So why did you choose your username and profile picture?

ARMADS!!!

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Lightchao42 is a username I've used since 2008. In Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, Light Chao are a special type of immortal Chao that have a complicated evolution process. I like them in particular because they resemble Chaos, who is one of my favorite Sonic characters.

According to the Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy, 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Nobody knows what the question is, though.

Ah yeah, I'm familiar with them. I adore Sonic Adventure 2, and the Chao too. Also, cool idea about the 42, I remember when I used to be obssessed with 24 and 42 back when I played Spore because they mention the thing about the Ultimate Question to Life and etc (and 24 as the "anti 42" or something, I don't remember exactly what was the deal) some times. Basically the two parts from your name are related to games I like a lot, so gotta respect that.

• 2 weeks later...

For the irony of the LoK meme my pfp comes from and how the animation emulates the strong prose of the series while making fun of it.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

• 1 month later...

I used to go by the username Fiddla (not here on SF but elsewhere on the internet) which is a reference to a tv show called Roots which I watched in middle school. I decided it was time to change my username.

Nauriam is mostly just a made up name, but there was a progression that got me there. I started with Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts because I am really into the kinda edgy rose aesthetic that he has. Rather than doing something based off that name, I did some searching around and in the lore of the games he has a sister who he cares deeply about and her name is Lauriam. My first name starts with an N so I just exchanged the L or and N. In the end, I just wanted something that was unique (as far as I can tell, no one else on the internet uses this name), and something that wasn't too long to write or say.

For most of my online presence I use an image of the drifter from Hyper Light Drifter as my pfp, but here I choose an image of Lewyn from one of the FE4 manga adaptations because I really like his design.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:11 AM, Jotari said:

Name is a very minor Zelda character that I like because the translation fucked up and gave him two different spellings in the two times he's mentioned.

Why did you pick this spelling and not the other one?

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Why did you pick this spelling and not the other one?

It's the more consistent translation of the name. All the other minor Minish characters have names ending in -ari.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:43 AM, Sidereal Wraith said:

For the irony of the LoK meme my pfp comes from and how the animation emulates the strong prose of the series while making fun of it.

Holy moly I've never seen this incredible video

On 2/10/2024 at 5:43 PM, Sidereal Wraith said:

That is some top notch prose despite the absurd situation. What is the series?

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

That is some top notch prose despite the absurd situation. What is the series?

It’s a meme based on the Legacy of Kain series.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith