Insane combat blessed Mist

I BEXP'd her up to Level 10 and promoted her just before the Black Knight fight and she ended up getting absurd Strength and Defense growths. Her Strength is equal to Titania at base and her Defense is only 2 points behind. Sadly it's too late for her to actually see any combat utility but if you got these levels immediately after she joins you would have a viable Combat Mist for a large portion of the game. She really is Greil's daughter

Screenshot2024-05-29at6_49_43PM.thumb.png.000266c9c7e07cc799928ea962cc19ee.png 

Don't make me be sarcastic with you. Add (I think Mist starts at level 1?) 20 levels to a unit from base and they'll be competitive. I think this applies to nearly every unit in PoR and RD that has 20 levels to grow from base. Most units in FE would benefit a great deal from 20 levels, though I think there are a few Jeigans who only have around 0-15% growths in most stats and wouldn't see that much improvement.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Original Alear said:

Don't make me be sarcastic with you. Add (I think Mist starts at level 1?) 20 levels to a unit from base and they'll be competitive. I think this applies to nearly every unit in PoR and RD that has 20 levels to grow from base. Most units in FE would benefit a great deal from 20 levels, though I think there are a few Jeigans who only have around 0-15% growths in most stats and wouldn't see that much improvement.

OP says she was only promoted at level 10, which means she's only received 9 levels+promo bonuses. If that's true, and she received no stat boosts, then this is indeed a ridiculously blessed Mist. She's +6 strength and +4 speed over averages. She's even +7HP. It's honestly a bit too hard to even believe. She is point for point higher in every single stat than an Average 20/1 Mist, and by a pretty wide margin in many. That strength in particular is pretty damn ridiculous. To have 12 strength at 10/1 she needs to get a strength proc on literally every level up with a 45% growth. The chances of that are sitting somewhere in the region of 0.1%, for the strength stat alone (edit, it's even lower than that, way lower, she only has a 35% str growth). She's also blessed in multiple other stats. This Mist might literally be 1 in a million.

IN fact, I think this literally is impossible, at least as the OP puts it. She has 30hp, starts with 16 and only has 9 levels of growth. Assuming a HP proc every single level, that would put here at 25hp+3 for promotion making only 28maximum HP for a 10/1 Mist without a Seraph Robe. So this Mist has been juicing.

Edited by Jotari

47 minutes ago, Jotari said:

OP says she was only promoted at level 10

This might actually be a lawyering trick. OP says that they

A. BEXP'd Mist up to level 10, and

B. Promoted her just before the Black Knight fight.

How many chapters passed between "A" and "B"? Perhaps OP BEXP'd Mist up to level 10 back in chapter 17, then manually leveled her up to 20 before chapter 27. In that case, we would be looking at a 20/1 Mist with much less fantastical stats.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

How many chapters passed between "A" and "B"? Perhaps OP BEXP'd Mist up to level 10 back in chapter 17, then manually leveled her up to 20 before chapter 27. In that case, we would be looking at a 20/1 Mist with much less fantastical stats.

Feels like a superfluous detail if she was BEXP'd up to level 10 and then trained a bunch non exp after that. Mentioning that she was given BEXP to level 10 has no bearing on the result of promoting her if she wasn't promoted because of it.

10 hours ago, Original Alear said:

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Feels like a superfluous detail if she was BEXP'd up to level 10 and then trained a bunch non exp after that. Mentioning that she was given BEXP to level 10 has no bearing on the result of promoting her if she wasn't promoted because of it.

She was indeed promoted at exactly Level 10 immediately before the BK fight. I had just barely enough BEXP for it, I was actually worried I would come up slightly short.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

IN fact, I think this literally is impossible, at least as the OP puts it. She has 30hp, starts with 16 and only has 9 levels of growth. Assuming a HP proc every single level, that would put here at 25hp+3 for promotion making only 28maximum HP for a 10/1 Mist without a Seraph Robe. So this Mist has been juicing.

Yeah, since she would be facing endgame enemies by this point I gave her a Seraph Robe that I had laying around so she could have a chance to utilize her absurd Strength and Defense procs. Those happened entirely on their own, though. I also forged a sword for her. On a practical level getting the most combat blessed Mist of all time is still not actually useful but it's hilarious and I didn't want to pass it up. I think the only comparable thing that has happened to me is when I missed a 99% hit against a skeleton in a Seth only run.

34 minutes ago, Kantoor said:

She was indeed promoted at exactly Level 10 immediately before the BK fight. I had just barely enough BEXP for it, I was actually worried I would come up slightly short.

Yeah, since she would be facing endgame enemies by this point I gave her a Seraph Robe that I had laying around so she could have a chance to utilize her absurd Strength and Defense procs. Those happened entirely on their own, though. I also forged a sword for her. On a practical level getting the most combat blessed Mist of all time is still not actually useful but it's hilarious and I didn't want to pass it up. I think the only comparable thing that has happened to me is when I missed a 99% hit against a skeleton in a Seth only run.

Did you give her any other stat boosters?

29 minutes ago, Kantoor said:

I would've but I had already expended them all on other units by this point

That makes me more skeptical, as her luck is also impossible for 10/1, as she only starts with 6 luck and doesn't get any on promotion.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That makes me more skeptical, as her luck is also impossible for 10/1, as she only starts with 6 luck and doesn't get any on promotion.

I must have dumped all my leftover Goddess Icons into her as well if that's the case. I know for certain that I spent all my Speedwings, Energy Rings and Dracoshields on other units as soon as I got them and I invested my Secret Books into Ike; Seraph Robes and Goddess Icons specifically I tend to forget about in the convoy. 

Edited by Kantoor

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

It would be for the purpose of tricking people into assuming a unit has received fewer level-ups than they actually did. Without actually lying. It's called a little trolling.

11 hours ago, Kantoor said:

Well, fair enough. But in the future, if you want to show off a "stat-blessed" (or "stat-screwed") unit, I would suggest being upfront about any boosters that were used.

Congrats on her doing better than usual in Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense, and Res, I suppose.

On 6/2/2024 at 6:05 PM, Jotari said:

17 hours ago, Kantoor said:

The Mist in Question if she was indeed "juicing:

Ocb9N33.png

5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Well, fair enough. But in the future, if you want to show off a "stat-blessed" (or "stat-screwed") unit, I would suggest being upfront about any boosters that were used.

Definitely important for shilling, but lying is great for trolling. Imagine believing the Arran in my sig got no stat boosters. They did, but imagine.

Now you're going insane.

Since we're on PoR, here's an example of an iconic unit worthy of shilling.

GldFpal.png

He got 1 goddess icon.

You wouldn't need to BEXP Mist if PoR let you use the real units. Get that literal plot armor outta here. We settle this armor v armor, or in OP's case, heal staff v Alondite. 

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Since we're on PoR, here's an example of an iconic unit worthy of shilling.

GldFpal.png

He got 1 goddess icon.

You wouldn't need to BEXP Mist if PoR let you use the real units. Get that literal plot armor outta here. We settle this armor v armor, or in OP's case, heal staff v Alondite. 

Damn, is that Chrom's Exalted Falchion? Congrats on hacking the Amiibo Gazebo into PoR's base camp!

Anyway, it's really funny that Brom gaining 15 Speed, over 31 Levels-up, with a 25% growth rate... is actually completely plausible. With the Knight Ward, his odds become better than a coin flip. Finally, an equippable to make Armors better! Surely it will only help the class balance.

2 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Definitely important for shilling, but lying is great for trolling. Imagine believing the Arran in my sig got no stat boosters. They did, but imagine.

Now you're going insane

Since I'm on mobile, I'll have to imagine the Arran stat screen. I can picture it now...

Man, that's a lot of green numbers!