I have succsessfully torn apart my wii and kill'd its warranty

Masu

You realize mod chips stop some games from working, pirated versions and real ones? Not to mention required firmware updates in the future may not work for your Wii, thus rendering it unable to play more games in the near future.

I hope you have access to another Wii just in case.

You realize mod chips stop some games from working, pirated versions and real ones? Not to mention required firmware updates in the future may not work for your Wii, thus rendering it unable to play more games in the near future.

I think Masurai has two.

I assume this is his english one, not the sexy jap one.

Why not just homebrew the thing

3x drive speed sucks is the basic answer but the advanced answer is no having to convert anything or having to worry about if a Nintendo update will destroy the cIOS the thing needs to work.

If it was a Japanese Wii out of Japan you didn't kill the warrenty as it arrived dead ;)

3x drive speed sucks is the basic answer but the advanced answer is no having to convert anything or having to worry about if a Nintendo update will destroy the cIOS the thing needs to work.

If it was a Japanese Wii out of Japan you didn't kill the warrenty as it arrived dead ;)

lol, but they can see if you put homebrew on it I think

They could but how hard are they going to look. Remember by law they are not allowed to look at the message board. Sure if they dump the NAND and analyse it they could find evidence but you know what...

If a Wii is that broken in goes dyagnostic disc and SD card. Wii shop account is copied. New Wii is taken out of wrapping, back in SD card and dyagnostic disc go to load the Wii shop account. New Wii is tested to "work" and is sent back.

They're too busy to look hard for homebrew channel evidence. Of course it glaring on the menu will be an obvious give away as well as various fuck ups caused by the more dangerous applications such as Wii shop trapped in wrong region (though technically this one is caused by the updated security to the Wii Shop) and disc drive unable to read any Wii games.

Wiikey 2 can skip updates. If its 100% required then they have software to put on a DVD that will make it still work after updates. If it doesnt work after that then............OH WOE IS ME ALL LIFE WILL CEASE AS WE KNOW IT D:

Edited by Bellossom