2024 Resplendent Wishlist

Magenta Fantasies

Welp, pack it up everybody. The forbidden Resplendent is finally coming so EoS should soon be following.

Obvious joke aside, I should really look into overhauling my Camilla. I have her at +10 but I never use her (though she definitely isn’t the only +10 where that’s the case).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot it was that time of the month already. The next Resplendent Hero is Dokkalfheimr Camilla:

chara_img_00005005000061_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00005005000061_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00005005000061_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00005005000061_04.png

She's cute, but replacing the π/ belt with a thorned rose vine looks like it would be really uncomfortable.

With the Resplendent stat boosts, she has 44+/37-/39/35-/38 with maximum Dragonflowers, which is an extremely flat distribution that gives her a lot of middling stats with no real strengths. Her base weapon is also pretty outdated, granting only +4 Atk/Spd to herself when near a mounted ally and +3 Atk/Spd to nearby mounted allies.

While there isn't an Arcane axe with a guaranteed follow-up yet, she can make up for it with the newly released Wyvern Rift, but she'll be forced to rely on a Spd+Def comparison, which can still be difficult due to her middling base stats. That said, Arcane Thrima can help out with its Def penalty application and Sabotage effect, and she can further debuff opponents' Spd and Def with a Rein skill, though it costs her the ability to run an Oath 4 skill.

It is worth noting that Wyvern Rift's additional damage and flat damage reduction are based on the unit's out-of-combat Def stat, so a +10+25 Resplendent Camilla would still need 3 more points of visible Def to max out the effect. A stat bonus is the easiest way to achieve this, but with more units that nullify stat bonuses, it would be more reliable to use a more permanent source of stats, such as an Asset (preferably an Ascended Asset since Spd is still preferable as a main Asset), blessing bonus, or Squad Ace Sacred Seal.

This is our first Dokkalfheimr outfit this calendar year with the previous one being Awakening Tiki in December of last year. Amusingly, 5 of the game's 11 Dokkalfheimr outfits are on Fates characters.

And here's this year's lineup so far:

1. Nifl Ilyana
  2. Askr Brave Veronica
  3. Hel Soren
  4. Embla Brave Celica
  5. Embla Selena
  6. Nifl Brave Hector
  7. Jotunheimr Hana
  8. Muspell Black Knight
  9. Muspell Male Grima
  10. Dokkalfheimr Camilla

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We're getting the next Resplendent Hero announcement a day early again, and this time, it's our first Vanaheimr outfit, Vanaheimr Ayra:

chara_img_00008001000178_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00008001000178_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00008001000178_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00008001000178_04.png

She gets her poofy Genealogy hair back.

Her stats with the Resplendent boost and maximum Dragonflowers are 49-/41/45/39/29, which are decent.

Her weapon is comparable to Arcane Devourer, granting +7/7/4/4, the Slaying effect, the Tempo effect, and 20% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack. For comparison, Arcane Devourer grants +5/8/5/5, the Slaying effect, +1 Special charge rate, 40% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, and Null Follow-Up.

Here's what we have so far this year:

1. Nifl Ilyana
  2. Askr Brave Veronica
  3. Hel Soren
  4. Embla Brave Celica
  5. Embla Selena
  6. Nifl Brave Hector
  7. Jotunheimr Hana
  8. Muspell Black Knight
  9. Muspell Male Grima
  10. Dokkalfheimr Camilla
  11. Vanaheimr Ayra
Edited by Ice Dragon

Ayra's art has a very ... 80s anime-esque feel. It's also giving me some Jojo vibes.

She looks nice.

Finally, a Vanaheimr Resplendent! It took IS until halfway through Book 8 to use this theme.

I’m lukewarm about Ayra as a character (mostly because I haven’t played Geneaology of the Holy War) but I really like her art and the Vanaheimr spin on her outfit. I also have three of her, so I could make her a +3 merge. Swift Sparrow 2 is the only skill she has that is 5-star premium fodder.

9 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Swift Sparrow 2 is the only skill she has that is 5-star premium fodder.

Swift Sparrow 2 is no longer a 5-star premium skill. It's available from the 4-star pool from Luthier and Kiragi, though you do need to promote them to 5-star to inherit it.

For those keeping score, that’s the third Jugdral Resplendent drawn by Suzuki Rika. Gee, I do wonder who would IS pick to be the lead artist for a FE4 and/or FE5 remake?

Oh, and I will admit that I did think this was Shannan when I saw the in-game notification.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swift Sparrow 2 is no longer a 5-star premium skill. It's available from the 4-star pool from Luthier and Kiragi, though you do need to promote them to 5-star to inherit it.

To go further with this, Swift Sparrow 3 has existed since 2019 and there’s like four skills now that branch off from Swift Sparrow 2 (Surge, Flared, Remote and Flash Sparrows).

Swift Sparrow 2 is also on a 2019 GHB unit (Naesala) and a 2020 TT unit (Winter Felix), though they also only get it at 5-star rarity like Luthier and Kiragi.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

For those keeping score, that’s the third Jugdral Resplendent drawn by Suzuki Rika. Gee, I do wonder who would IS pick to be the lead artist for a FE4 and/or FE5 remake?

I feel like this would make me legitimately upset. I know people rave about Suzuki's work, but I really don't like most of her works based on what I saw in Heroes and Cipher. Something about the way she draws faces just really bugs me, and I wish I could explain it but I can't find the words.

But yes, Ayra does look a lot like Shannan. And like a Jojo character. The Vanaheimr outfit design is also pretty decent now that we can remove it from Seithr and Heithr, whose clothes just looked really not great.

This week's 4-star special heroes ticket gave me an Ayra who was +atk -res, and when I looked at her kit and stats again it made me sad that this character who was once considered so OP is very meh by today's standards.

Hey, I can finally cross off another character from my list. Only the second one from my list for the year. So far, anyway.

1. Hector: Brave Warrior
2. Joshua: Tempest King
3. Finn: Lance of Legend
4. Lyon: Shadow Prince
5. Nino: Pale Flower
6. Kaze: Easygoing Ninja
7. Camus: Sable Knight
8. Lewyn: Guiding Breeze
9. Nanna: Nordion Princess
10. Mist: Helpful Sister
11. Catria: Middle Whitewing
12. Klein: Silver Nobleman
13. Lissa: Sprightly Cleric
14. Cherche: Wyvern Friend
15. Tobin: The Clueless One
16. Clair: Highborn Flier
17. Gray: Wry Comrade
18. Ayra: Astra's Wielder
19. Canas: Widsom Seeker
20. Leo: Sorcerous Prince
21. Stahl: Viridian Knight
22. Boey: Skillful Survivor
23. Rebecca: Wildflower
24. Bartre: Fearless Warrior

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel like this would make me legitimately upset. I know people rave about Suzuki's work, but I really don't like most of her works based on what I saw in Heroes and Cipher. Something about the way she draws faces just really bugs me, and I wish I could explain it but I can't find the words.

Yeah, I'm honestly not that big on Suzuki's work either. The way Resplendent Ayra's face looks is enough to get me to prefer Asatani Tomoyo's original art.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since characters need to be 5-star in order to learn/inherit Swift Sparrow 2, that would still make it a 5-star premium skill in my book.

Suzuki Rika has a beautiful coloring style, but I don’t love how she draws faces. She’s not one of my favorite FEH artists, but she’s far from my least favorite.

5 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Since characters need to be 5-star in order to learn/inherit Swift Sparrow 2, that would still make it a 5-star premium skill in my book.

There's a huge gulf between "available on a unit in the 4-star pool, but needs a 5-star promotion" and "only available from the 5-star pool". I think most people use "premium" to refer to the latter exclusively, so while Swift Sparrow 2 might be a "5-star" skill, it isn't "(5-star) premium".

But if you want to get really pedantic, Swift Sparrow 2 is available on Ninja Male Corrin and Phantom Thief Sothe at 4-star rarity.

I will say, I'm a little surprised they went to Ayra immediately after Camilla. Ayra is a character that's been pretty notable in her lack of content, she's one of the most popular characters in all of FE4, and she's been one of the more requested characters for a Resplendent. I'd have thought they'd immediately use a less popular character to fold in with Camilla's Resplendent, and then use Ayra sometime afterwards.