Special Heroes: Double Vision

Pegasus Flight was actually one the seals that I was looking forward to for Caeda so I don't have to keep switching Spd/Def Rein between her and Embla. She's part of my arena core and she usually don't fight fast enemies anyway. I'm just give her Atk/Def Clash and call it a day.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Can Pegasus Flight stack with itself now? At least then you'd only need to be filling the condition once to activate it, though still situational at best to have a skill that depends on comparing both your speed and res against the enemy's. I get what they  were going for with Pegasus stat lines but it just makes it a case of not having any solid reason to use it. Pegasus having high res also theoretically means you want them to attack mages, who also have high res and thus the skill doesn't work on. Of course by this point in the game it feels like none of the four stats are particularly meaningful outside of absurd attack stacking and damage reduction.

It stacks with itself, but the problem is that it not only doesn't give a Spd boost at all, but also requires a Spd comparison to simply activate. The Spd comparison to activate actually isn't that difficult (unless the opponent has a source Phantom Spd) since it uses visible stats instead of in-combat stats, but the fact that it doesn't grant a Spd boost at all in combat means that it puts you at a 4-point disadvantage in Spd with the B version of the skill and a 4~9-point disadvantage with the Sacred Seal.

The tier-4 version of the skill grants a maximum of +8/0/8/8, which is pretty high for a B skill, but we have other B skills that grant a Spd boost and can contribute comparable damage and defensive boosts, like Guard Bearing 4, Gambit 4, Aerial Maneuvers, and Potent 4 as well as future skills like A/S Near Trace 4. The Sacred Seal is only slightly stronger than Atk/Def Clash in that it also grants an effective Res boost, but is less reliable.

The only reason to run Pegasus Flight at all for general use is if you're using the unit as a wall breaker against slower physical walls with low Res. Even then, you're not going to use the B version of the skill because Flow Feather 3 is better than Pegasus Flight 4 for the job, and the Sacred Seal is only better than Atk/Def Clash against units that target Res.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lilina's is already in-game, actually. Technically. She's in a duo with Hector in a Harvest alt, the latter also having his Blazing Blade epilogue design to match.

I know, but it still feels like they like to avoid characters with actual kid designs for child banners, not that I think it's definitively on purpouse or some sort of conspiration or anything, probably just a weird coincidence. The Awakening kids are the only ones that have canon child designs and were festured on the child banner until now, right? That might mean they're starting to do it from now on (even though they started with the ones that have child designs that are concept art only), not that I want every child banner to be about the characters that have canon child designs (my most desired title for this banner is likely Heroes so) it's just weird that they had never done it before (until now, sorta) and each year it feels more and more like they're avoiding it.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That was me. I also correctly predicted every character on the banner, and that it would be Female Robin/Chrom, and Frederick would be the TT+ unit. The only thing I was wrong about was the demote, I thought it'd be Emmeryn, but it's Lissa.

Oh, it was you then! I saw the part where you guessed the whole lineup just before coming to this thread yesterday but didn't relemember ir had been you to also make the comment about Titania and Seth. Btw, pretty nice guess, and I wouldn't have thought that Lissa would've been chosen as the demote over Emmeryn too that would have been hard to guess right (speaking of this, they seem to like repeating demotes, they repeated one or two characters on sort of recent past seasonals and now did ir again with Lissa, maybe I'm confusing it and it's TT units though, or both, I'll check it later to refresh my memory).

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Can Pegasus Flight stack with itself now? At least then you'd only need to be filling the condition once to activate it, though still situational at best to have a skill that depends on comparing both your speed and res against the enemy's. I get what they  were going for with Pegasus stat lines but it just makes it a case of not having any solid reason to use it. Pegasus having high res also theoretically means you want them to attack mages, who also have high res and thus the skill doesn't work on. Of course by this point in the game it feels like none of the four stats are particularly meaningful outside of absurd attack stacking and damage reduction.

Yeah, and at this point attack stacking is mattering less too with these skills and weapons that inflict unavoidable damage at start of combat or every other weapon inflicting extra damage based on a % of whatever stat. The ones that suffer the most are Def and Res I think, since most good tanks have so much DR now that it doesn't matter too much with you target, so much that Hexblade is definitly becoming a basic bitch effect that they throw on demotes/TT units and refines when they don't know what to give them, danm we even get it as a thing that some units can easily concede to a bunch of allies at once (like one recent define I forgot who was, and now Jorge's refine too) while some 2 years ago only a handful of units had it. The stats mainly only visibly matter for checks to trigger some effect on specific weapons now lol (like if you need your res to be higher than foe's to do something like Ninja Camilla's weapon).

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I know, but it still feels like they like to avoid characters with actual kid designs for child banners, not that I think it's definitively on purpouse or some sort of conspiration or anything, probably just a weird coincidence. The Awakening kids are the only ones that have canon child designs and were festured on the child banner until now, right? That might mean they're starting to do it from now on (even though they started with the ones that have child designs that are concept art only), not that I want every child banner to be about the characters that have canon child designs (my most desired title for this banner is likely Heroes so) it's just weird that they had never done it before (until now, sorta) and each year it feels more and more like they're avoiding it.

Ike and Mist had child designs. It's not 1:1 with how they designed them in Heroes but it's not radically different either.

Portrait_ike_child_fe10.pngPortrait_mist_child_fe10.png

FEH_Ike_Close-Knit_Siblings_01.png

Of course they had to spruce it up a bit because Ike only wore a boring ass t-shirt in his flash back. Their hair styles are largely the same, Mist has shorter hair like her Path of Radiance design and Ike has hair that's messy but a bit shorter than he later would as an adult.

And depending on how willing you are to stretch the definition of child, Marth has his Shadow Dragon prologue outfit

Portrait_marth_prologue_fe11.png

Of course the actual design they used for child Marth was his classic pantlessdesign

Edited by Jotari

So this is how we get War Cleric Lissa...Young Emmeryn is also a cool choice given her backstory of becoming Exalt before turning 10. Otherwise I can't say I find this banner to be very interesting. While it might have been nice to get young versions of the child units, it almost certainly would have just been Lucina, Severa, Owain, and Inigo. IS may have taken the opportunity to throw in a Morgan&Morgan duo, but I doubt they'd do that given how it's possible for the Morgans to be the children of the other child units.

Fun fact, Frederick has a bag of rocks at his side. He must have started that habit early on.

I failed to spot Freddy's axe blade at first glance and it made it look like he was a conquistador holding a gun. More guns when?