Poll: Ranked or Unranked playthroughs.

Zeldafreak007

Ranked or Unranked?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Ranked
    • Unranked

Unranked. Ranked runs are boring, and take the fun out of playing IMO. Also, I suck at ranked runs. :( Admittedly, though, I don't even try. :P

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

Ranked is REALLY boring, and takes the fun out of playing IMO
Unranked. Ranked runs are boring, and take the fun out of playing IMO.

Lawl. Because actually having to think makes the game less fun, right? I mean, I have SO much fun sitting there for 950 turns. Yes. Totally.

Oh, wait.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Like I said in other threads, common sense is practically non-existene around here.

Because you're totally right, Revan :o

Now that's just not right. Ranked runs being fun or not is 100% opinionated. Don't throw your "common sense" stuff at that one.

That was more supposed to be a joke-ish comment anyway. I suppose we had a misunderstanding there :mellow:

Although I do agree that ranked runs are a lot more fun, since actually having to use your brain makes it a lot more fun automatically.

That was more supposed to be a joke-ish comment anyway. I suppose we had a misunderstanding there :mellow:

Although I do agree that ranked runs are a lot more fun, since actually having to use your brain makes it a lot more fun automatically.

Forgive me, I take things literally unless it's very obviously a joke.

It's not like you don't have to use your brain at all to beat it without ranks, ranks just requires more. I enjoy ranked runs as well, though not as much as unranked runs. I feel less restricted in unranked runs.

I tried a ranked run and I finished one star short of what I wanted. I would agree that it's potentially more interesting or intellectually stimulating to try for a ranked run, but it's also more stressful and I wouldn't agree that it's fun in the usual sense of the word. This analogy may not make sense for some people, but I visualize ranked vs unranked runs as equivalent to 1v1 ladder matches vs 2v2 or 3v3 BGH games in StarCraft. They both offer their own very different kinds of satisfaction depending on how patient or invested you are.

After the misery of my failed ranked run, I haven't had the heart to try for another. As such I voted for unranked although I'd like to try another ranked run if I ever muster the motivation to do it.

I tried a ranked run and I finished one star short of what I wanted. I would agree that it's potentially more interesting or intellectually stimulating to try for a ranked run, but it's also more stressful and I wouldn't agree that it's fun in the usual sense of the word. This analogy may not make sense for some people, but I visualize ranked vs unranked runs as equivalent to 1v1 ladder matches vs 2v2 or 3v3 BGH games in StarCraft. They both offer their own very different kinds of satisfaction depending on how patient or invested you are.

After the misery of my failed ranked run, I haven't had the heart to try for another. As such I voted for unranked although I'd like to try another ranked run if I ever muster the motivation to do it.

I disagree with the analogy, but hey. :P Comparing StarCraft and Fire Emblem is a hard task, so you did well in communicating something.

The reason I prefer Ranked Runs is the same reason I prefer Hard modes. They're just more interesting. Unranked Runs basically mean that you can just sit and spend 200 turns on each chapter, which really requires virtually no thinking whatsoever. You don't really have to think about anything. Now, just in my anticipation of people's responses saying things like "Unranked Runs won't always be 200 turns per map", then that essentially means that you are going for a Ranked Run and just doing really poorly. :P