I'd like to get into the Star Ocean series

I just watched a gameplay video of a game from this series, and I didn't even know it's an action RPG series.

Also the artstyle from that game reminded me on Octopath Traveler (I know it doesn't apply to every game from this series).

Is there a game which is recommendable in terms of gameplay and difficulty to a newcomer like me?

You may wanna stick to 2nd Story if you like that art style. The last 4 games (Till the end of Time, The Last Hope, Integrity and Faithlessness, The Divine Force) all have a different artstyle then 2nd Story.

Star Ocean 2nd Story is not too difficult, nor is it very long as far as RPGs go. But I recommend playing with a guide or backtracking to earlier cities for recruitment. You can't recruit all characters in one run, and much of the recruitment of party members involves going to past locations during somewhat narrow time windows.

Check the world map frequently (pretty much any plot advancement or dungeon) because it will tell you when at least some of the events are made available. Not only will it show you your next plot destination, but it will also show you when towns you've already visited have private actions (basically support conversations) available. I'm not sure if the world map shows you when there are new characters to recruit, though.

Opera Vectra is a total babe and has a great VA. It sucks you have to choose between her and Ashton, because Ashton is great too.