Emblem Hero Battle: Ike

Took me some time until I could find a way to deal with this map by using only Marths, but the solution was actually quite simple.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear! Don't feel ashamed in having to use what you called "cheat", since Ike himself is a cheat in person. The Macedon army did well in dealing with foes and then positioning right to deal with the Radiant Hero.

@Diovani Bressan It's quite funny that EIke just couldn't do anything about Miracle BMarth. Didn't see that one coming.

@Flying Shogi Nice clear. I remember BGullveig has +20% Spd on AoE damage so that hurts.

I first cleared this by using Veyle, and poor Ike didn't get to activate Great Aether at all. I felt bad and it made the map super easy, so I decided to do something else. SThorr is just there for Exposure mainly. 

I was very close to giving up, thinking it was just impossible for Elise Emblem to take care of Ike in any way. Null-C, Penalty Neutralizing, not to mention Canto Control making it harder to hit and run. Obviously, none of the Elises can tank him, none of them are Blue so we aren't able to hit him extra hard either. 

I wish I didn't have to end up going down this route, but 12 Paths of Pain+ was the only thing I could really make use of here. Which basically meant I had to spend more time thinking of ways to keep enemies alive than killing them. Took me forever to also remember that I could Gravity Ike to keep him in place since he doesn't cleanse penalties. Fortunately, the first two turns are free for chip damage and keeping some of the Armors alive wasn't that hard, either. I just needed HS!Elise to hold onto that Lethality so she could get the kill.

I think I am gonna have to prioritize getting them better B and C Slots. Having two healers is already a major penalty in that they can barely get most new skills so S!Elise and HS!Elise are going to start having to carry a lot harder.

@GuiltyLove - No shame in cheating, I had to do it, too. Frankly, the fact that she was still able to do so much damage is pretty impressive considering how hard Ike works to drag down your overall damage. So nice work!

@Diovani Bressan - That was a pretty wacky strategy! But chip damage is one of the best ways to take Ike down and I didn't see Miracle coming at all. Really smarty idea!

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Even though it's been a while, Lyn is still a beast at tanking one of the newest omega tanks. Sometimes the best answer if you can't beat a tank is just to out tank them until they can't heal anymore. Will be a godsend when we get a Fatal Smoke Seal.

@Landmaster  Geez! Even after all that Pain damage, you barely killed Ike. These tanks are getting ridiculous. I thought tanking was dead for a while due to the new nukes, but maybe that strategy is coming back. Either way, it wasn't fun to fight Ike here. Glad you won~

On 4/2/2024 at 7:28 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Even though it's been a while, Lyn is still a beast at tanking one of the newest omega tanks. Sometimes the best answer if you can't beat a tank is just to out tank them until they can't heal anymore. Will be a godsend when we get a Fatal Smoke Seal.

She dies in this Abyssal without a healer, and loses to Ike in Arena sometimes too. I'm going to try to get another Ike to feed her Laguz Friend 4 in May, however, and that might significantly improve her matchup.

It was funny seeing regular Elise just trying to keep Ike in place all the time. His NCD definitely made this harder than otherwise. Bath Elise definitely needs that Arcane Void ASAP, not sure what B would be great on her though at the moment. And then Flare for Summer Elise?

There are lots of ways to handle this dude, so here's a less obvious approach.

Laguz Friend 4 only gives a unit -2 cooldown before foe's first attack. This is easy for Ike, because he makes you go first on either phase.

But if you equip Hardy Bearing and bait him on enemy phase, he attacks first, he's not dropping Great Aether in that combat. Cool.

Now add Pulse Smoke 3...

Edited by Wanda

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear! I was expecting Thorr to be the one to defeat Ike with an AoE Special, but Lyn with her Godlike Reflexed did the job very well thanks to the healing support of Gatekeeper and Hortensia!

@Landmaster Well done! Great use of the Savage Blow and Gravity combo to slowly reduce Ike's HP while keeping him from not reaching your Elises! The kill at the end was still very close!

@GuiltyLove Congrats on getting Duo Robin! I didn't realize they can be refreshed by using an assist skill. I thought it was only when them used it, like how Chrom and Lucina works. Pretty cool! And yeah, Hush Spectrum helped against Ike for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 10:29 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She dies in this Abyssal without a healer, and loses to Ike in Arena sometimes too. I'm going to try to get another Ike to feed her Laguz Friend 4 in May, however, and that might significantly improve her matchup.

It was funny seeing regular Elise just trying to keep Ike in place all the time. His NCD definitely made this harder than otherwise. Bath Elise definitely needs that Arcane Void ASAP, not sure what B would be great on her though at the moment. And then Flare for Summer Elise?

I lucked out on the Mythic Banner and she fortunately has Void now! Now all the Elises are Arcaned. I think her best B Skill will likely be Atk/Spd, Atk/Def or Spd/Def Far Trace 4 whenever those come out so she can keep the Canto. Once I have enough Codes, Elise will get Flare. I'd also ideally like her to have Infantry NFU 4, which would kinda make the X Slot useless but at least she could run a different Seal.