2024 Fallen Units prediction

Want to get a little early a headstart on predictions for the Fallen Heroes banner next month, since I'm one of those basic bitches who really likes the Fallen Heroes banner (though I think it should probably have been a seasonal so we can get more new heroes from New Heroes). Anyway, here's the list of Fallen Unit candidates I've been keeping for the past few years that's proven surprisingly accurate in covering who they pick.

Hey, look. It's April. Which means next month is May, which means we're probably getting another Fallen Heroes banner. And we've also just got a game that's given us loads of potential for new Fallen Candidates. Before we get to that though, let's take a look at what units we could potentially get from other games.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon

*As I've recently discovered, there's a Fallen Wrys in Cipher. And, while I don't think there's any explanation for this, it's kind of memetastic  and they have given us two fallen units originating from Cipher already.

Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia

*Already have her with fallen Berkut, but flaming Rinea is still an option if they want it

*Fallen Duma himself? Making use of his Gaiden Goo Form? Not something I'd expect, but something I'd very much like.

New Mystery

The three remaining maidens Elice, Lena, Nyna

*Bit of a stretch but Ghost Gharnef

*Here's where I would say Medeus, in his Dark Dragon form, but they used his Dark Dragon form for his Earth Dragon character when they put him in as a mythic >.>

Genealogy

*Fully possessed Julius in the same vein as Fully Possessed Lyon (would be nice to have a Julius that's half decent as a unit)

Thracia

*The Deadlords, so in terms of characters that would be Raydrik, Galzus, Dagdar, Evyl, Sara, Lifis

Binding Blade

*Fallen Zephiel if they make it the state he was in when he killed his father. There's a Cipher card for this period of Zephiel's life called Zephiel: Awakening into Despair. It doesn't play on fallen imagery that much, but conceptually a Zephiel wracked with physical and emotional pain from his father trying to kill him turning into the vengeful misantrope he'd become is a fantastic idea for a unit if nothing else. Plus an actually good Zephiel would be nice.

Blazing Blade

*The rest Nergal's endgame morphs, so, Ursula, Lloyd, Jerme, Kenneth, Brendan, Darin, Uhai

*Kishuna as well, kind of

Yeah, no way we're getting the likes of Jerme or Kenneth, but they've started on the Four Fangs with this so we'll probably see at least Lloyd.

*And I see a lot of people are (understandably) clamoring for Nergal himself. Which if it's to be Fallen Nergal I'd rather it be crazy Nergal summoning the Fire Dragon and leaving calm Nergal with his tome for a different date, though I don't particularly seeing that happen much as I'd love it to for actually including random fire dragon.

Sacred Stones

*Morva

Path of Radiance

*Feral Rajaion

*Any of the other laguz as ferals in a non canon scenario

Radiant Dawn

*Berserk Greil (this is totally who Fallen Ike should have been instead imo)

*Feral Renning (we have Betram already, but we could see his Radiant Dawn version before he's healed)

Fates

*Anankos's posse, so Sumeragi, Arete, Mikoto

We've already received Arete as a non fallen GHB unit, so it seems unlikely we'll get Sumeragi or base Mikoto this way. Scarlet I feel we could though

*Anthony

*Berserk Kana Male

*Berserk Kana Female

*Valla King Gunther

*Goo Garon

*Technically any of the first generation aside from Azura are canon due to Heirs of Fate. Though we've already seen Fallen Takumi, so probably not him

Three Houses

*Miklan

*Baron Ochs, Monica's Father

*Crimson Flower Dedue

*Beast Aelfric

*Possessed Byleth Male

*Possessed Shez Male

*Possessed Shez Female

*Epimenidies

Other

*Darios from Fire Emblem Warriors

*Yasuo from TMS, I can't remember exactly why he fights you in that. I think he's just a dick, still it'd be a good opportunity to try in squeeze in one of the last two TMS characters

*Shade from Cipher, though this would be more based off her getting possessed or something in Shadows of Valentia

Engage

*Corrupted Morion

*Corrupted Hayacinth

*Hypnotised Hortensia

*Fell Veyle

*Corrupted Alear (Male and Female)

*Red Head Alear (Male and Female)

*Corrupted Lumeria

*Any of the royals from Fell Xenologue

*Fell Nil/Rafal

Predictions

Last year I predicted we'd see at least one Engage unit and everyone told me I was wrong since Engage was too new. Everyone was right and i was wrong. But Engage has so many potential Fallen Units I'd be very surprised if we don't see at least one on the banner this year. Probably E!Veyle since she's both the most prominent and probably the most saleable.

Last year they gave us a Fallen Byleth Female, so if they follow the Corrin pattern we can expect to get a Fallen Byleth Male this year. There's also a good chance we get Lloyd to accompany Linus. They also gave us one of the four fallen maidens, so they could start filling out the set on that front. Finally, Fates is probably going to have to get one and we've already had Kana alts recently, so I'm going to suggest Fallen Gunther. So I guess I'm predicting a banner of

E!Veyle, Possessed Byleth, A Fallen Maiden, Fallen Gunther  and Morph Lloyd as the Grand Hero Battle, with a strong possibility for Fallen Gunther being replaced with a second Engage or Fodlan character.

Hopes

What I wish for most is that sweet, sweet Thracia love and we get one of the Dead Lords. Give me six more years of Heroes with a Deadlord each year and I'll be a  very happy Thracia fan. I've also wanted Morva for quite a while, but by this point I reckon they're saving him for a regular New Heroes Banner given how low the remaining Sacred Stones cast is. After that they might give us a fallen version. I also would love to see fallen Dedue for some more of that beast action. Miklan would be another option, first giant monster in the series is sort of a big deal. And while it'd never happen, I'd be so tickled if we saw Baron Ochs, Monica's Father, who turns into a giant bird. My preference for canon has wanted Berserk Greil ever since we got Berserk Ike. Lastly, I think Morion from Engage has that sweet spot of importance to just be perfect fallen Hero GHB unit. So, yeah, wishlist would probably be something like

A Deadlord, Morva, Dedue, Greil and Morion as the Grand Hero Battle.

Who would you like to see as a Fallen Unit next month and who do you expect to see?

Edited by Jotari

• Jotari changed the title to 2024 Fallen Units prediction

My guesses are evil Arval or possessed Shez, Loptyr Julius, fallen Alear and evil Veyle. With the right combination of these characters you can even have the banner set up of three females to one male that IS prefers. 

One idea I always liked is a morph of one of the FE7 lords being a duo hero with Nergal. The lord in question being the main unit and Nergal being the cheerleader in the context that he's puppeteering their movements. Maybe chaining him to Lyn can get IS over their unwillingness to give Nergal his due. 

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My guesses are evil Arval or possessed Shez, Loptyr Julius, fallen Alear and evil Veyle. With the right combination of these characters you can even have the banner set up of three females to one male that IS prefers. 

One idea I always liked is a morph of one of the FE7 lords being a duo hero with Nergal. The lord in question being the main unit and Nergal being the cheerleader in the context that he's puppeteering their movements. Maybe chaining him to Lyn can get IS over their unwillingness to give Nergal his due. 

I suggested Fallen Banners be Seasonals instead of the main banner of a month stealing a New Heroes spot, but I didn't consider how that would open it up to Duo units. Hmm. There could certainly be potential in the group fallen there, like Linus and Lloyd together. Ashnard and Rajaion (which is regular Ashnard, but we have Rajaion actually be a thing). Medeus and one of his maidens at the same time. Berkeut and Rinea together, which they should have been, but they predated Duo units...and even when Duo Units became a thing they refused to ever give us canonically paired units (no Lyon and Ephraim, you're not a pair like Marla and Hestia or Pain or Agony, or even Bord and Bord).

E!Veyle is basically a lock for this banner, and probably as our second Rearmed Dagger unit with Arcane Misericorde.

Beyond that, the first lineup Jotari suggested is probably about what we’re going to actually get. We could get a Shez instead of M!Byleth and I wouldn’t be surprised if Brigid (as Draco) gets in as a Deadlord rep.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

E!Veyle is basically a lock for this banner, and probably as our second Rearmed Dagger unit with Arcane Misericorde.

Beyond that, the first lineup Jotari suggested is probably about what we’re going to actually get. We could get a Shez instead of M!Byleth and I wouldn’t be surprised if Brigid (as Draco) gets in as a Deadlord rep.

That's more precisely Briggid as Eyvel as Draco, and yeah, it'd be pretty funny if they have us that version of her before base.

43 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's more precisely Briggid as Eyvel as Draco, and yeah, it'd be pretty funny if they have us that version of her before base.

I mean, they did exactly that with Eyvel's adopted daughter. Fallen Mareeta released in May 2019, and was followed by regular Mareeta in December 2019. They could easily do the same with Brigid / Eyvel since Genealogy's next New Heroes banner likely isn't dropping any sooner than October.

Oh yeah, and Emmeryn (who just got a kid alt) happens to have the same JP voice actress (Akemi Okamura, who also voices Henry and Cornelia) as Brigid / Eyvel. That of course doesn't guarantee that Brigid / Eyvel gets something this year, but it does increase the odds a bit.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I mean, they did exactly that with Eyvel's adopted daughter. Fallen Mareeta released in May 2019, and was followed by regular Mareeta in December 2019. They could easily do the same with Brigid / Eyvel since Genealogy's next New Heroes banner likely isn't dropping any sooner than October.

I was more referencing the fact that base Briggid has been denied to us for so long for no real reason. Most the other noteworthy Gen 1 Holy Weapon users, Sigurd, Alvis, Quan, Eldigan, Lewyn got in the first year or two of the game. Claude didn't but his staff is going to be a bit more difficult to adapt (and Reptor and Langbolt are old men who nobody but me cares about). Brigid with her holy weapon is the inexplicable absence. But they did give us Eyvel...and then pirate Brigid...and then Brigid's ancestor using Brigids bow...and then Brigid's son using Brigid's bow. It's just this really weird case now where if she does show up she's going to either be rocking a story relevant prf that's on the power level of a year 1 weapon, or she's going to power creep Ullr, a freaking mythic unit whoose power she derives from. It should be the other way round. So putting in Brigid (as Eyvel) as Draco would just further the funny that is ignoring Base Brigid.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh yeah, and Emmeryn (who just got a kid alt) happens to have the same JP voice actress (Akemi Okamura, who also voices Henry and Cornelia) as Brigid / Eyvel. That of course doesn't guarantee that Brigid / Eyvel gets something this year, but it does increase the odds a bit.

I've heard people talk of voice actors who share characters being used to predict new additions many times now, but how reliable is that? I mean, I get the logic, if you're hiring someone to do voices for one character might as well get them to do two characters in the same day and probably pay them the same amount while they're at the studio anyway, but has anyone tracked how often we've seen specific voice actors versus their characters and tried to gaugue which ones might have been done at the same time? Because in this day in age, especially with long established voice actors who can afford could equipment for private use, I could just as easily believe most of this voice acting is done at home and knocked out in about 30 minutes or so. It's not like Heroes has that much voice acting. It's mostly filler lines. They might very well be hired on a per character basis with a very quick return rate for how long it takes to produce a fully voiced character.

I'm thinking we'll get Lloyd this year to go along with Linus from last year, and Male Byleth to go with Female Byleth. The other characters I expect to be women, probably one of the remaining maidens from (New) Mystery (Nyna, Lena, or Elice), maybe Eyvel, and maybe Veyle or something.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

I've heard people talk of voice actors who share characters being used to predict new additions many times now, but how reliable is that?

In recent months, we've had (in no particular order):

• Ninja Zelgius (Nov 2024), then Resplendent Black Knight (Apr 2024) [both voiced by Junji Majima]
  • Legendary Camilla (Dec 2023), then Kid F!Robin and Kid M!Robin (Apr 2024) [all voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro]
  • Ginnungagap (Nov 2023), then Kid Chrom (Apr 2024) [both voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu]
  • Spring Chloe (Mar 2024), then Attuned Caeda (Mar 2024) [both voiced by Saori Hayami]
  • Winter Claude (Dec 2023), then Castor (Mar 2024) [both voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga]
  • Harvest E!Anna and A!Anna (Oct 2023), then Resplendent Selena (Mar 2024) [all voiced by Saori Seto]
  • Safy (Jan 2024), then Spring Mirabilis (Mar 2024) [both voiced by Misaki Kuno]
  • Resplendent Fir (Nov 2023), then Ivy (Feb 2024) [both voiced by Yoko Hikasa]
  • Validar (Dec 2023), then Kagetsu (Feb 2024) [both voiced by Takehito Koyasu]
  • Fargus (Nov 2023), then Devotion Vigarde (Feb 2024) [both voiced by Kenta Miyake]
  • CYL F!Corrin (Aug 2023), then New Year's F!Kana (Jan 2024) [both voiced by Satomi Sato]

Basically, it happens often enough for it to be a noticeable trend.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

In recent months, we've had (in no particular order):

• Ninja Zelgius (Nov 2024), then Resplendent Black Knight (Apr 2024) [both voiced by Junji Majima]
  • Legendary Camilla (Dec 2023), then Kid F!Robin and Kid M!Robin (Apr 2024) [all voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro]
  • Ginnungagap (Nov 2023), then Kid Chrom (Apr 2024) [both voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu]
  • Spring Chloe (Mar 2024), then Attuned Caeda (Mar 2024) [both voiced by Saori Hayami]
  • Winter Claude (Dec 2023), then Castor (Mar 2024) [both voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga]
  • Harvest E!Anna and A!Anna (Oct 2023), then Resplendent Selena (Mar 2024) [all voiced by Saori Seto]
  • Safy (Jan 2024), then Spring Mirabilis (Mar 2024) [both voiced by Misaki Kuno]
  • Resplendent Fir (Nov 2023), then Ivy (Feb 2024) [both voiced by Yoko Hikasa]
  • Validar (Dec 2023), then Kagetsu (Feb 2024) [both voiced by Takehito Koyasu]
  • Fargus (Nov 2023), then Devotion Vigarde (Feb 2024) [both voiced by Kenta Miyake]
  • CYL F!Corrin (Aug 2023), then New Year's F!Kana (Jan 2024) [both voiced by Satomi Sato]

Basically, it happens often enough for it to be a noticeable trend.

If I was remotely into voice acting as a celebrity subculture I would absolutely be putting that data on a spread sheet and track it. It is also entirely possible that individual voice actors are just prolific enough to pop up every six months in the game because they introduce a good sixty or seventy new units every half a year between regular, seasonal mythic and legendaries. Some of those characters like Safy and Vigarde are also getting voice actors for the first time, so really almost anyone could have voiced them.

Edited by Jotari

Well I am going to guess that Veyle and Shez/Arval are pretty much a sure guess, M!Byleth is also pretty likely.  The one unit I always hope for is Morva though I would be happy if they ended up making him a mythic instead.  A Lloyd with actual good artwork would be great, though IS seems to not want to do that and I am afraid they will have the artwork be even worse if they do have Lloyd be GHB.

The one character I am 100% sure we will see is Veyle.

Other than that I really hope Maria wasn't a one and done and we will actually get Fallen Nyna. She needs an actually good version, come on!

It would be cool to finally get a Deadlord, and Fallen Greil is long overdue. He is literally one of the first character I thought of when the concept was introduced.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:03 PM, Jotari said:

Engage

It may be too soon after his Emblem alt but I'd like to see Corrupted Emblem Marth. If nothing else a second source of Potent would be appreciated... though that just makes it more likely he'll be on next year's fallen banner instead.

While I'd love to see Fallen Veyle, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Instead I'll play it safe and assume we'll get complementary Heroes to last year, i.e. F!M!Byleth and Lloyd.

...and more Three Hopes Heroes because 3H bias.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 9:20 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm thinking we'll get Lloyd this year to go along with Linus from last year, and Male Byleth to go with Female Byleth. The other characters I expect to be women, probably one of the remaining maidens from (New) Mystery (Nyna, Lena, or Elice), maybe Eyvel, and maybe Veyle or something.

I was right about Lloyd and Veyle, and...that was it. Ha.