Hopes and dreams for the next Mario Kart game

With the Booster Course Pass all said and done and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in general being the best-selling game in the entire Mario franchise, I think it's more than safe to say that the next Nintendo console is absolutely going to see another Mario Kart game. So, I wanted to spark a discussion thread where we share all of our hopes and dreams for the next game. Whether they be characters, tracks, etc., what are your hopes and dreams for the next Mario Kart game? For me:

• A single-player Adventure Mode in the style of Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing
  • Dynamic music changes for each lap / section of a track
  • 48 tracks at launch
  • Track design more in the vein of Ninja Hideaway and Squeaky Clean Sprint, mostly for the nitro tracks
  • A character roster that dives deeper into Mario's own history, along with the Mario-adjacent series
  • Coins as currency for things like character costumes and kart parts and not as an item
  • Character-specific items earned through a meter filled by tricks
  • An art style closer to Super Mario Odyssey; something that mixes realism with vibrant colors

Having friends in real life who actively have time to play it regularly with me and having the time myself. Like when I was young T.T

I'd love to see Double Dash-style driver-passenger teams return. Double Dash is one of mine and my bro's favorite entries in the series because we get to co-op while racing. And there are all sorts of new character pairs they could create, like Rosalina and Luma. On that note, I'd like to see more Donkey Kong and Wario characters in the roster. And seeing as Geno and Mallow are back in the spotlight thanks to the SMRPG remaster, I'd love to see them as guest racers.

11 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I'd love to see Double Dash-style driver-passenger teams return. Double Dash is one of mine and my bro's favorite entries in the series because we get to co-op while racing. And there are all sorts of new character pairs they could create, like Rosalina and Luma. On that note, I'd like to see more Donkey Kong and Wario characters in the roster. And seeing as Geno and Mallow are back in the spotlight thanks to the SMRPG remaster, I'd love to see them as guest racers.

Ooh, if we were seeing pairs, how about some from Paper Mario? Like...

Koops & Parakarry (replacing Koopa & Parakoopa)

Vivian & Bow

Bobbery & Bombette

Olivia & Olly

That's one of the bigger things I'd like to see: representation of minor Mario characters who haven't really made a "mainline" appearance. Maybe bring back Toadsworth and Fawful, too!

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Having friends in real life who actively have time to play it regularly with me and having the time myself. Like when I was young T.T

Sad, but true.

The perfect Mario Kart game already exists in 8 so its hard to top that. But in terms of characters there are things I'd like to see.

King K Rool and Cranky joining the racing roster. They're technically still Mario characters. 

I also think it be fun if spinn off characters were allowed to join. People like Kammy or Fawful. 

Have higher difficulty levels single player GP force you to rely less on  items and force you to improve on  good racing techniques, in exchange of opponents not heavily relying on items. Basically you might be able to rely on a occasional thunder in 100cc, but all you can expect in 150cc would be a single mushroom most of the time with maybe occasionally a star, so you'll have to constantly stay ahead and consistently drift boost. I'd prefer this more than the cheapness we have now.

Edited by henrymidfields