(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins!

Iris

Just now, Makaze said:

I'd also like a straight answer: Wouldn't the scum NK show up on a voyeur?

He said it did, he just didn't state it because it was pointless or whatever.

9 minutes ago, BBM said:

yes but that's why i specifically said he wasn't targeted by any role actions, I didnt think the factional NK was worth mentioning. voyeur doesn't get to see who did anything, just what was done.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i thought about that, but if marth had been hijacked or something for example, then i wouldnt have seen a tracker report on ichigo, but would have seen the action targeting marth.

ultimately you might be right that targeting ichigo would have been better, I kind of just thought my action was a formality at that point tbh so I didn't think about it as hard as I should have. 

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Like there is a world where I see 12/4 with scum having a "no" card one time is a potential thing that could happen but the issue is, it's hard to fucking see if this is the world we are in because of like super omega hard bus it would be from Makaze.

If I were the scum Governer and the best role we had was up on the block, not only would I not scumread Refa, I would have used it day 1 and killed the main person on his wagon, then argued that the kill was to make Refa look bad and try to keep him alive, while everyone goes after me instead

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

He said it did, he just didn't state it because it was pointless or whatever.

okay I didn't see that, thanks for explaining

It kinda sucks that taking out 3 scum within the first 2 days means that we don't have a lot of interactions to work with to figure out who the last scum is ;/

I would have to have made someone else close to eating the lim, but I think that my play would be incredibly affected my minmaxing mechanics, and I can't think of a better use for it in that situation

3 minutes ago, Makaze said:

If I were the scum Governer and the best role we had was up on the block, not only would I not scumread Refa, I would have used it day 1 and killed the main person on his wagon, then argued that the kill was to make Refa look bad and try to keep him alive, while everyone goes after me instead

ugh this is a good point

it's probably just ichigo

So, uh, just so I get things straight

What are we actually doing today? Are we just using Makaze's governor ability and having Shinori shoot someone during the night, and if that doesn't end the game do an actual lynch on D5?

• Iris changed the title to SF Mafia: The Revival [Night 4 - N4 ends 8:00 PM EDT 3-June-2024]

A wave of malaise overcomes the NOCcers and you all decide to just go home and tuck in early tonight without eliminating anybody.

It is now Night 4! Night 4 ends on 3-June-2024 at 8:00 PM EDT.

On 6/1/2024 at 4:46 PM, j00 said:

I'm going to bed soon, @Ichigo should claim when he gets back.

Update on claims:
Shinori: Vig (shot Cam N1, Weapons N2) - Role confirmed by Marth
Boron: Doc (doc'd Perci N1, Shinori N2) - Role confirmed by BBM
Marth: Tracker (tracked Shinori visiting Cam N1, Rad visiting no one N2) - Role confirmed by Shinori
BBM: Voyeur (No one visited Prims N1, Shinori was doc'd N2) - Role confirmed by Boron
Makaze: Governor
j00: Communication Inventor (Gave Neighbor to j00 N1, used on Shinori D2, activated N2, gave Radicate Announcer N2) - Role confirmed by Radicate, Shinori can confirm when he gets back
Rapier: Vanilla
Snike: Vanilla
Radicate: Vanilla

Radicate cleared by Marth (unless there's a 5th scum, very unlikely). Boron is cleared by BBM. Shinori is cleared by Marth. 

My PoE:
Marth and BBM unlikely to be scum based on outed info and actions.
Makaze, Ichigo(Prims) and j00 unlikely to be scum based on Refa push.
Snike unlikely to be scum based on Dusk push.

I prefer eliminating Rapier today, but want to wait for Ichigo to claim first.

So I got an insomniac role so I can talk at night. I am assuming it is from j00 here.

And I'm thankful too since you folks speedran the last 2 phases and I never got a chance to talk.

So the tl;dr here is:

1) Town has seriously bungled their role actions these last two phases

2) BBm is the last mafia

But let me show you why for both of those

So unless I am missing something special to this site, a tracker should become more powerful as there are less mafia left alive.

Once you go from 2 mafia left alive to 1 mafia left alive, tracker becomes even more powerful. You can now confirm, every night, whether a player performed the night kill or not. Barring a role such as ninja which does not show up on the track results, you would know that the person you tracked is aligned with the town.

So what does that mean? Well let's go over the events of the past 2 days and I'll show you. Let's say that the mafia agrees with the town and they need to get the vigilante out of the game as soon as possible; ignoring the tracker.

So for this example I am going to use Makaze as the mafia. Not because I think they are, but because if they are they are set to make it to final 3 i n our current Timeline.

But let's go back to the end of day 3. Let's pretend that we agreed that the doctor should be on the tracker.

Here is who is alive at night:

Important town prs that all need to die before final 3:

Shinori, Boron, Marth

Players who look town:

Makaze (our hypothetical mafia), BBM, j00

Easy eliminations:

Ichigo, RADicate, Sunwoo, Snike

Snike gets shot still. Let's say Marth was on me, so I go from "Easy eliminations" to "Confirmed town" when they see I go nowhere but somebody still dies at night.

Let's say that somebody is Shinori. Makaze agrees with the town and ignores the doctor and tracker, opting to kill the vigilante as soon as possible.

Now we are at 8 players alive and no vigilante remaining. People would call for Makaze to use their power here due to being at evens - it would have been correct in that timeline. There is no real counterargument Makaze can present in this situation so they use it.

Now they start working on the Doc + Tracker. They kill Boron and Marth tracks RADicate.

Now the game state on day 5 looks like this:

Important town pr that needs to die before final 3:

Marth

Confirmed Town:

Ichigo, RADicate

Players who look town:

Easy eliminations:

Sunwoo

7 left alive. There are now 2 confirmed town players, but there won't be any more. Sunwoo is the days elimination. Marth dies at night.

Confirmed Town:

Ichigo, RADicate

Players who look town:

We are now stuck with 2 confirmed town VTs and 3 unclear power roles; each of which can reasonably be mafia. One of the final 3 players is confirmed town.

Now back to the current timeline. Let's see how this plays out for us

Shinori, Boron

Players who look town:

Easy eliminations:

Ichigo, RADicate, Sunwoo

Shinori shoots me at night because I wasn't cleared by the tracker. Makaze kills Boron who is protecting Shinori.

Shinori

Players who look town:

Easy eliminations:

RADicate, Sunwoo

RADicate is eliminated. Sunwoo is shot by Shinori. Shinori is shot by Makaze.

Players who look town:

In our current trajectory, there is no confirmed town in final 3. There are 3 variables instead of 2.

In reality, the first scenario likely would not have happened either. Let's look over a situation where the doctor is on the tracker, but this time the mafia goes for the tracker before the vigilante.

So Boron is the first of the 3 prs to fall and Snike is still shot. I get tracked going nowhere.

Shinori, Marth

Confirmed Town:

Ichigo

Players who look town:

Easy eliminations:

RADicate, Sunwoo

We eliminate RADicate. Makaze does not use their ability in this timeline because it is clearly robbing us of a kill. Shinori shoots at Sunwoo. Marth dies.

Shinori

Confirmed Town:

Ichigo

Players who look town:

This is nearly the same situation as the first timeline I've shown, except instead of 2 tracks going off (2 chances to find mafia, not just clear town) we now have Shinori. It doesn't matter if Shinori shoots here or not; the end result is 2 out of the 3 die in this timeline and in the first one. And 1 out of the 3 die in the current one.

On 6/1/2024 at 6:44 PM, Ichigo said:

Should have the doctor on the tracker from now on

On 6/1/2024 at 6:45 PM, Ichigo said:

If Marth is clear they are going to have to shoot the doc and then the tracker in that order unless they have a way around it. And Rad would be clear

On 6/1/2024 at 6:55 PM, BBM said:

doc on vig right? there's not that many scum left and in 9/1 we still have two misvigs + vig potentially being able to win mylo if that ever becomes a thing

On 6/1/2024 at 7:29 PM, Makaze said:

If you can, the best doc options are vig, tracker in that order. Saving the tracker tonight is the best because then we get 2 results: the vig flip and the track result

On 6/1/2024 at 7:30 PM, Makaze said:

I said that backwards. Second part is correct

On 6/1/2024 at 9:14 PM, Bluedoom said:

boron should always be on shinori btw

On 6/1/2024 at 9:16 PM, Makaze said:

We are getting the vig result either way, a tracker seems better since we can get both results even with Shinori out of the game

On 6/1/2024 at 9:18 PM, Makaze said:

But I guess Shinori is out of the PoE, so it's better if we can't trust the tracker anyway

WIFOM

On 6/1/2024 at 9:23 PM, Bluedoom said:

Boron on Shinori forces scum into a 50-50 between shooting the doc or shooting the info role before that rack up another clear/ guilty

On 6/1/2024 at 9:28 PM, BBM said:

lmao @Bluedoom vote to end the game

So BBM is pushing a scum agenda here as I've outlined in the above timelines. Makaze starts by pushing the town agenda but then slips towards being more neutral at the end. Nobody else has an opinion except for the tracker who is... also wrong unfortunately. And then the day is hurried to a close before further discussion can happen.

16 hours ago, BBM said:

damn I didn't expect that. I kind of think it's just prims hardbussing refa but I need to reread d1 now. i don't want to be hasty cuz another day/night like that gets us to mylo

16 hours ago, BBM said:

btw I voyeured marth and can confirm he was not targeted by any role actions

i feel like the marth kill points to ichigo or makaze? as the remaining non-night action claims they're the ones who have most to fear from marth cuz if he tracks them going anywhere it's automatically a 1v1

i don't think governor is confirmed town purely on role. i've been clearing makaze to this point moreso on interactions than role, but we're down to the point where the last scum definitely bussed refa since j00/makaze/prims all voted for him. given town's immense nightkill power via unlimited vig I think mafia having a governor is not out of bounds

15 hours ago, BBM said:

there are governor variants who can force a lynch on someone specific rather than just no lynch (do you remember KIRBY MAFIA shinori).

fuck it maybe i'm omgusing but i'm suspicious of makaze trying to force early phase end + vigshot on me as soon as I started saying he's not clear.

you can call me scummy if you want for it, but i'm also not going to roll over like snike and rapier and just accept my death while town overconfidently wastes its advantage. i'm going to be pissed if you shoot me shinori but if you do you guys better not treat makaze as clear and let him coast to a win

makaze > ichigo > j00

BBM today has been trying to focus attention towards other players to avoid going down themself.

They are not thinking about who is town and why, they are trying to spread suspicion on players.

Also they are wrong about the tracker indicating that anybody is mafia. Bluedoom is the correct kill for every player here, assuming no ninja.

15 hours ago, BBM said:

well i thought about that, but if marth had been hijacked or something for example, then i wouldnt have seen a tracker report on ichigo, but would have seen the action targeting marth.

ultimately you might be right that targeting ichigo would have been better, I kind of just thought my action was a formality at that point tbh so I didn't think about it as hard as I should have. 

Also the "misplays"

I'm actually busy at 800 EDT, so going to extend this deadline to 1100 EDT. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes!

• Iris changed the title to SF Mafia: The Revival [Night 4 - N4 ends 11:00 PM EDT 3-June-2024]

Apologies, just got back to my computer. Will post phase update and send results shortly.