(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins! - Post Game is up!

Iris

Ftr I will absolutely do my best to survive today and help town to the best of my abilities, if I am being told there is no point and I am dying anyways I will accept that.

I am a bit of a tryhard and usually would fight very hard against my vote, as those who know me will agree with. I could very well added dozens of pages to this game today. I understand you guys won't want that considering that some people thought 9 pages was a lot in my catch up. If I am being told to claim and die, I will claim and die out of respect to your community and not to ruin your guys return to mafia.

But I would just like a few more people to reply and tell me that's happening before I do so, so that I know it is not mafia forcing it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Duskfall98 said:

Ftr I will absolutely do my best to survive today and help town to the best of my abilities, if I am being told there is no point and I am dying anyways I will accept that.

I am a bit of a tryhard and usually would fight very hard against my vote, as those who know me will agree with. I could very well added dozens of pages to this game today. I understand you guys won't want that considering that some people thought 9 pages was a lot in my catch up. If I am being told to claim and die, I will claim and die out of respect to your community and not to ruin your guys return to mafia.

But I would just like a few more people to reply and tell me that's happening before I do so, so that I know it is not mafia forcing it.

I am telling you to switch focus from surviving to finding the mafia. I expect town!Dusk to get a realistic read of the situation, know that their chances of being mislimmed are pretty high, and still try to make the best of it.

Claiming and dipping is another form of self-pres. You want to set the town up to *win* if you are a miselim. Claiming is not going to help that if they can see your role on the flip anyways

I'm getting one big ping from this reply: "I will follow orders that don't make sense to me if that gets me townread"

Don't you have any opinions about how to win in this situation? Is that really what town!you think is the best play?

To be clear snike I'm disregarding the scumslip thing. I'm not using that as a basis to start scumreading you and then justifying things after that. Idk this feels silly talking to you about my scumread at this point though cuz it's not like you're going to agree with me

@Duskfall98 i think it's very unlikely you will be able to be townie enough to avoid claiming but I think it's possible you can be townie enough to avoid being lynched. I think you should still claim though because like half the thread is just waiting for that and nothing's going to happen until you do

Makaze I'm being honest if I subbed into a 60 page game with people I don't know that well and someone told me that no matter what I did I was going to be lynched, there's like no chance I'm spending half my day catching up and producing content lol it doesn't matter what my alignment is

Just now, BBM said:

Makaze I'm being honest if I subbed into a 60 page game with people I don't know that well and someone told me that no matter what I did I was going to be lynched, there's like no chance I'm spending half my day catching up and producing content lol it doesn't matter what my alignment is

I don't expect him to catch up, but I also don't expect the immediate rollover like this

I am severely biased because that style of catchup is Tier 1 anti-town for me

4 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I am telling you to switch focus from surviving to finding the mafia. I expect town!Dusk to get a realistic read of the situation, know that their chances of being mislimmed are pretty high, and still try to make the best of it.

Claiming and dipping is another form of self-pres. You want to set the town up to *win* if you are a miselim. Claiming is not going to help that if they can see your role on the flip anyways

I'm getting one big ping from this reply: "I will follow orders that don't make sense to me if that gets me townread"

Don't you have any opinions about how to win in this situation? Is that really what town!you think is the best play?

Sorry I’m really confused at this point.

I came into the game with a slot that was basically consensus dying today and was going back to try form reads and give input and you basically just told me to not bother because I’m dying anyways.

There’s just kind of a disconnect here and I’m genuinely just trying to not be difficult and cause culture clash hahah. But I can’t give reads and try solve the game without catching up and giving thoughts on what happened to now. 

My reaction test is over, I am going to go back to lurking, thank you for reading Duskfall and sorry for being controlling

My opinions are my own, and this has nothing to do with culture clash; I expect you to have your own strong opinions and stick to them, even here

Carry on, your opinions will be revealed as you play

2 hours ago, Duskfall98 said:

Are people going to find it annoying if I thread spam in the catch up?

2 hours ago, Makaze said:

definitely. use your role pm to post then summarize later

I wouldn't, but I am a thread spammer myself.

Makaze saying defintely is also silly because makaze spams to some extent as well sometimes.  Not as much as I do maybe but I mean...

16 minutes ago, Duskfall98 said:

Sorry I’m really confused at this point.

I came into the game with a slot that was basically consensus dying today and was going back to try form reads and give input and you basically just told me to not bother because I’m dying anyways.

There’s just kind of a disconnect here and I’m genuinely just trying to not be difficult and cause culture clash hahah. But I can’t give reads and try solve the game without catching up and giving thoughts on what happened to now. 

I think forming reads is good if it means you have to catch up or however you want to do it.

I also think it's more likely that if you're town you are reading the game to generate scum reads and town reads.  Makaze saying their thoughts are their own thoughts and not like everyone elses.

I do think there is a likely chance you could be voted still but I also think it's possible that if you come off as very town after a catch up there is potential that people as a whole could try to find someone else.  I am like 70/30 or 80/20 that you could still be lynched still if this affects what you WANT to do.

Even if you do get lynched though, if you are town, the best thing you can do is have generated reads for a legacy that we can look at after KNOWING the fact that you are 100% town(assuming you did flip town)

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

I think forming reads is good if it means you have to catch up or however you want to do it.

I also think it's more likely that if you're town you are reading the game to generate scum reads and town reads.  Makaze saying their thoughts are their own thoughts and not like everyone elses.

I do think there is a likely chance you could be voted still but I also think it's possible that if you come off as very town after a catch up there is potential that people as a whole could try to find someone else.  I am like 70/30 or 80/20 that you could still be lynched still if this affects what you WANT to do.

Even if you do get lynched though, if you are town, the best thing you can do is have generated reads for a legacy that we can look at after KNOWING the fact that you are 100% town(assuming you did flip town)

I am not going to lie it is a bit demoralising but I will catch up regardless since I would like Iris's game to play out well if nothing else. I did have a lot more wim before my interaction with makaze though oops. I don't really expect people to actually listen to my legacy but that's alright 60 pages is a lot but probably not as manageable in my head as maybe someone who is used to smaller games than me. I will skim mostly though.

Just now, Duskfall98 said:

I am not going to lie it is a bit demoralising but I will catch up regardless since I would like Iris's game to play out well if nothing else. I did have a lot more wim before my interaction with makaze though oops. I don't really expect people to actually listen to my legacy but that's alright 60 pages is a lot but probably not as manageable in my head as maybe someone who is used to smaller games than me. I will skim mostly though.

I fully understand, and if you don't want to re-read the whole game, you could focus on snippets, check parts of peoples ISO's (you have to use a script to do this) or interact in real time/claim.

I'm sorry that you sub in to a situation like this and I know that it can suck.  However you WANT to handle it is fine IMO whether that be reread and then post or claim and just start interacting in real time and read whatever is posted or linked back to, its up to you.  I'm not here to force a playstyle at all.

J00 post on page 11 town positioning, good logic to back it up

Page 11 rapier continues to be super towny hes my top townread at this point

Start of page 12 shinori has towny entitlement...then continues to showcase it further down the page lmao

8 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I fully understand, and if you don't want to re-read the whole game, you could focus on snippets, check parts of peoples ISO's (you have to use a script to do this) or interact in real time/claim.

I'm sorry that you sub in to a situation like this and I know that it can suck.  However you WANT to handle it is fine IMO whether that be reread and then post or claim and just start interacting in real time and read whatever is posted or linked back to, its up to you.  I'm not here to force a playstyle at all.

That's fine, if people don't mind me playing I will play and try my best at least 🙂

I was just getting "please just die vibes" before

My mindset is:

You could get miselim'd, you could die the next night. You should assume this will happen because it will improve your play versus optimism. Once you get over the reality of the situation and realize that you might only have to play the game for one phase, it becomes a lot easier than having to reread the whole game

The only players who have to assume they will survive above everything are the mafia whose win con is threatened by this being their third death

I will post my charlie thing because as sad is it is I don't think Duskfall's content can sway me today

----

I did a charlie ISO and couldn't remember why I was townreading them. I did think these posts showed a nonsense and temperature-based progression:

On 5/26/2024 at 10:22 AM, charlie_ said:

You've been corrupted by offsite games, haven't you Shinori? sob

I would like to see updated thoughts on BBM from Makaze when they catch up.

This post could mean 2 things.

1. Scum knew there was a lost wolf, but not who it was. This was the "neither side knows each other" variant. Shinori cannot be Mafia
2. Nothing, and charlie makes weird posts sometimes

Hide contents
  On 5/26/2024 at 5:01 PM, charlie_ said:
  On 5/26/2024 at 4:56 PM, Makaze said:

who are those 5 people

a simple one liner list like mine should be fine

Marth, j00, Prims, Snike, Weapons
The middle is a mess that I don't care to rank.
Rapier, Elieson

Expand  
  On 5/27/2024 at 5:40 PM, charlie_ said:
  On 5/27/2024 at 2:17 PM, Makaze said:

Automated Votecount

Refa (4): BT. (13), Prims (34), j00 (28), Bluedoom (49)
WeaponsofMassConstruction (3): Shinori (57), BBM (26), Rapier (36)
Makaze (3): Elieson (3), Sunwoo (39), Refa (27)
Rapier (2): charlie_ (23), WeaponsofMassConstruction (35)
Bluedoom (2): Makaze (107), Snike (17)
Not voting (2): Percivalé (12), CT075 (8)

Reveal hidden contents

VOTING HISTORY

Page 2:
#28: Rapier voted for Prims
#29: Rapier voted for Prims
#32: Snike voted for Rapier
#36: Sunwoo voted for Snike
#41: Shinori voted for Elieson
#47: Refa voted for Makaze
#49: Prims voted for Shinori

Page 3:
#56: BBM voted for Makaze
#62: Makaze voted for BBM

Page 4:
#78: WeaponsofMassConstruction voted for Prims
#80: Shinori voted for WeaponsofMassConstruction
#82: Rapier voted for Makaze
#90: Sunwoo voted for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 5:
#109: Shinori voted for Elieson
#120: Bluedoom voted for Refa
#123: Rapier voted for BBM

Page 6:
#127: WeaponsofMassConstruction voted for Sunwoo
#135: Rapier voted for Bluedoom

Page 7:
#161: Refa voted for Sunwoo
#171: Bluedoom voted for Sunwoo
#173: Sunwoo voted for Refa

Page 8:
#182: BBM voted for Prims
#192: Makaze voted for BBM

Page 9:
#222: Makaze voted for Bluedoom
#223: Shinori voted for Prims

Page 10:
#230: Snike voted for Bluedoom
#234: charlie_ voted for Shinori
#245: Prims voted for Snike
#248: BBM voted for Snike
#250: Shinori voted for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 11:
#251: Percivalé voted for Bluedoom
#263: j00 voted for Refa
#266: Rapier voted for Bluedoom

Page 12:
#289: Elieson voted for Makaze

Page 13:
#312: Sunwoo voted for Makaze

Page 14:
#349: charlie_ voted for Rapier

Page 15:
#365: j00 voted for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 16:
#387: WeaponsofMassConstruction voted for Rapier
#391: Prims voted for Makaze

Page 17:
#424: BBM voted for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 18:
#441: Bluedoom voted for charlie_
#448: Refa voted for Makaze

Page 19:
#462: BT. voted for Refa
#470: Prims voted for Refa

Page 20:
#477: j00 voted for Refa
#492: Percivalé unvoted

Page 21:
#506: Bluedoom voted for Refa

Page 22:
#527: Rapier voted for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Expand   Expand  

The votals from the previous page are interesting because aside from null!BT I think I townread the entire Refa wagon and from their last post it didn't look like Refa had problems with most of them either. @Refa Do you have any thoughts on this? Would also like Makaze's take on this because they posted them but I'm not sure how seriously/what to make of their Weapons cfd comment.

On 5/27/2024 at 4:07 PM, Sunwoo said:

I just feel very meh overall about Marth's slot. I don't really get a town lean from him but I'm not feeling scum the same way I do for other players. The SB-to-Refa vote is ... well, if I understand it correctly it's because he misattributed something Refa said to SB. But is SB still a scum read in anyway or no?

My biggest issue is his tunneling on me. It's just gives me the feeling of someone who's made up their minds and instead of actively trying to reevaluate their reads is just coming up with reasons as to why this thing I did is still scummy. That said, I actually don't really see it as scummy but it reads like a Marth thing. If I recall correctly, kirsche also played like this often. I do find it annoying even if not scummy though, so it's hard for me to form an objective read here. I wouldn't vote him personally and he's not my top D1 lynch choice, but I also wouldn't be upset if people consolidated on him.

SB just doesn't really stand out in my mind. I can't explain it, but I'm having a hard time remembering their stance on people and their reasonings. This could be on me, this could be the result of not playing mafia for like half a decade, but it kind of fucks me up that I'm reading SB as unmemorable. I could try reading them again later, but ugh. SB, I don't know if I missed it or something but how do you feel about Shinori now

Expand   Expand  

I don't think Marth has been focusing you very much tbh, but why do you think their read on you should've changed? I don't see a scum benefit in particular for keeping hold of the read and it's not like Marth is only focusing you because they've been pushing other reads on me and Refa today so it's not like they'd struggle to find something to do if they switched off.

Wrt Shinori his individual posts have moooostly been fine but I'm a bit leery on the recent Percy vote. The only thing that really sticks out to me is pre-Percy a lot of his content/post bursts felt like they coincided with someone posting they were suspicious of him but like, their interaction with me felt decent on vibesand Rapier's push on them was pretty crummy. 

Shinori was the Percy vote a reaction test?

Expand  
  On 5/28/2024 at 3:37 PM, charlie_ said:

1000 fucking posts. Guys.

##Unvote

I feel like my brain is leaking out my ears but wrt wagons my priority is probably Makaze > Refa > Rapier > Weapons atp. I'm going to be real I still don't like Rapier's content that much BUT I do think the VT claim is unlikely to come out of mafia in this position unless someone is pushing it as a gambit? Or if he is being super bussed. It's such a bad way to actually save them. I agree with Weapons that these wagons feel dead-endy and don't think writing off counterwagons here is good maf play. I think giving Refa a day is fine but realistically they are just going to get/claim Roleblocked right? Regardless of what alignment they have so it's kind of a whatever lynch at this point. The only thing really in Refa's favour here is like, the calmness they have is maybe unrealistic for mafia with how long they've been a main wagon but idk if I have any other point of hesitation. Like their content's fine but I don't townread them. This lands with Makaze at the top but idk if this is just where I want to end the day just by default. I will say that the way they are backtreading on their Weapons read after Refa claimed a power role makes me nervous though.

Cam's initial catchup was fiiine but the Refa vote=>unvote is really throwing me - mostly because I can't see why they went for Refa in the first place if not for a reaction and then uh, unvote to nothing. Cam where are you at now? Would you still be voting Weapons here?

My read on Snike is souring ftr. Snike, even if you can't finish an ISO on Rapier I really want to know what your read is on him right now because it looked like you were still townreading him like, 12 hours ago and now you're down to consolidate on him off of what I think is one post? Is there more I'm missing? I'm also not super keen on the extended Marth push and think I might've given this slot a pass for too long? Admittedly I skipped the Makaze ISO because it made my eyes glaze over to try and catch up.

I am pretty sure that I got pinged for a bunch of stuff but I am kind of wiped out and just want to get this post out. 

Expand  
  On 5/28/2024 at 3:39 PM, charlie_ said:

##Vote @Makaze

I'm here for now but still thinking about it.

Bolded were all the mentions/pressure on Refa

Their positioning here with missing interactions between changes is really damning

22 minutes ago, BBM said:

To be clear snike I'm disregarding the scumslip thing. I'm not using that as a basis to start scumreading you and then justifying things after that. Idk this feels silly talking to you about my scumread at this point though cuz it's not like you're going to agree with me

@Duskfall98 i think it's very unlikely you will be able to be townie enough to avoid claiming but I think it's possible you can be townie enough to avoid being lynched. I think you should still claim though because like half the thread is just waiting for that and nothing's going to happen until you do

OK. No, I'm not going to agree with you because you are wrong.

Let's move to something a bit more productive.

Refa Wagon was j00, BT, Makaze, Marth, Prims, yourself, Weapons, and Elieson.  Do you think that is pure? If not, then who?

I'm in the boat where the game feels too easy (broadly, it's been hard personally) if it's Dusk into remainder on the Weapons wagon. The into part being the operative because I'm fairly sure Dusk is a wolf. Similarly, Elie last-minute bussing feels too easy as well.

---

Saw dusk claim, ok VT. NAI so we're waiting on reads.  Best you can do is either go through all remaining pages or ISO. If you get to page 34 and see the two spoiler posts by me, the second you probably should skip for time's sake and draw from it that I think Makaze is towniest town who towns and Shinori is also town from the infighting.

Going to be honest I think you're still wolf here and the shading my top townread + myself isn't helping that impression.

---

General addendum: To show my version of Consigliere; here's the  fanwiki page on the role: https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Consigliere

if charlie is scum this would clear Shinori, because of who they asked that question

On 5/26/2024 at 10:38 PM, BBM said:
On 5/26/2024 at 7:37 PM, Refa said:

Boron’s Makaze vote is throwing me for a loop. It’s not uh…what I’d expect Scum!Boron to place her vote on. I hate it here.

Im currently kinda busy at the moment. Boron, you mentioned Elie/SB. Can you get those rereads done when you get back? I’m pretty sure I need to reevaluate things and that would definitely help.

why wouldn't scum Boron place a vote on Makaze? I don't think anyone was actively townreading makaze and people generally don't like his playstyle.

Honestly this is a good call out from BBM, I think the bit from Refa is an important interaction and may be tmi. I think the interaction with makaze is something to note going forward. It looks good for Boron because I think the two worlds is Refa tmi-ing makaze as mafia and chainsawing, or white knighting makaze. Either world the call out on boron looks unpartnered.

9 minutes ago, Snike said:

Saw dusk claim, ok VT. NAI so we're waiting on reads.  Best you can do is either go through all remaining pages or ISO. If you get to page 34 and see the two spoiler posts by me, the second you probably should skip for time's sake and draw from it that I think Makaze is towniest town who towns and Shinori is also town from the infighting.

Going to be honest I think you're still wolf here and the shading my top townread + myself isn't helping that impression.

Understood, I also townread shinori but in reality if my one contribution to this game is going to be my legacy there is no real reason for me to sponge reads off other people, just going to focus on my own perspective for now 

10 minutes ago, Snike said:

OK. No, I'm not going to agree with you because you are wrong.

Let's move to something a bit more productive.

Refa Wagon was j00, BT, Makaze, Marth, Prims, yourself, Weapons, and Elieson.  Do you think that is pure? If not, then who?

I'm in the boat where the game feels too easy (broadly, it's been hard personally) if it's Dusk into remainder on the Weapons wagon. The into part being the operative because I'm fairly sure Dusk is a wolf. Similarly, Elie last-minute bussing feels too easy as well.

---

---

General addendum: To show my version of Consigliere; here's the  fanwiki page on the role: https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Consigliere

it cannot be this because of the "goon" added

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

it cannot be this because of the "goon" added

That's what I'm thinking as well because as you said Goon is effectively Vanilla Scum. When I brought up consig in context I was explaining why I thought at the time it was rolecop.

Lost wolf makes sense but again that's probably a distraction right now as you said earlier.

I saw your charlie post and I agree esp as I called out the first post and rereads earlier.  Will reiterate what I said then initially: the game is pointing me at tinfoils and I don't know why.

We know there's a conspiracy, dammit, we have the bodies to prove it.  But like 3 (including charlie bit) Weird things have happened and I can't tell if it's a coincidence or not.

Page 19 has an amazing double whamming of bluedoom try start a wagon on town (counterwagon to mafia i beleive i forget votals), and being made refa's top townread...fuck refa voted makaze lol ok