Difficulty editing my posts on this site

Emperor Hardin

Whenever I make a post, particularly a long one with images and alot of quotes on this site, either in a topic or direct message, and I try to edit the post, I get the result "this comment may no longer be edited, it may be too long". 

Note this happens minutes after I post it and occasionally if I keep pressing it eventually lets me edit the post.

Anyone know what is causing this issue? Its making me reluctant to make long posts?

I also have this problem! It started to happen recently for me (like some months ago). Sometimes I make a giantic post and minutes later see a disgusting typo but the site doesn't let me edit and shows this warning (or worse, I change a bunch of stuff while editing but then the site doesn't accept it and I ended up losing my time). Did you always have this problem or started recently too?

No clue what causes it though, I think this never happened when I tried to edit from my phone (only from my computer) but I don't post enough from my phone to be able to know if that is actually correlated. Sorry for not answering exactly what you wanted, if no one knows the answer, it might be better to report it to the mods as a bug and see if they fix it.

Ah the glitch which always tends to plague LPs. I don't think I have any definitive answers, as it can be very inconsistent, but I have heard from others that it is related to the size of the post, and in my experience images and embedded videos make it more likely for it to show up. As far as I know it has been around for a while, and it isn't just a phone issue either.