might even be negative reinforcement with Duma insisting that BK murdering a man just to see if he could was a totally reasonable course of action.

I could see Duma liking Karel for the same reason as well. Or for more sane examples, Felix or Effie. Retrospectively I think Felix should have encountered  Effie and Karel in his Forging Bonds. Effie for the contrast of being devoted to strength for the sake of protecting her liege, which Felix would criticize, and Karel to show the extreme that the path of the sword can lead someone down, which would be unsettling to Felix and make him recall “the boar.”

As for my picks:

Jakob and Soren

In this support, Jakob and Soren would be assigned together to the same task/mission. They would argue at first, but stop because they realize this could negatively affect Corrin and Ike respectively. They would then talk about themselves a little more (to a degree that would be in-character) and realize how much they have in common with each other.

Azura and Leanne (could also be Reyson)

They already have a Harmonic, but there’s plenty these two could talk about. Both lost their families and kingdoms to tragic circumstances, had to convince others to see the truth about what really happened, and needed the help of their respective main lords to restore them.They also both have magical restorative singing.

(I’m going to mention Shura, since I suspect we’re going to get him on the next Fates banner)

Panne and Shura

They’re both the last of their respective groups and could bond over the trauma and hardship this caused for them. It would also make for an interesting contrast that Shura actively wants to restore Kohga, but Panne is not substantially interested in finding other taguel.

Rickard and Shura

Of all the thieves in FE, they’re probably the two with the least in common. Cheerful and carefree Rickard would not understand Shura’s guilt and self-hatred at all. Shura would try to dissuade Rickard from a life of thieving, but Rickard would not listen and insist that it’s too fun and exciting to quit.

(I think we’re going to get Hayato very soon as well so I’ll mention him)

Ricken and Hayato

They’re both talented mages who deal with many of the same problems. Hayato is more cynical (due to already having grown up and knowing he’ll look young for the next couple decades) and Ricken is more idealistic, which would make for an interesting contrast.

Percy and Caspar

I could see these two getting along really well and going on some sort of adventure. They’re both bursting with youthful energy and a strong sense of justice.

Arthur and Cynthia

I think Cynthia should have been Elise’s retainer in Fates. Her dramatic heroics along with Arthur’s would be hilarious. She would try to recruit Arthur into her “cabal of justice” as she called it in Awakening.

Nailah and Keaton

Nailah would be surprised to meet another wolf shapeshifter. Perhaps she would be a little put off by Keaton’s mannerisms and tastes. Or maybe she wouldn’t, which would be even funnier.

Cherche and Keaton

Keaton would be happy to meet a human who understands his sense of aesthetics and Cherche would love his “cute and cuddly” wolfskin form.

Virion and Bastian

They’re two peas in a pod in personality. Virion would offer him advice about how to court Lucia, which probably would backfire.

Peri and Karel

Peri would be excited to meet someone else with the same unabashed bloodlust as her, and would hound him, wanting to be friends. Karel would have none of it, but he wouldn’t kill her because he perceives her as not being ready to fight him yet. This would also be a perfect chance to learn a little more about the “Heroes can’t kill each other” clause that is mentioned a couple times.

Tharja and Faye

Faye would come to Tharja seeking a hex to help Alm fall in love with her. This would lead to Tharja talking about her difficulties with Robin.

I've been writing some ideal custom FEH support conversations in my free time so while they still need some work as per the limiting format I'll drop some ideas I conjured:

Pelleas with Diamant/Alcryst

Mostly to make up for the amount of wasted potential that Pelleas as a whole has and how bad a certain RD plot point is, we know that the true-but-not orphan of Ashnard has had quite the rough life and thus comes across as far too shy, reserved and timid, yet because of Izuka he's pretty much thrust into the role of a ruler while not being prepared for it. Once you play RD again you finally get to recruit him and he's quite capable of fighting, so lore-wise he's a tad meek and not battle-hardened at all yet despite not being a fighter he joins being able to cast powerful magic lending credibility to the idea that, had Pelleas trained hard early in his life he'd be an insanely powerful spellcaster as even without a prior background in combat he's still a formidable oponent with lots of magical power. Thus, his personality and history would make it very neat if he could talk with Diamant and Alcryst from Engage as the Brodian sibilings represent the both halves of Pelleas: Alcryst has his uglier traits and all the self-doubt while Diamant is a young ruler that heeds the call of duty and is likely how Pelleas wishes he could be. So I see Pelleas admiring Diamant and seeing him lead Brodia only strengthens his own resolve only for him to then approach Alcryst to reassure him and did for him what Diamant did for the Daein prince.

Sylvain and Inigo

Pretty much a no-brainer, right? Two dudes that like to flirt so it can't be that deep right? Well yeah, Fire Emblem has had it's fair share of lady-seekers from Saul and Sain to Gatrie, Virion and everything in between but both Sylvain and Inigo usually rank high among fans for being a bit more that horndogs as it's pretty much stated or implied that their womanizing behaviour stems from personal, tragic flaws of who they are. I'm foggy on Inigo since it's been a long time of not playing Awakening but for him I believe the flirting stems from a fear of being left alone after his mother Olivia dies in his messed up future and her teaching him to always smile no matter what. Heart-wrenching stuff and it's cute how he's actually shy despite his direct flirting. Sylvain though has a bit darker reason with the whole crest babies thing and I've made it no secret that Sylvain's my fave guy from the 3H trainwreck, specially because in a world like that it is 100% guaranteed that most noble women wouldn't give a fuck about who Sylvain is were it not for his crest so he likely thinks that, no matter what, no woman will ever truly love him, so why waste time pretending to be a good guy that isn't just trying to have some steamy fun? So maybe Sylvain and Inigo start as enemies as they try and take the ladies that the other is wooing but in their little competition they realize that they share a sad reason as to why they are the way that they are and end up as best buddies, and in a very Nina twist, the women could see their budding friendship and only start chasing after them because of that, but at that point the two bros no longer care so much for the ladies. I've also had a Saul and Pandreo one that was pretty much this but replacing the flirtation stuff with how they both are unconventional priests.

Cain and Sully

I don't know, I'd think that Sully finally meeting the knight she idolized and finding out that Cain is just some dude that wanted to protect Marth and Altea just like how she wants to protect Chrom and Ylisse would be funny. Like a Leonie and Jeralt situation but the idolization slowly pewters down into just "yeah, we're just two pals in the same army".

L'Arachel and Arthur

It has to happen. The princess of extreme beauty and justice needs another friend of justice to smite down the evil monsters that crawl the world. Maybe Rennac bolts on L'Arachel (yet again) and she needs a new bodyguard so Dozla searches for one, ignores Arthur for being too unlucky yet once L'Arachel is made aware of Arthur's entire persona she goes out of her wait to recruit him herself. And now she has two big axeman to do heroics with.

Nailah and Merrin

Merrin sees a rare cool wolf and tries to ride it into battle but the wolf turns out to be Nailah. Hilarity ensues.

Soren and Azama

A bit shallow but how funny would it be an entire support line that's just two dudes hurling insults at one another? One looks amused by the tactician's wit, the other shows no joy in the monk's behavior other than to having to come up with good comebacks.

Dice and Balthus

Two muscular men with crippling gambling addiction get into crazy situations because of said gambling addiction. Honestly just afun spin on a plot I made once about Balthus falling for Malice and, seeing how her dad acts as irresponsible as he is with money, he does his best to clean his act, stops developing debt and bows to be a better man for Malice so they can together focus on making up for any amount of coin that Dice gambles away. So in my mind, dude that becomes best friends with his future wife's dad.

Kempf and Petrine

Am I the only one who thinks that put together, Kempf and Petrine look extremely close to Jessie and James from Pokémon? (Or at least Cassidy and Butch) So ever since I noticed the visual similarities I can't stop picturing them as a cartoony villain duo that take part in all kinds of mischief while also leaving room for maybe romance. Maybe if Kempf wasn't so goofy, because Petrine's too much of a baddie to be with Mr. "ReinhardtEnvy2000".

Tsubasa and Manuela

Finishing in a more wholesome note, honestly this support could happen between any singer of the franchise but I'd imagine a very happy Tsubasa learning about Manuela from Dorothea or something and wanting to be tutored by her. Manuela might disregard this as Tsubasa is very pure and innocent while she herself is very sleazy and sloppy (the drinking and the men) but she gets a change of heart when she realises that Tsubasa doesn't care for her reputation and she just sees the songstress as a mentor figure that she can learn a lot from. This could make Manuela want to be a better role model for adorable little Tsubasa as she is beaming from all the lessons she can learn in singing. And you could replace Manuela with Azura, Leanne... maybe they all should join together for a great concert. Or make a band. Lyrical Ladies. That'd be the ultimate fanservice.

12 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I could see Duma liking Karel for the same reason as well. 

Peri and Karel

Peri would be excited to meet someone else with the same unabashed bloodlust as her, and would hound him, wanting to be friends. Karel would have none of it, but he wouldn’t kill her because he perceives her as not being ready to fight him yet. This would also be a perfect chance to learn a little more about the “Heroes can’t kill each other” clause that is mentioned a couple times.

It'd also be cool to see a support of FE6's Karel with Duma or Peri, because it'd probably be Duma/Peri praising Karel for who he was (something like "So you're Karel? I've heard a lot about you, and when I saw that an older version of you came to Askr, I had to see you "), but then he's not that person anymore and in fact completely regrets and hates the way he was.

Also FE6 Karel with FE7 Karel would be pretty cool.

Another thing I'd love to see: Serra and L'Arachel, it'd be the ultimate shit show snd I'd be all for it!

Any support with Serra, in fact, would be funny. Imagine Serra and Alfonse, with her bugging him around and he being completely put off by it but trying to be nice to her regardless. Serra and Sharena too since Sharena wants to be friends with every hero but Serra is a dificult person to get along with (I wonder if the support would explore Sharena's dificulty with finding Serra a pleasant person to be around and trying to not give up on her own idea of wanting to be friends with all of the heroes, or if it'd be Sharena easily still wanting to be friends with Serra). 

Or Veronica and Serra, with Serra initially trying to talk to Veronica because she wants to be friends with a princess, but Veronica would realize that Serra is a lonely person just like herself was and that whether it is/looks superficial of Serra to approach her for being a princess, that could've been a genuine attempt to make a friend, so Veronica talks to her and an unlikely friendship forms between them (but not before Veronica points out that she relates to Serra's loneliness and efforts to gain attention, and Serra takes off her "woe is me" mask and becomes vulnerable for a moment just like on her support with Hector in FE7 after he mentions that he knows she grew up on a priory and not on a noble house like she says).

Also any support that tests Sharena's goal of wanting to be friends with every hero, I bet there are people that she'd be put off by in some way. Karel? Ashera? a bunch of other options too.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

• 2 months later...

In the case of some newcommers

Rosado andForrest/Ignatz/Oliver

Like the earlier artists boys it just makes sense for them to converse with each other and with Oliver. Of those Forrest probably has the most potential. Rosado acted slightly unhinged in his Fogado support when the idea came up he might not be the cutest. So while Forrest and Rosado being best buddies makes sense there's also potential for Rosado to see Forrest as a rival.

Rosado and Dorothy: Dorothy is plain looking and insecure, and Rosado seems the type to very loudly insist that she's cute in her own way and is fine just the way she is.

Hortensia and Ross/Chad: Hortentia might conclude that for shota's they don't look all that cute and insists on ''helping'' them. This eventually makes her conversation partner really annoyed and after Hortensia apologizes they bond over having to live with deceased parents. 

Ivy and Ishtar: Seems really logical on all fronts. 

Niles and Kagetsu: Their forging bonds conversation was rather uh...interesting. 

Tormod and Letizia: How Letizia leads the Curse Direction is probably against everything a freedom fighter like Tormod stands for, and he'd not be shy to tell her that. Alternatively this could apply to Tormod and Veronica too.

Tormod and Arvis: Tormod might have mixed feelings about a ruler who really wants to end prejudice but who's also a scheming, ruthless conqueror. 

Tormod and Hardin: In his backstory Hardin freed the Aurelis population from slavery so Tormod might idolize him. Hardin might not disagree with Tormod's goals but still think he needs to instill some discipline in the boy. 

Inigo and Louis: Louis finds Inigo just adorable but not in the way he likes. Rather than see him as someone to date Louis instead sees Inigo as a boy to baby and spoil.