The stats DID change, apparantly...

Dat Nick

At least one statistical change has been made: Catria starts at level 5 instead of level 3 with the exact same bases.

And she was one of my favorite characters, too. Strong, and cute. What fail.

...And her name sounds sexy, weither it's Catria, Katua, Kachua...and she has some sort of british accent...curses. Why her? Why not Est?! >_>

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mocking me was unnecessary. Do you seriously think I'm THAT upset over it? I'm just fooling around.

A statistical change, no matter how small, is still a statistical change. Vincent was under the impression that all stats were unchanged: I merely reported at least one diffrence.

So? Ed started off at level one in the japanese version of Radiant Dawn, and at level four in the english version. No one (as far as I know) complained about that.

...This is not the point. Even if Moulder loses 5 HP and magic growth, it is still a statistical change, and thus, should be adressed.

Hell, even if Gordin loses 1 luck [Which he didn't] it is still a statistical change.

Oh, and Ed got +1 to all his bases, by the way.

And I wouldn't say Ed wasn't very good. Not as good as Z/Mia, sure, but still quite a bit better than a good number of units lategame, and probably one of the top 20 units to send out for Endgame.

They altered her growths too.

HP: 70->60

STR: 40->45

SKL: 80

SPD: 80->65

DEF: 30->25

RES: 0->5

LUK: 45->40

And with all these hits, she's still the best of her sisters.

NERFED HARD.

Damn, so much for Peggies.

*Goes to class swap someone decent to Dragon Knight*

NERFED HARD.

Damn, so much for Peggies.

Overreact much? Catria will still be a viable unit. 'NERFED HARD' is not an accurate statement at all.

She still has more speed growth than any early Social Knight (who already have speed growths that IMO are a tad too high), she still has great defense and strength growth (better than the Social Knights). It's actually the HP nerf that will ultimately hurt her, but at the same time it gives reason to train her as another class that has better HP growth (since her base Defense growth will allow her Defense to still be viable).

Don't forget, she just got buffed in strength growth as well.

They cut 15% of her SPD growth? Isn't that tad a bit too much?
She has SIXTY speed growth still, and starts out with 13 speed. She's still going to hit that speed cap anyway.

Even once she changes to Paladin, her speed will only drop to 45%, which is still incredibly high, and if she caps speed before promotion, she'll still have at least 20 speed as a Paladin, just five before the cap.

Man, I dunno....I could definitly see this affecting her tier placement some, factoring in the growth hit as well. That is one HELL of a nerf. It also brings how many levels she can get from C14 and C15 down a bit. At least one position wouldn't be unreasonable.

And actually, I think her str got nerfed too. An extra .8 points>5% growth.

Man, for all this time they spent raping her, you think they'd do something about Zag. Why just her? :/

Minerva was changed very slightly.

HP 40

Str 30 -> 35

Skl 50

Spd 40 -> 35

Lck 40

Def 20 -> 30

Res 0

Why couldn't she have got Zag treatment too? :(

Although the Def and Str is improved (not that it matters much)

Someone ion dev must have really like Zag...

Where are these growth rate changes coming from? Can we have a complete list of them, by any chance

Also, yeesh, now Minerva is raping Est even harder. And she was already losing to Thomas. Why can't Est just die?

...With all these adjustments they made, it's a wonder they didn't buff CAPTAIN GORDIN.

Wouldn't surprise me if Raddy got nerfed, too. Swapped him to archer and his speed was being stubborn. Then again, the RNG was being really picky with him :/

Oh, and Merric might have gotten a buff too, or I just got REALLY lucky. 8 defense while he was still Curate class, then two defense levels in a row as Sage >_>

EDIT: Oh. by the way, Catria's def growth WASN'T nerfed. It was always 25.

I'm confused as VincentASM didn't notice there to be any growth rate or starting stat changes a few weeks ago (level is a stat stored in Chapter data hence the Catria being missed). You might remember Vincent is the reason we have the growth rates in the first place...

Edit: I think i've figured it out. These growth rate "changes" were in the Japanese version. The Minerva and Catria changes are comparing the FE3 growths to the FEDS growths. There always were slight differences.

Edited by Starwolf_UK

I thought there were no differences with the JP and EU version growth rates, rather than with FE1 NES or FE3 SNES?

The Minerva one was comparing the DS part with the FE1 part of this site rather than between the regions.

My Catria had got quite good stat gains all around apart from STR and HP, but I promoted her as an archer so she was at 15 str at 20/1.

Ah, of course. Knew something up when I saw Catria's def growth as 30. Didn't remember her spd growth being 80, either.

...I wouldn't say she's saved QUITE yet, though. Still entirely possible her growths took a hit. The devs clearly have some sort of disdain for her, but I guess we'll see.

I thought there were no differences with the JP and EU version growth rates

A few weeks ago? I think we could have bought it. Now? I wouldn't be so sure. Vincent himself said the statistical data was completely unchanged, and, well...yeah.

It just so happened I decided to use Catria on my EU playthrough, but I was playing for fun and didn't bother to record any data. Thanks for the info ^^

Anyway, if you checked the EU data thread on these forums, I was kind of lazy when checking the data. The way I did it, I can say with around 90% certainty that none of the character data has been changed. However, as Starwolf mentioned, Level isn't character data AFAIK.

EDIT

I just checked and they lowered Est's Level from 5 to 3. No clue what they did that... Well I think I know- so that their Levels match their Chapter 7 versions : /

Edited by VincentASM

EDIT

I just checked and they lowered Est's Level from 5 to 3. No clue what they did that... Well I think I know- so that their Levels match their Chapter 7 versions : /

Wait, is there any change? Also, doesn't that actually make her more powerful by lowering her starting class? Do her stats stay the same or also lowered?

Even they probably saw that Katua starting at a LOWER level, having better bases in every area, AND better growths in every stat not labelled "Strength" was pretty damned lol. They probably felt pity on the game's supposed Nino.

And even then, I'm going to tell you right now that she still has her own tier. No, I DON'T mean in a good way.

Probably cause Ed isn't a very good unit while Catria sure seems to be quite decent, even in H5 since it's incredibly easy use her.

Quite the contrary. Edward is probably the best Swordmaster in a game with already awesome Swordmasters. If not, he's tying with Mia.

Nah. He doesn't really turn out better than Z OR Mia [Z wins innate ability and affinity plus gets a really cool support with Nolan] plus both of them will have a giant level lead on him even when he's finally hit ownage status. Ed's still a good unit despite being on the lower end of the Trueblades, and certiantly far better than the likes of Mak/Devdan, and most of the laguz. And like I said, even though his actual chances of being bought to Endgame aren't the greatest, he's still in the top 20, at least.

Quite the contrary. Edward is probably the best Swordmaster in a game with already awesome Swordmasters. If not, he's tying with Mia.

Edward may be statistically better, but, Mia is the best trueblade for most of the game because she's with a commander with 3 leadership stars whereas Edward is with one with none. Until Part 4 that is.