What's something you've done in Fire Emblem that less than 1% of people have done?

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Just save a brave bow or two for Yune's blessing so the Marksman who don't have Double Bow can still attack (can longbow+marksman result in a 4 range unit? I don't think I've tried that).

Give one of them Arbalest and Dragonfoe, for an effective 114 attack power against every enemy on the third floor. Your barely-promoted Leo is now one-shotting.

I don't think you can boost Longbow range, it just turns "Regular Bows" into Longbows. Which includes the Double Bow, but not Crossbows.

Anyway, my answer is "played, and beaten, Genealogy of the Holy War in both English and Japanese". My take is, most FE fans haven't touched the game. And most who have are either native Japanese (who played in... guess...), or Western fans with enough English knowledge to prefer the fanslation. I originally played the pre-Nage patch, then Project Naga, then the original Japanese via Super Famicom Online service. So I know what I'm doing, even though I can't do much more than "sound out kana".

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Archers might suck, but Marksmen are great. The extra range they're given means they're never eating counter attacks and like all characters they have a significant chance to insta kill an enemy with Dead Eye (and if they somehow don't, that enemy is now asleep and thus effectively dead). They also get Double Bow, the best weapon in the game, though only one of them can use it at a time unless you want to try some mad trading strats. If you've managed to actually train Rolf and Leonardo to Marksman I see no issue at all to bringing all three to the tower. Just save a brave bow or two for Yune's blessing so the Marksman who don't have Double Bow can still attack (can longbow+marksman result in a 4 range unit? I don't think I've tried that).

Yes, Marksman is one of the best classes in the game in my opinion, but I think it's uncommon to train the 3 units that have access to it.

On my playthrough, I think the blessed weapons were Double Bow for Rolf, Silencer for Shinon, and Lughnasadh for Leonardo.

And about your question, unfortunately I think you still only get 3 range when you use a Longbow.

99% of all players stop using FE6!Marcus right before he reaches peak performance. For those who don't have signatures displayed, and in case I change mine at some point: Killed Murdock, Zephiel, Brunja, and Jahn with Marcus.

I also wonder what percentage of BlaBla players S-ranked HHM. I don't even think it's that much of a difficulty increase compared to regular ol' HHM (the delta between ranked/unranked is bigger for EHM and HNM, imo), but it's still something that needs a fair bit of planning that I wouldn't think most players would enjoy.

I also finished FE11's Event Recap. It turned out to be a lot less work than I expected with regard to this or that character needing to be dead. It's really just Prologue 4 that demands more than a single replay if you have a normal run finished on that same cartridge.

And really if we're talking things only 1% of Fire Emblem players have done, experienced any of FE11's bonus chapters except for (maybe) the Nagi one. Because I sincerely doubt somebody, anybody, has ever done so without explicitly trying to. You need to be extremely pro-active in shoving your units off a cliff. Are any of the gaiden chapters worth playing? Definitely 12x. It's a unique story with some interesting morality. Unfortunately it's the most statistically unlikely to unlock without meaning to. The player needs to have 15 or less total units at the end of a map that hands you Five new ones? Yeah right.

3 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I also finished FE11's Event Recap. It turned out to be a lot less work than I expected with regard to this or that character needing to be dead. It's really just Prologue 4 that demands more than a single replay if you have a normal run finished on that same cartridge.

I've done it too, and, honestly, I find it a fun thing for the game to include. I'm likely never going to sit down and watch the static unmoving sprites talk to each other in an emotionally distant manner, but by just existing as a checklist it encourages the hunting down of all that alternate dialogue (I would have even went further with it if I was developing the game and put in an alternate scenario where Minerva returns to fight you in Macedon if you killed Maria and Dell and left Minerva alive).

3 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

And really if we're talking things only 1% of Fire Emblem players have done, experienced any of FE11's bonus chapters except for (maybe) the Nagi one. Because I sincerely doubt somebody, anybody, has ever done so without explicitly trying to. You need to be extremely pro-active in shoving your units off a cliff. Are any of the gaiden chapters worth playing? Definitely 12x. It's a unique story with some interesting morality. Unfortunately it's the most statistically unlikely to unlock without meaning to. The player needs to have 15 or less total units at the end of a map that hands you Five new ones? Yeah right.

My friend managed to do it. At least for the first Athena one (you're right, no body is naturally seeing Horace, if they're that bad at the game they likely wouldn't have got past Lefcandith). It was his first time playing any Fire Emblem, I glanced over and was surprised to see him play chapter 6 with a bunch of replacement units already.