Marksmen

Knife

How awesome are they? They get a SS Bow that can hit from a a 1-3 range and gives them extra 3 STR on top of being tied with the strongest weapon (Urvan). They get Crossbows, which rape Flying units and any other with the "_____foe" skill assigned. The potential Marksmen are really good characters too. They might as well be considered a broken class. Imagine if there were enemy Marksmen...

Anyway, as for the usefulness of each, I'd say Shinon>Rolf>Leonardo. I know Rolf turns out better, but it is not worth babying a unit that turns out slightly better than Shinon.

Shinon and Rolf generally end up the same, and Leonardo is pretty much bad. His only saving grace is hir Prf, Lughnasadh, but it's not good enough to make up for his pitiful strength. Shinon and Rolf are both awesome characters.

I pretty much agree with Fox. I'd also say that Shinnon is better than Rolf, if only because of the level advantage.

Also, another thing you forgot to mention, All the mastery skills take up 30 capacity, except for Deadeye. Which only takes up 25.

I pretty much agree with Fox. I'd also say that Shinnon is better than Rolf, if only because of the level advantage.

Also, another thing you forgot to mention, All the mastery skills take up 30 capacity, except for Deadeye. Which only takes up 25.

Stun and Colossus also only take up 25. Marksmen aren't that cheap. Double bow makes them almost broken but they're still only doing damage on the player phase unless a ranged enemy attacks them. Crossbows are weak and there aren't many falconknights/hawks/ravens except for a few chapters. They're good but they're not broken.

Stun and Colossus also only take up 25. Marksmen aren't that cheap. Double bow makes them almost broken but they're still only doing damage on the player phase unless a ranged enemy attacks them. Crossbows are weak and there aren't many falconknights/hawks/ravens except for a few chapters. They're good but they're not broken.

Stun takes 25, but Canto is 10, so they still can't hold two more 15 capacity skills unlike Marksmen and Reavers. Double Bow has 1-2 range, so they can counter at any time on the enemy phase with it, as if they need to. Crossbows are weak until you find the right use for them. When you do, they are godly. Not a broken class, but still possibly the best class in the game. Easily the best for endgame.

They get to attack at 3 range most of the time which is a great bonus. Add that they can equip 2 15 capacity skills, very good caps, an excellent SS rank weapon and you have a solid class right there. Among beorcs only Reavers are better IMO, and that's until they get the Double Bow.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Stun takes 25, but Canto is 10, so they still can't hold two more 15 capacity skills unlike Marksmen and Reavers. Double Bow has 1-2 range, so they can counter at any time on the enemy phase with it, as if they need to. Crossbows are weak until you find the right use for them. When you do, they are godly. Not a broken class, but still possibly the best class in the game. Easily the best for endgame.

But you only get double bow for endgame. Outside of that and it's hard for them to counter direct attacks. Even with crossbows, they're not doing much damage compared to others on the enemy phase. They're really only good on the player phase.

I like them, Rolf and Shinon each have their own strong points. Leonardo has good growths, but not necessarily for his class. 15 more speed growth (at least) and he'd be damn good

Having an additional range (except with Longbows and crossbows), and a ultimate weapon that can also hit directly? Hello!

Shinon (in this game) is the best bow user in the game, and quite possibly among FE6-10 (don't know about 1-5, but I do know that Tanya and Ronan are quite bad). While Rolf is statistically better, he requires babying. Leo is just bad, and his personal bow isn't good enough to make it up.

Edited by Lightsworn Angel

Tanya is actually decent... Ronan is horrible, although he has Continue, which is ever-so-slightly more useful.

I actually find Rolf to be much better. Shinon tends to whore alot of EXP in the beginning, and it's no fun using an uber unit (otherwise you'd take all the royals into the final), so I end up training Rolf. Rolf's Str is ridiculous, as well as his HP. Rolf is awesome. Shinon is awesome too, I just never end up using him, since, as I said, it's no fun using uber units. Hell, half the time I don't even use Ike that much.

I'd say Marksmen are good, Snipers are okay, Archers are bad.

Isn't that the point of leveling up class duh.

Anyways i think they are pretty much a little bit below the broken bar. Seriously up to 4 attack range (long bow) plus a bow that can counter units attaking them what else can you ask for.

Tanya is actually decent...

The only thing that's good about her is her AS and her Othin support. Not being able to capture and sucking at taking hits in a game where Avo is unreliable isn't anywhere near decent imo.

Shinon "whores EXP"? He consumes less EXP than Rolf to get to any same level. Feed them the same amount of kills, and Shinon stays ahead. Give Shinon less and Rolf more, and Shinon has the plus of leaving more EXP to others, while Rolf is leaving less to others. Either way, Shinon wins.

Isn't that the point of leveling up class duh.

Anyways i think they are pretty much a little bit below the broken bar. Seriously up to 4 attack range (long bow) plus a bow that can counter units attaking them what else can you ask for.

Er, you don't get increased range on longbows as a Marksman. Plus, I believe longbows suck in Radiant Dawn anyway.

Shinon makes a great marksman. I wonder what the hell they did to Rolf in this game; they made him a good unit in PoR and then they nerfed his abilities in RD. But Shinon is actually good this time, if only because he works so well with the Double Bow, which can attack a person next to you! (Although, if memory serves me correctly, accuracy is decreased if you try to attack up close.)

Shinon makes a great marksman. I wonder what the hell they did to Rolf in this game; they made him a good unit in PoR and then they nerfed his abilities in RD. But Shinon is actually good this time, if only because he works so well with the Double Bow, which can attack a person next to you! (Although, if memory serves me correctly, accuracy is decreased if you try to attack up close.)

If anything, Rolf's better in RD if you ask me. He ties with Aran for the highest Strength growth in the game. And yes, accuracy is decreased if you attack up close with the Double Bow.

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

If anything, Rolf's better in RD if you ask me. He ties with Aran for the highest Strength growth in the game. And yes, accuracy is decreased if you attack up close with the Doublw Bow.

I found Rolf to be more useful in PoR, but that's probably because Shinon was out for so long. Here, Rolf was at a level where it was slightly impractical to level him, and I felt that he was slower this time around too. And plus, I didn't think Rolf would get a bad voiceover.

I found Rolf to be more useful in PoR, but that's probably because Shinon was out for so long. Here, Rolf was at a level where it was slightly impractical to level him, and I felt that he was slower this time around too. And plus, I didn't think Rolf would get a bad voiceover.

I meant relative to his PoR self. Rolf needed an obscene amount of babying to be useful in PoR. And it didn't help that you had units like Mist and Marcia that joined around the same time period as Rolf did.

I meant relative to his PoR self. Rolf needed an obscene amount of babying to be useful in PoR. And it didn't help that you had units like Mist and Marcia that joined around the same time period as Rolf did.

In PoR, I hated archers. Neither Rolf or Shinon were easy to use, and you never really needed an archer in that game. So yeah, Rolf could be good in PoR, it just took a lot, and I mean a LOT, of work. I've never tried Shinon, but I heard he was worse than Rolf at lvl 20.

In RD, Marksmen are amazing. I always use Shinon, but my friend hates Shinon for some lame reason, so he uses Leonardo and Rolf all the time. And both can be awesome as well. They take a lot more work, but they can be just about as good. And the 3 attack range is WAY cheap. And when you get the double bow it isn't even funny. Shinon gets my last Nihil scroll, which means he's sitting up there with Ike, Caineghis, and Tibarn as one of the best units in the game.

I love Marksmen, especially in the endgame, not only because of the double bow, but also because of their 2-3 range. The final chapter bosses can't even counterattack them if they attack from 3 spaces away, isn't that awesome >_>

Usually I use Shinon or Rolf, but if I feel like using two of them, I add Leonardo because his bow is epic.

• 5 years later...